LIMITED TA Special Xmas LIVE 2020 - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 23rd December 2020, 07:54 AM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

so excited! even that means I need to wake up in the middle of the night! I will definitely join

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 23rd December 2020, 08:33 AM
opening Run Initiate

I have only one hour difference with Japan, so the time is perfect for me.
Old 23rd December 2020, 10:59 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
Just ran a test of this and can confirm it does in fact work as long as what you are trying to stream/record is currently live-streaming. You don't even have to do the manual recording step. You can just append -o filename if you want it to download or -r filename if you want to watch it in vlc and download simultaneously, so it would look like this for example in terminal:
(paste into the terminal without quotes) "streamlink <stream URL> best -o HamasakiAyumiXmasLive2020"

I didn't give it a file extension until after I stopped the recording. Both .ts and .mp4 worked as file extensions to play the files, but I feel like .ts was better quality (probably not actually though, they're probably exactly the same.) I tried it on a Mac in terminal.
Sounds good, so I don´t need to cry if the stream doesn´t work while driving xD

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 23rd December 2020, 12:58 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

The show will push 30 mins late. And there’s not archive function. So anyone can record it on time.
Old 23rd December 2020, 01:23 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Well, than it's better if few people will try to record it

Last edited by Aderianu; 23rd December 2020 at 01:28 PM.
Old 23rd December 2020, 05:27 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Just ran a test of this and can confirm it does in fact work as long as what you are trying to stream/record is currently live-streaming. You don't even have to do the manual recording step. You can just append -o filename if you want it to download or -r filename if you want to watch it in vlc and download simultaneously, so it would look like this for example in terminal:
(paste into the terminal without quotes) "streamlink <stream URL> best -o HamasakiAyumiXmasLive2020"

I didn't give it a file extension until after I stopped the recording. Both .ts and .mp4 worked as file extensions to play the files, but I feel like .ts was better quality (probably not actually though, they're probably exactly the same.) I tried it on a Mac in terminal.
This sounds promising but on streamlink website I found information that protected videos on youtube are not supported. I checked in VLC recording and it records streams well but it failed with streams from official channels so I am wondering if it will work. I definitely hope for it ^^

Last edited by maxikot; 23rd December 2020 at 05:30 PM.
Old 23rd December 2020, 08:43 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
This sounds promising but on streamlink website I found information that protected videos on youtube are not supported. I checked in VLC recording and it records streams well but it failed with streams from official channels so I am wondering if it will work. I definitely hope for it ^^
Oh wow. Didn’t even know there was such a thing as protected stream...ah well. With the time changed to 19.30 I probably won’t be able to see the whole stream anyway. I’m not really good with code, so I have no idea how to solve for it or if such a patch exists. It’s interesting though, because streamlink can work for other protected streams like Crunchyroll, unless those streams are not protected?
I’ll try to test if I can find a protected stream to test with, otherwise we need a new plan.
Old 23rd December 2020, 09:15 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
I’ll try to test if I can find a protected stream to test with, otherwise we need a new plan.
I checked this one (power rangers official) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoVcobJTZXk and I didn't use streamlink and it's connection to VLC. I just used VLC and its ability to record streams. So me being unable to record referred to such operation.
Old 23rd December 2020, 09:21 PM
Initiate

^ ah, missed that in your post...was trying to read quickly
Old 23rd December 2020, 09:31 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Screen recording would go arround all that protection though, you just have to record it in a quiet room and shut the door xD

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 23rd December 2020, 10:20 PM
Initiate

^ yes. I just asked someone who is more knowledgeable at this stuff than me and they said screen recording is the only sure way to do it. Seems there’s a way to route the audio out from YouTube straight into the recorder app so it bypasses the microphone
https://blogs.reed.edu/ed-tech/recor...en-with-audio/

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
I checked this one (power rangers official) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoVcobJTZXk and I didn't use streamlink and it's connection to VLC. I just used VLC and its ability to record streams. So me being unable to record referred to such operation.
I was able to use streamlink to record from the link you sent, this is the exact code that I used in terminal.
"streamlink https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoVcobJTZXk best -o powerrangerstest.ts"

Last edited by AJFmzk; 24th December 2020 at 12:14 AM.
Old 24th December 2020, 01:22 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Just gotta do some tests!
Old 24th December 2020, 03:58 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
I was able to use streamlink to record from the link you sent, this is the exact code that I used in terminal.
"streamlink https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoVcobJTZXk best -o powerrangerstest.ts"
By recording you mean downloading the data without re-encoding?
Old 24th December 2020, 04:16 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
By recording you mean downloading the data without re-encoding?
I think so. When I ran the script with the link maxikot posted (I only ran it for a minute at a time, since I was just testing things out) and when I exited the terminal app, I had a video file (specifically .ts as specified in the code) no additional processing or anything. It actually has a little counter that starts that shows how many minutes/megabyes have been downloaded. I don't have a Windows system so I couldn't test it on windows, but it worked for me on Mac. I have vlc 3.0.8 and I'm using the latest build of streamlink. If you have vlc and use streamlink you should be able to use the same code (without the quotes) that I posted in my previous post, all you have to change are the youtube link and the name you want to give to the file. I was able to playback the video file in vlc after downloading the small segment off the livestream and the quality was good in 1080p hd.

It's possible this method won't end up working, but so far all my tests have worked. Either way, the time difference is a bad time for me so even after all this I don't know if I'll even be able to see much of the stream anyway.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 24th December 2020 at 05:54 AM.
Old 24th December 2020, 05:50 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

We will also be livechatting tonight in Discord as usual! Will be fun as always!!

http://ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125038
Old 24th December 2020, 05:53 AM
glitter Initiate

Excited about this!!!! Can't wait hehe

I wanna know if there's a thread with ayu's christmas photos?? I wanna upload them to last.fm haha
Old 24th December 2020, 05:57 AM
too late Initiate

I'm really excited, it will be the first time I'll "attend" an Ayu concert in real time!

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 24th December 2020, 09:28 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Really hope someone is able to record it, I’ll be working
Old 24th December 2020, 09:39 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

The Windows 10 game bar screen recording thing seems to work on a few streams that I tested. I'm willing to give it a shot at recording but capturing the stream seems a bit out of my league lol

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 24th December 2020, 09:48 AM
opening Run Initiate

I downloaded a portable version of streamlink and when I try to run it it just closes with "Unrecognized argument --no-version-check" error.
Edit: got it working after installing a regular version, but I don't know where the file is being saved to.
Edit2: Ok, found it, it was in C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
What do I press to stop the recording? I had to turn off my Internet in order for it to stop.
Quote:
Thank you! Worked for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Use streamlink, type in on command prompt (without quotes) "streamlink <stream URL> --best" and you can stream on VLC. Then hit record on VLC and it should be recorded to a hard drive of your choice (to set recording directory, go to Settings -> (Simple) Input / Codecs -> Files -> Record directory or filename).

https://streamlink.github.io/
Thank you for your advice! Now I will know how to capture YouTube's live streams.

Last edited by Chris85; 24th December 2020 at 11:03 AM.

Tags
limited ta live 2020, special showcase, special xmas live, teamayu, xmas eve 2020