~POWER of MUSIC~ 2011 A LIMITED EDITION setlists, photos, and etc. [IV] - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 21st October 2011, 01:32 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Uh, fairyland and monochrome? I think that's about it unless you miss Love song too, lol.

Looking at the setlists; NEVER EVER, UNITE!, and ASFXX were also removed. Ayu, please put them in the "MC" disc~
Old 21st October 2011, 01:35 PM
monochrome Initiate

^ Love song ROCKED it. It was some kind of... "acoustic" version, but at the same time, very rockish and powerful. It was Ayu + Enrique + YO-chan only, if I remember well..
The meaning and the significance of my existence

Old 21st October 2011, 02:32 PM
forgiveness Initiate

I would be so happy that if they decided to put in monochrome in the "MC" disc, I would probably die... A bit at least.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 21st October 2011, 04:30 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by miki_beland View Post
^ Love song ROCKED it. It was some kind of... "acoustic" version, but at the same time, very rockish and powerful. It was Ayu + Enrique + YO-chan only, if I remember well..
Yep it was! I really adored the arrangement!!

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Old 21st October 2011, 05:15 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Not samba... neither brazillian...

To me it sounds more like... Salsa? This genre of music is very common in Latin America, but not all that much in Brazil...

Like this Thalia live after 1:35

Samba has a few subgenres, I don't really know them into deep, but those are some samba songs, both traditional and more experiemental:

Nothing like Vogue...
ahaha thank you those salsa samba and bossa nova got mixed in my head now thank to Ayu

she really needs to put all the new arrangment songs in the DVD

PS: i love Thalia too!! thanx for the vid
Old 21st October 2011, 06:37 PM
Dolls Initiate

Isn't the pink dress she weard for the songs with Urata und Juno the one, she also weared for the Premiere of the R'N'R Tour in 3D in Cinema... I think it was in HongKOng?
And by the way.. I totaly dislike the arrangements with the Saxophones and the Trompets. I prefer the nornal one's.
Old 21st October 2011, 10:34 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

I hope she'll release remix album like [A POWER OF MUSIC] lol
I really like the new arrangement, OMG. XD
Old 22nd October 2011, 02:16 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

i'm wrong or is the last track at limited edition
a song is born ~ Thank U ~ a song is born?

really great rearrange to M, Bold & Delicious, Far away and Mirrorcle World...
last one has to get a release ^^

and i'm really happy to see Cather in the Light and WONDERLAND from MY STORY ~Classical~

MY FAKE AYU COVER 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

~MY AYU COLLECTION~
Boys & Girls | A (gold) | LOVEppears (2CD) | vogue | Far away | SEASONS | SURREAL | M | YOU (2001)
the other side 2 | the other side 3 | NEVER EVER | Endless Sorrow | a song is born | Free & Easy | Voyage
tsuki ni shizumo | & | Depend on You (german) | Moments (+DVD) | CAROLS (+DVD) | Naturally (german)
MY STORY | appears (german) | STEPyou/is this LOVE? (+DVD) | MY STORY ~Classical~ | fairyland (+DVD)
Bold & Delicious/Pride (+DVD) | (miss)understood | Startin'/Born To Be... (+DVD) | BLUE BIRD (+DVD B) | GUILTY
ayu-mi-x 6 -SILVER- | ayu-mi-x 6 -GOLD- | Mirrorcle World (YOU) | Days/GREEN | GREEN/Days (+DVD Box)
NEXT LEVEL (+DVD 1st Pr.) | Sunrise/Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ | Sunrise/Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ (+DVD) | You were.../BALLAD
You were.../BALLAD (+DVD) | BALLAD/You were... (+DVD) | Rock 'n' Roll Circus (+DVD & Photobook)

Old 22nd October 2011, 03:48 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Favorites: vogue, Far Away, Mirrorcle World

These new arrangements are absolutely amazing. And I hope from now on, she will have orchestra (strings, brass, woodwind) at all her concerts...
Old 22nd October 2011, 05:15 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

M, Mirrorcle world is so lovely
Vogue is a big suprise!!!

