The Land of Gods and Monsters: Lana Del Rey's 2nd thread - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th June 2014, 12:08 PM
too late Initiate

I like the songs but I feel like they're missing something. I don't know. I like the sound, but they don't really do anything for me. It's hard to explain... basically, I don't feel any connection to the songs.

Old 6th June 2014, 01:32 PM
End of the World Initiate

^Me too I only like the musis of West Coast but I hope the rest of the album will be other better sounds.

I was preorder the CD album deluxe with T-shirt bundle
Old 7th June 2014, 09:19 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I'm curious to know what the next promotional single will be. These songs sound great, but not radio friendly. Or at least not Top 20 stuff. I suppose she doesn't really need to go in that direction though haha.
According to her facebook, the song BROOKLYN BABY will be released tomorrow.

Eventhough I do like the three (four when including the bonus track Black Beauty) new songs from Ultraviolence, it was not easy to get into them. Diehard fans are most likely to order/buy the album anyway, but I do not expect Ultraviolence sell as great as Born To Die.
Old 7th June 2014, 08:05 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

NEVERMIND! I found the full audio of BROOKLYN BABY. I take back what I was saying about 'hard to get into the songs'. This song is amazing

Barrie James O'Neill, her boyfriend and known from the unreleased duet Summer Wine is featured in this song.

BROOKLYN BABY

Last edited by xLuna&1LOVE; 7th June 2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 8th June 2014, 06:06 AM
Far away Initiate

Brooklyn Baby is just

I. CAN'T. WAIT. FOR. THIS. ALBUM. URGH.

♥♥
Underneath the blue sky&your dazzling smile
--
倖田來未
Old 11th June 2014, 06:59 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

just listened to the leaks, Ultraviolence is an amazing album <3

MAA thread
Old 13th June 2014, 05:31 AM
Far away Initiate

Lana's new album has leaked online, just incase y'all wanna listen ahead. I couldn't wait so I downloaded it, but make sure to try to support her by buying it as well!

♥♥
Underneath the blue sky&your dazzling smile
--
倖田來未
Old 14th June 2014, 06:48 AM
still alone Initiate

downloaded the full album, obviously going to buy it, but HOLY HOLY COW
IS THIS PERFECTION it's such an amazing album i can't even like... Lana <3 thank you

set made my me

Old 14th June 2014, 10:03 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

^ I am dying to hear the full album, but I will receive my copy on monday.
And I think I must wait because I have surgery next week, so Ultraviolence is most likely to become my soothing music. But seriously: I am even more excited. Any favourites already?
Old 15th June 2014, 03:41 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post
^ I am dying to hear the full album, but I will receive my copy on monday.
And I think I must wait because I have surgery next week, so Ultraviolence is most likely to become my soothing music. But seriously: I am even more excited. Any favourites already?
Old Money, it made me cry my eyes out, its literally one of the most painful, sobering, and haunting songs lana has ever written I can't even listen to it a lot because i might fall into a depression.

Is this happiness from the itunes bonus track is beautiful
LOOVE "Money power glory"

set made my me

Old 16th June 2014, 08:55 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

^ Listening to the album right now! Old Money is also one of my new favourites. It does remind me of the Romeo and Juliet Theme somehow. Anyway the album is nice, especially for a meltdown or something. But it is really soothing

Last edited by xLuna&1LOVE; 16th June 2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 16th June 2014, 09:50 PM
Secret Initiate

Ugh y'all making me jealous... I can't get my copy till tomorrow
Old 16th June 2014, 10:39 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

WW sales: @LanaDelRey, Born To Die 12,000 (4,690,000 total).
Old 17th June 2014, 08:52 AM
SURREAL Initiate

