[News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [II] - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd February 2021, 07:11 PM
too late Initiate

I would die if these shots came from a PV for Will
Old 23rd February 2021, 07:45 PM
poker face Initiate

It's a SERVE! I'm really excited to see this pv, I hope she releases it soon... I like the idea of traditional ayu vs contemporary ayu.
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:04 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLight View Post
eggroll
This comment was already golden in context but I love it even more now that it's on its own x)

I've been exciting about this video all day, I really hope it's not just a TV spot or something like that!
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:07 PM
Because of You Initiate

That's gonna be one beautiful MV, if that's what's it for. I don't care if it's just her in that costume and a pretty background. I'll eat up anything that's traditional japanese style inspired
Aderianu is reading my mind. First thing i thought when i saw the images -those would have been perfect for the covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim' View Post
Do we really need to find a concept/story/secret message to enjoy a release now?

I have to agree with this ! Some are definitely expecting a bit too much from this release (just like people who expect it to sell +100k, sorry to burst the bubble but that is not happening)

I myself was very disappointed at first that it was a 2 CDs compilation instead of 1 CD, filling this compilation with quantity instead of focusing on quality, and I do understand the disappointment as I love the original A BALLADS as well, I know what she's capable of as I follow her since 2004, but the ayu that created that album in 2003 is from the past now and we have to accept it as it is.

Remember how TROUBLE was such a huge let-down back in 2018 (advertised as an album, 5 "single quality" songs over 2 years of wait) ?
And yet people are still in denial, expecting that visionary-ayu to come back 3 years later just to get disappointed again...

This girl will retire someday, let's try to move on from the disappointment and enjoy her activity while we can
(plus, there's still time for small surprises, who knows!)
I agree with everything you said, and no, you don't always need a concept, but for something like compilations it definitely brings in freshness to the release, cuz everything else is recycled. And i know artists get burned out over the years of doing stuff, but i still stand my ground that just because she's not the Ayu from 2004 she doesn't have the creativity in her anymore. I think there's a lot more to it than just her being different - record label, people she works with (same ones over and over, without fresh blood), money, general state of the darn world.. And probably some marketing strategies, too..
On the lighter note though, despite of all of that i think as fans we will always have that bit of helpless hope simmering inside, that's probably what makes quite a few of us come back to check on her. I know that's what drives me lol I AM NOT GIVING UP ON HER

Last edited by BlackSilence; 23rd February 2021 at 08:09 PM.
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:42 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I'm not that crazy about the cover but the kimono shots are beautiful! hope it turns out to be a beautiful PV.
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:49 PM
Daybreak Guardian

I forgot to comment here.

There's nothing special about that cover, but she does look gorgeous. I'm excited to see what pictures they'll include in the photobook. Also, I wonder if it's going to be the same picture for every edition? That seems unlikely but at the same time, I wish they'd have shown all of them at this point.

The PV looks very promising from those pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim' View Post
Do we really need to find a concept/story/secret message to enjoy a release now?
A concept is definitely not necessary for someone to enjoy a release, but I think it's natural to expect one from Ayu since she delivered so many conceptual songs, PVs, albums, etc. throughout her career.

Last edited by oaristos; 23rd February 2021 at 10:51 PM.
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:46 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I am... still.. so... wow...
Old 24th February 2021, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
Any chance this kind of photos to be at the book?

I actually made cover
Spoiler:
I actually really like this! I would have loved it if she would have gone in this direction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
I agree with everything you said, and no, you don't always need a concept, but for something like compilations it definitely brings in freshness to the release, cuz everything else is recycled. And i know artists get burned out over the years of doing stuff, but i still stand my ground that just because she's not the Ayu from 2004 she doesn't have the creativity in her anymore. I think there's a lot more to it than just her being different - record label, people she works with (same ones over and over, without fresh blood), money, general state of the darn world.. And probably some marketing strategies, too..
On the lighter note though, despite of all of that i think as fans we will always have that bit of helpless hope simmering inside, that's probably what makes quite a few of us come back to check on her. I know that's what drives me lol I AM NOT GIVING UP ON HER
I think this is a good point. People here are always jumping on those of us who are "complaining" and tell us not to come back. But I know that lots of fans are ONLY coming back, especially Japanese fans, because we still believe she can do this. If all of us would be like "fuck this, there isn't anything to expect from her anymore", she wouldn't even sell out halls anymore. Because we believe she is able to amaze us, because we are coming back every damn time, because lots of us are buying her releases even thoug we don't really like them and just for the nostalgia and because we are hanging on to this little hope, she is able to still be Hamasaki Ayumi.
Also, and this I find really sad, people are often like "why did you even expect anything more than this? You should know by now, be grateful she releases anything at all" - which basically says: "She once was a great artist, now she is just a mediocre performer and a has-been and is only able to release a song here and there because no one cares, therefore be glad anyone even cares to release stuff from a mediocre has-been". But I'm really not willing to see her like that. I always loved her because I KNOW she is a great artist and I don't need 5 singles a year to be satisfied. I just need the few releases she has to be Hamasaki Ayumi quality, because I know she has it in her and because I know she is able to amaze me.
Old 24th February 2021, 02:11 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I mean I'm just happy with whatever mostly since it means she's not retired/inactive.
Old 24th February 2021, 02:25 AM
Paper Doll Protector

Beautiful pictures!!
So I found myself wondering if Beloved and Sunset could end up on this release.

I love Sunset~love is all, and would go crazy for a good remastered version of it.
Old 24th February 2021, 02:35 AM
Secret Initiate

The covers didn’t do anything for me but loving the shots of her with the tree.
Old 24th February 2021, 03:27 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I mean I'm just happy with whatever mostly since it means she's not retired/inactive.
true.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 24th February 2021, 09:07 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
Movie director / Art director
Kazuyoshi Shimomura

Haute couture
Masataka Kato

Making photographer
Masayuki Kamo

omgggg gorg~~~!!!

Really excited for the new pv
Old 24th February 2021, 01:25 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

��琳派の間��

Movie director/ Art director 
@kazuyoshi_shimomura

Stylist 
@abfabkei

Making photographer 
@masayukikamo

この屏風と床が素晴らしく美しすぎて歩くの緊張しました。。1テイク目はシモ子からカットかけ られました笑

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 24th February 2021, 01:32 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I wonder if we’ll get the video early???
Like, I assume they had it planned to be released with the original release date (unless that was part of the production issues)—and we still have a long time before 4/8 lol.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 24th February 2021, 02:56 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I think I like tue white outfit a little bit better but she Looks so good in both. Can't wait to see how the Video will turn out to be.
Old 24th February 2021, 03:14 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I definitely hope we get a teaser soon! She looks stunning in all of the photos.

Old 24th February 2021, 04:38 PM
July 1st Initiate

what does that caption mean (琳派の間)? it could be the title of the song lol

we know after オヒアの木 that she's no longer averse to having song titles in actual Japanese characters.
Old 24th February 2021, 04:43 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

琳派 (Rinpa) is the style of the art that she’s standing in front of.
I believe it just means like, being in the presence of rinpa (?) lol

Oh, the (original) art she’s in front of is two separate screens, so it could be literally “between rinpa” as well haha but I believe it’s a more general, “space of rinpa”, or “room of rinpa”.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 24th February 2021 at 04:50 PM.
Old 24th February 2021, 06:14 PM
Initiate

ayu is such a great teaser!! Just tell us what song this is already XD
Closed Thread

Tags
a ballads 2, haru yo koi