A3D ~AT09 and AT10~ showings in Los Angeles on September 1st/2nd! - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 8th August 2012, 09:21 PM
rainy day Initiate

Just bought my tickets for 9/1! I still never got around to watching the NEXT LEVEL Tour DVD (seen clips only) so it will be interesting to see it for the first time in 3D. Followed by the EPICNESS of AT10... Can't go wrong there!!
Old 10th August 2012, 10:15 PM
Over Initiate

DCでそういう行事が行えばいいのになぁ・・
Old 11th August 2012, 08:57 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokiyo View Post
I just got my ticket! ><!!! The location is down the street from me! What a treat!!!
I just read that as 'what a teat!!!'

Old 13th August 2012, 05:22 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggerz189 View Post
DCでそういう行事が行えばいいのになぁ・・
Yes SHOWING IN DC would be GREATTTtttTTt!! )

-BWJ-
Instagram, YouTube, Twitter

Old 16th August 2012, 07:22 AM
rainy day Initiate

Anyone know a decent but cheap place to stay in L.A.?
I will be staying Wednesday August 29th-Saturday, September 1st (Leaving Sunday, September 2nd so a 4 night stay).

The thing is, is that I had a $200 plane ticket voucher to use by September 2nd and was pretty much obligated to go somewhere or lose out on this money. So my flight total was $300, leaving me to pitch in $100 cash. As I mentioned my boss had told me he thought it would be nice if I could enjoy a longer vacation so he offered to "cover" the cost of a 4th night. To then which he said "I will give you $100" - well I come in to work a few days later and he had left me only $80. Still nice of him, but not really enough to "cover" my expenses for a whole extra day.

Now I have spent $100 on a plane, $40 on the theater tickets, $66 to see trance DJ Armin van Buuren play on Thursday night, $30 to see trance DJs W&W play on Friday, night... for a total of $236. But there is also cost of food, cost of alcohol at the clubs the DJs will be playing, transport (bus and taxi)... I tried to set a total budget for myself of $580, which leaves ~$343... and out of that I have to book my hotel as well.

I have been reading reviews and looking at hotels for the past few hours. I thought I had one picked out before I booked my hotel but now when I think about it, it is kind of a ways to travel from the clubs the DJs will be playing at later at night and I don't want to be arriving to a shady hotel at those hours. If anyone has any suggestions, even if it's something along the lines of "well I know this one looks/sounds bad but take my advice, it is not as bad as it's made out to be" to put me at ease, I would very much appreciate it!!

My trip is kind of turning into a financial nightmare...

I'll look forward to the show though!
Old 16th August 2012, 12:44 PM
Voyage Initiate

THIS IS BIG NEWS! HOLY CRAP!!

Ayu showing in the US! @w@ So excited for everyone that can attend!!

Isn't one of the biggest Chinatown / Little Tokyo outside of Asia in California anyway? Would make sense they start there to see the attendance number...

BUT THIS IS GREAT 8D !!

@Zeke. Ever thought to look on www.couchsurfing.org/ ?? Maybe you can crash at someone's place 8D I've never tried it personally so I can't say but I've heard a few friends mention it and they all had good experiences.
BTS Wings Tour 2017
G-Dragon M.O.T.T.E World Tour 2017
Taeyang White Night World Tour 2017
Old 17th August 2012, 04:09 PM
rainy day Initiate

^ Cool, thanks! I will look into it!
Old 19th August 2012, 03:52 AM
UNITE! Initiate

I'm 95% sure I'm going! I just gotta get the final OK on having Labor Day off. And I got the days wrong, so I'll only be able to see A3DII, which I wanted to see more anyway. (Though, it would have been cool to see ARENA TOUR 2009 live, on DVD, and in theatres!)

To help you out a bit Zeke, I've always been lucky enough to stay with my Aunt and Uncle whenever I travel to LA, and I'll be doing the same during this trip... As far as helping you with transit, have you ever thought about using the train system? I've never used it, but perhaps that would help your cost a bit (I saw you mention taxis and I know those are a bit pricey). Also, are you willing to stay at hostels? I found a few decently-priced ones, but I'm not sure the location of your shows and I saw you say you'd rather stay a bit close to those venues.

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Old 19th August 2012, 04:37 AM
And Then Initiate

Just found out I can't go because I don't have a ride (and I live 2 hours from LA!). So sad, I was really looking forward to it.

