BUDDHA2 theme song 'Pray' composed by Kunio Tago, track to be released in Spring - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 21st October 2013, 05:35 AM
rainy day Initiate

Can everyone just like, get over SCAR? Lol. It's not that good. I feel like if she released something similar today it'd be labeled as filler. The song isn't bad, but the arrangement was rather lackluster. Fits well in that album though.
Old 21st October 2013, 05:57 AM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
LOVE again was not in any way, shape, or form anything close to a blunder.
I agree, Party Queen would be the blunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Can everyone just like, get over SCAR? Lol. It's not that good. I feel like if she released something similar today it'd be labeled as filler. The song isn't bad, but the arrangement was rather lackluster. Fits well in that album though.
Scar's arrangement is lackluster? filler? You must be still blinded by your love for Days to see Scar for the beautiful, haunting and tragic song that it is that doesn't need a crazy arrangement to stand apart!

A song for a spiritual movie is her forte! She better not screw this up and release anything related to you & me!
Old 21st October 2013, 06:22 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I agree, Party Queen would be the blunder

Scar's arrangement is lackluster? filler? You must be still blinded by your love for Days to see Scar for the beautiful, haunting and tragic song that it is that doesn't need a crazy arrangement to stand apart!

A song for a spiritual movie is her forte! She better not screw this up and release anything related to you & me!
Chill out, I didn't say it was a bad song. It's just dated sounding. Which isn't bad, but Duty is 1 million times better. The song that is. The arrangement isn't bad, and I might have chosen a rather strong word to express my feelings regarding the arrangement, but hearing the melody in my head, I feel as if the song could be something grandeur had there been an alternate arrangement that helped propel that chorus even further.

And speaking on terms of Party Queen vs. LOVE again: Party Queen had reminds me, which is a total trump card, and therefor owns LOVE again.
Old 21st October 2013, 06:34 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The Bye-bye darling/snowy kiss combi could potentially kick reminds me's butt though. I love the entire album but that section is particularly strong. I love Party Queen as well, but I think as a whole, LOVE again trumps it slightly thanks to the strength of the mini tracks in addition to the album tracks while a select few of Party Queen's tracks, partially because it was 100% new songs, were a little wonky but still good. (That midtempo section in PQ is glorious though)

Last edited by truehappiness; 21st October 2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old 21st October 2013, 07:07 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

I like Party Queen better mostly becauase of the rock section.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 21st October 2013, 01:25 PM
winding road H-Initiate

Quote:
opinions... opinions... SCAR is among my all time favorite Ayu songs, so, yeah, I'm not getting over it any time soon

Out of all songs he did for Ayu, I just don't care so much about SAKURA... And I'm seriously over Days, it's a great song, but I'm tired of it now (I'm one of the few that always preferred GREEN tbh)

I personally think LOVE again is one of her weakest albums (if not the weakest out of her full albums). The songs are good, but the combination of them in the album gets... boring? I'm not so found of it as a whole, but I do like the individual songs quite a lot though.
I love Party Queen, it's way better than LOVE again imo

Last edited by pimenta; 21st October 2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 21st October 2013, 01:39 PM
Dolls Initiate

very excited 'bout this
Old 21st October 2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Thats your personal opinion dear, that doesn't mean we all should think SCAR stinks. I love it, and I don't think the arrangement is lackluster. I don't mind if you don't like it (everyone is entitled to their own opinion) but telling people to "get over SCAR" is unnecessary, makes you look bad and it all reeks of the "I don't like it so I don't want anyone else to like it either!"-attitude.

