New song [Microphone] Preview Honda Spark CM!! - Page 12 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th February 2010, 04:19 PM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
completely original stuff doesnt exist because humans are humans, we can't be original, everything we do is inspired by something we know
you needn't apply that hardliner definition to everything.
Old 11th February 2010, 04:21 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

That connection with old songs sounds nice, but I prefer new stuff.
I agree, completely original stuff almost doesn't exist anymore maybe she can do different songs like Sparkle.
That, was really original from her

btw I'm looking forward the long preview (or the annoying ringtone parts meh)
Hoping to won't be disappointed like with Sunset lol.

Last edited by Kazeyomi; 11th February 2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11th February 2010, 04:27 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
completely original stuff doesnt exist because humans are humans, we can't be original, everything we do is inspired by something we know
Mhh I do'nt know... I think you can take inspiration while you're creating original stuff.
One example : Bold & Delicious might not be really original in itself, but in ayu's discography, it's Unique.
That's why I loved (miss)understood for example, it's not really cohesive as an album, but when I listened to it I was really amazed. It sounded so original. Sparkle is another example. There is inspired things like that which are original (to some extent of course).

But I also think that you can create brand new things, with inspiration or not (that's what I'm trying to do right now). Yet, it is really difficult, and it is more difficult as time goes on.
Old 11th February 2010, 04:29 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post
But I also think that you can create brand new things, with inspiration or not (that's what I'm trying to do right now). Yet, it is really difficult, and it is more difficult as time goes on.
No, that' impossible for a human, we can't do what we don't know yet, it's the way our brains work. You can combine things you know, but it will never be brand new or completely original, it can be different from what you have done before, but that's about it.
Old 11th February 2010, 04:45 PM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
No, that' impossible for a human, we can't do what we don't know yet, it's the way our brains work. You can combine things you know, but it will never be brand new or completely original, it can be different from what you have done before, but that's about it.
I agree with you for all kind of art. Human music was inspired by bird music by example. Anyway, the only things they could invent by themselves is weapon and some stuff as needle to do clothes.
Old 11th February 2010, 04:50 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
I agree with you for all kind of art. Human music was inspired by bird music by example. Anyway, the only things they could invent by themselves is weapon and some stuff as needle to do clothes.
So... you can create original things?
I don't share this conception of art. It's a matter of inspiration, of course. But inspiration can lead to originality. If this concept doesn't exist, why is it it used so often? Why this word even exist?

Quote:
When the first humans drew on rocks with animal blood, don't tell me that was not original...

I don't want to go off topic that much, but I think it's interesting to talk about such things.

Last edited by hidekirby; 11th February 2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11th February 2010, 04:53 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

^ they knew that blood leaves traces, the knew the traces were left on stones as well and they knew how things looked, all elements were known, they only combined them

The word "original" is just a little wrongly defined, completel originality isn't possible, only something that is near being it. You could already say for music it's impossible because music consists of notes and that's something every single song out there has in common.
Old 11th February 2010, 04:56 PM
count down Initiate

interesting talk of human originality from a 15-sec preview of a new Ayu song...

well, reinventing is itself another form of "originality" if you look at it, so...

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 11th February 2010, 04:56 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
^ they knew that blood leaves traces, the knew the traces were left on stones as well and they knew how things looked, all elements were known, they only combined them.
Yeah, I completely agree...

So in fact,it is the conception of "originality" that is questionable. We seem to don't have the same conception of it. Being inspired can lead to creating original things for me.
So I just hope this album will turns out to be original (to some extent yes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
interesting talk of human originality from a 15-sec preview of a new Ayu song...
Haha yeah, I know ^^. but isn't it better than "this song seems good/bad" on 12 pages ? Haha.

Quote:
well, reinventing is itself another form of "originality" if you look at it, so...
I agree!

Last edited by hidekirby; 11th February 2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11th February 2010, 05:04 PM
winding road Initiate

Quote:

This is exactly what I believe. All originality is really reinvention, and that's what I think Ayu means when she says the album has a feeling of the old !

