New song:『Pray for you』 - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 26th January 2021, 05:28 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
Just because you don't like a release, doesn't mean it's objectively bad or that ayu didn't put any effort into it
obviously nobody is saying that it's ~objectively~ bad... this is a fan forum and obviously everything expressed is an opinion. fans are allowed to not like everything their idols make jfc....

i absolutely hated ohia no ki and pray for you. you can have a generic melody with an interesting arrangement or interesting hooks with a more generic arrangement. you can't have both.

she can write great ballads - A ONE was full of them. ONK/PFY (of course im only judging based on the instrumental) are not, IN MY OPINION, great ballads. the only new release of hers ive liked of late was dreamed a dream (and what a great song that was)
Old 26th January 2021, 05:39 AM
SURREAL Initiate

^You are right, being a fan doesn't mean you have to like everything, that's normal and the way you expressed your personal opinion was good, you don't liked those songs because for you they sound generic, that's perfect but it's completely different to stating she doesn't put any effort anymore or demanding explanations about releasing or not music and about her personal life, it's a huge difference actually I know maybe it wasn't their intention and sometimes words can cause missunderstandings but there are definetely better ways to express one's discontent.

Last edited by Evan Odinson; 26th January 2021 at 05:28 PM.
Old 26th January 2021, 09:57 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
fans are allowed to not like everything their idols make jfc....
I never said you're not allowed to dislike some songs ayu releases. However, there's a difference between saying you don't like a song and acting like just because you dislike it ayu has to make an official statement about her "losing passion" and "declining music quality", as well as demanding that she stops making such songs.

Disliking something isn't a problem, it's the way one words their dislike. And some users here do word their opinions in an overly harsh/rude way.

Last edited by rainbow_smile; 28th January 2021 at 09:53 PM. Reason: typo
Old 26th January 2021, 04:47 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
i absolutely hated ohia no ki and pray for you. you can have a generic melody with an interesting arrangement or interesting hooks with a more generic arrangement. you can't have both.
Ohia no ki was made for her son. She sang it as a mother for her child. It was like a lullaby.
Old 26th January 2021, 05:20 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
Disliking something isn't a problem, it's the way one words their dislike. And some users here do words their opinions in an overly harsh/rude way.
I agree with you. It's not nice to feel dogmatism sometimes. All would be nice if people remembered to say "In my opinion".
About the song, I hope we get to hear it soon. I really like the voice she served in Ohia and am looking forward to hearing Pray for you with her singing
Old 26th January 2021, 07:06 PM
Depend on you Initiate

As a counterpoint, I think fans have every right to at least share some level of disappointment with their fave's works, and I don't think they are necessarily coming from a bad place either. Most of them "complain" because they love the artist and want nothing but the best for them. Obviously not all suggestions from fans are valid/feasible, but they mean well - and they are definitely NOT "tossing" her away.

I think if you are an artist, you are expected to receive constructive criticism (Born This Way cover art meltdown anyone?) from fans, and I don't think it's right to denounce it altogether.
Old 27th January 2021, 02:52 PM
And Then Initiate

Seriously I can't believe the woman just worked her ass off trying to do 2 concerts in the middle of a pandemic with plans of debuting a new song in it, being pregnant and some people have the nerve to say she is like done with music. Sometimes I just can't with this forum
Old 27th January 2021, 03:16 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabieru View Post
Seriously I can't believe the woman just worked her ass off trying to do 2 concerts in the middle of a pandemic with plans of debuting a new song in it, being pregnant and some people have the nerve to say she is like done with music. Sometimes I just can't with this forum

Agreed!!!!! Thank you!!! Not to mention she has a baby. That's a ton of work for anyone.

You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Old 27th January 2021, 06:33 PM
Two of us Initiate

Well that comment went on a trip of semantics. 7 billion people 7 billion ways of understanding.
Old 28th January 2021, 12:58 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Yeah, I specifically said she’s not into releasing new music at the same pace as before, not that she’s due for retirement. Lol

Old 28th January 2021, 02:34 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
''I nearly went blind stoning this corset ''

'Got it. Still dissapointing'

set made my me

Old 28th January 2021, 03:56 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
She actually did 4, if we count a-nation and Xmas Live (and it would be 5, if CDL didn't got cancelled).

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 1st February 2021, 12:06 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

So lovely 🥰🥰🥰

togetherwhen tumblr / insta / twitter/
(forgive me for my bad english)

Old 3rd February 2021, 01:19 AM
Curtain call Initiate

Well I mean she has the means to raise her babies, she has a village. Is not like she’s doing it by herself but I agree she’s a workaholic.
Old 11th February 2021, 09:03 PM
End roll Initiate

I didn't realize what I said would spark this conversation.

First, people can express their feelings however they want. Nobody NEEDS to always say "in my opinion", because everybody should be cognizant enough to know we all state our opinions. It's redundant and unnecessary. As long as you aren't personally insulting anyone, it's okay to say something is bad, because that is your perspective, just like how people say something is good is theirs.

Second, it is completely okay to not blindly praise everything your favorite artist does. I can't remember which user stated it, but yes, a majority (notice I said majority, not all) of the ballads they stated sound basically the same. The same generic wind chimes, the same synthetic strings, the same piano, all of it. And if people love that, great! I do not. And my opinion as a fan is just as valid and warranted as the ones who love every ballad she does, but don't like when she experiments outside of her "Ayu" sound (Party Queen, Colours for example - I remember the outrage and criticisms of long time fans when those came out for not being "true" to herself, while I myself loved and found them refreshing).

