ASIA TOUR 2021-2022 A ~23rd Monster~ - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 29th September 2021, 03:19 AM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
Very weird theory considering that a performer can decide themself what kind of audio track is playing in their in-ear monitors. You can customize it so that it includes only some of the instruments or has things that the public doesn't hear like that thing that counts the rhytm.
I don’t think people realise that being on the stage, whilst wearing ear monitors, is actually pretty quiet. Especially the way stages are designed so that they project the sound outwards rather than towards the stage.

The ear monitors aren’t necessarily designed to prevent sound protection (though they do), they’re designed so the musician can hear what they need to hear. That could be the rhythm section, the melody, a backing track, their own vocals, or any combination.

Floor Jansen from Nightwish talked about them recently on her YouTube channel.

Last edited by barisuta53; 29th September 2021 at 03:24 AM.
Old 29th September 2021, 08:28 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Very weird theory considering that a performer can decide themself what kind of audio track is playing in their in-ear monitors. You can customize it so that it includes only some of the instruments or has things that the public doesn't hear like that thing that counts the rhythm.
but if you only have one ear stuff with a monitor, it may limit you on what you hear. I don't think none of us have enough knowledge to give in-depth analysis on the matter, but her live singing seems to have been improving since she is using the pre-recorded audio tracks.
Old 29th September 2021, 10:42 AM
Love song H-Initiate

The "ayumi hamasaki ASIA TOUR 2021-2022 A 〜23rd Monster〜" will finally start this weekend.
Following the lifting of the declaration of a state of emergency, we have reviewed the capacity of venues and have decided to sell additional tickets for the Makuhari Event Hall concert!
Special first-come, first-served ticketing for "ayumi hamasaki ASIA TOUR 2021-2022 A 〜23rd Monster〜" TeamAyu will start from 15:00 on September 29 (Wed)!

Even after the declaration of the state of emergency is lifted, the number of tickets will be limited because the tour will continue to be held with thorough measures to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection!
To apply for the tickets, please read the notes and performance details below carefully and make sure you follow the correct procedures.

[Note]
*This ticket reservation website is ONLY available for TeamAyu members living inside of Japan. Please note that you can only deposit and issue tickets in Japan.

*Due to the current social situation, we do not plan to sell tickets for this concert exclusively to members residing outside Japan through Live Pocket. We will let you know if we plan to sell tickets in the future depending on the situation.

*For this advance ticket reservation, you will need your membership number and the password you have registered in the fan club.・Membership number: 6-digit number・Password: Password that you have already set

*The first-come, first-served ticketing service is only available for the Chiba: Makuhari Event Hall concert on October 2 (Sat.) and 3 (Sun.), 2021. Please understand beforehand.

=============
ayumi hamasaki ASIA TOUR 2021-2022 A 〜23rd Monster〜
=============

【Performance to be accepted
Oct 2, 2021 (Sat) Chiba: Makuhari Event Hall doors open 16:30 / Concert begins 18:00
October 3, 2021 (Sun) Chiba: Makuhari Event Hall Doors open 15:30 / Concert begins 17:00

Ticket Information
Ticket price: All seats reserved (with glowing fan) 12,000 yen (tax included)
Ticket price: All seats reserved (with glowing fan) 12,000 yen (tax included) (Children under 3 years old are admitted free of charge, but a ticket is required if a seat is needed.)
The shiny fan will be given only to visitors at the venue.
Payment can only be made by credit card.

Application URL
http://r.y-tickets.jp/ayu2104_fc3

Application period
September 29 (Wed), 2021 15:00 - October 1 (Fri), 2021 23:59
The application will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and will be closed when the number of tickets reaches the scheduled number. Please understand beforehand.
Please note that we cannot accept any tickets other than those for Chiba: Makuhari Event Hall.

Payment period
Until 23:59 on October 1, 2021 (Fri)

For inquiries about tickets, please contact
https://info2.y-tickets.jp/inquiry/input

For more details from below!
https://global-fc.net/teamayu/index.php?cID=25531
Old 29th September 2021, 10:47 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
but if you only have one ear stuff with a monitor, it may limit you on what you hear. I don't think none of us have enough knowledge to give in-depth analysis on the matter, but her live singing seems to have been improving since she is using the pre-recorded audio tracks.
I think her voice has improved since she stopped touring non stop and having some real rest tbh.
Old 29th September 2021, 05:46 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

I always thought the exclusion of live band was due to lack of space in the smaller concert halls ayu was performing in the Just the beginning Tour and Trouble tour.. vaguely read it somewhere but I could be wrong.

if ayu reverts to performing in Arenas, it might look odd without a band. Also, I am so done with the choir. Once or twice was good, not all the time haha
Old 29th September 2021, 05:58 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I'll be in favour of the strings and the choir. They can add a nice touch to some songs and even when they don't I am not bothered that much As for the band, it's nice when they're there and if not - I wouldn't say it's worse but simply different. And the tour starts this weekend. I can't wait to see the setlist, the stage and the outfits!
Old 29th September 2021, 06:22 PM
too late Initiate

I'm also in favour of choir and live orchestra. how beautiful you are (the Promised Land one), Voyage, the new arrangement of evolution and Return Road are all superb (hbya in particular is better than the studio version for me). Also the violinist who did a solo performance during an interlude of MUSIC for LIFE is really really talented.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 30th September 2021, 12:53 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternarist View Post
I always thought the exclusion of live band was due to lack of space in the smaller concert halls ayu was performing in the Just the beginning Tour and Trouble tour.. vaguely read it somewhere but I could be wrong.

if ayu reverts to performing in Arenas, it might look odd without a band. Also, I am so done with the choir. Once or twice was good, not all the time haha
That was the reason she initially gave back in 2017 when she did the first tour without them. Since then, she's performed at Yoyogi and Saitama with no band - and a couple of times at smaller venues WITH the band - so that reasoning doesn't hold up. My guess would be that she needed them to commit to a stupid amount of dates and they either didn't want to OR wanted a lot money, because it would mean they aren't able to do any of their own projects.