-awesome sig by ownsarai-
Old 19th August 2012, 08:14 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by polka-dot-jewel View Post
I'm 95% sure I'm going! I just gotta get the final OK on having Labor Day off. And I got the days wrong, so I'll only be able to see A3DII, which I wanted to see more anyway. (Though, it would have been cool to see ARENA TOUR 2009 live, on DVD, and in theatres!)

To help you out a bit Zeke, I've always been lucky enough to stay with my Aunt and Uncle whenever I travel to LA, and I'll be doing the same during this trip... As far as helping you with transit, have you ever thought about using the train system? I've never used it, but perhaps that would help your cost a bit (I saw you mention taxis and I know those are a bit pricey). Also, are you willing to stay at hostels? I found a few decently-priced ones, but I'm not sure the location of your shows and I saw you say you'd rather stay a bit close to those venues.
I was looking into some "hostel" type places as they appeared on the search when looking for a hotel. Some good reviews, but many warn of bed bugs, which I do not want to bring back home with me. I also read in one posting of how someone saw a guy pull a knife on someone else right near the hotel. L.A. just seems like a rough town to just travel to alone and to be going out drinking, alone, and finding transport on a train, alone... I mean, I went to Japan bymyself and ended up in a room across the desk of another man who handed me a price chart for the amount of time I could spend with the women he had pictures of and I felt much safer their than I do about the idea of staying in an unsafe area in L.A., lol.
Old 20th August 2012, 07:00 PM
YOU Initiate

My friend is actually one of the organizers of this event and she said it's selling pretty dismally...

Apparently most people who bought tickets are in the tech industry and are interested in the visual effects etc more than in Ayu herself..

How about we all try to help promote this event via our Facebooks/Twitters etc? Haha

I will be going to both showings on Sunday 9/2 so it would be fun to meet any of you who are attending as well!
Old 21st August 2012, 12:54 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The theater isn't that big though so they shouldn't be expecting too many people...

Also, I feel like some people just haven't ordered yet. I know a few people who haven't purchased tickets yet due to money issues.
Old 21st August 2012, 11:50 PM
Bridge to the sky H-Initiate

Just bought my ticket for the NEXT LEVEL concert on 9/2! Can't wait!

Thank you, Sakura_Genki, for making this set!
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:09 AM
Far away Initiate

I would totally go in a heartbeat if I didnt have a family reunion/vacation lined up already...ARGH!
Old 23rd August 2012, 06:25 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suteisi View Post
@Zeke. Ever thought to look on www.couchsurfing.org/ ?? Maybe you can crash at someone's place 8D I've never tried it personally so I can't say but I've heard a few friends mention it and they all had good experiences.
Just want to say thanks again for this recommendation! I now have an accepted couch surfing request and will be staying with someone for the duration of my trip!
Old 26th August 2012, 08:43 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

If anyone has yet to buy tickets, they are 20% off here!

http://www.us-utopia.com/store/user/category/la/1

Apparently, you need to be a member of the Japanese Lighthouse USA magazine for this?

Last edited by truehappiness; 26th August 2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 26th August 2012, 11:22 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Just want to say thanks again for this recommendation! I now have an accepted couch surfing request and will be staying with someone for the duration of my trip!
Maybe check out Choicehotel.com and see what you can find?? Hope this helps somewhat,My parents travel alot...
Good luck!
Edit: ffffffff.....Sorry,Didn't read it completely. but still leaving this here just in case; Sorry about that!
Old 27th August 2012, 03:48 AM
UNITE! Initiate

I think my comprehension skills went down the drain when all this information was released, haha. I didn't realize both films were playing each day. I thought AT09 was on Saturday, and AT10 was on Sunday! I just bought my plane tickets, and I'll be arriving Sunday morning. And I convinced my aunt to go, yay! I wonder if she'll want to go to both... I need to talk to her about that, haha. I'm so excited!! Less than a week at this point

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Old 27th August 2012, 09:43 AM
Sky high Protector

US people are so lucky! Have a great time everybody!^^
Old 27th August 2012, 05:55 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

The day after my birthday, I think I might go as I know the area...

Tags
浜崎あゆみ, arena tour 2009, arena tour 2010, next level, rock'n'roll circus