miwa is playing the rhythm guitar in her 4th Thread - Page 21 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 22nd March 2015, 06:18 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Still no further promotion for this album? Like PV or something?

Anyway, so I watched the acoguissimo concert which was held in Budokan weeks ago, it's been a while I never watch her concert, and this time... wow. I seriously love Kibou no Wa now, lol. YOU GUYS MUST WATCH IT TOO!

I still can't get enough of how good when she performs her songs live, the way she plays the guitar, her stage presence... really. I think I found some new appreciation for her recent songs, most of her songs are very enjoyable when performed live. Hopefully this ONENESS album will give that vibe.
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。
Old 22nd March 2015, 07:12 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellody View Post

Anyway, so I watched the acoguissimo concert which was held in Budokan weeks ago, it's been a while I never watch her concert, and this time... wow. I seriously love Kibou no Wa now, lol. YOU GUYS MUST WATCH IT TOO!

I still can't get enough of how good when she performs her songs live, the way she plays the guitar, her stage presence... really. I think I found some new appreciation for her recent songs, most of her songs are very enjoyable when performed live. Hopefully this ONENESS album will give that vibe.
Have to agree with the acoguissimo concert as well. It was one epic performance, especially right at the end! Anyways, regarding further promotion...is this the same thing that Ayu's doing - lack of further significant promotion, especially television appearances?

Especially the fact that neither Ayu nor miwa isn't going to be in the upcoming three-hour Music Station spring special on April 3rd, only to the fact that both Ayu and miwa are relasing their albums on the following Wednesday (the 8th)! I have to wonder...what is TV Asahi thinking about? Why did they put Ayaka (she has an album on the 15th, the following week) but not Ayu or miwa, and instead get Kis-My-Ft2, NyaaKB, Southern All Stars, Tohoshinki, J Soul Brothers, Yuzu, and even Wagakki Band and BEGIN??? Why not Ayu or miwa???

Especially when these two are going to end up fighting for #1, why are neither Ayu nor miwa going to appear on Music Station?

This is a miwa thread, so I should keep my conversation down to miwa (sorry for the Ayu reference again), but yes, not including her on Music Station for promoting miwa's new album...that kind of sucks a bit. But, to be honest, the five new songs - how important are they? We know most of the songs are from past singles...

Of course there will be those radio promotions, but as far as TV concerned...that might happen in "second-tier" programs (such as Music Dragon or even CDTV). We already saw miwa on Music Station twice this year, but that was during the single releases windows earlier this winter.

And I also realize no new PV as well? Hmm...not even hearing the news of a PV of a new song from the ONENESS album...actually, that didn't even happen on her previous albums! (No, actually againxagain - from guitarium - had a PV. Also, the DVD on ONENESS has the arena tour concert series digest, not PVs...)
Old 22nd March 2015, 11:53 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Artist (managements) decide if an artist goes on TV, not the station.
Old 23rd March 2015, 05:54 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
Artist (managements) decide if an artist goes on TV, not the station.
Okay, thanks. Let me change my wording: maybe she wasn't interested to appear on the Music Station special?
Old 23rd March 2015, 10:37 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:

I've never seen any of her acoguissimo performances, but you people are making me want to change that. I think I saw a recording of her Delight tour last year and honestly, it was boring. But an acoustic performance might be a lot better; I remember watching my Delight bonus DVD and being really impressed with the teaser of her special live at Shimokitazawa Loft, where she performed alone with her guitar. Also, I'm a sucker for re-arrangements (and I want to hear any version of Kibou no Wa out there). I guess I'll add acoguissimo to my list of things to check out... whenever I have time, lol.
Old 24th March 2015, 07:10 AM
Daybreak Initiate

To tell you the truth, for me, I think most of her concerts are quite boring.

Not sure if it's probably because we usually watch ayu concerts (I'm saying this because we're in AHS) which has... grandiose things all over the place, compared to a little girl with her band, carrying a guitar...

It's just my 2cents, but still, at least, for a female singer-songwriter with a guitar in her hand (or maybe any band), her concerts are far more enjoyable, at least for me. No offense but I remember back then watching YUI concert and fell asleep after several minutes, and then one of Do As Infinity concert as well, and yeah I'm a big fan of those two, but lol it happened.

But yeah, I think acoguissimo is even more enjoyable because, it's just her and her guitar, nothing else. One of the performance, Kataomoi, it's just her without guitar, only her voice. It's awesome. I'm surprised how miwa pulled off her guitar skills (well, tbh, I can't play it) during the show, it's surprising and entertaining at the same time.

