『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.03.12 - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th January 2021, 10:14 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
Wonder if Life will make the cut? I came back across that song today and I keep forgetting it exists since it never made it to an official album.
Due to the impact the song had after 2011, I guess it's very much possible.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they put "a song is born" MY STORY CLASSICAL version on it for the same reason.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 13th January 2021, 12:45 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
Wonder if Life will make the cut? I came back across that song today and I keep forgetting it exists since it never made it to an official album.
this is one of those songs that she would find lyrically meaningful and is technically a ballad, so I think it's possible. (definitely not a favourite of mine by any stretch so I would not be excited for this in the track list.)
Old 13th January 2021, 01:35 PM
appears Initiate

Do we know who else is releasing on March 12?
Old 13th January 2021, 05:56 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahz- View Post
Do we know who else is releasing on March 12?
Maybe no one. It's Friday, regular release day is Wednesday
Old 13th January 2021, 08:10 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
Maybe no one. It's Friday, regular release day is Wednesday
the de facto release date of A BALLADS 2 will be on the Wednesday of that week (10 March) though, right? she's just putting 12 March as the official release date for commemorative reason because that's the release date of the first A BALLADS.
Old 13th January 2021, 09:08 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
the de facto release date of A BALLADS 2 will be on the Wednesday of that week (10 March) though, right? she's just putting 12 March as the official release date for commemorative reason because that's the release date of the first A BALLADS.
Or maybe they are adopting Friday as release day because of the streaming services.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 13th January 2021, 09:45 PM
Initiate

It doesn't matter if it's not the first day of the week for Oricon. A BEST ~15th Anniversary~ was released on 03.28, a Monday, so it's not even a new thing for her to release outside Wednesday.
Old 14th January 2021, 08:01 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
"Fly get" is usually 1 day prior to the release date, so I think it'll be available on Thursday? Or is there some other piece of info I haven't seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
Or maybe they are adopting Friday as release day because of the streaming services.
They're releasing it on March 12 because the first one came out on March 12 I believe. The release date doesn't really matter for the streaming services. A lot of Western acts release on Fridays because that's when the tracking for U.S. Billboard charts starts
Old 14th January 2021, 09:05 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
"Fly get" is usually 1 day prior to the release date, so I think it'll be available on Thursday? Or is there some other piece of info I haven't seen?
I see. I'm not familiar with how soon flying-gets usually are so you're probably correct; my assumption was solely based on my understanding of Wednesdays as the customary release days.
Old 14th January 2021, 09:14 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
I am for sure in the minority but I started to follow Ayu in 2005 so when A Ballad was released I wasn't following her and to me, I always saw that compilation as a filler for hungry fans waiting for new material. I eventually bought it to complete my collection, but I don't think I listen to it fully more than once, I only kept Rainbow and A song for XX on my iPod. Aside from A Song for XX, I don't really like any of the new arrangements (especially if I have to compare them with their original versions). I love Hanabi, Dolls, and Voyage, but I would rather enjoy them on the Rainbow album. I am suprised to see that people seems to praise it so much.

I did enjoyed A best and A Best 2 both versions though and I still listen to them often.

I read this twice and you and you brought an argument at the end that basically nullified what you said. If any, A BEST 2 was a boring, typical best-of album.
I started to listen to Ayumi after STEP you and had a hard time getting into anything prior. That aside, I think both A BEST (as it captured a special feeling in its complete package, circumstances, etc.) and A BALLADS are her strongest compilation albums. A BALLADS is no best of album, its a collection and they made sure it has a remarkable flow and feeling in how they put the songs and rearrangements. Again, the full package (cover, RAINBOW, etc.) made it complete.

You are right tho, it was her starting to go down in sales, but the songs included were all know and loved by the public. I highly disagree with it being a "milking"-release, cause a lot of thought and work went into it (which songs go on it, which songs a remade and even two new songs on it - A song for XX even feels like a new song here too).

I personally like these kind of releases - especially when they offer something new. If they don't, there is no need for a physical release at all in tis digital age.
Old 14th January 2021, 10:57 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
I see. I'm not familiar with how soon flying-gets usually are so you're probably correct; my assumption was solely based on my understanding of Wednesdays as the customary release days.
I know for Wednesdays the flying get is on tuesday, I'm not 100% sure if albums that are released on other days also go on sale one day early though
Old 14th January 2021, 11:22 PM
YOU Initiate

I pre-ordered the box with 2 BR hoping that one of them is an unrealeased concert like, for example, POWER OF MUSIC 2018 ?