AegyoPOP ♦ Asian music downloads
Old 21st October 2013, 02:46 PM
GREEN Initiate

oh wow.
isnt those movies and manga a big thing in Japan?
And Ayumi singing the theme. cool
Old 21st October 2013, 03:11 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmeh View Post
Thats your personal opinion dear, that doesn't mean we all should think SCAR stinks. I love it, and I don't think the arrangement is lackluster. I don't mind if you don't like it (everyone is entitled to their own opinion) but telling people to "get over SCAR" is unnecessary, makes you look bad and it all reeks of the "I don't like it so I don't want anyone else to like it either!"-attitude.
Lol I suppose you're right. It's a decent song, I just never understood the passion people have for it. I don't find it particularly unique, so when fans say they'd like to hear something similar, I don't understand what something similar would be.
Old 21st October 2013, 03:26 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenta View Post
Out of all songs he did for Ayu, I just don't care so much about SAKURA... And I'm seriously over Days, it's a great song, but I'm tired of it now (I'm one of the few that always preferred GREEN tbh)
That's my exact opinion about these three songs! Although Days has the advantage of being a nostalgic seasonal song, so it's a must during Winter. But GREEN has always been, like, hundred times better for me!
And I've never been to fond of SAKURA. It's nice, but it's way too easy. I just feel they didn't work at all on the verses, they just focused on the chorus (which is awesome, but a song can't count on the chorus only).

Hello new me...

Old 21st October 2013, 03:59 PM
Trauma Initiate

Really looking forward to it~

lady ayu
Old 21st October 2013, 09:34 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
I hope the song will be just as great as this~
yeah. this song is AMAZING. if it's something like this i'll definitely be in love with it forever <3
Old 21st October 2013, 10:07 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenta View Post
The songs are good, but the combination of them in the album gets... boring? I'm not so found of it as a whole, but I do like the individual songs quite a lot though.
I love Party Queen, it's way better than LOVE again imo
I feel like LOVE again sort of shares that 'issue' with MY STORY with a lot less Yukumi in the album.
Old 21st October 2013, 10:33 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
yeah. this song is AMAZING. if it's something like this i'll definitely be in love with it forever <3
LOL NO. as much as I love SAKURA, i hope it does not have this random song feeling actually as much as that song reminds me of SAKURA, SAKURA is still 100 times better. so i hope not....

I never really understood the obsession with scar, maybe because it just sounds bland to me, it's not bad but, i just don't see as something amazing either. I'd rather take Will or theme of a-nation.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 21st October 2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 21st October 2013, 11:12 PM

^ For me, in addition to the amazing soothing feeling of the song, it just feels very, VERY personal. The entire Duty album was very personal, but there's something about SCAR where Ayu sounds so sincere and emotional. It's hard to explain, but for me at least, SCAR is so much more than just the song itself.

But I can understand that people find it boring, it isn't full of excitement like a lot of her other songs.

AegyoPOP ♦ Asian music downloads
Old 21st October 2013, 11:37 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

My 'love' for SCAR faded away when petal came. I think these songs are similair to each other; arrangement, emotion whatever. Because of my dislike to petal I couldn't listen to SCAR anymore. It's such a shame.

But, on the other hand. Key and Together When... are amazing. Eventhough I am not fond of all Kunio Tago's songs, I bet Pray is going to be a pretty song! I cannot wait.
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:06 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Honestly, I think a lot of the LOVE again tracks will eventually grow on people. I mean people warmed up to Party Queen fairly recently, so I am guessing with a relisten later on down the line, LOVE again will get love too. It's happened so far with like every Ayu album ever.
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:12 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Honestly, I think a lot of the LOVE again tracks will eventually grow on people. I mean people warmed up to Party Queen fairly recently, so I am guessing with a relisten later on down the line, LOVE again will get love too. It's happened so far with like every Ayu album ever.
People are even praising Five...

In some years people will be all like "Aw! This album sucks, bitch should release something like Party queen instead of this crap"

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 22nd October 2013, 12:12 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
I feel like LOVE again sort of shares that 'issue' with MY STORY with a lot less Yukumi in the album.
But I love MY STORY and find LOVE again boring. I think because the less in-your-face songs on MY STORY over time became nostalgic and that's why I'm drawn to them now. They represent an era. But what MY STORY's strong tracks are ridiculously strong, compared to LOVE agains supposed strong tracks. I only feel like Wake me up and Missing really reached their full potential out of the songs on that album. Gloria was nice as well. Bye bye darling is way to repetitive and dull for my tastes. The chorus is like the same few bars in repeat.

Last edited by Zeke.; 22nd October 2013 at 12:18 AM.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, buddha2, kunio tago, pray