Old 11th February 2010, 05:04 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Indeed. However I don't see the need for Ayu to re-invent herself She isn't an average pop star and imo, she doesn't need to follow the trends just so she could be hip and poppy with the kids

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 11th February 2010, 05:05 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post
Yeah, I completely agree...

So in fact,it is the conception of "originality" that is questionable. We seem to don't have the same conception of it. Being inspired can lead to creating original things for me.
So I just hope this album will turns out to be original (to some extent yes).
that pretty much sums it up
Old 11th February 2010, 05:11 PM
Naturally Initiate

Now I'm really really really anxious about the new album. I already was before but now because it feels a bit closer I'm getting more and more excited about it.

The song sounds really cool; I have a feeling this album is going to have a hint of a rock element to it, maybe something like MY STORY. It'd be great if it was because MY STORY was the first album I fell in love with. I really look forward to this; the song kinda reminds me of kiss o' kill but something about it reminds me of GAME also.

I have loads of hope for this album, go Ayu!
Old 11th February 2010, 05:11 PM
count down Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Indeed. However I don't see the need for Ayu to re-invent herself She isn't an average pop star and imo, she doesn't need to follow the trends just so she could be hip and poppy with the kids
She could always reinvent herself so she would improve... or at least that's what I feel lol. Staying in the same spot all the way wouldn't help in anything and that is unfortunately I've been feeling from her ever since 2007.

This new year, however, is spelling new directions (in a way) for her music so I'm really excited i.e. announce the new album already!

Old 11th February 2010, 05:14 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ well for me, NEXT LEVEL was kinda new and different, at least compared to GUILTY. Sunrise was something fresh as well. I wouldn't really want her to change musical directions, as I am really fine with her being influenced by rock music as besides GACKT and her, no other jpop artist does it so well.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 11th February 2010, 05:21 PM
count down Initiate

^ different musical styles and genres but almost everything else has been similar/stagnant, no?

and she doesn't need (nor do I want her) to go for a drastic change as well... R&B/Hip-Hop Ayu... lol

Old 11th February 2010, 05:25 PM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Reinvention is the difference between an average popstar and an amazing popstar. An amazing popstar is able to reinvent themselves, and Ayu's done that almost every album

Old 11th February 2010, 05:27 PM
No way to say Initiate

Omgomgomg I love the song name!!! *_* I am sooooooo excited for this new album now!!!!!!! *squeals*
Old 11th February 2010, 05:31 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
I don't think Ayu will ever do that. If she cared about that, I'm sure she would have done it a long time ago. And reinvention doesn't have to mean "going mainstream to impress poppy teens," it could be redefining herself and creating something different from within herself. You know, progressing and growing as an artist. I think (or I hope) she's bringing all of the elements throughout her career together to make this album. What some may see as "recycled" could really be elements from songs coming together. Some say Microphone sounds like T2M, Marionette and Kiss 'o Kill. What if it's all of those elements together? Or Sunrise being elements of all of her summer songs, BALLAD being elements of all of her oriental etc etc etc. Some people are ALWAYS complaining that they want Ayu to return to her old style of music. She might be actually doing it this time. Incorporating old with new! I don't know about you all but I'm super excited!
Old 11th February 2010, 05:31 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ I guess ^^. Well I sure am excited as well and can't wait for more news on the new album.

@GRACE - well I don't think she has re-invented herself truly with every album, but with every 2 albums or so, she sure did (I mean Memorial Address/MY STORY could work well as one and it's almost the same with (miss)understood and Secret), so yeah, I do agree to a certain extent. I guess the fact that she releases so often is to be blamed.

Quote:
^ different musical styles and genres but almost everything else has been similar/stagnant, no?

and she doesn't need (nor do I want her) to go for a drastic change as well... R&B/Hip-Hop Ayu... lol
Well I don't think GUILTY's and NEXT LEVEL's lyrics had similar themes? GUILTY was more about life and death xD While NEXT LEVEL had a more positive and straightforward note to it. I am not even sure what CAN she change

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 11th February 2010 at 05:33 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, honda, microphone, zest spark