[News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [III] - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th March 2021, 10:01 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
yeah I know, but I'm not looking for "it sounds like 2003" which I did not say nor "she does sound good for her current condition". She sounds good. but I don't know if I like that tone she uses here and it has nothing to do with either of the mentioned situations.

Overall, at the moment I think the whole thing is just mediocre and people look at it from a weird angle and making more out of it than there is. It's mostly saved by the fact that it is a great song to begin with.

As I said, for me currently it is neither bad nor as good as people make it out to be. That might change tho.

As for "being" fat - Japanese people also said it around BLUE BIRD era and on other occasions - its something I don't understand till today (the whole body-shaming part). A wird trait of Japanese society. As you said - she is 40 and she has every right to look like 40 too.
While you might be right, I think it’s a good thing there’s hype and that people are making it better than it is, as quite frankly we all want things to start happening as not much has been going on in recent years and hopefully this is the beginning of a new chapter whatever it is.

She does sound different and while I am still undecided if I love it or just like it, I think that vocally this is an improvement in terms of her being able to control her voice and not scream through the song.

Also everything about the song is very nicely done including the PV which is very well executed.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 11th March 2021 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11th March 2021, 10:18 PM
Two of us Initiate

I expected it to be like what she was singing in 2003 so when I first hear it I don't like the tone that she is using. It sounds a little bit too high for me. But after listen for couple of times and forget about that 2003 version. This one is also very good. I love both song and PV. Well done, Ayu.
Old 11th March 2021, 10:19 PM
count down Initiate

give Ayu or whomever who gave the idea to cover Haru Yo, Koi officially. I haven't felt so hyped about this legend for so long.

the video was everything ;__; and she sounded better than 2012-2018. so...

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 11th March 2021, 10:28 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
yeah I know, but I'm not looking for "it sounds like 2003" which I did not say nor "she does sound good for her current condition". She sounds good. but I don't know if I like that tone she uses here and it has nothing to do with either of the mentioned situations.
This is what I was thinking too. Her shaping of the vowels is a little weird, but I think a few people pointed out that Yumi shapes the tones that way and maybe Ayu was trying to match it. She sounds good, just different.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 11th March 2021 at 10:41 PM.
Who... Initiate

Okay WOW. I listened to it more closely (better audio quality), only for a second time.

I'm too scrambled by my day-to-day to articulate this very well, but there's something intensely moving about hearing her sing this, now, as we try to push through the pandemic. Her voice doesn't have the raw power that it used to have like in the 2003 performance, but now there's a gentleness that wasn't there before.
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think Ayu was singing a bit differently on purpose too. There was a bit of that old style in the singing and it felt deliberate.
Old 11th March 2021, 11:13 PM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I think Ayu was singing a bit differently on purpose too. There was a bit of that old style in the singing and it felt deliberate.
I got that vibe as well. Some parts are very similar to Yuming’s style which is much more nasal.

Overall I am in love with the song. When the background singers come in during the second to last chorus I get all the goosebumps. I am very happy with this.

Old 12th March 2021, 12:26 AM
WE WISH Initiate

I love how everything turned out!

The ending of the song and the way it's visually depicted really gave me chills. I was worried the dancers and choreo would make things tacky but it's done well and is a great addition to the video, especially towards the end.

I really love this. So gentle and delicate, but incredibly beautiful. I don't think the mv needs anything else otherwise it would be too much.

Kudos to ayu and team. I can see why she was excited.
I'm not as big on the song or the old performance as most of the fandom, but was looking forward to the new content. Did not disappoint.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 12th March 2021, 12:31 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

I LOVE the arrangement. It's so beautiful. I also love how the song builds up.
Her vocals aren't my favorite, but they're still pretty and fit the song. She kept a gentleness to it and didn't sound harsh or strained which I appreciate. I still prefer her vocals from her older performance of the song, but I just prefer her voice in general back then and wouldn't expect her to sing exactly like that nowadays.

PV is beautiful. She is beautiful. Anyone who makes negative comments on her weight need to re-evaluate their lives. They're literally criticizing the weight of a beautiful pregnant woman. Just let that sink in. I knew people disrespected ayu but to be that immature is ridiculous to me.
Old 12th March 2021, 01:16 AM
SURREAL Initiate

^Agree!

I'm not sure but they way she's singing reminds me to how she sang a couple of songs last year (vogue and SEASONS at a-nation, POWDER SNOW at LAST TROUBLE, maybe I missed some more) and yeah it's a pretty different sound from her but somehow imo it suits her very well, it sounds gentlier and not too pushy or strained (I don't know anything about vocal techniques but that's how I see it lol)
Old 12th March 2021, 01:47 AM
Far away Initiate

I really liked the video, everything looks good and I have no complaints.

Can't say about the song tho. Her voice is lovely but the way she sounds, it's like she's trying that cute/high pitched voice again and it's just... no. What happened to that beautiful thing that came out of her mouth during JEWEL at saigo no trouble?

The arrangements are beautiful, but apart from the things that make it sound Haru yo, koi, there's also the same things Nakano has been using for the last 5 or 6 years in most of his works that I'm just sick of (chimes and those particular drums).

I'm glad most of you are enjoying it, I just don't think it will be the same for me. It might change over time, but for now I'll just skip this one.
Old 12th March 2021, 02:20 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
I like the song and the video... but I can't help thinking, I have the same carpet in my apartment.
?? the rock garden?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_rock_garden
Old 12th March 2021, 02:55 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by God_ayu View Post
I find that ayu’s voice is weak in this new cover. Especially for those words with “A” vowels.
I understand what you mean, but I prefer her singing like this instead of shouting.
Her tone colour is inconsistent throughout the song. The beginning is semi-cutesy, but the second part sounds more mature.
I'm not in love with the cover, but it's nicely done.
Old 12th March 2021, 03:04 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

^ I actually don't mind the inconsistency in tone as you pointed out. I imagine the song as a young girl waiting for her lover throughout the years.
Old 12th March 2021, 03:55 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I don't think she's really doing it too heavily, it's more voice control over high pitched cute. She has used that voice before in studio material before and it's rather different from that!
Old 12th March 2021, 04:20 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommy48 View Post
^ I actually don't mind the inconsistency in tone as you pointed out. I imagine the song as a young girl waiting for her lover throughout the years.
I agree. I think she did that on purpose.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 12th March 2021, 06:21 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Her hand movements throughout the video is magnificent and is complete perfection. That's why i like this director. He brings out Ayu's best moves.
Old 12th March 2021, 07:09 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post
I have passed away
too good
Same!!! Y’all I feel like I have been on a JOURNEY. From the first time I saw this live performance and watched it on repeat as a 13 year old girl to today, about to turn 32. It’s so awesome we get a recording and video of this! I am just so thankful I still get to enjoy Ayu’s magic. Like, she delivered 1000%.

And I feel like because her 10/10 tracks are a bit more rare for me these days, when she does hit it out of the park with visual/production/sound quality and it all comes together like it used to it’s all the more magical!

I agree her voice sounds a bit different but I don’t dislike it! It’s just a new sound. I mean her voice has been ever changing from the beginning so I just roll with it. 😂
Old 12th March 2021, 07:20 AM
Two of us Initiate

Been replaying this on repeat

Is this the first time she premiered full version of her PV officially on youtube without prior audio release?
Old 12th March 2021, 07:23 AM
Initiate

My only complaint about the song is that I wish they'd inserted an extra 1 second of silence in the beginning XD

This really is so good!
Closed Thread

Tags
a ballads 2, cd release, haru yo koi