AHS Forum Status - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 3rd October 2021, 05:46 AM
Curtain call Initiate

We have one more year! That’s great news but I do hope that is here to stay for good ❤️
Old 3rd October 2021, 08:08 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Really great news to hear amidst the separate but unrelated AHS and JPopsuki issues ongoing at the same time. But I think we need a new AHS, one that is ready for the future (possibly including HTTPS support as well).

Is a newer version of vBulletin - or change to another forum software - in the works?
Old 3rd October 2021, 10:37 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post
Hello everyone - apparently today the domain has been renewed until September 28th, 2022. The active mod team still do not have access to the domain payment, so it was luck when I looked it up that I can now see a precise date and renewal period.

This is obviously great news for not suddenly having a gaping hole in the internet where this forum used to be, but the issue still lies that the active team do not have access to pay for the domain, and then there is the bigger issue of not knowing who even pays for our server database... When I asked the sysop about that he didn't even know himself, so that's... a mystery that lurks in the back of my mind every day, I'm not going to lie

So, we're still going ahead and hoping to rebuild a second copy of AHS with the help of DavidChaiLatte, but that means we have more time to figure out how that will go. Progress has been really promising and I hope we can give more updates on that as they come.

I am genuinely sorry for the stress I know this has caused a few of you who have strong attachment to the forum and its history, and I promise if I could have avoided it, I would have. Thank you all for being so responsive about my updates and I still urge anyone reading this to join the discord/follow the twitter account if you want to stay informed of anything in the future if the forum goes down.
Awesome news, thanks for the update! Made my week, honestly.
Old 3rd October 2021, 04:00 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Is a newer version of vBulletin - or change to another forum software - in the works?
Yes - if DavidChaiLatte continues to have the time to help the moderation team, that's the plan. It's an incredibly time-consuming project but his efforts are really appreciated.
Old 4th October 2021, 07:20 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Such great news!

It at least gives the people involved more time to create a new AHS.
It’s unfortunate that we’d have to abandon this one, but the yearly uncertainty is rather frustrating… the person paying has absolutely zero interest in communication, which is very weird lol.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 4th October 2021, 08:02 AM
Depend on you Initiate

ONE MORE YEAR YEAHH, Muchas gracias
Old 4th October 2021, 02:00 PM
MY STORY Initiate

I'm happy that AHS will be up and running for another year. I was already getting mentally ready for this place to be gone forever as well so the news about the renewal are a pleasant surprise.

I will, of course, join AHS 2.0. when it's finished, too. Hopefully the link will be posted here too though and not exclusively on Discord because I don’t use that. I'm happy enough with Twitter and Facebook personally.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 4th October 2021, 02:50 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minttulatte View Post
I will, of course, join AHS 2.0. when it's finished, too. Hopefully the link will be posted here too though and not exclusively on Discord because I don’t use that. I'm happy enough with Twitter and Facebook personally.
We'll definitely be posting more about it here and on twitter when there is more information. While the discord community is fantastic, AHS is much more than just that group too
Old 6th October 2021, 08:31 PM
GAME Initiate

Thanks a lot!! =))
Old 8th October 2021, 01:37 PM
Initiate

What a great news <3
Old 20th October 2021, 01:45 AM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

Hopefully AHS will stay for good. Been here since 2009, when i was still in high school
Thank you all AHS admins for all the hardwork <3
Old 20th October 2021, 02:32 AM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post
Hello everyone - apparently today the domain has been renewed until September 28th, 2022. The active mod team still do not have access to the domain payment, so it was luck when I looked it up that I can now see a precise date and renewal period.

This is obviously great news for not suddenly having a gaping hole in the internet where this forum used to be, but the issue still lies that the active team do not have access to pay for the domain, and then there is the bigger issue of not knowing who even pays for our server database... When I asked the sysop about that he didn't even know himself, so that's... a mystery that lurks in the back of my mind every day, I'm not going to lie

So, we're still going ahead and hoping to rebuild a second copy of AHS with the help of DavidChaiLatte, but that means we have more time to figure out how that will go. Progress has been really promising and I hope we can give more updates on that as they come.

I am genuinely sorry for the stress I know this has caused a few of you who have strong attachment to the forum and its history, and I promise if I could have avoided it, I would have. Thank you all for being so responsive about my updates and I still urge anyone reading this to join the discord/follow the twitter account if you want to stay informed of anything in the future if the forum goes down.
Yay!! Such great news!!

I remember how AYUNITE! disappeared and it was very very sad because I felt like I spent forever there, I was a teenager and time felt different. I was like 12 when I joined it and then it disappeared when I was 18. I remember I didn't like AHS that much when I joined it (sorry!) because I was really attached to AYUNITE! And now it's been 10 years since I joined the forum. I even met some forum members on ayu's concerts. aww precious memories I hope it stays active forever! or at least for extra 10 years.

Thank you for all your efforts, guys!! We really appreciate it

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto

Last edited by YUKARI; 20th October 2021 at 02:37 AM.
Old 23rd October 2021, 06:05 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Really great news to hear amidst the separate but unrelated AHS and JPopsuki issues ongoing at the same time. But I think we need a new AHS, one that is ready for the future (possibly including HTTPS support as well).
I just noticed that I can't enter JPOPsuki anymore D:

Edit: It's working again ^O^

Last edited by channy; 28th October 2021 at 03:11 AM.
Old 29th October 2021, 03:59 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Yukari, Ayunite was my go-to as well!!

Eventually I found no “original” news (meaning, it was all credited to people on AHS) was being posted there, so I just found myself migrating here haha. But I remember liking the smaller community aspect that it had. AHS was extremely active at the time and I felt a little lost at the beginning.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 29th October 2021, 11:19 AM
Depend on you Initiate

That's such great news! can't wait to see what the new forum will look like, I love AHS s much!
Old 14th November 2021, 07:13 PM
Voyage Initiate

@Koumori thank you so much for your efforts!
Everyone still loves AHS, even tho we aren't all as active as we used to be back in the day... guess it's normal as we all got older and have to work and/or have started families

I know that Zef probably has a lot on his plate, as I know that he got married to one of the members and has started a family of his own. Shame that the two fo them aren't on FB anymore so we can't contact them directly to deal with everything here.
I know that both of them really loved this forum so I hope that they won't let it all go away!
Old 15th November 2021, 10:09 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Yukari, Ayunite was my go-to as well!!

Eventually I found no “original” news (meaning, it was all credited to people on AHS) was being posted there, so I just found myself migrating here haha. But I remember liking the smaller community aspect that it had. AHS was extremely active at the time and I felt a little lost at the beginning.
well hello there fellow ex-AYUNITER!

was your nickname the same there?

I've just checked the web archives of AYUNITE! and found a lot of familiar nicknames

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto