Ayu is now on Spotify - Page 16 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th July 2018, 06:36 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
The little synthy sound at the beginning of the demo is one of my favorite sounds lol.

I love when songs use that sound. I don't know what to call it, but it used to be in a lot of J-POP songs.
I also love that sound. It was the thing that stood out to me lol

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 4th July 2018, 07:21 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigochild View Post
This HAS to have been done intentionally, right? The fact that it's charting, people are talking about it, news outlet are reporting it. There's just no way her, her team and the record label are oblivious to it all. Like if this was a mistake, they would've pulled it out asap as soon as news broke.
I think the thing is that it LOOKS like a mistake. People are talking about it because it looks sort of strange when you line it up with everything else. And as far as news goes, I don't really know if they are reporting on it that much. If anything since it came out, only one place has really mentioned it from what I've seen, with most other news articles in the last few days focusing on her Instagram posts being sexy (positively and negatively).

http://dailynewsonline.jp/article/1474461/

This is the only article which kinda just regurgitates things found online. They also update nearly every time she puts something up on IG. I wonder if any other articles are being suppressed since this is sort of a really bizarre happening.

Last edited by truehappiness; 4th July 2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 4th July 2018, 08:29 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I believe this whole thing only shows how Ayu is already wrong no matter what she does to a part of the fandom.

Some people just made their mind up about her being this lazy, unprofessional, careless has been and it doesn't really matter what she is actually doing.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 4th July 2018, 09:20 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ Not at all, I've been standing by her side as a fan since I became one years ago and praised her work countless times when people complained. This situation is simply very new so it can't be compared to anything from the past and all I do is express my disapproval of such practices. Instead of releasing some really good music and promote it we get well...this.

People talk and will talk, true. But I don't think it's gonna be anything of relevant scale but will remain in the memory of fans and others. Fans in the majority will be happy but at the same time, it's an amazing fuel to those who say how irrelevant she is. I am already imagining some people going "So since she can't sing anymore she will release karaoke tracks". This is a lousy promotion that can cause more harm than good stuff - in my opinion.

I think it can be a nice song, one of those summer/album fillers but just serve it properly.
Old 4th July 2018, 09:58 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

tbh this all looks like a mistake and when they realised it they were ''well let's see where this goes''

but yeah ahs has to do a drama over it rofl

If this was followed by something else, like removing something else, a new mysterious instagram or twitter account, something to give the idea of a whole project, I'd like it. But like this it looks like a mistake (being intentional or not it *looks like* a mistake to me), and by that I totally agree with maxikot.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Last edited by Gustavopc; 4th July 2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old 4th July 2018, 10:03 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

For a track to be accidentally uploaded on streaming services and a playlist it would have to be the a hell of an accident, because it's something that take several steps to happen. They would also have to cut out the final chorus by accident.

You have this person who picks up a music file that isn't named as a finished track, upload it, give it a cover, keep the file's unfinished track name after uploading it and after all that picks the same unnamed file and put it on a playlist that already existed. And even if the person has done all that, they never notice anything unnusual about it.

Seens very likely.

At least had the track a proper title it would be kinda dubious.

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 4th July 2018 at 10:12 PM.
Old 4th July 2018, 10:14 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I know stuff don't get there easily, that's why I said it "looks like" three times on my post

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 4th July 2018, 10:23 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
it's an amazing fuel to those who say how irrelevant she is. I am already imagining some people going "So since she can't sing anymore she will release karaoke tracks". This is a lousy promotion that can cause more harm than good stuff - in my opinion.
I don't think this is something to worru about.
If she does everything the safest way people say she is over because she can't reinvent herself. Like A One.

If she does something different, people say she is a try-hard, and so, over. Like Party Queen.

If she does what's current and closely follows trends, people say she is desperate, and over. Like Colours.

We shouldn't expect her to try pleasing people who will look up for reasons to diss her. Namie is on the top of the world and her haters are still hating.

Old 4th July 2018, 10:26 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I don't think this is "Ayu" being lazy or anything but the way that this sort of this comes across is a little weird. Looking at her discography now there is this weird studio-session title that doesn't fit with things like MOON, blossom, RAINBOW, then this AX_WAT_615 title. The lack of comment is also concerning. Given that 'official' news sources like Oricon or the usual suspects that cover whenever Ayu does anything not counting social media posts haven't really mentioned anything about it, I think this is gonna just get ignored by her and the team till they put out whatever the more final version is.

Last edited by truehappiness; 4th July 2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 5th July 2018, 04:28 AM
æternal Initiate

Ofcourse Ayu has betrayed her fans by accidentally releasing this lazy demo track online. Jeeezuz. lol Just enjoy it. Its not everyday we get demos first before the real thing. And don't mind her haters, they have their own point of view and we have ours.

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 5th July 2018, 05:07 AM
Don't look back Initiate

are we really talking about how it is TITLED??

ITS A DEMO. ITS A DEMO WITH NO LYRICS. IT IS JUST THE UNPOLISHED INSTRUMENTAL.

This isn't even an official track/interlude for her discography. An official song is going to be released LATER. Isn't this what a "Teaser" is known for? Why should there be a title when the lyrics arnt even part of it yet? It's there, and placed right after SEASONS for a reason. Because imagine listening through the playlist and this unpolished unfamiliar tune pops up, you are BOUND to listen through it and maybe even a few more times because its so bizarre and sudden. AND THATS THE WHOLE POINT. The final chorus being cut generates even more "omg what..wait...u cant do that...i need completion" feels and thats supposed to be the point. You'd think they "accidentally" uploaded a demo with a beautiful cut part right when the final chorus is cutting in? Yea right.

