17LIVE 4th Anniversary meets 浜崎あゆみ" Singer audition" - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 17th September 2021, 06:32 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 View Post
I think another thing to keep in mind is at the end of the day, this is a tv show. Judges on talent shows are generally given "roles" to fill. The nice judge, the harsh judge, etc. We will have to see what role Ayu is assigned.
Very good point, it's just a show after all, pretty artificial. They also tend to choose contestants for different demographics in talent shows, so that both young people and housewives find someone they like.
Old 17th September 2021, 11:07 PM
Love song H-Initiate

The monster judge
Old 18th September 2021, 12:29 AM
SEASONS Initiate

^lol
Tbh I’d love to see the mean side of Ayu. But probably they’ll portrait her as the ideal woman, perfect, never angry, cute. Fake af. Is japan we’re talking about. It took me some time to notice, but the way they portrait women sometimes is a bit wicked imo.
(I said they’ll portrait but in the end is herself the one choosing lol)
Old 20th September 2021, 03:58 PM
MY STORY Initiate

I thought this is a live concert with her as the main performer. I had no idea it's a singing competition actually.

Also, Ayu being mean/demanding over details doesn't sound very surprising to me as I tend to be that way as well if I'm the leader in a school project for example. I absolutely hate it if things doesn't meet the requirements I have and feel like I should replace anyone who isn’t doing their job quickly enough. I hate this side of me so when I acknowledged it exists, I swore to not to take the boss position even if it was offered to me ever again. Being a Libra sucks sometimes, lol.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 20th September 2021, 06:53 PM
Who... Initiate

Wait a singing competition and ayu as the judge? lol xD

Set by YuriChan

Old 21st September 2021, 06:21 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-michan View Post
Wait a singing competition and ayu as the judge? lol xD
Well, it's not the first time celebrities who can't sing properly are invited to such shows. Britney Spears is one of the examples. Big name is all they need.
Old 21st September 2021, 07:08 PM
too late Initiate

I don't know if singing is the main point of this competition, like The Voice is, but when it comes to pop, there are a lot of categories to be evaluated and I'm pretty sure Ayu is more than capable to do so. Singing is just one part of being a popular artist and even in the "voice" department Ayu can really advise competitors how to convey their feelings while interpreting songs, more than just singing the right notes with precision.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 21st September 2021 at 07:11 PM.
Old 21st September 2021, 08:28 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
Well, it's not the first time celebrities who can't sing properly are invited to such shows. Britney Spears is one of the examples. Big name is all they need.
Britney is a very good singer tho, her real voice is really good.
Old 21st September 2021, 10:48 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by //ABEST View Post
Britney is a very good singer tho, her real voice is really good.
I guess even when she used her natural voice she wasn't "very good". She could sing a lot better than her current situation, but technically she was very unstable (even when she was reaching some belting notes). But she was fine. Her strong point was and still is the capacity of acting through voice in so many ways to portray the right feeling of each song and that's some achievement not many singers can make.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 22nd September 2021 at 09:15 AM.
Old 21st September 2021, 11:33 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the the translation in the official website says they're looking for a new "star/performer", a good singer is not necessarily a good performer, there are many AMAZING singers out there but they're boring af to watch, Ayu is not a legendary vocalist, never was and we know that, but she's an amazing performer and songwriter, her charisma and stage presence is stunning , not many have that, so she's definitely capable to advice an amateur performer in those aspects.

Last edited by Evan Odinson; 21st September 2021 at 11:37 PM.
Old 22nd September 2021, 01:50 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Ayu is more than qualified to give advice in singing, performing and helping young talents in taking their first steps in the music industry. I'm impatiently looking forward to the broadcast
Old 22nd September 2021, 04:01 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the the translation in the official website says they're looking for a new "star/performer", a good singer is not necessarily a good performer, there are many AMAZING singers out there but they're boring af to watch, Ayu is not a legendary vocalist, never was and we know that, but she's an amazing performer and songwriter, her charisma and stage presence is stunning , not many have that, so she's definitely capable to advice an amateur performer in those aspects.
You are right, for example Jlo is a bad singer, but great performer (and good actress) and she was on American Idol as a judge.
Old 22nd September 2021, 09:37 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I guess you guys have the wrong impression.
This audition is an in-app audition, not a regular audition show on TV.
Ayu will only be present as a judge in the final with the top 5 and this will not be broadcasted afaik, if it is like auditions in this app before.
And she's doing one live broadcast in the app to interact with users and participants - pretty much like a Zoom call.
The auditon process to get the top 5 is through the app and its levels, its users.

The main point of the 17Live auditions with famous singers is that the winner gets his first song produced by this artist and his/her team, including promotion.
In this case Yuta Nakano is writing the song for the winner and Ayu and her team is doing the rest (recording, shooting, Ayu as mentor giving advice and so on).
They really try to find new talents, giving them a head start.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 22nd September 2021 at 09:55 AM.
Old 22nd September 2021, 10:57 AM
opening Run Initiate

Thank you for clearing things up, Corvina.
Old 22nd September 2021, 12:23 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Not me thinking it was a The voice kind of thing lol Ariana’s influence I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
True. But I do consider Ayu to be a great vocalist actually. The live performances from 2003-2006 show what she’s capable of, but sadly bad habits added to her hearing problems did not good at all. On the other hand, she has an amazing stage presence, but I don’t think that’s something it can be teach, you either have it or you don’t.
Old 25th September 2021, 07:07 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 View Post
I think another thing to keep in mind is at the end of the day, this is a tv show. Judges on talent shows are generally given "roles" to fill. The nice judge, the harsh judge, etc. We will have to see what role Ayu is assigned.
She will be the judge who needs to revive their career.

A Gwen stefani lol. She is always on tour so I’m sure she’s happy to be in the public’s eye and it being about not just her performing but now giving input so I’m happy for her.
Old 14th October 2021, 12:00 PM
Love song H-Initiate

To commemorate the 17LIVE's 4th anniversary, ayu will hold a 'singer audition'
10/19 20:00~ ayu will appear on live stream

Ask questions to ayu herself by 10/15 15:00 with hashtag #ayuに質問
Old 15th October 2021, 09:36 AM
Love song H-Initiate

17LIVE Special Distribution (https://17.live/ja/profile/r/307169)
*If you follow the account, you can set up to receive the notification as soon as the broadcast starts.
Old 15th October 2021, 04:20 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Let’s bombard her with “are you going to release a damn new original album before 2030?” questions please. Only together we can do this guys.
Never mind, we’ll prolly get an “I don’t know you tell!” kind of answer anyway...
Old 16th October 2021, 02:03 AM
opening Run Initiate

I'd rather have her not release anything at all than release something uninspired and under pressure.

Tags
17live 4th anniversary