Fingers crossed...
Old 15th January 2021, 09:40 AM
Paper Doll Protector

I wonder if the aesthetic of this release, such as the cover and booklet, will have the same color scheme as the release banner thing used when announcing this release. The soft, golden champagne color with black font is very elegant and yet has a nostalgic feeling.

The first one had golds, champagne, and white instead of the black font but it is similar, even ever so slightly.

...I'm feeling very eager to know what the tracklist will be!!
Old 16th January 2021, 01:24 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Yes, some of the outer boxes of her releases have been bland (ie AT 2016, CDL 2020) but I think the design on the Best Live Box was a step up design-wise.

I'm hoping for a callback to the colours and themes of the original A BALLADS for the covers and outer boxes though, maybe 2 Ayu's again.

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 17th January 2021, 10:47 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
I read this twice and you and you brought an argument at the end that basically nullified what you said. If any, A BEST 2 was a boring, typical best-of album.
I started to listen to Ayumi after STEP you and had a hard time getting into anything prior. That aside, I think both A BEST (as it captured a special feeling in its complete package, circumstances, etc.) and A BALLADS are her strongest compilation albums. A BALLADS is no best of album, its a collection and they made sure it has a remarkable flow and feeling in how they put the songs and rearrangements. Again, the full package (cover, RAINBOW, etc.) made it complete.

You are right tho, it was her starting to go down in sales, but the songs included were all know and loved by the public. I highly disagree with it being a "milking"-release, cause a lot of thought and work went into it (which songs go on it, which songs a remade and even two new songs on it - A song for XX even feels like a new song here too).

I personally like these kind of releases - especially when they offer something new. If they don't, there is no need for a physical release at all in tis digital age.
yeah A BEST 2 could be boring cause there was almost no new material, but they are a must-have in a collection they contain all the big songs. As greatest hits, I find both A BEST 2 quite solid. After 15 years, I think the 2 Ayu CD that I put the most often in my CD player are A Best 2 Black and Summer Best... I feel pretty confident that Ballads 2 will be on that list.

***That is said, I understand I can be in the minority of people who still use CD player :p
Old 18th January 2021, 03:16 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I really hope fated makes it on a disc. It's such an understated ballad in Ayu's discography and has always given me those ethereal A BALLADS vibes.
Old 18th January 2021, 04:51 AM
Initiate

Let's just be happy that A BALLADS 2 is not going to be 5 CDs, considering how many songs she produced since the last A BALLADS
Old 18th January 2021, 12:30 PM
July 1st Initiate

I can't stop speculating wildly about this album's tracklist (and I may very well end up disappointed, no surprises) because I really can't pin down her definition of "ballad". A BALLADS has slow- and mid-tempo songs throughout, but it also has a rearrangement of A Song for ×× that I consider to be firmly "rock". I'm guessing the lyrics play a role into this consideration?

that said, I wonder if she considers the likes of is this LOVE?, Because of You, or decision part of her "ballad" demographic. GAME turns out as a fantastic full-orchestra song in MY STORY Classical, so we know rearrangements into "softer" songs work well.
Old 18th January 2021, 02:48 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
I can't stop speculating wildly about this album's tracklist (and I may very well end up disappointed, no surprises) because I really can't pin down her definition of "ballad". A BALLADS has slow- and mid-tempo songs throughout, but it also has a rearrangement of A Song for ×× that I consider to be firmly "rock". I'm guessing the lyrics play a role into this consideration?

that said, I wonder if she considers the likes of is this LOVE?, Because of You, or decision part of her "ballad" demographic. GAME turns out as a fantastic full-orchestra song in MY STORY Classical, so we know rearrangements into "softer" songs work well.
I think that version of A song for XX is considered a rock-ballad. I don't think is this LOVE? or Because of You are in the ballad basket (my personal opinion), but I do see Memorial address, Last Minute or Sorrows there. I think it's about the message of the lyrics, but I did notice that her ballads tend to have a straightforward message most of the times.

At this point I stopped speculating, the only thing I still hope for is a majestic orchestra version for Marionette...
Old 18th January 2021, 03:24 PM
SEASONS Initiate

The amount of ballads released since 2003 is so massive that we don’t have a clue how the track list will look like. The only one I’m sure it’ll be included is Heaven. If promoted correctly, this can assure Avex great sales, so I hope they just don’t make a playlist on a CD and instead put some effort on it, like new arrangements and such. It would be even cheaper and nice to have Ayu recording new vocals, but we know that ain’t happening.
Closed Thread

Tags
a ballads 2