Anyway, maybe if you want to watch it, I think I should warn you about the MC, if you don't understand it will be very boring, because she has some signatures which only her radio listeners will understand, even though it's quite funny sometimes, but if you can't stand long MC... well, be careful.
Quote:
Old 24th March 2015, 11:35 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Honestly, I don't like watching concerts, no matter what, I always get sleepy. Especially watching ayu.

I prefer short performaces of TV.

TWICE

Old 26th March 2015, 01:11 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
To tell you the truth, for me, I think most of her concerts are quite boring.

Not sure if it's probably because we usually watch ayu concerts (I'm saying this because we're in AHS) which has... grandiose things all over the place, compared to a little girl with her band, carrying a guitar...

It's just my 2cents, but still, at least, for a female singer-songwriter with a guitar in her hand (or maybe any band), her concerts are far more enjoyable, at least for me. No offense but I remember back then watching YUI concert and fell asleep after several minutes, and then one of Do As Infinity concert as well, and yeah I'm a big fan of those two, but lol it happened.

But yeah, I think acoguissimo is even more enjoyable because, it's just her and her guitar, nothing else. One of the performance, Kataomoi, it's just her without guitar, only her voice. It's awesome. I'm surprised how miwa pulled off her guitar skills (well, tbh, I can't play it) during the show, it's surprising and entertaining at the same time.

Anyway, maybe if you want to watch it, I think I should warn you about the MC, if you don't understand it will be very boring, because she has some signatures which only her radio listeners will understand, even though it's quite funny sometimes, but if you can't stand long MC... well, be careful.
Well, the Ayu type of grandiose can be uninteresting as well... Her best performances are the ones where she's overflowing with intensity and not sharing the stage with too many people. My problem with the miwa live was not the lack of flash, but that for most of the concer, she seemed content just... standing there, surrounded by her band, smiling away, strumming her guitar, nothing else. No intensity (even in songs that really call for that), not much of a connection to the viewer. Boring.

But a completely solo live with only her and a guitar sounds perfect. Intimate setting, new arrangements, a whole different feeling... yes! And if she can pull off any songs like the Delight live version on 360°... yeeeeessss!

Last edited by Kacku; 26th March 2015 at 09:43 PM.
Old 27th March 2015, 05:02 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacku View Post
Well, the Ayu type of grandiose can be uninteresting as well... Her best performances are the ones where she's overflowing with intensity and not sharing the stage with too many people.
Totally agree with that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacku View Post
But a completely solo live with only her and a guitar sounds perfect. Intimate setting, new arrangements, a whole different feeling... yes! And if she can pull off any songs like the Delight live version on 360°... yeeeeessss!
Yes! I'm not sure if I'm right, but I think when I watch her, she has a great stage presence, especially now with only acoustic guitar, you can just feel that. GO WATCH IT!
Quote:
Old 9th April 2015, 07:01 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

1. Masaharu Fukuyama - 68,758
  2. miwa - 24,855
  3. ayu - 20,025

#YouDidntTellUs!!! My gosh... Masaharu Fukuyama may have wiped out hopes of Ayu or miwa getting #1...

To be honest, I'm actually a bit disappointed with the album, both sales-wise and tracklist-wise. That sales numbers...I'm surprised how low this is - less than 25,000 on the first day alone. (Can someone get the 'Delight' album numbers?) But I'm gonna guess that much of the album is 'recycled' - that means there's too much of it are 'been there, done that' material (we've released it before). And, I think, this may have backfired miwa quite a bit.

Now, what I could complain about Masaharu Fukuyama is this: 'Tamariku' is an album where he sings various songs only by himself with the acoustic guitar. WHAT!? How in the world an album with NO NEW SONGS - just some old songs, re-released for 2015 in an acoustic guitar version - DOMINATE THE NUBMER ONE SPOT!?!?!?

I mean...that's not right. This kind of an album outselling both Ayu and miwa COMBINED, and it's not a studio album unlike Ayu or miwa???

But I do have to agree partially with the sales numbers that I've been seeing. There's just simply too much of the recycled stuff. As for the new songs, 'Stress Free' is sometimes nothing but stressful - what in the world is this? This is one of those 'love or hate' affair about how miwa sings...this song, for some people, might call it 'one of the most annoying' (saw that on JPopsuki). Personally, my favorite is 'super heroine', but in all, the fact that 64% of the album (nine of the 14 songs in the tracklist) is recycled...that may be the reason why the sales numbers are lower than what I expect.

