Cancelled: CDL 2020-2021 A ~MUSIC for LIFE~ - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 19th December 2020, 09:31 PM
Love song H-Initiate

I don't get all the whining. It's not a must-to-go meeting, no one force people to buy ticket and go to dangerous place. That's all their decision. If you don't agree with taking a risk, just don't go, the best way to say to company you don't like sething is to stop giving it money.
Old 19th December 2020, 09:40 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
I don't get all the whining. It's not a must-to-go meeting, no one force people to buy ticket and go to dangerous place. That's all their decision. If you don't agree with taking a risk, just don't go, the best way to say to company you don't like sething is to stop giving it money.
That's quite a way of downplaying the seriousness of covid tho. You don't just "voluntarily" not give Covid to someone. You are putting all your family members, friends and coworkers at risk which in and of itself is a selfish behavior and should absolutely be discouraged.
Old 19th December 2020, 09:41 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
It's not whining to discuss the situation at hand. You're right that it is an individual's decision to buy tickets, but that doesn't mean companies and celebrities are exempt from discussion and judgement for using their platforms to encourage large events while a pandemic is still going on.
Old 19th December 2020, 09:41 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I will be really disapointed with her if both concerte still have an audience in face of the current issues.
This. I feel so sorry for the people who bought tixs but this should not be happening especially when Ayu is supposedly pregnant? It just seems so irresponsible.
Old 19th December 2020, 10:02 PM
SEASONS Initiate

I think it’s pretty clear the concerts won’t be held with an audience. Maybe they will still take place, but streamed. And probably they’re discussing what platform to use, etc. That’s my bet.
Old 19th December 2020, 10:10 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
I think it’s pretty clear the concerts won’t be held with an audience. Maybe they will still take place, but streamed. And probably they’re discussing what platform to use, etc. That’s my bet.
I think this is the most likely thing as well. I'm curious about what logistics they're having to discuss over the weekend and what options are on the table...
Old 19th December 2020, 10:18 PM
too late Initiate

People already discussed the whole thing above here, but I want to reinforce something: this is not only an individual issue. People who are exposed to Covid by going to public events is harming not only themselves but the whole community. I lost my grandma yesterday because of this fucking disease and this is not a joke. It's serious.

Well, we all know avex is financially struggling with the lack of profit they earn because of concerts and that's one of the reasons they didn't cancel it already, but I hope they convert the tickets in some "promotion" for future concerts + a ticket for streaming of this show without audience or refund. It's about saving lives.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 19th December 2020 at 10:23 PM.
Old 20th December 2020, 05:44 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

I'm not sure why having an audience would ever be an option to her right now. If she goes through with this then I think it's the most selfish thing I've witnessed her do since I became a fan. The pandemic has exposed the carelessness of a lot of people, and I really hope this isn't a time when ayu is revealed to be someone who doesn't care about the lives and families of her fans. I would be extremely disappointed.
Old 20th December 2020, 06:20 PM
SCAR Initiate

Instead of judging people going to the CDL as irresponsible or calling Ayu / Avex selfish to keep this concert with an audience, I'm more concerned about the hypocrisy of this society, how dumb/illogical/nonsense some of these decisions can be (talking about shutting venues, limiting traffic after work hours...)

Sorry if I don't share your point of view, but I still don't understand (and probably will never?) how it's considered "OK" to take crowded trains and buses every day for work, while the latest Koda Kumi's tour (with 2 shows in that same venue, Yoyogi Stadium) proved to be way safer.
I'll need the reasoning behind a concert being harmful, just like going to a beach or a mountain was forbidden in some countries and not going to the supermarket or train stations.

I don't need to take just any action just for the sake of taking an action : I need this action to be effective.
IMO, a concert with no audience is not a solution, because a concert with audience isn't a problem by itself, if things are done well, and they sure seem to be by Avex.
If I had the chance to go to this concert, I'd definitely go (just my opinion, no facts provided here).

Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 2 ~sacrifice~ @ Chiba [2017/11/21]
Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 3 @ Nara [2017/12/03]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/06]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/07]
MUSIC for LIFE ~return~ @ mu-mo LIVE digital streaming [2021/07/01]
Old 20th December 2020, 06:20 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

With trains and metro not running, there’s no way they’ll have the concert at the scheduled time.

They could make it start earlier, but honestly I think it’ll be an online event.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 20th December 2020, 07:53 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim' View Post
Instead of judging people going to the CDL as irresponsible or calling Ayu / Avex selfish to keep this concert with an audience, I'm more concerned about the hypocrisy of this society, how dumb/illogical/nonsense some of these decisions can be (talking about shutting venues, limiting traffic after work hours...)

Sorry if I don't share your point of view, but I still don't understand (and probably will never?) how it's considered "OK" to take crowded trains and buses every day for work, while the latest Koda Kumi's tour (with 2 shows in that same venue, Yoyogi Stadium) proved to be way safer.
I'll need the reasoning behind a concert being harmful, just like going to a beach or a mountain was forbidden in some countries and not going to the supermarket or train stations.