For me, it was fine for a tour or two... but now I'm just not interested in her lives if she doesn't have a band. Don't get me wrong, I still had fun at the shows, but without the band it's a completely different energy.
Old 30th September 2021, 06:37 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post
There is some speculation that a live band is too much strain on her ears, which might be why she has experimented with performing without them. Namie had some comments about this in the 2010s but I'm not going to go dig for that right now (about her own reasons - she didn't comment on Ayu ).
I remember Namie commenting on this. It was something about her voice wearing out because she was constantly screaming in order to hear herself over the band...which partially makes sense because as far I can tell from the live dvd's she didn't use monitors regularly until around mid 2000's, like around 2004 or 2005 or 2006, something like that, so her voice and her ears would definitely take a lot of strain from it. This definitely could have been fixed with proper ear monitor levels, but we'll probably never hear the whole story and it always bothered me that she ditched the band since the problem she mentioned could have been solved. But Ayu used monitors pretty much from the beginning I think.

Quote:
Very weird theory considering that a performer can decide themself what kind of audio track is playing in their in-ear monitors. You can customize it so that it includes only some of the instruments or has things that the public doesn't hear like that thing that counts the rhytm.
This is very true. They certainly can be adjusted to anything she wants, provided the mixer board has enough output channels for everyone, which I'm positive even if they didn't she would still get one for herself. Just to share an interesting anecdote on this. A professional mix engineer once told me that monitor engineers are supposed to build monitor mixes starting with the singer and then slowly brings the rest of the band up after that. That is to make sure that the singer hears themselves first before the instruments are too loud and thus prevents them from having to scream to hear themselves. However, according to this engineer (so probably take it with a grain of salt, but it could have a lot of truth in it), a lot of mix engineers tend to do the reverse, bringing the band way too loud before bringing the vocals in last, and at that point the singers always ask to be turned UP instead of for everything else to be turned DOWN in their monitor mix ears. After a while of this, ears have adjusted to a mix that is way too hot for continuous touring and will have bad effects over long term. And it contributes to pitchiness and not hearing some instruments correctly if everything is super loud and the vocalist is constantly asking for things to be turned up. Anyway, just my two cents as it was mentioned to me by a mix engineer.

I certainly hope Ayu brings the live band back eventually. It really downgrades the quality of the shows for me and I don't watch or enjoy them as much her shows that had the band there.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 30th September 2021 at 06:50 AM.
Old 30th September 2021, 12:29 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Well if your friend said it it must be true. We should stop speculating about how her hearing condition works and talk about the tour.
Old 30th September 2021, 10:02 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I got the vintage grey tshirt in and it’s actually really cute Tge design of the logo looks … a little better than the digital version lol

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 1st October 2021, 03:34 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Tour starts tomorrow

Chiba: Makuhari Event Hall
10/2 Doors open 16: 30 / Start 18:00
→SOLD OUT
10/3 Doors open 15: 30 / Start 17:00
* Live goods, CDs and DVDs will not be sold.

Last edited by Aderianu; 1st October 2021 at 04:12 PM.
Old 1st October 2021, 06:42 PM
GAME Initiate

can't wait for the first pics
Old 2nd October 2021, 01:11 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Avex knows how to frustrate people going to Ayu’s show. I am at the venue and it has been a real hurdle to enter the venue at digital pass app which generates QR code for entry is crashing with SQL error all the time. After you manage to generate QR code and enter inside you need to figure out where is your seat and it shows it in the same app, just not on the main screen so you need even more luck to survive the crashes. I am fighting for 40 minutes already and still don’t know where is my seat. And I am not the only one it seems…

PS. The staff has passed now announcing that indeed the server is down so getting ticket data is difficult. 申し訳ございません、ご協力をお願いします

Last edited by Ayumi_lover; 2nd October 2021 at 01:22 PM.
Old 2nd October 2021, 01:40 PM
Love song H-Initiate

First check in wallpaper

Old 2nd October 2021, 01:41 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

A Japanese fans said the stage's catwalk like ARENA TOUR 2003-2004
Old 2nd October 2021, 01:53 PM
ayu trance Initiate

It is indeed similar to that. The venue is quite small, after catwalk stage there are around 12 rows in the arena. The start of the show seems to be delayed until most of the people figure out where their seats are. I took a pic of catwalk area, will upload after the show if no one does before me
Old 2nd October 2021, 02:15 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

It looks really nice! I hope the issue gets resolved and everybody can enjoy the show.

Old 2nd October 2021, 02:49 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

01. Dreamed a Dream
02. Last Angel
03. A Song for ××
--------------------
04. Real me
05. Like A Doll
--------------------

Last edited by voguehoney; 2nd October 2021 at 02:52 PM.
Old 2nd October 2021, 02:53 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

06. No Future

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
23rd monster, asia tour, asia tour 2021-2022