The Land of Gods and Monsters: Lana Del Rey's 2nd thread - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th June 2014, 05:56 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 View Post
I didn't really enjoy the album all that much tbh. All the tracks before "Sad Girl" are so goddamn boring. But then from Sad Girl onward, I can digest the material a little better. My suspicions were right when I listened to all the pre-released songs; the album is too slow, somber, and psychedelic for me. I prefer her Born to Die/Paradise eras. Maybe I shouldn't have listened to Ultraviolence with the mindset that it could be Born to Die version 2.0? idk. I'm disappointed though.
I loved the album, I had a huge feeling that it was ALL going to be like the pre releases so I cleared all my mind of BTD and just accepted it as a whole new stage in Lana's music totally different

set made my me

Old 20th June 2014, 09:31 AM
End of the World Initiate

^Same. If I had went into this album hoping to hear Born to Die: Part 2, I would've been disappointed as well. I knew it wouldn't be, though, after listening to the pre-releases, so I accepted that beforehand.

I'm really enjoying it, although I do think it's a downer. Born to Die and Paradise were somber at times, but Ultraviolence is somber all the way through. Not an upbeat track to be found.

久しぶり〜

Old 23rd June 2014, 05:18 PM
immature Initiate

I'm loving Ultraviolence. I think the first half of the album is exceptional while the second half has been more of a grower aside from Old Money.. I bought the deluxe version and I was wondering anyone else that bought it, does Flordia Kilos skip on you? There are no scratches on the CD but anytime I import it, it skips at different areas each time, some worse than others.
Old 23rd June 2014, 06:36 PM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmage View Post
I'm loving Ultraviolence. I think the first half of the album is exceptional while the second half has been more of a grower aside from Old Money.. I bought the deluxe version and I was wondering anyone else that bought it, does Flordia Kilos skip on you? There are no scratches on the CD but anytime I import it, it skips at different areas each time, some worse than others.
I also bought the deluxe edition, however the track that skips around for me is Flipside, while Florida Kilos is fine... Idk why Lana CDs are always having issues lol. Born to Die: Paradise Edition was missing the bonus tracks on the Born to Die disc -__-;
Old 24th June 2014, 08:24 PM
immature Initiate

^ I still have yet to hear Flipside. I REALLY wish that Lana would just make one deluxe version instead of having an extra song on itunes and then another on the target version.
Old 25th June 2014, 05:43 AM
still alone Initiate

did you guys listen to "Is this happiness" ? Cuz thats literally one of the best tracks on the album for me even if it is just the itunes bonus track

set made my me

Old 26th June 2014, 05:52 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I bought my ULTRAVIOLENCE copy yesterday, and I'm listening to it like there's no tomorrow. IT'S GLORIOUS.
West Coast, Brooklyn Baby, Money, Power, Glory, Shades of Cool and Old Money OWN me. And her voice in The Other Woman! Actually, HER VOICE IN EVERY SINGLE TRACK, LIKE, HOLY CRAP!!
My baby Lanabanana did it again.
PS: She MUST come to Italy with her tour again, I need to see her singing these beauties in front of me.

Hello new me...

Old 2nd July 2014, 04:44 PM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyumiAi View Post
did you guys listen to "Is this happiness" ? Cuz thats literally one of the best tracks on the album for me even if it is just the itunes bonus track
It was the best itunes purchase ever. I love that song.

However, Brooklyn Baby has me coming back all the time. It is so infectious.
Old 8th July 2014, 08:57 AM
STEP you Protector

Does anyone know if there's a place where I could find fan remixes of Lana's songs? When I do a Soundcloud search I'm lucky to get anything that's actually Song X Remix like I typed in the box, most of the results page is remixes, covers or standard versions of random Lana songs.

I just finished listening to a huge collection of Lana's unreleased songs, so many gems there. Now I'm hoping that Ultraviolence demos leak one day, on many lovely songs they did things to her voice that I dislike.
Old 29th July 2014, 09:47 AM
too late Initiate

... I listened to the album once or twice. I can't remember. I don't know. I'll listen to it later and maybe I'll like it more.

Old 29th July 2014, 09:15 PM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyria View Post
Does anyone know if there's a place where I could find fan remixes of Lana's songs? When I do a Soundcloud search I'm lucky to get anything that's actually Song X Remix like I typed in the box, most of the results page is remixes, covers or standard versions of random Lana songs.

I just finished listening to a huge collection of Lana's unreleased songs, so many gems there. Now I'm hoping that Ultraviolence demos leak one day, on many lovely songs they did things to her voice that I dislike.
You could try YouTube. Lana Del Rey has a lot of great trap remixes that are fan-made. This is my favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
... I listened to the album once or twice. I can't remember. I don't know. I'll listen to it later and maybe I'll like it more.
Honestly, I keep hovering over Ultraviolence in iTunes trying to pick a song to listen to; but there isn't anything I want to listen to... So I just listen to Born to Die lol.
Old 30th July 2014, 08:16 AM
immature Initiate

That remix! So so interesting... I have to listen to it a few times to see if I actually like it or not. Don't get me wrong, I like some of the elements.. but it sounds too happy-go-lucky cabaret.
Old 30th July 2014, 08:35 AM
Secret Initiate

There are tons of trap remixes for Lana out there on YouTube. I adore her voice with trap backdrops. Here's another one of my favorites, maybe you'll like this one better than the West Coast one?

Old 3rd August 2014, 07:12 PM
STEP you Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 View Post
You could try YouTube. Lana Del Rey has a lot of great trap remixes that are fan-made.
Thanks for the tip! I'm going to start doing different kinds of searches; I see Trap Nation has a remix of Serial Killer, one of my favourite unreleased songs.

Quote:
Honestly, I keep hovering over Ultraviolence in iTunes trying to pick a song to listen to; but there isn't anything I want to listen to... So I just listen to Born to Die lol.
Born to Die just doesn't get old, I can still listen to it the whole way through.
Old 5th August 2014, 01:04 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Ultraviolence is such a great album. I still need to make myself go to YouTube and search for Is This Happiness? because I haven't heard that one yep. Flipside is really good. One of my favorites (you can listen to it on Spotify if you want). Only song that I really don't appreciate is Guns and Roses which feels a little bit boring to me but otherwise this album is amazing. I really enjoy listening to it.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 23rd October 2014, 08:00 AM
appears Initiate

On the third episode of American Horror Story: Freak Show, Jessica Lange did a cover of Gods and Monsters, and I gotta say... It's pretty amazing.

Old 27th October 2014, 09:40 PM
SURREAL Initiate

True, although she can't get that sorrow-sexy-orgasmic vibe like Lana does.
Old 27th October 2014, 10:46 PM
Secret Initiate

Good cover. I feel like Lana Del Rey's music could easily be incorporated into the entire American Horror Story series lol idk why I think that but it just seems like it could work.

I've been listening to Ultraviolence a bit more lately. The title song is one of my favorite tracks. Old Money is still good, as well.
Old 31st October 2014, 04:46 PM
CAROLS Initiate

This is amazing!

Old 10th November 2014, 02:44 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Ah I really hoped Lana could win this year EMA. And why did she only get one nomination!? WTH!
Closed Thread