I don't need to take just any action just for the sake of taking an action : I need this action to be effective.
IMO, a concert with no audience is not a solution, because a concert with audience isn't a problem by itself, if things are done well, and they sure seem to be by Avex.
If I had the chance to go to this concert, I'd definitely go (just my opinion, no facts provided here).
Sending people into packed trains for school and work is an issue with the Japanese government, but should we let that be the excuse for more reckless, unnecessary events? Having concerts with no audience is the most responsible, humane way of going about a non-essential event in a PANDEMIC. Be glad we even have this option...
Old 20th December 2020, 08:39 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidChaiLatte View Post
Sending people into packed trains for school and work is an issue with the Japanese government, but should we let that be the excuse for more reckless, unnecessary events? Having concerts with no audience is the most responsible, humane way of going about a non-essential event in a PANDEMIC. Be glad we even have this option...
I definitely agree. This concert is non essential and just unnecessary. People can argue that seeing ayu live would cheer them up at a difficult time and I get that, I really do, but it's not right to put yourself and other people in danger just because you want to see one of your favorite performers live and get some mental relief for a short bit from everything going on in the world.

If you think that holding a concert right now isn't dangerous and "not that bad" even with safety precautions then I'd recommend educating yourself more on Covid-19. Like others have said, this is not a joke. This isn't people making a big deal out of nothing like they like to do sometimes. This is 100% real and people are losing their lives. All unnecessary events like this should not be happening.
Old 20th December 2020, 08:57 PM
Initiate

This for sure will be an endless conversation about it, even tho most people discussing are viewing the situation from their own perspectives and their own locations and how things are being handled there.

Is interesting that people think it's okay for some people to work and use packed transportation, but when it comes to people who works in the entertainment industry (not talking about the big acts, but people from behind the scenes) this type of job is is dammed as forbidden and unnecessary, even tho they are taking all the precautions for things to happen and they can go back to work. We can even go further and go the event sports, which has been happening for this last season with the same precautions of an even such as a concert (https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/...ympics-corona/), or amusement parks (https://www.usj.co.jp/web/en/us/attr...12%2F23%2F2020) or even public spaces such as parks and all.

For some people this is their job, and by not giving a chance when they are trying to adapt to the current situation, it is just gonna make things worse economy-wise.

@Toniayu123 The concert will be streamed anyway (if it happens), by the platform https://thumva.com/
Old 20th December 2020, 09:43 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post
This for sure will be an endless conversation about it, even tho most people discussing are viewing the situation from their own perspectives and their own locations and how things are being handled there.

Is interesting that people think it's okay for some people to work and use packed transportation, but when it comes to people who works in the entertainment industry (not talking about the big acts, but people from behind the scenes) this type of job is is dammed as forbidden and unnecessary, even tho they are taking all the precautions for things to happen and they can go back to work. We can even go further and go the event sports, which has been happening for this last season with the same precautions of an even such as a concert (https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/...ympics-corona/), or amusement parks (https://www.usj.co.jp/web/en/us/attr...12%2F23%2F2020) or even public spaces such as parks and all.

For some people this is their job, and by not giving a chance when they are trying to adapt to the current situation, it is just gonna make things worse economy-wise.

@Toniayu123 The concert will be streamed anyway (if it happens), by the platform https://thumva.com/
Nobody in here is saying it's ok for people to take packed public transportation for working. Thing is, those people tend to have no choice about that because those actually making money from all of this aren't putting themselves in risk aswell.

Still, people having to put themselves in risk out of fear of not getting any money shouldn't be an excuse to put other in risk in order to see a pop concert. There are ways of dealing with this limitation reducing the risks considerably, and people should not be exposed to covid because Avex, or the whole japanese music industry, wasn't able to adapt to the digital era and is on the verge of closing doors.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 20th December 2020, 10:37 PM
Depend on you Initiate

As a side note, it seems like the only places where it's safe to hold regular concerts nowadays are Mainland China and Taiwan.

This is from Jolin's concert from just 1/2 months ago in Taiwan - fully packed:

Old 21st December 2020, 04:05 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Whatever ends up happening today/tomorrow... hopefully it's the best decision to make.
Old 21st December 2020, 06:18 AM
opening Run Initiate

Your predictions? Cancellation, earlier start, online only?
Old 21st December 2020, 06:34 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Nobody in here is saying it's ok for people to take packed public transportation for working. Thing is, those people tend to have no choice about that because those actually making money from all of this aren't putting themselves in risk aswell.

Still, people having to put themselves in risk out of fear of not getting any money shouldn't be an excuse to put other in risk in order to see a pop concert. There are ways of dealing with this limitation reducing the risks considerably, and people should not be exposed to covid because Avex, or the whole japanese music industry, wasn't able to adapt to the digital era and is on the verge of closing doors.
Thank you! Like, seeing some user arguing about people going to WORK compared to a pop concert and I'm sitting here thinking "...what the eff?" Obviously both scenarios aren't ideal... but one is a necessity. The other isn't.

I also agree with your second point about the Japanese industry not adapting. The fact that they're only starting to NOW shows just how out of touch they are and even then they still haven't reached the level the rest of the world has digitally.
Old 21st December 2020, 07:00 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
Not sure about the xmas live but I think the CDL will be held at its supposed starting time without an audience. I can see them do what they did for the TROUBLE FINAL.

Old 21st December 2020, 09:12 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
both concerts will go on, but without an audience.

Tags
cdl20-21, countdown live 2020-2021, music for life