I like the album so far, with all those EDM music rule the world music industry, this album brings a refreshment for my body and soul.
West Coast is still my favorite. Then Shades of Cool, Cruel World (Love the electric guitars session), Brooklyn Girl is cute and a bit whimsical in a good way, Money Power Glory (I thought its gonna be a second episode of National Anthem), Florida Kilos. Still trying to get used with the others.
What I don't get with this album is why she choose to be minimalist with the music? Different from her previous album with a touch of RnB and others. Basically what I heard most is just electric guitars and drum. And mostly they played those instruments really soulful. Is she trying to convince some people that she really can sing? Since there are assumption that a singer who can't sing polished by great music in the song they sing.
Old 17th June 2014, 07:29 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Gave the album a listen. It didn't really leave an impression on me as I had imagined.
Cruel World is probably my favourite track. I think a 6.5/10 is a good score, factoring in the tripe lyrics but nice production.
Old 18th June 2014, 04:52 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
^ Listening to the album right now! Old Money is also one of my new favourites. It does remind me of the Romeo and Juliet Theme somehow. Anyway the album is nice, especially for a meltdown or something. But it is really soothing
I'm pretty sure it actually does sample the theme song of romeo and juliet because the intro is identical in every sense of the way XD, some review mentioned it

set made my me

Old 18th June 2014, 09:17 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

^ I have looked it up and most reviews/information blogs comfirm it is inspired on the Love Theme/ "What is A Youth?" of Romeo and Juliet (1968) Yay, we were right!
One site also said the theme is used as reference to Young and Beautiful.

And this is not a coincidence, because What is A Youth? is a sad love song about beauty/youth fading away eventually (probably why young people rush through when it comes to love) Correct me when I am very wrong
Both Lana's songs share the same philosophy. I love how she is using literature, poems and plays as metafors. Little smart-ass girl.

SHADES OF COOL video is out!

I don't want to complain because I am loving Ultraviolence so much. Even though it was already heard in the lyrics, I am not sure how I should feel by this... I could handle the bikers in Ride but this... I don't know. I need a minute. The video is nice, though.

Last edited by xLuna&1LOVE; 18th June 2014 at 01:33 PM. Reason: lol "mountain bikers"
Old 18th June 2014, 10:42 AM
Secret Initiate

I didn't really enjoy the album all that much tbh. All the tracks before "Sad Girl" are so goddamn boring. But then from Sad Girl onward, I can digest the material a little better. My suspicions were right when I listened to all the pre-released songs; the album is too slow, somber, and psychedelic for me. I prefer her Born to Die/Paradise eras. Maybe I shouldn't have listened to Ultraviolence with the mindset that it could be Born to Die version 2.0? idk. I'm disappointed though.
Old 18th June 2014, 12:32 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
SHADES OF COOL video is out!

I don't want to complain because I am loving Ultraviolence so much. Even though it was already heard in the lyrics, I am not sure how I should feel by this... I could handle the mountain bikers in Ride but this... I don't know. I need a minute. The video is nice, though.
I think these videos are hard for people who aren't like, used to living in that lifestyle...but to me, it's so refreshing that she just understands it so well.

The idea of beauty, and freedom, and these men that seek out these things and who they are, but also the thoughts and feelings of the girls whose lives are all about being in this moment, and understanding that like she says, she can't really break through into their actual realities.

It's refreshing because no one else talks about these things, and she just nails it with such passion. I love how happy and smiling she is in this one.

I need to go listen to the album, but I don't really care to listen to her songs that much. I prefer her videos.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 18th June 2014, 01:15 PM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refix View Post
I like the album so far, with all those EDM music rule the world music industry, this album brings a refreshment for my body and soul.
West Coast is still my favorite. Then Shades of Cool, Cruel World (Love the electric guitars session), Brooklyn Girl is cute and a bit whimsical in a good way, Money Power Glory (I thought its gonna be a second episode of National Anthem), Florida Kilos. Still trying to get used with the others.
What I don't get with this album is why she choose to be minimalist with the music? Different from her previous album with a touch of RnB and others. Basically what I heard most is just electric guitars and drum. And mostly they played those instruments really soulful. Is she trying to convince some people that she really can sing? Since there are assumption that a singer who can't sing polished by great music in the song they sing.
EDM doesn't rule anything anymore lol.

The album is amazing though.
Closed Thread