Ayu is now on Spotify - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th January 2017, 02:32 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dandy_ View Post
So...I'm old-school. Someone educate me: Given that I have Ayu's complete discography on my computer, and on MicroSD cards on my phone and tablets...what advantage do I gain from creating a Spotify account?

Storage space is not a problem. Typically, bandwidth is however. I've yet to find a compelling argument for streaming services such as Spotify. I don't care about "discovering other artists" and such BS.

(That said, I'm all in favor of having Ayu on Spotify, obviously - the more exposure she gets, the better...I'm only asking what Spotify can do for me)
I don't know why people like spotify so much. The audio quality alone is reason enough to avoid it. It only streams in 96kbps to 160kbps. Unless you pay for premium and get 320kbps. So if you care about sound quality, it's not worth it.
It's only good for people who are too lazy to download music or don't want to pay for music.
I will forever advocate buying physical music.
Old 8th January 2017, 05:38 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
I don't know why people like spotify so much. The audio quality alone is reason enough to avoid it. It only streams in 96kbps to 160kbps. Unless you pay for premium and get 320kbps. So if you care about sound quality, it's not worth it.
It's only good for people who are too lazy to download music or don't want to pay for music.
I will forever advocate buying physical music.
Shareable playlists with every single song you want from whichever artists you want (provided it is in the catalog), listening on mobile devices without having to transfer music, the ability to download playlists for offline-listening, ability to create a radio playlist based on a song or artist, following artists to get notified when new things get added to their catalog, using Spotify on phone to change song playing on computer, supporting the song creators with every listen, and so on (many of these are Premium perks).
While I would certainly want there to be an option for even higher quality, I am very happy with my Premium subscription, especially now that I can put a bunch of Ayu-songs in any playlist I like. It's easy to use and it's an easy way to carry your music with you across devices without the hassle of files or CDs. Additionally, it's a great way to find new music similar to what you like (as Spotify can give you recommendations for that in several different and very unobtrusive ways) as well as keeping up with more recent hits or revisiting old classics.
Supporting Ayu through physical media or paid downloads is naturally preferable (I've done both of those), but Spotify does give an avenue for people to do it in addition to that, or as a cheaper or even free way to do it.

This post is not sponsored by or in any way commercially affiliated with Spotify, just felt I had to say it because I was singing its praises so much
Old 8th January 2017, 06:29 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

If you guys don't want to wait until Spotify updates with all her discography, Apple Music have all her releases bar "We Are The Queens" for some reason, even full Made In Japan album. Also Today, Flower & Evolution performances from MiJ tour are on her Apple Music page
Old 8th January 2017, 09:03 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-me View Post
Shareable playlists with every single song you want from whichever artists you want (provided it is in the catalog), listening on mobile devices without having to transfer music, the ability to download playlists for offline-listening, ability to create a radio playlist based on a song or artist, following artists to get notified when new things get added to their catalog, using Spotify on phone to change song playing on computer, supporting the song creators with every listen, and so on (many of these are Premium perks).
While I would certainly want there to be an option for even higher quality, I am very happy with my Premium subscription, especially now that I can put a bunch of Ayu-songs in any playlist I like. It's easy to use and it's an easy way to carry your music with you across devices without the hassle of files or CDs. Additionally, it's a great way to find new music similar to what you like (as Spotify can give you recommendations for that in several different and very unobtrusive ways) as well as keeping up with more recent hits or revisiting old classics.
Supporting Ayu through physical media or paid downloads is naturally preferable (I've done both of those), but Spotify does give an avenue for people to do it in addition to that, or as a cheaper or even free way to do it.

This post is not sponsored by or in any way commercially affiliated with Spotify, just felt I had to say it because I was singing its praises so much
I feel like they should hire you, you would do GREAT promoting Spotify I've never used the app and I kinda wanna use it after reading your post, haha Especially since it also has Ayu music now

IG: @louuass

Old 8th January 2017, 12:09 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post
^ And the GREEN remix on the Rule/Sparkle single is Sparkle xD
Report it! I'll report it too. I'm assuming the more people that report, the more likely they'll fix it lol.

Old 8th January 2017, 03:38 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
I don't know why people like spotify so much. The audio quality alone is reason enough to avoid it. It only streams in 96kbps to 160kbps.
I hacked it so I have the extreme quality without paying lol
Old 8th January 2017, 04:37 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-me View Post
No, thanks, this is exactly the type of response I was looking for.

