Cancelled: CDL 2020-2021 A ~MUSIC for LIFE~ - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 17th December 2020, 02:01 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I wish it could take place just as planned but I guess that's not gonna happen... I'd prefer them to do it a day earlier than on NYE without an audience if it means that Ayu and TA get to see each other again.
The broadcast/stream shouldn't be affected by this though, right? They can just adjust to it.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 17th December 2020 at 02:04 PM.
Old 17th December 2020, 03:05 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
I'd prefer them to do it a day earlier than on NYE without an audience if it means that Ayu and TA get to see each other again.
There's a reason they're shutting down public transport on the 31st in the first place... the covid situation in Japan right now isn't good. I'm hoping Ayu and her team take that into consideration when deciding what to do next. She'll be able to see TA next year when things are safe, plus I doubt she's going to cancel the Xmas Live.
Old 17th December 2020, 03:52 PM
I am... Initiate

I'm more annoyed at the government's response, they've handled this poorly since the beginning but this is the cherry on top.

They put these restrictions 2 weeks prior? When they should have done this a month ago?
The same with Go To Travel, they just suspended it this week for the New Year period when it shouldn't have been a thing in the first place? Jokes.

Anyway sorry I had to vent. Since the reason about the possible cancellation is because they aren't going to run trains all night, I agree with having the concert at an earlier time is better than outright cancelling.
Old 17th December 2020, 03:53 PM
July 1st Initiate

oh man. I worried something like this might happen when I saw the announcement about these live concerts
Old 17th December 2020, 05:48 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post

There's a reason they're shutting down public transport on the 31st in the first place... the covid situation in Japan right now isn't good. I'm hoping Ayu and her team take that into consideration when deciding what to do next. She'll be able to see TA next year when things are safe, plus I doubt she's going to cancel the Xmas Live.
To be honest, I haven't properly checked covid updates regarding Japan recently. To me it sounded more like their government is taking precautions ("which may increase the risk of infection by the new coronavirus"). If things have gotten out of hand, then they should obviously adjust to the situation.

The last time I checked, Kuu's tour (which I was torn on in the beginning) was a success with no infections whatsoever. However, if the country is struggling due to the government's handling of the pandemic, then it only makes sense for things to change.
Of course she can see TA in the future but seeing how things worked for Kuu's shows, I had simply hoped the same would be the case for Ayu. In the end, everybody's health is what matters most. I'd never want anyone to get sick because of a concert.

I'm sure they'll find a solution for this, without having to cancel the concert (be it another show without an audienve or holding it earlier).

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 17th December 2020 at 06:05 PM.
Old 17th December 2020, 05:57 PM
opening Run Initiate

What I bummer. I hope they won't cancel just because of that.
Old 17th December 2020, 07:11 PM
poker face Initiate

I sure hope they can stream it without an audience...I am also not pro to a cancelling.

I haven't checked Japan's situation lately myself, but seeing how things are going and the fact that for CDL she would probably have ~6500 attendees that would still be in the same place for hours, leaving the venue together and so on...I really don't support a concert with audience at this point.

The situation of a country is not 100% based on how many cases there are, but rather on how much they are testing.

It's sad, but safety of people should come first. TA and Ayu can meet again next year.
Old 17th December 2020, 07:17 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I really think that there is not a single person here that wants the concert to happen no matter the cost Obviously, we all put the safety of everybody first. I will be fine with whatever option they come up with.
Old 17th December 2020, 07:30 PM
walking proud Initiate

I would imagine, since they already have streaming set up for it and have obviously already booked the venue, I would bet that they still do the concert, but without an audience.

If it does get canceled completely for some reason, I would hope that they stream the X'Mas live instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
They could also do it one day earlier.
That's assuming they can change the venue booking easily at the last minute.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 17th December 2020 at 07:33 PM.
Old 17th December 2020, 07:34 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
To be honest, I haven't properly checked covid updates regarding Japan recently. To me it sounded more like their government is taking precautions ("which may increase the risk of infection by the new coronavirus"). If things have gotten out of hand, then they should obviously adjust to the situation.

The last time I checked, Kuu's tour (which I was torn on in the beginning) was a success with no infections whatsoever. However, if the country is struggling due to the government's handling of the pandemic, then it only makes sense for things to change.
Of course she can see TA in the future but seeing how things worked for Kuu's shows, I had simply hoped the same would be the case for Ayu. In the end, everybody's health is what matters most. I'd never want anyone to get sick because of a concert.

