[A] ayumi hamasaki NEW SINGLE 23rd Monster Release 2021.04.08 - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 13th April 2021, 03:25 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
I am surprised that I hate "The Next Love" & "Eyes, Smoke, Magic"

These two songs are the worst in her discography.
I'd take The Next Love & Eyes, Smoke, Magic over Angel's song and my honey any time lol I simply can't with her "cute" 2000 anime opening alvin and the chipmunks kinda songs
Old 13th April 2021, 03:37 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Eyes, smokes, magic reminds me the Animaniacs opening.
Old 13th April 2021, 02:48 PM
YOU Initiate

I think Timmy brought some very interesting changes in Ayu's discography.

BRILLANTE, the next LOVE and Eyes Smoke Magic were very welcome and brought some fresh air to what she was doing since then.

But BRILLANTE, man, this track gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it.
Old 13th April 2021, 03:39 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Timmy leveled up her music career. Some can disagree, or either dislike what he has done for her discography. There is good stuff, there is stuff that question his/her taste in quality, but that is beside the point. But basically calling Timmy out and blaming him for using Ayu is really bold. And not delicious.

Old 13th April 2021, 04:50 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

He always got the blame for stuff that were ultimatelly Ayu's decisions, and that is annoying as fuck. Ayu is the boss and she is the one calling the shots. Even if Timmy sugested those stuff (what I doubt for a lot of it, like his outfits), she still is the one responsable for aproving those.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 13th April 2021, 04:59 PM
too late Initiate

AHS always amazes me with its capacity of being extra. Jeez.
--
I was wondering when we'll get Episode I of this series of teases from "23rd Monster". Criptic Ayu is being a thing lately (let's remember tge mysterious TROUBLE's aeternal reveal).

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 13th April 2021, 07:28 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanes View Post
But BRILLANTE, man, this track gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it.
Even my friend, who doesn't care about Ayu, likes this song, which kinda surprised me.
Old 13th April 2021, 07:36 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Everytime there's a new message on here I'm hoping for a new teaser for the MV, but no, apparently this thread is now about how horrible Timmy was and trying to determine Ayu's worst song

I still have 23rd Monster on repeat, I know it's not her best but it hits all the right chords for me, I really am in love with this song really hope whatever album comes next will have more of this and less of Pray for you.
Old 13th April 2021, 11:52 PM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
He always got the blame for stuff that were ultimatelly Ayu's decisions, and that is annoying as fuck. Ayu is the boss and she is the one calling the shots. Even if Timmy sugested those stuff (what I doubt for a lot of it, like his outfits), she still is the one responsable for aproving those.
THIS. Ayu will get what she wants and if she chooses songs that are unfavorable, that's still always on her, but good for trying.

I know it's her 23rd anniversary I kind of wish that Ayu just titled the track as "Monster' though. I keep listening to it on repeat then switching to 春よ、来い and back again. Totally in love with these tracks; in an alternative universe I could have seen this as a double A single, ha. They pair so well together I feel. Or that's just cause I keep playing these two so much.

Last edited by blackmage; 13th April 2021 at 11:55 PM.
Old 13th April 2021, 11:59 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

We have a thread to discuss Timmy here. Baseless comments on him and why he was in Ayu's team are going to be removed from this thread, though. It isn't necessary.
Old 14th April 2021, 12:32 AM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post
We have a thread to discuss Timmy here. Baseless comments on him and why he was in Ayu's team are going to be removed from this thread, though. It isn't necessary.
Then maybe you should have nipped it in the butt with some of those comments sooner. You think. My comment was definitely not baseless to the discussion or putting him down in any way and don't see why it needed to be deleted in my post above.
Old 14th April 2021, 02:02 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmage View Post
Then maybe you should have nipped it in the butt with some of those comments sooner. You think. My comment was definitely not baseless to the discussion or putting him down in any way and don't see why it needed to be deleted in my post above.
Unless people report posts, I can only catch things when I'm online and I happen to see it. I've cleared up the thread to try and stop people from repeating themselves by replying to leftover content. I'm sorry if you felt wronged by that, it's nothing personal.
Old 14th April 2021, 07:07 AM
Two of us Initiate

While they are obviously not apple to apple comparisons, I thought it was interesting that Utada's new upload (a teaser too) garnered around 200K views in 2 days. Ayu's 23rd monster teaser has around 500K in 6 days.

Yes it is much shorter, but I guess without a super huge tie-in like One Last Kiss, we can have a more meaningful comparison~

Old 14th April 2021, 08:56 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

23rd Monster has debuted at #30 on the Billboard Japan Top Download Songs chart.

The Oricon chart position is usually quite close to the Billboard one, so if all things go well, she will reach the top 30 on the Oricon Digital Single Songs chart.

EDIT: Just saw it reached #29 on Oricon with 3,236 downloads!

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 14th April 2021 at 08:59 AM.
Old 14th April 2021, 09:13 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayufan89 View Post
While they are obviously not apple to apple comparisons, I thought it was interesting that Utada's new upload (a teaser too) garnered around 200K views in 2 days. Ayu's 23rd monster teaser has around 500K in 6 days.

Yes it is much shorter, but I guess without a super huge tie-in like One Last Kiss, we can have a more meaningful comparison~
And not only OLK, Pink Blood is also being used as the opening of Fumetsu no Anata e, a highly anticipated anime (really good one btw!) So her hype is in a whole other level.
Old 14th April 2021, 01:35 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Where's that thread where we were able to face off all her songs against each other? I remember it took literally hours for me to do hahaha
I am pretty sure ANGEL'S SONG was the lowest for me lmao I can't separate it from a cringey PV...

Timmy did a lot of songs I really love like BRILLANTE, ESM, HBYA. I quite enjoy Survivor as well.

Honestly wish that The World Ends With You anime had picked up 23rd Monster for their replacement OP song. The more I listen to this song it could fit an anime really well and the themes of TWEWY would kind of fit the lyrics as well.

Missed opportunity

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 14th April 2021, 03:05 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
I'd take The Next Love & Eyes, Smoke, Magic over Angel's song and my honey any time lol I simply can't with her "cute" 2000 anime opening alvin and the chipmunks kinda songs
what's my honey?

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 14th April 2021, 03:25 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
Where's that thread where we were able to face off all her songs against each other? I remember it took literally hours for me to do hahaha
I am pretty sure ANGEL'S SONG was the lowest for me lmao I can't separate it from a cringey PV...

Timmy did a lot of songs I really love like BRILLANTE, ESM, HBYA. I quite enjoy Survivor as well.

Honestly wish that The World Ends With You anime had picked up 23rd Monster for their replacement OP song. The more I listen to this song it could fit an anime really well and the themes of TWEWY would kind of fit the lyrics as well.

Missed opportunity
I think the Angels Song Pv is epic! It reminds me of b-production movies from the 80s and the song is real gem and serves as a great opener to Memorial Address.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 14th April 2021, 05:31 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
what's my honey?
The song HONEY but the lyrics has this “my honey~~”
Old 14th April 2021, 06:18 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbellz View Post
The song HONEY but the lyrics has this “my honey~~”
I thought there was a secret song called MY HONEY from ayu.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Tags
23rd monster