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 22nd October 2011, 07:36 AM
Initiate

The new arrangements were really amazing and all the songs got an epic instrumental performance.
But i think everyone is overrating Ayu's vocals. They were good in some parts of the concert, but overall they were as always. I really disliked M vocally. They were good in vogue~far away~SEASONS and forgiveness, but that acapella intro was one of the most embarrasing and ridiculous moments ever
Old 22nd October 2011, 10:22 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly Zerase View Post
The new arrangements were really amazing and all the songs got an epic instrumental performance.
But i think everyone is overrating Ayu's vocals. They were good in some parts of the concert, but overall they were as always. I really disliked M vocally. They were good in vogue~far away~SEASONS and forgiveness, but that acapella intro was one of the most embarrasing and ridiculous moments ever
That acapella intro belonged to Ayu's best vocal performances ever. Don't mistake the weird sound singing acapella on a mic in a big hall will make for a bad performance.
Old 22nd October 2011, 10:52 AM
Initiate

^ I don't think that was Ayu's best performance ever xD. It was probably one of the bests since 2008, but any performance before sounded better. And in my opinion the chorus lacked of power
Old 22nd October 2011, 11:27 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly Zerase View Post
^ I don't think that was Ayu's best performance ever xD. It was probably one of the bests since 2008, but any performance before sounded better. And in my opinion the chorus lacked of power
I didn't write best, I wrote one of the best. She got a handful performances that beat this - all before her hearing went too bad. It sounded better than anything not recorded at the 2005 and 2003 a-nations and AT05 pretty much. And an acapella is always much harder than singing the song with music so it was quite impressive. Better than the A Museum A Song for XX acapella though forgiveness is a much harder song.

You have to consider that a) forgiveness is one of Ayumi's hardest songs, a song she wasn't even able to sing well when she released it, a song that goes out of her natural range and her range is smaller now than it was before, and b) this is an unedited performance that starts off in a way that you hear every tiny flaw and has a bad mix. Yet this performance was almost flawless vocally(not completely perfect but few people in pop could sing this song better) until she went a bit flat towards the end. And how the hell should she have sung the chorus with more power? o.0 Look at the melody, it's not one you can sing much more powerfully without sounding ridiculous. The reason this didn't sound powerful enough to you probably is the mix rather than her actual vocals.
Old 22nd October 2011, 01:08 PM
Don't look back Initiate

i just heard forgiveness..i honestly ADORE the softer parts and also wish she didnt sound so strong on some of the higher notes..I know she wants to show the power of the song and the song is extremely powerful but some of her words..like her "a"s and "o"s and "yeah"s sounded a lil harsh and flat to me..if she would lighten the force i think it would sound much better.
but that arrangement was so beautiful..i could feel the emotions from just that performance alone. the music. the voice.
Old 22nd October 2011, 01:40 PM
UNITE! Initiate

I also think that forgiveness was one of her best performances ever.
It was simply stunning the way she handled the notes and everything! The acapella beginning was awesome, even with the broken english it sounded so beautiful.
Old 22nd October 2011, 01:47 PM
Initiate

Wow I just realised that evolution is half song version.
Old 22nd October 2011, 02:21 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
I didn't write best, I wrote one of the best. She got a handful performances that beat this - all before her hearing went too bad. It sounded better than anything not recorded at the 2005 and 2003 a-nations and AT05 pretty much. And an acapella is always much harder than singing the song with music so it was quite impressive. Better than the A Museum A Song for XX acapella though forgiveness is a much harder song.

You have to consider that a) forgiveness is one of Ayumi's hardest songs, a song she wasn't even able to sing well when she released it, a song that goes out of her natural range and her range is smaller now than it was before, and b) this is an unedited performance that starts off in a way that you hear every tiny flaw and has a bad mix. Yet this performance was almost flawless vocally(not completely perfect but few people in pop could sing this song better) until she went a bit flat towards the end. And how the hell should she have sung the chorus with more power? o.0 Look at the melody, it's not one you can sing much more powerfully without sounding ridiculous. The reason this didn't sound powerful enough to you probably is the mix rather than her actual vocals.
If you watch ayuready when she performed Forgiveness, she was spot on. This tour is her best vocally, but Forgiveness was kind of a let down... The acapella is good, but not as good as the A Song for XX from A Museum. And yeah, you are definitely right. A bad mix ruins great vocals.
Old 22nd October 2011, 02:28 PM
I am... Initiate

OK I haven't seen that forgiveness performance at ayuready so I can't judge it. But I definitely see this one above the others I've seen except for a-nation 03. But a-nation 03 was probably her best vocal performance overall in my opinion so...yeah.
What I really disagree on is the A Song for XX acapella being better. She hit the notes better but it also was much, much easier. The forgiveness acapella is really, really hard though. I'm surprised she even decided to sing it acapella at all.
Old 22nd October 2011, 02:48 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

That recording of forgiveness acapella a few pages back was just so beautiful. I'm a little late but only just listened to it.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, hotel love songs, power of music, power of music 2011