I love a great many of her ballads, but they don't all have to be arranged the same way. You Are The One is a great example of a recent one that does add some different, unique flair. I wish she'd do that more. As for Pray For You, I wish she'd have more horns and flutes implemented. As I said in my comment, it was a nice change.

You can have a style or sound and not beat it to death.

Last edited by Akutenshi; 11th February 2021 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12th February 2021, 07:11 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akutenshi View Post
I didn't realize what I said would spark this conversation.

First, people can express their feelings however they want. Nobody NEEDS to always say "in my opinion", because everybody should be cognizant enough to know we all state our opinions. It's redundant and unnecessary. As long as you aren't personally insulting anyone, it's okay to say something is bad, because that is your perspective, just like how people say something is good is theirs.

Second, it is completely okay to not blindly praise everything your favorite artist does. I can't remember which user stated it, but yes, a majority (notice I said majority, not all) of the ballads they stated sound basically the same. The same generic wind chimes, the same synthetic strings, the same piano, all of it. And if people love that, great! I do not. And my opinion as a fan is just as valid and warranted as the ones who love every ballad she does, but don't like when she experiments outside of her "Ayu" sound (Party Queen, Colours for example - I remember the outrage and criticisms of long time fans when those came out for not being "true" to herself, while I myself loved and found them refreshing).

I love a great many of her ballads, but they don't all have to be arranged the same way. You Are The One is a great example of a recent one that does add some different, unique flair. I wish she'd do that more. As for Pray For You, I wish she'd have more horns and flutes implemented. As I said in my comment, it was a nice change.

You can have a style or sound and not beat it to death.
X1000 on having to tack “in my opinion” onto everything. People used to say that so often to me that I ended up putting “IN MY OPINION.” into my signature so it was appended to literally everything I posted. Lol.
Old 12th February 2021, 07:55 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
X1000 on having to tack “in my opinion” onto everything. People used to say that so often to me that I ended up putting “IN MY OPINION.” into my signature so it was appended to literally everything I posted. Lol.
Lmao that signature of yours was pretty iconic. Didn’t it include a quote of another user saying that you were “always complaining” about how you don’t like something?
Old 12th February 2021, 11:21 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
it is completely okay to not blindly praise everything your favorite artist does.
Just because some people, me included, praise songs like aeternal, The Way I Am doesn't make me blind. I genuinely enjoy those so it doesn't feel nice to read that liking vast majority of ayu releases indirectly describes me as blind. And the problem I see is not that there are people who don't enjoy some of ayu releases but the way they express themselves. A few other users said the same. I think it's only decent to give a little thought to how (not what) you say or write before putting it out, it's all about little empathy.

On the topic I hope to hear the song very soon ^^ Maybe when the tracklist of A Ballads 2 is out (? Even a short version with her vocals would be sweet. I wanna be teased haha.
Old 12th February 2021, 02:05 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
First, people can express their feelings however they want. Nobody NEEDS to always say "in my opinion", because everybody should be cognizant enough to know we all state our opinions. It's redundant and unnecessary.
Words are important, and "in my opinion/from my perspective" are used to differentiate between you acknowledging that other people think differently and you think that's fine, or you thinking what you are saying is fact and you judge those who think differently.

We seem to have a problem with people misunderstanding why it's important to use words to explain their point better. People here aren't your friends, they barely know you. If you walk into a room irl and say something like "x artist has gotten really bland" then you'll get the same response from strangers if they like that artist. It's more likely you'd say "Well, their last song wasn't my thing, for x y and z", which is what you say to welcome discussion and not seem like you're preemptively shooting it down.

Is it unnecessary? Well, since people are commenting that they needed to repeat that they do consider it just their opinion, I personally wouldn't say it is. If multiple people are misunderstanding you consistently then sometimes it's good to look at the finer details of the wording you're using to make sure you're representing yourself in the best way.

After Zeke's signature back in the day I really thought on why we would see consistent debates on his wording, and this is the big key difference really. If you're allowing yourself to be open to discussion and other people's opinions, then say so, because people don't know you and won't assume the best. And everyone here has had bad experiences of being told their taste is shit point blank lmao, unfortunately not everyone comes onto a forum wanting a discussion and it's just the reality of things that we have to signal when we do or that we know not everyone thinks the same as us.

This is amazingly off-topic but since it's on the topic of AHS as a community, I'll roll with it. My apologies to those coming here for Pray for you news
Old 14th February 2021, 06:28 PM
Because of You Initiate

People just need to learn to ignore what they don't like, that's what i've been doing lately. Even if i voice an opinion. But on another note, i'm just lazy writing novels. LOL
People are taking things a bit too into their hearts these days, it's music. Take it easy. People tend to overanalyse everything.
I've got a bit confused as to what's the big deal here lol But that's just me. I can say i skip MOST of her ballads and find them borring, and some people swear by them, i don't really see a big deal there

I may skip the music, and i'm less than interested in the whole compilation stuff, but i'm looking forward to the bit of action happening in her career again.

Tags
cdl 20-21, music for life, pray for you