AHS Forum Status - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 2nd October 2021, 02:02 AM
Daybreak Guardian

Since none of us have any idea about when (or if) the forum will go down, I highly suggest everyone saves things that are important to them. I imagine AHS is as important to most people as it is for me since there are posts here from when I was a literal teenager and I wouldn't want those to be lost forever.

So go through your stuff and make sure you save anything that you might want to keep for posterity.

And just to respond to some comments regarding a Facebook group: I don't think it's very viable since Facebook isn't most people's favorite platform as of late. Also, many fans wouldn't want to use their accounts full of personal information in there (at least I wouldn't).

I suggest people join the AHS Discord server for any updates. Even if you're a lurker and never say anything, that's where most of the conversations about Ayu and other Asian artists are happening. Also, the link will be unavailable to people once the forum goes down (unless you save it), so it's better to do it now before we lose contact with one another.
Old 2nd October 2021, 04:04 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

AHS, I love you.

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 2nd October 2021, 05:54 AM
Curtain call Initiate

Been here since 2005 and I can’t imagine it going away.
I remember being in middle school and signing up on our school computers because I didn’t have a computer or internet back in the day.
Old 2nd October 2021, 06:48 AM
still alone Initiate

Gonna miss you AHS. This forum has been a mainstay in my life since 2008 (got locked out of my first account lol). The comfort of this site has accompanied me through so many phases in my life, almost all the important ones. Thanks to every single person who contributed to making it what it was - from mods to members.
Old 2nd October 2021, 07:50 AM
rainy day Initiate

I don’t even know where to begin with AHS. There was actually another ayumi forum at first that I preferred to this one. AHS was my backup. But that one went belly-up and thereafter AHS became my bread an butter.

This forum — the news I gathered from it, the discoveries I made because of it, and the expressions of myself I was afforded by it — there are no words.

This space is a manifestation of my mind. I’m sure it is for all of us. The posts we silently read in our heads. The conversations we’ve all partaken in. All withIN us.
It’s SURREAL.

Last edited by Zeke.; 2nd October 2021 at 07:52 AM.
Old 2nd October 2021, 08:12 AM
July 1st Initiate

oh man. I've been here since 2004 (got locked out of my first account), I was a high school student and now I'm doing my doctorate. AHS has been a constant in my life. ayu's was my first fandom and people here really taught me a lot to navigate access to all these content I wouldn't have otherwise known.

I'm just going to say that I'm going to miss coming here. I'm not in a position to download so many of the things I would want to save, and that makes me sadder. thank you for people who have shared and uploaded their collection, especially for the benefit of people who may not be able to afford buying them, like me.

thank you AHS Forum!
Old 2nd October 2021, 09:59 AM
Depend on you Initiate

NOT SO FAST! Scraping all the data right now and stay tuned for the new AHS

Last edited by DavidChaiLatte; 2nd October 2021 at 10:09 AM.
Old 2nd October 2021, 10:59 AM
appears Initiate

Although i'm mostly reading all of the news of Ayu, i really gonna miss this community where we could share opinions and the love of Ayu. I really hope this is not the end of AHS.
Old 2nd October 2021, 12:56 PM
Love song H-Initiate

It's important special place that impacted my life a lot. Nothing will replace this forum.
Old 2nd October 2021, 03:56 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I'm currently having a hard time putting my emotions, so I apologize if this isn't my most well-writtwn post:

I truly hope that AHS will be able to stay. I haven't been on here for nearly as long as most people have but this place has become so important to me over the years. This forum is the one place where I could talk about Ayu to people who love her just as much. This is the place where I was able to learn so much about Ayu by going through old threads or talking to other users. I made friends here that I would have never met otherwise.

I remember how odd (and sometimes scary) it felt when I joined the forum, since pretty much everybody was an adult already. Yet I was able to 'find my place' here thanks to you guys. In a way, this forum has been a part of my personal growth over the past 5 years too. I sure as hell have said a lot of awkward things a couple of years ago, but I wouldn't want to trade this experience.
AHS is simply such an important piece of my life... When I joined, I was still far away from graduating and now I'm in my final year. Most of you have been here for much longer than that, so I can only begin to imagine how others feel about the possibility of AHS going down forever.