Any reviews of this album here would be greatly appreciated, because, I have a feeling the reviews that I might hear might not be positive, and it could reflect the sales numbers that we're seeing...
Old 9th April 2015, 07:41 AM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
That sales numbers...I'm surprised how low this is - less than 25,000 on the first day alone. (Can someone get the 'Delight' album numbers?)
Delight sold approx. 25,500 copies on the first day, so her sales dropped less than 1k.

It isn't really surprising that Fukuyama Masaharu got #1, he is way more popular than Miwa and Ayu.
He could record himself singing in the shower and still sell more than them.
Old 9th April 2015, 07:50 AM
everlasting dream Initiate

I gave the new album previews a try 'cause I haven't listened to her stuff in a while. I think they're nice, but not enough for me to actually want to hear the full thing.

Congrats on getting #2, though. Nice to see her doing well.
Old 9th April 2015, 11:27 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Fukuyama is super-popular, and he is in his 40's, I don't like his music but I admire him.

TWICE

Old 10th April 2015, 03:53 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Basically miwa sells more than ayu because she did more promotion.

You know what happened?
miwa came into Tower Records to promote herself, plus other than signing CD with her autograph, she did a mini-live, singing some of her songs plus some Christmas songs (I see what you did there, girl.) which successfully gathered around hundred of people if I'm not mistaken.

Whatever it is, physical sales will always decrease from time to time now. This is digital era, if there's no good reason to sell physical copies (like AKB did), then it's pointless.

Anyway, speaking of the album, ONENESS itself the first track it's not bad, I like it. But the rest of new songs, lol. Philosopher and Stress Free are something like Taylor Swift would sing I think. Most of new tracks are 'American' sounding for me. Overall, meh album.
Quote:
Old 10th April 2015, 06:50 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miichan View Post
Delight sold approx. 25,500 copies on the first day, so her sales dropped less than 1k.

It isn't really surprising that Fukuyama Masaharu got #1, he is way more popular than Miwa and Ayu.
He could record himself singing in the shower and still sell more than them.
Thanks for clarifying. The hit wasn't as hard, but I'm a bit disappointed Masaharu Fukuyama stole miwa's thunder. It shows why the Japanese music race for Oricon #1 is way too congested, where today's #1 artists generally consists of male artists (whether it's Southern All Stars, Mr.Children, EXILE/EXILE TRIBE boybands or Johnny's boybands) and AKB48 (and related) idols today...

It's pretty tough if you're a female soloist. miwa may have tried her best, but Masaharu Fukuyama has a more proven track record than her...
Old 10th April 2015, 08:16 AM
Daybreak Initiate

It's not about the recent trends which the male are more popular, but do you know how long Masaharu Fukuyama has been around in entertainment industry? Not to mention he's not just a singer, but an actor as well, and so on.

Who is miwa? a female singer-songwriter debuted around 4 years ago and what else she's known for now other than that? I think you need to expand your mind and knowledge before thinking about sales competition.
Quote:
Old 10th April 2015, 09:35 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

She doesn't win anything with a No.1 album, lol. She just needs good sales to keep releasing music.

TWICE

Old 11th April 2015, 01:37 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
It's not about the recent trends which the male are more popular, but do you know how long Masaharu Fukuyama has been around in entertainment industry? Not to mention he's not just a singer, but an actor as well, and so on.

Who is miwa? a female singer-songwriter debuted around 4 years ago and what else she's known for now other than that? I think you need to expand your mind and knowledge before thinking about sales competition.
Agreed! Maybe I'm overlooking too much at this...

Anyways, miwa dropped down to #3 - by who? Southern All Stars. #3 yesterday (taking over Ayu), now #2...UGH.

(I'm not a fan of Keisuke Kuwata very much, personally... )
Old 15th April 2015, 06:49 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Sorry for double-posting, but I don't think we're going to happy with this:

miwa is #3. Who is #2? SOUTHERN ALL STARS. Again.

Ugh, not a great way to end the week. Southern All Stars have been making a bit of a charge in the late days, and that cost miwa #2. I'm disappointed that she doesn't get a top two.

Compared to Delight, which sold 69,066 in the first week, ONENESS only sold 50,255. A bit disappointing indeed. (>_<) Any reasons why?
Old 15th April 2015, 12:31 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

^ I would say because Delight was a much better album overall and had the huge hit that was hikari e (+whistle, miracle which also did well) and album tracks were brilliant too (321, LOUD!, sparrow, Delight) sure this one had Faith which i LOVE but that's pretty much it the other singles were kinda meh :// I did like let me go from kimi ni deaeta kara tho but that's not on the album either so.. but that's just my opinion.. I think she can be glad to still have sold this much I expected worse

tumblr

Tags
miwa, oneness, stress free, yozora