[News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [III] - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th March 2021, 07:49 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by barisuta53 View Post
Ah! Gotcha. Sorry about that I think I went a little defensive. 😅

She is going to look weird and different though because she’s pregnant ready to drop. Makeup and retouching can only do so much I guess.

I actually think she sings it better here than the MF performance. I revisited it in anticipation and this is a much better vocal.
Don't worry! I should've specified I agree with everything you said
Old 11th March 2021, 07:51 PM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Lawi! View Post
^That's a good question actually - are there any other differences from the original lyrics that Japanese-speakers can hear?
Actually this line "春よ来い、早く来い (haru yo koi hayaku koi)" exists in the original version, but it's very subtle. When you see some live perfomances of Yumi, they put them with more prominence.
Old 11th March 2021, 07:55 PM
July 1st Initiate

I have absolutely no complaint. the song is perfect, and the video is gorgeous. Shimoco really delivered this time!
Old 11th March 2021, 07:59 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyujiw View Post
Actually this line "春よ来い、早く来い (haru yo koi hayaku koi)" exists in the original version, but it's very subtle. When you see some live perfomances of Yumi, they put them with more prominence.
Now you've said it I can't not hear it in the original!
Old 11th March 2021, 08:00 PM
As if.. Initiate

I really liked the background dancers in this video. No shade but I often find her dancers to be... clunky? for some reason whenever they're featured but here they were very graceful and elegant.
Old 11th March 2021, 08:03 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigochild View Post
I really liked the background dancers in this video. No shade but I often find her dancers to be... clunky? for some reason whenever they're featured but here they were very graceful and elegant.
I've noticed a change in this in her last couple of shows as well. IMO the choreography has gotten significantly better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
I'm probably the only one who is a bit iffy about this.
Her voice sounds different, not bad but I'm not sure yet if I like it either.
The PV is just okay for me - high budget for a simple scene makes beautiful shots.

I'll give it more spins without the PV to make a final judgment.
Her voice is definitely different and IMO weaker than when she did it in 2003, but that's to be expected. This sounds great for her now.

She is very, very pregnant. It's gotta be any day now. So people saying her face looks fat....like what? She's in her 40s and she is at least 8 months pregnant in this video.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 11th March 2021 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11th March 2021, 08:07 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
oh my goodness you're right! like you said, it's much less noticeable, while in ayu's version they become such a spectacle. gorgeous.
Old 11th March 2021, 08:08 PM

Quote:
You can hear this line in the original especially from minute 3:23 onwards. Even though this line is very subtle in the original, it is very popular and often referenced in pop culture. For example, you can often hear a person/a character sing this exact line in dorama/anime. One example would be Ran in Conan in this episode at 23:40. Ayu just decided to change the arrangement and changed this subtle line into a choir, which works very beautifuly, imo.
Old 11th March 2021, 08:12 PM
As if.. Initiate

her vocals are SO GOOD in this song
please give us an album with this vibe PLEASE
Old 11th March 2021, 08:15 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Thanks, I'll have to re-listen to the original!

I'm still gobsmacked, the PV is so pretty! I'm not even too stressed about Pray for you now that there's a power ballad on this release already!

I tend to find Ayu's covers amazing, Many classic moments is still a bop for me and Moving on without you was great.
Old 11th March 2021, 08:22 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Lawi! View Post
Thanks, I'll have to re-listen to the original!

I'm still gobsmacked, the PV is so pretty! I'm not even too stressed about Pray for you now that there's a power ballad on this release already!

I tend to find Ayu's covers amazing, Many classic moments is still a bop for me and Moving on without you was great.
I also like all of those covers! on Arama Japan someone said "Not a secret but when a j-pop artist starts covering songs, it means it's over." so technically she's over since 2003 I guess
Old 11th March 2021, 08:32 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

omg the MV is so pretty and she looks so awesome!!! the song is PERFECT, I'm so thankful for this!
Old 11th March 2021, 08:41 PM
Trauma Initiate

50:50 on the video. Kinda boring. Just wish there’s one more scene with new set or costume. Love the song
Old 11th March 2021, 08:51 PM
Two of us Initiate

I find that ayu’s voice is weak in this new cover. Especially for those words with “A” vowels. Maybe because she’s pregnant and can’t use much strength from her diaphragm to sing.
Old 11th March 2021, 08:56 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I like the song and the video... but I can't help thinking, I have the same carpet in my apartment.
Old 11th March 2021, 09:23 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Everything about "Haru yo, Koi" is beautiful. I found her voice to be a bit strange in the first few verses, but after listening to the song a couple of times I'm completely used to it. It's probably because my ears are too used to her original cover from 2003.

It still feels surreal that we actually got this as an official release. Now I need to the song to be available on Spotify!
Old 11th March 2021, 09:47 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I've noticed a change in this in her last couple of shows as well. IMO the choreography has gotten significantly better.

Her voice is definitely different and IMO weaker than when she did it in 2003, but that's to be expected. This sounds great for her now.

She is very, very pregnant. It's gotta be any day now. So people saying her face looks fat....like what? She's in her 40s and she is at least 8 months pregnant in this video.
yeah I know, but I'm not looking for "it sounds like 2003" which I did not say nor "she does sound good for her current condition". She sounds good. but I don't know if I like that tone she uses here and it has nothing to do with either of the mentioned situations.

Overall, at the moment I think the whole thing is just mediocre and people look at it from a weird angle and making more out of it than there is. It's mostly saved by the fact that it is a great song to begin with.

As I said, for me currently it is neither bad nor as good as people make it out to be. That might change tho.

As for "being" fat - Japanese people also said it around BLUE BIRD era and on other occasions - its something I don't understand till today (the whole body-shaming part). A wird trait of Japanese society. As you said - she is 40 and she has every right to look like 40 too.
Old 11th March 2021, 09:56 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I love the song, the video is pure perfection and I love her mature gestures.

Before this...which was her last good PV??
Brillate? How Beautiful You Are ,maybe?

Last edited by perfectodub; 11th March 2021 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11th March 2021, 09:59 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by God_ayu View Post
I find that ayu’s voice is weak in this new cover. Especially for those words with “A” vowels. Maybe because she’s pregnant and can’t use much strength from her diaphragm to sing.
Ah, you put it into words. That's what's happening here, isn't it?

My first response is that the comparative weakness of her voice is underwhelming against the sweeping orchestration, but I haven't had a chance to listen closely yet. I am still very grateful to her. The PV is also gorgeous, and I love that her male dancers are waltzing together.

As for her face, other than the obvious changes in appearance due to pregnancy (why can't people leave her alone about this? ), I think her hairstyle on the main set frames her forehead in a way that we aren't used to seeing. The whole look is beautiful.
Old 11th March 2021, 09:59 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Don’t crucify me y’all, but I think The GIFT was a great video (though simple) haha. Step by step and Sayonara were good too. I really like the elegance in this one though.

Closed Thread

Tags
a ballads 2, cd release, haru yo koi