If this is really it, then I just want to say thank you to everybody who made this forum what it is. I'm glad I got to experience being a part of AHS for a couple of years – it's been a fun ride.

Old 2nd October 2021, 08:24 PM
SCAR Initiate

AHS was the 4th english ayu forum I found when I discovered her during the CAROLS era in 2004 (after Ayunite!, Tokyo Nights and Ayumi Hamasaki Network, all dead ages ago), many memories come when browsing my posts/threads, it would truly be tragic to lose such an important database...

While I'm not as active as I used to be, ayu is still my #1 artist and I never miss a chance to attend her tours when I'm in Japan or support her (#team-ayu). I truly hope for a mirrorcle to happen that can save this forum, as I'm not planning on moving to discord or any other forum after that (team-ayu messages will stay my only source).

Big thanks to the staff for doing their best to keep this forum alive all these years, I know by experience it's not easy...

Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 2 ~sacrifice~ @ Chiba [2017/11/21]
Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 3 @ Nara [2017/12/03]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/06]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/07]
MUSIC for LIFE ~return~ @ mu-mo LIVE digital streaming [2021/07/01]
Old 2nd October 2021, 08:26 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidChaiLatte View Post

Thank you. Please make it work! Do you have the URL yet?
Old 2nd October 2021, 08:32 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidChaiLatte View Post
I'm currently working on this with DavidChaiLatte. I'd like to ask people to either join the discord for updates on this project, or you can follow this new twitter account which will be used for updates as well. There is no URL available yet, but I'm hopeful whatever happens, we'll have a more stable base we can actually update and work on to help us keep contributing to the overseas Ayu community.
Old 2nd October 2021, 08:42 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^Thank you SO SO much!!!

Old 3rd October 2021, 12:26 AM
too late Initiate

I remember first coming only for the downloads in 2008 but slowly posting time to time within the forum starting with NEXT LEVEL era and remembered how excited everyone was when her albums would get released (except maybe Sunrise/Sunset, I remember quite some rage regarding her covers )

Also the A WORLD IS ONE book that happened just before RnRC and we were closer to Ayu more than before and knowing how kind she was to fans (hugging them and such) was the most surreal feeling ever. I was 15 when I joined AHS and Ayu's music and this community was my little escape when school wasn't so great, I will cherish this forum and hopefully the data can be saved or this forum will not go down just yet
Old 3rd October 2021, 12:45 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

It is so sad see ending of this forum.Still there is hope for new format.

Last edited by Sky High; 3rd October 2021 at 12:47 AM.
Old 3rd October 2021, 12:53 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Hello everyone - apparently today the domain has been renewed until September 28th, 2022. The active mod team still do not have access to the domain payment, so it was luck when I looked it up that I can now see a precise date and renewal period.

This is obviously great news for not suddenly having a gaping hole in the internet where this forum used to be, but the issue still lies that the active team do not have access to pay for the domain, and then there is the bigger issue of not knowing who even pays for our server database... When I asked the sysop about that he didn't even know himself, so that's... a mystery that lurks in the back of my mind every day, I'm not going to lie

So, we're still going ahead and hoping to rebuild a second copy of AHS with the help of DavidChaiLatte, but that means we have more time to figure out how that will go. Progress has been really promising and I hope we can give more updates on that as they come.

I am genuinely sorry for the stress I know this has caused a few of you who have strong attachment to the forum and its history, and I promise if I could have avoided it, I would have. Thank you all for being so responsive about my updates and I still urge anyone reading this to join the discord/follow the twitter account if you want to stay informed of anything in the future if the forum goes down.
Old 3rd October 2021, 01:01 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Thanks a lot for all the effort that You, DavidChaiLatte and others put into this matter. It's hugely appreciated. Looking forward to what the future brings
Old 3rd October 2021, 04:56 AM
Initiate

Thanks all my goodness!
Old 3rd October 2021, 05:24 AM
too late Initiate

We will discover in the future the person who ia renewing AHS domain is... Ayu herself! j/k

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love