The conclusion I'm drawing from your post is that it's really targeting those who are into the social aspect of it (I'm not) or can't or don't want to manage their own files (which is something I prefer to do). And maybe technical limitations such as not having enough storage room on your own devices.
Old 9th January 2017, 12:40 AM
still alone Initiate

Youtube also has all if not most of Ayu's music uploaded that can be listened to for free and decent quality.
Although, I think sometimes it blocks certain countries on certain tracks.
Old 9th January 2017, 11:08 AM
Depend on you Initiate

That's great! I was wondering when Kumi is going to join it...
Old 10th January 2017, 12:29 PM
ever free Initiate

I wonder why Spotify stopped uploading Ayu's albums. I was looking forward to adding some songs from RnRC to my playlist. Also, they uploaded such random albums too. Why two live albums and not studio albums?

Old 10th January 2017, 12:40 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Spotify doesn't work here. I wish one day ayu will appear at yandex.music
Old 10th January 2017, 03:06 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatGirl View Post
I wonder why Spotify stopped uploading Ayu's albums. I was looking forward to adding some songs from RnRC to my playlist. Also, they uploaded such random albums too. Why two live albums and not studio albums?
Few singles and rainbow got added since treat was made - maybe it just taking a song time

set by pepper

Old 11th January 2017, 03:39 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Spotify pays Avex for the number of streams on each song. Also, noticed the messed-up discography, but a friend of mine works at Spotify, she tells me the record companies are the ones who insert the albums/playlists into Spotify themselves. So it's not Spotify's fault that the discography are in a mess..

Also, it only recently went up cos Spotify's Japan office just opened a few months back! Guess they're working hard trying to sign contracts with the record companies!

Old 11th January 2017, 12:07 PM
forgiveness Initiate

For anyone who doubts in Spotify, just think that Spotify is like Netflix but have even more good functions. So you use Spotify for the same reasons you use Netflix.They have over 30 million songs in their library and 100 millions active users. That can't be negative.

What Spotify (and Netflix) does for the media industry is an amazing thing itself. The human being is lazy and the general usage of music/videos/movies have always been the easiest way. When downloading entered the world with Napster as the first big site and Napster got the first lawsuits from music/movie companies. This huge problem started with people being illegal rather than going down to the CD store.

Enters Spotify or Netflix. Now it's even easier to access to digital media without the hassle of downloading, downloading fanmade subtitles that might match wrong, listen/watch in your computer or transfer to USB sticks or mobile phones. Now everyone instead got access to music/movies directly to your device (and multiple devices as well). Just start the app. Nothing more.

And with this being easier than downloading (that is easier than going to the physical store) the general public is more than happy to pay for an subscription. Hooray for smart people working with the digital trends and giving the public what they want instead of trying to get everyone to buy physical.

With that being said, I love buying the physical CD's. I got all Ayu's albums (except for some remix), all singles, DVD's etc. I'm a collector and I love to support Ayu. But I love that I don't have to do all the work with taking in songs in my computer and then to other devices, seriously I wan't to spend my time on other things. I love both Spotify and Netflix for the same reasons. Only that Spotify really does have pretty much everything while Netflix lacks in their library. Spotify premium is worth every single penny, it's not even expensive, same as Netflix pretty much even though it's better.

And no I'm not either sponsored by Spotify or Netflix in any way.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 11th January 2017, 12:31 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by OogoeDiamond View Post
Few singles and rainbow got added since treat was made - maybe it just taking a song time
Yeah, I've already added RAINBOW and such - I was super stoked about that since it's my favorite album by her

I guess it's avex's fault, as usual, haha. Thank you for the info, me0wie!

Old 11th January 2017, 08:49 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

they just added NEXT LEVEL, (miss)understood, Secret, GUILTY, MY STORY, Memorial address and some singles today. nice!

also I just saw A COMPLETE (the tags are a mess btw) and ayu-mi-x 6 there. we're almost there omfg

Last edited by hud; 11th January 2017 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11th January 2017, 09:43 PM
I am... Initiate

I wonder if they gonna fix Made in Japan

set by pepper

Old 12th January 2017, 12:26 AM
UNITE! Initiate

I'm so happy we now have MY STORY and (miss)understood! I just need to have Love Songs in there and Made in Japan, so my favorite albums will all be avaliable!
Guys, just remember that Spotify is another way to support ayu! Nowadays it's really hard for me to buy the physical versions of her albums/singles, so at least I'm supporting her in a way. I know it's very little, but it's what I can do right now.
Old 12th January 2017, 12:54 AM
still alone Initiate

Spotify is good for those who just want to hear their favorite songs. Or have no other ways to get a hold of music.
But people who are passionate about music will want more than low quality streaming like Spotify.
Old 12th January 2017, 02:23 AM
I am... Initiate

For me i just a nice way to have all music from my non japan artist + Ayu in one place. I hope they will add other avex artists

set by pepper

Closed Thread

Tags
spotify