Fair enough that mainstream media aint talking about it. Ayu doesnt seem to be known for her MUSIC anymore. People talk about her, her life, her personality, her divaness (whatever), she is seen more like a celebrity figure than an artiste. But again thats also because she has been so open about her life, lovelife for a while now, instead of actually promoting her music.
Old 5th July 2018, 05:18 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

We've had plenty of teasers before, but usually they're snippets of the final track or near-final track with vocals. A recent example is probably the melody of Sayonara being shown off for a short bit, or the "Yes, we are the queens" from a-nation a while ago.

This is not the same kind of thing at all.

It looks like some Japanese fans were curious and wondered what it was when it first popped up with the name "Spotify" in their tweet and Spotify support replied after seeing how strange it looked, lol. "Does it display like that for you still? Please let us know your specs!"

https://twitter.com/A_world_ayu/stat...72840476442625

Last edited by truehappiness; 5th July 2018 at 05:34 AM.
Old 5th July 2018, 06:03 AM
Daybreak Guardian

Regardless of the release being intentional or not, the whole thing looks extremely sloppy. I do enjoy this instrumental, though, so as a fan I'm very excited for the full song. However, I sure could have waited until they released it in a more... "traditional" way.

Last edited by oaristos; 5th July 2018 at 06:06 AM.
Old 5th July 2018, 07:04 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post

It looks like some Japanese fans were curious and wondered what it was when it first popped up with the name "Spotify" in their tweet and Spotify support replied after seeing how strange it looked, lol. "Does it display like that for you still? Please let us know your specs!"

https://twitter.com/A_world_ayu/stat...72840476442625
Totally offtopic, but I am glad to see that Pieces_of_SEVEN is still a fan. I miss him around on AHS. He was so fanatic about Ayu with his mindblowing collection.

Old 5th July 2018, 08:38 AM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I don't think this is something to worru about.
If she does everything the safest way people say she is over because she can't reinvent herself. Like A One.

If she does something different, people say she is a try-hard, and so, over. Like Party Queen.

If she does what's current and closely follows trends, people say she is desperate, and over. Like Colours.

We shouldn't expect her to try pleasing people who will look up for reasons to diss her. Namie is on the top of the world and her haters are still hating.
+1. People who jump on every little details in her career to say she is irrelevant are mainly haters nowadays and the essence of haters is to hate everything that the artist does. Ordinary people or casual listeners won't have a view about the release of demo, they might just be curious about its title but they won't dis her surely. Only person who cares (positively or negatively) would say something about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
are we really talking about how it is TITLED??

ITS A DEMO. ITS A DEMO WITH NO LYRICS. IT IS JUST THE UNPOLISHED INSTRUMENTAL.

This isn't even an official track/interlude for her discography. An official song is going to be released LATER. Isn't this what a "Teaser" is known for? Why should there be a title when the lyrics arnt even part of it yet? It's there, and placed right after SEASONS for a reason. Because imagine listening through the playlist and this unpolished unfamiliar tune pops up, you are BOUND to listen through it and maybe even a few more times because its so bizarre and sudden. AND THATS THE WHOLE POINT. The final chorus being cut generates even more "omg what..wait...u cant do that...i need completion" feels and thats supposed to be the point. You'd think they "accidentally" uploaded a demo with a beautiful cut part right when the final chorus is cutting in? Yea right.
+1. The release of that demo is a part of her promotion for the new album. She is teasing us with it since day 1 when she said that a new album was in preparation. Since May we got regularly an update about it: photos of the recording (even if it shows more her outfits than Ayu behind the microphone XD), the humming videos with Timmy, the composers and arrangers she is working with, the photoshoot, etc. and now the demo. She keeps the hype going by saying things without saying too much explanation to make us impatient about the album. And it works well because even people who said it’s a mess complete by saying they want the finished song actually.
Old 5th July 2018, 08:44 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Regardless of what the title was, the song still sounds pretty good. The content stands on its own but the delivery is what makes people question it.
Old 5th July 2018, 08:50 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaristos View Post
Regardless of the release being intentional or not, the whole thing looks extremely sloppy. I do enjoy this instrumental, though, so as a fan I'm very excited for the full song. However, I sure could have waited until they released it in a more... "traditional" way.
My thoughts too. But whatever, it's not like anyone is really paying attention outside of her hardcore fanbase and a few small outlets.
Old 5th July 2018, 11:51 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
When she released MIJ people complained they didn’t wanna be surprised and that they would have much preferred her releasing singles first and anticipate the album. There is no way to make everyone happy I guess. I listened to the demo once...it’s your decision to have it on repeat

At least they are trying something new out.
absolutely agreed! im glad she released something at all because i was worried of us not getting music at all because of her health problems...
Old 6th July 2018, 12:09 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainity View Post
absolutely agreed! im glad she released something at all because i was worried of us not getting music at all because of her health problems...
Also it’s nice to see more ayu fans from Serbia on AHS!

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 6th July 2018, 04:02 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Promotional mess or not, let's be factual. Spotify: Currently 3,070 plays (200k monthly listeners); Awa: 5,616, added to favourites by 163 people (out of 76k subscribers). Somebody mentioned it was occupying number 6 in terms of popularity on this platform. Honestly, the only thing it proves then how weak awa is. Also, as somebody else mentioned, barely any media noticed it (1 portal?), only users who subscribe saw that something weird appeared but those numbers clearly show that even they didn't show much interest.

Let me add one thing. I am trying to provide a constructive criticism of the "promo" I don't like. Even if it's an accident or not, neither one of these options forbids anyone from enjoying it. Like I said, I think I would enjoy it if I got a proper release of the song.

Last edited by maxikot; 6th July 2018 at 06:19 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
spotify