You were... / BALLAD information and covers [VIII] - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th December 2009, 02:23 AM
JEWEL Initiate

D':

That PV totally made me cry! I'm still teary! Definitely her best PV in a LONG LONG LONG time! I didn't even think anything could top You were... for me but BALLAD came as a very pleasant surprise! This single IS her best single for me since HEAVEN. I can not wait for my copy of this single, and I usually don't buy singles since they'll be on the album, but this single is definitely worth the money! >_<; *cries some more*

Omg why is today such an awesome day?
Old 11th December 2009, 02:27 AM
winding road Initiate

The world Shuya was in felt more like purgatory then a dream world. It was like he was waiting for the time he could die almost

Old 11th December 2009, 02:29 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE View Post
The world Shuya was in felt more like purgatory then a dream world. It was like he was waiting for the time he could die almost
Maybe, but it wouldn't make sense for him to still be in a hospital bed if he was still alive... though who really knows. Maybe his coma-world was like purgatory. It's all in the mind of the person who creates it for themselves.
Old 11th December 2009, 02:33 AM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesteral View Post
Maybe, but it wouldn't make sense for him to still be in a hospital bed if he was still alive... though who really knows. Maybe his coma-world was like purgatory. It's all in the mind of the person who creates it for themselves.
we don't know how alive he is, for all we know, he could be brain dead

Old 11th December 2009, 02:33 AM
Curtain call Initiate

omg ewww the first thing is see is shuya yuck!

i don't like the pv but i do love the song and how ayu looked like
she looked gorgeous

I'm glad that the old ayu is back but what she needs to do is kick shuya to the curve
Old 11th December 2009, 02:39 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Seems like Ayu was writing those letters after the accident because she feels guilty about the whole thing, but then why would he be stuck in that field with all of those clocks/letters?

Nice PV with lots of pretty Ayu. [3 looks! HURRAH.]
Old 11th December 2009, 02:50 AM
ourselves Initiate

ok, for some reason,at the beginning i'm giggling because when Shuya posted the letter we can see the "cat postman" reminds me of the poor black cats, >.< , but i have goosebumps when it turn out to be Shuya himself.

but i dun understand why would he sent the letter to himself?in the grass field?

and woooowww! ayu is georgous,i like it when she fell on the road and in the pink dress!
but still like they focuse more on shuya,not Ayu!
Old 11th December 2009, 02:54 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRos View Post
omg ewww the first thing is see is shuya yuck!

I'm glad that the old ayu is back but what she needs to do is kick shuya to the curve
You are too funny

I was thinking of that too

So after watching the video TWICE!, I kinda like it but, in a way I kinda disappointed (Please don't kill me, lol). I was hoping for something along the line of PoM, but it wasn't. One thing I loved about the PV is Ayu's beauty . But whatever, I'll probably changed my mind once I see the HQ version I guess.
Old 11th December 2009, 03:01 AM
Far away Initiate

I love the setting where Ayu is wearing that gorgeous dress.She's like SO beautiful there.
Saw Shu-Ya inside but that doesn't change my love towards the PV.(commend him on his non-skunk hair) .

It has been a long since I last love ayu pvs
Old 11th December 2009, 03:06 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I think, like someone already said, the letters that Shuya received is letters or even words that Ayu said/wrote while waiting for him beside his bed, and for Shuya's letter which cant be sent is because he trying to communicate with Ayu but he just cant cos he still in coma. And about Shuya stuck in place with full of clocks, maybe it means time is all that matter for a people who is in coma, either he will wake up or just die, but time will decide for it. About Ayu in heaven-like place,well IMO it doesent relate with the story, it just a place for her to "sing". Sorry if this is a bad interpretation

set by CHERRIM

Old 11th December 2009, 03:06 AM
Don't look back Initiate

I'm so glad the news clip did NOT reveal the...real climatic moment, which was when Shuya sees himself. GOsh, what a wonderful PV. Plot, Symbolism, Emotion.
I'm so glad Ayu had a hand in the direction in this.

I think Shuya is in coma. The words he send out definitely cannot reach Ayu. I'm thinking those letter he even receive are what he wrote himself? Those letters by the bedside, could Ayu really see them? They just landed at the window in a mess. I feel like, Ayu can't really see them.
I love the clock scene. At first when they showed ONE clock, I was thinking,"Wow what a bizarre clock" and then there were more. Could it mean uncertainty? There's no fixed time in Shuya's world (he can leave anytime but he's holding on so that he can speak with Ayu).

About Shuya being the centre of the PV, he definitely is. Without him (and I think he acted REALLY WELL..Ayu said he portrayed emotions very well so she keeps using him...kudos to him), it really needed THAT acting though i feel. I don't get how it links to the Ayu in outer space though..She seems to be waiting for his letters...through the water? (I had this weird imagination that she sends letters down to him via the pond)

I shall talk about Ayu now. SHE IS SO PRETTY! The green eyeshadows remind me of the Scawaii photoshoot she did..last year? this year? And I love the whole scenery she was in. Biker Ayu looked amazing! esp the scene with her face alone.

This is a really great PV.
and I actually sense Ishii's flavour in it.

