[A] ayumi hamasaki NEW SINGLE 23rd Monster Release 2021.04.08 - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 7th April 2021, 08:24 PM
Who... Initiate

What is she singing in English in the song? is she saying "It's called A monster" and "you are also A monster?"
Old 7th April 2021, 08:28 PM
TO BE Initiate

I like the song, but her voice in the chorus is too squeaky.
Old 7th April 2021, 08:30 PM
Because of You Initiate

WOW.

I like how DARK this is. Right up my alley! YES, QUEEN!
The only thing i wish is more guitars in the actual chorus, it calls for something a LOT heavier. Cuz it kind of falls flat on it's face compared to the verses. But maybe the actual thing will sound better. Or maybeyou guys talking about mixing being a bit off are onto something here.

For some reason when i first saw the video i thought of alterna, it kind of has the vibe of it, the song too. I love her voice in this. It's so dark. THE GOTH ME IS SO HAPPY.

I also for the first time in forever like the cover and what they did with the text. She certainly could have done a more out there photoshoot for it, but it's fine.

I knew that giving up on her wouldn't be a smart move.

Honestly, i was not expecting a SINGLE. She legit surprised me lol

Last edited by BlackSilence; 7th April 2021 at 08:34 PM.
Old 7th April 2021, 08:37 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsClap View Post
What is she singing in English in the song? is she saying "It's called A monster" and "you are also A monster?"
Spoiler:

Old 7th April 2021, 08:38 PM
Initiate

Okay guys I'm super excited about this single ! Love the pics, love the cover, love what I hear !! But when does the song come out ?
Old 7th April 2021, 08:45 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeReSu View Post
Okay guys I'm super excited about this single ! Love the pics, love the cover, love what I hear !! But when does the song come out ?
It´s in the download section allready. it will be available on streaming service at midnight your timezone

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 7th April 2021, 08:48 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
It´s in the download section allready. it will be available on streaming service at midnight your timezone
Oh I didn't see it, thanks ! I'm listening now
Old 7th April 2021, 08:55 PM
poker face Initiate

The song sounds tailor made to be used in a live. The power reminds me of talkin'2myself and decision.
I guess this would be the kick-off track for her Asia Tour.

(btw I sense some sort of best album coming... she released A BEST 2 before asiatour2007, and A COMPLETE before asiatour2008 outside japan)
Old 7th April 2021, 08:56 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
Spoiler:
Thank you kindly
Old 7th April 2021, 09:02 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Just noticed her voice is going from left, to right the first part of the verses.

Also, do you guys know if Shimizu and Sato usually work with her on arrangements?

I see W popping out few times in the conversation. I think I prefer it over this new song. It's much more rock (still a pop song) and the arrangements are more interesting (even if it's mostly electric guitar) and laid out. I wouldn't call 23rd Monster rock, it's more (dark) synth pop.

I love the guitar and bass during the first notes of the intro on 23rd Monster.
The song overall is growing on me. I think I will end up enjoying it more than DaD which didn't grab my attention for more than a few days.
Old 7th April 2021, 09:09 PM
SEASONS Initiate

I’m not listening to the song until I’m in a better mood. But I’m living for this. Just when I thought she would go for a softer/ballad-ish style from now on, she releases something like this + a whole tour across Asia given the world’s situation lol I just hope an album is actually coming sometime in the next months (year...?). How much I’d love that cover to be an album one. It’s the best one we’ve had in a VERY long time, it’s nothing special but the styling is different, she looks fierce and what they did with the font is actually very interesting and well executed imo. MORE OF THIS PLEASE. Girl was serious when she said she was going to give back ~the essence~ to Hamasaki Ayumi.
Old 7th April 2021, 09:10 PM
End roll Initiate

The way she is singing "ru" sounds a bit different but I still love this. It feels like GAME for 2021 Ayu

From the preview clip I also can't wait for a live performance. Give me those dancers adding to the vibe instead of distracting and some flames going off powerfully in time to the music, yes!
Old 7th April 2021, 09:13 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
How much I’d love that cover to be an album one. It’s the best one we’ve had in a VERY long time, it’s nothing special but the styling is different, she looks fierce and what they did with the font is actually very interesting and well executed imo.
The cover could fit for A BEST 3... it is basically the same shoot as A BEST 2 with a face mask (fits the current situation)
Old 7th April 2021, 09:33 PM
Lelio Protector

Love the song. I also thought a bit about (don’t) leave me alone and that it should be purely rock without synths but it’s actually good and the lyrics!!
Old 7th April 2021, 09:37 PM
Initiate

I’m excited to see the live performance of this song, especially if the band comes back (fingers crossed!) I can definitely see her performing this along with 春よ、来い on the new TA tour and Asia tour. Maybe she’ll premier pray for you on the TA tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Love the song. I also thought a bit about (don’t) leave me alone and that it should be purely rock without synths but it’s actually good and the lyrics!!
I agree. I love rock Ayu and the synths don’t add much for me.
As for the crowded mix, it sounds like they have multiple instruments crossing into each others frequency range instead of the engineer carving out space for each instrument to sit. It’s almost as if the mix engineer was either too rushed or too lazy to create space for the frequencies of the instruments and just stacked everything. The PV mix sounds less crowded, not sure if it’s because they’re using a 48 kHz mix down (the usual standard for when printing for video) vs 44.1 kHz (the standard for audio only distribution) though there really shouldn’t be much difference between them as it’s typically the same mix, just the sampling rate of output is different.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 7th April 2021 at 09:56 PM.
Old 7th April 2021, 09:52 PM

Oh my gosh! This is perfect for me! I love everything about it. Reminds me how excited I was when Because of you, GAME and takin' 2 myself were released, I missed that <3
Old 7th April 2021, 09:58 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^I like the song, she does the same thing with her voice like in HYK tho
I'm glad it doesn't sound like Because of You or talkin 2' myself cause I never really liked those
Old 7th April 2021, 10:00 PM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post

Also, do you guys know if Shimizu and Sato usually work with her on arrangements?
You may know Sato as "ats-"

He did this mix of Dreamed a Dream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrgr...b_channel=ats-

Last edited by pommy48; 7th April 2021 at 11:22 PM.
Old 7th April 2021, 10:02 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Her voice sounds really different but I like the song. Can't wait for the PV.
Old 7th April 2021, 10:09 PM
Love song H-Initiate

I like that kind of voice

Tags
23rd monster