I'm sure they'll find a solution for this, without having to cancel the concert (be it another show without an audienve or holding it earlier).
There's no way to know if anyone got infect or not during Koda's concert. There's also no way to garantee people won't get infect on their way to the venue or back home.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 17th December 2020, 07:37 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post

That's assuming they can change the venue booking easily at the last minute.
There is no event between christmas and new year, so I think it might be possible.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 17th December 2020, 08:32 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
There's no way to know if anyone got infect or not during Koda's concert. There's also no way to garantee people won't get infect on their way to the venue or back home.
Every two weeks after the concert her team reported if there was a new case from the people who attended the concert. It was mandatory for those who attended to use the COCOA app to report their health situation after the concert, so yeah, there is a way to know and it doesn't seem like avex would joke around that.

https://rhythmzone.net/koda/news/detail.php?id=1086279

I'm not so sure about the state of Japan right now to hold the CDLs (Both Ayu and Kumi are doing in arenas), since the problem is not attending but the transportation. As for the stream, I wouldn't buy the stream ticket until there is a confirmation that is happening.
Old 17th December 2020, 08:39 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
What I bummer. I hope they won't cancel just because of that.
Well, the public transport will be out of service and people won't have options to come back home after the concert. That's a big reason to cancel it. Imagine handling how thousands of people would manage to get back home...

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 17th December 2020, 09:32 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post
Every two weeks after the concert her team reported if there was a new case from the people who attended the concert. It was mandatory for those who attended to use the COCOA app to report their health situation after the concert, so yeah, there is a way to know and it doesn't seem like avex would joke around that.

https://rhythmzone.net/koda/news/detail.php?id=1086279

I'm not so sure about the state of Japan right now to hold the CDLs (Both Ayu and Kumi are doing in arenas), since the problem is not attending but the transportation. As for the stream, I wouldn't buy the stream ticket until there is a confirmation that is happening.
There still could be assymptomatic cases. Even people getting contaminated while going home, after the concert, having no symptom and not getting tested because of that, but still spreading the virus. And even if there wasn't really any covid case, there's no way to garantee that will still be the case in future concerts.

There's no safe way of doing a 100% covid-proof concert with a crowd, even if a small one, on a closed space right now.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 17th December 2020, 10:24 PM
No way to say Initiate

Maybe Ayu can organise a fleet of coaches to transport people back to all major districts in Tokyo for people to walk home.
Old 18th December 2020, 12:55 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
Well, the public transport will be out of service and people won't have options to come back home after the concert. That's a big reason to cancel it. Imagine handling how thousands of people would manage to get back home...
People already suggested that she should reschedule the show a little bit, so it's not a big reason.
As for the safety: imagine how many people are taking crowded trains in Japan on a daily basis.
Old 18th December 2020, 03:21 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
People already suggested that she should reschedule the show a little bit, so it's not a big reason.
As for the safety: imagine how many people are taking crowded trains in Japan on a daily basis.
THIS is my biggest gripe. Every day we’re on packed trains squashed up against the door during peak hours because most companies don’t allow their staff to work from home. It’s all so hypocritical.
Old 18th December 2020, 04:25 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ It definitely is odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Maybe Ayu can organise a fleet of coaches to transport people back to all major districts in Tokyo for people to walk home.
It would still be the same issue. Packed buses v. packed trains.

Rescheduling for a different day seems like it could be difficult because maybe people who bought the ticket for the 31st did so because they can only actually go on the 31st. And even if there isn't anything else booked at the venue, I'm sure there are still fees involved. Rather than rescheduling for a different day, it might be rescheduled for the same day but just to end earlier and then have no countdown - I see that or audienceless streaming most likely.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 18th December 2020 at 04:29 AM.
Old 18th December 2020, 11:12 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianghua View Post
THIS is my biggest gripe. Every day we’re on packed trains squashed up against the door during peak hours because most companies don’t allow their staff to work from home. It’s all so hypocritical.
And all around the globe. It doesn’t make any sense.

This should be really upsetting for Ayu as well. Not only she and her team spent a lot of time preparing it, and she also is eager to see her fans, but we also have to consider this is a business and the money loss could be huge if this is cancelled. Specially considering this wasn’t going to be too much profitable in the first place, and the cancellation of the whole trouble tour. I don’t know why governments wait until last minute to make decisions when situations are predictable.
Old 18th December 2020, 12:25 PM
July 1st Initiate

she posted something on TA—any news in there?

Tags
cdl20-21, countdown live 2020-2021, music for life