Last edited by freedreamer; 11th December 2009 at 03:11 AM.
Old 11th December 2009, 03:11 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

still waiting for the better quality
i think we'll understand more after watching MQ or even HQ

Old 11th December 2009, 03:22 AM
Initiate

This pv made me love the song even more and compared to You weres pv its so easy to understand what the video is about.
Old 11th December 2009, 03:27 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Shuiya is on coma... the entire PV is a dream he is having on coma...

he is trying to comunicate to Ayu but he can't cuz he can't awake
on his dreamland, ayu is a goddess, cuz she is the love of his life
and he is waiting for her to come back to him, but she will not cuz he is stuck inside himself...

nice video, btw... really liked it^^

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

ayu-mi-x Initiate

maybe ayu appearing in heaven was how he envisioned her. somewhere far away. maybe he was thinking she was the one who had died/was in a coma, but by the end of the pv he realized it was himself.
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyreen View Post
I think, like someone already said, the letters that Shuya received is letters or even words that Ayu said/wrote while waiting for him beside his bed, and for Shuya's letter which cant be sent is because he trying to communicate with Ayu but he just cant cos he still in coma. And about Shuya stuck in place with full of clocks, maybe it means time is all that matter for a people who is in coma, either he will wake up or just die, but time will decide for it. About Ayu in heaven-like place,well IMO it doesent relate with the story, it just a place for her to "sing". Sorry if this is a bad interpretation
no,it's good i understand the PV better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
I'm so glad the news clip did NOT reveal the...real climatic moment, which was when Shuya sees himself. GOsh, what a wonderful PV. Plot, Symbolism, Emotion.

I think Shuya is in coma. The words he send out definitely cannot reach Ayu. I'm thinking those letter he even receive are what he wrote himself? Those letters by the bedside, could Ayu really see them? They just landed at the window in a mess. I feel like, Ayu can't really see them.
I love the clock scene. At first when they showed ONE clock, I was thinking,"Wow what a bizarre clock" and then there were more. Could it mean uncertainty? There's no fixed time in Shuya's world (he can leave anytime but he's holding on so that he can speak with Ayu).

I shall talk about Ayu now. SHE IS SO PRETTY! The green eyeshadows remind me of the Scawaii photoshoot she did..last year? this year? And I love the whole scenery she was in. Biker Ayu looked amazing! esp the scene with her face alone.

yea just agree 100% with you've said.just maybe someone could explain more about those letters on the floor in the hospital? seems like Ayu didn't see them..nwey what is Ishhii??

and i'd say that this PV is the beginning of the story behind the You were..Pv where we can see that after he lover died, Ayu's so lonely and sad. she kept on remembering all the memories that they had together.Lastly she decided to keep on living by herself no matter what happen cos LIVE MUST GO ON!

Hontouni Sugggooooiii Ayu! this single is just awesome! this is for Ayu and her stuffs

PS: close one eye and pretending that guy wasn't Shuya,mybe Maro cos ayu is soo beautiful
Old 11th December 2009, 03:34 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
I totally felt the symbolic purgatory Shuya was in, for once I liked him in something :O

I mean, I'd rather someone else, but wow. And Ayu, when you're not over dramatic it's awesome.

imo, her best PV in a LONG time
Agree.
Ayu's acting in the PV is awesome.
Old 11th December 2009, 04:06 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post

About Shuya being the centre of the PV, he definitely is. Without him (and I think he acted REALLY WELL..Ayu said he portrayed emotions very well so she keeps using him...kudos to him), it really needed THAT acting though i feel. I don't get how it links to the Ayu in outer space though..She seems to be waiting for his letters...through the water? (I had this weird imagination that she sends letters down to him via the pond)

I love your interpretation!

About the "outer space" part though... I have something to add:
I think it definitely relates. I think that part is Shuya's image of the real world. That's why he's down in the pond. That Ayu in 'outer space' is Ayu outside of Shuya's mind sitting by the bedside, I think. At the end when they show her by the bed side, it's the reality of his image.

And It was like the letters he received from her were her actual words to him from his bedside. After she sent "Please stay with me." it was like she was willing him to stay alive. She even held out that blooming flower in his dream world at that point that seemed to symbolize the gift of life to me.

I think that's why Ayu is so gorgeous in that part too-- because to him her beauty would be exaggerated.

Make sense?

Quote:
I totally felt the symbolic purgatory Shuya was in, for once I liked him in something :O

I mean, I'd rather someone else, but wow. And Ayu, when you're not over dramatic it's awesome.

imo, her best PV in a LONG time
This. This. This.

Last edited by amorphose; 11th December 2009 at 04:19 AM.
Old 11th December 2009, 04:26 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

BALLAD PV IS REALLY GOOD, not just good...ITS SUPERB, not just superb...ITS GODDESS CREATION!!!
wow...i'm so amaze, its been a long time, since i got a chilled when watching ayu PV, a lot of emotion, my body trembling a lot...its just SO WOW!!! in this LQ quality its already give me a chills...can't wait for HQ...
shuya and ayu acting is so good...especially shuya..i give him 10 for his acting...
the effect, everything is so perfect, ayu looks GORGEOUS like goddess!!!

if there is somebody here, complain about this PV, i think that person need to stop come here and stop being ayu fans...

and if there is someone say that this pv is cheap, that person is crazy!!!

watch out!!! ayu is back!!!

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Last edited by AyuGAME; 11th December 2009 at 04:34 AM.
Old 11th December 2009, 04:32 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

Wow....I'm just so blown away, I totally forgot about You were...'s PV...cause BALLAD's is much more amazing! I was so scared that Ayu will act too overdramatic! But she didn't! Only just a little bit during the motorcycle crash

The only compliant I have is...I wish the cats looked better
No..in fact I wish there wasn't any cats~ I mean to die from a motorcycle accident because of cats....at least use bigger animals lol

But Ayu just looked so gorgeous~ And I'm glad she wasn't the lead role, it focused more on Shuya~ (which I'm glad he dyed his hair!)

So symbolic ♥ I think with this single, I can really forget that S/S existed lol
Closed Thread

Tags
ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, red line ~for ta~, single, team ayu, you were.../ballad