You were... / BALLAD information and covers [IX] - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 22nd December 2009, 06:33 PM
immature Initiate

I think for the first time ever I can say I don't care for an Ayu song. You were... just doesn't do it for me, it sounds too ballad generic for Ayu, not special in any shape or form. The lyrics might be typical Ayu which of course I love, but the music just doesn't do it justice. BALLAD is the better song and I have yet to hear RED LINE... but if its another ballad, I was really hoping for a non-ballad song. HOWEVER... I hope its a gooooood ballad that makes up for You were...

I keep hoping it'll grow on me but for now it hasn't. =\
Old 22nd December 2009, 07:04 PM
GAME Initiate

Just read some impressions of RED LINE on 2ch~

- People seem to prefer it over both You were.../BALLAD
- Reminds them of early Ayu
- There is much less vibrato than in You were.../BALLAD
- People think it would fit nicely as ending song in concerts
- "Replace"-type arrangement
Old 22nd December 2009, 07:09 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post

Wow I want to hear it >_<

If 2ch's people say that it's good while nothing is never good for them it must be good... XD

Thanks!
Old 22nd December 2009, 07:13 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth
Reminds them of early Ayu
I'm so excited right now, I wonder what they mean by that! I love Replace's arrangement, I hope it's little heavier on the quitar side though xD

BRILLIANCE

Old 22nd December 2009, 07:15 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post

So RED LINE will sounds like Replace. That's interesting
Yay finally a happy song!

Old 22nd December 2009, 07:18 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Replace belongs to her worst songs IMO...well, whatever, only the arrangements are said to be similar
Old 22nd December 2009, 07:18 PM
Heartplace Initiate

wow... better than You were and BALLAD???

IF it's so,, I'll cry because this song will be left like a bleeeh b-side and maybe deserves to be in the album more than other songs... -_____-

though I hope only the arrangement is simmilar to Replace because I don't like this song... I may have heard it 2/3 times...

want to hear itt!!! c'mon!!! before AHS go dead!!! xD

How to join Team Ayu! ~

Old 22nd December 2009, 07:36 PM
Initiate

It sounds like Replace!? Holy crap, that's seriously the first song that popped into my head whenever I was trying to picture what each song would sound like! :O So if my other predictions are true.....this'll be a great song! Very excited now!!
Old 22nd December 2009, 08:07 PM
still alone Initiate

so excited! i love Replace and those kind of songs

♫set by ownsarai♫
☆We are One, A World is One☆
♥ayu i love you with MY ALL♥

Old 22nd December 2009, 08:10 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
What does namie's album sales has to do with ayu's single's sales though? XD

And I'm glad that the double week and ayu's singles will be next week. She will 100% get #1 since kanjani8's 2nd + 3rd weeks are lower than ayu's 1st day sales. XD (specially when their singles are limited).
So yeah, no threat for ayu.
We still don't know if the single will show up on store shelves before the 29th. If it does, as it has typically been the case in the past in Dec. then that does not work in her favor.
Old 22nd December 2009, 08:10 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

something like Replace? ew -_- I want something like Life <3
but better wait for a leak to know how exactly it sounds..

IG | YT | PR

Old 22nd December 2009, 08:13 PM
sending mail Initiate

Anytime now >_<

Old 22nd December 2009, 08:27 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNsTyLe
Alot. If Namie sells good, alot of buyers might buy her album rather than this single. Also many people can't afford both, and might go for Namie instead because of the hype and good sales.
Of course all hardcore fans will buy Ayu's music anyways, but the target is always to get those maybe-people to buy it (just like in politics with undecided voters), to always reach more people. hardcore Ayu fans will buy anything she makes.
You're presuming that both share a similar/same fan base, which is most likely far from being true, you could as well presume that the fans of all the boybands are the same people which would mean they are more than willing to spend their money on all those singles. It's obvious that You were... has no troubles attracting the casual listeners as the ringtone is still in top3 after a month since it's release. Another thing is that casual listeners rarely buy physical releases nowdays which means that those who are "undecided" will most likely just purchase the tracks digitally. In other words what you're saying makes little to no sense mostly because we have no idea to what extent do their fan bases overlap.

Just because we the non Japanese jpop fans listen to many female artists and that many female artists come in package for us that doesn't mean it's the same in Japan (in fact from what I've heard I am sure it's not).

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 22nd December 2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 22nd December 2009, 08:43 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
We still don't know if the single will show up on store shelves before the 29th. If it does, as it has typically been the case in the past in Dec. then that does not work in her favor.
But GUILTY for example was still released on Tuesday (and it was in stores a week before).
This time ayu's single isn't out yet so it most likely be in stores on next Monday/Tuesday and it will say that the double week starts.
Unless if it will be released on a random day.
I mean for what reason avex wouldn't take the advantage of the whole week if it starts this week and will be released after a few days?

GUILTY was releaed prior to its release date but it still had full 2 weeks and not a week +3-4 days.

Is there a way to notice/know soon if the double week starts this week or the next? =P

Last edited by ayumisrael; 22nd December 2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:11 PM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
But GUILTY for example was still released on Thurstday (and it was in stores a week before).
This time ayu's single isn't out yet so it most likely be in stores on next Monday/Tuesday and it will say that the double week starts.
I mean for what reason avex wouldn't take the advantage of the whole week if it starts this week and will be released after a few days?

GUILTY was releaed prior to its release date but it still had full 2 weeks and not a week +3-4 days.

Is there a way to notice/know soon if the double week starts this week or the next? =P
Yes, the NINKI is for this week only, not for the two weeks. Therefore, the double week is next week

Old 22nd December 2009, 09:38 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
You're presuming that both share a similar/same fan base, which is most likely far from being true, you could as well presume that the fans of all the boybands are the same people which would mean they are more than willing to spend their money on all those singles. It's obvious that You were... has no troubles attracting the casual listeners as the ringtone is still in top3 after a month since it's release. Another thing is that casual listeners rarely buy physical releases nowdays which means that those who are "undecided" will most likely just purchase the tracks digitally. In other words what you're saying makes little to no sense mostly because we have no idea to what extent do their fan bases overlap.

Just because we the non Japanese jpop fans listen to many female artists and that many female artists come in package for us that doesn't mean it's the same in Japan (in fact from what I've heard I am sure it's not).

Read my post once more... That is exactly what I wrote. It is not existing fans that are important in sales, it's capturing new audience, gather new listeners. And you can't really say Ayu and Namie don't have the same fans, how can you know? I bet there are alot of those 127 million people that like both Ayu and Namie.

Of course it plays a role whether your biggest competitor releases an album or single ther same time as you do, artits always try to avoid that, and it is for a reason. Namie's album has been out for some weeks, so I don't really see the competition with Ayu's single this time, just someone else mentioned it. Don't you think Ayu and her management are paying close attention to which other artists release music the same date she does? And I can assure you, they keep good count of Namie's sales.

Also, whether you purchase digitally or buy physical copies does not matter. The dough rolls in anyways.

Last edited by FuNsTyLe; 22nd December 2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:41 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNsTyLe View Post
Read my post once more. That is exactly what I wrote. It is not existing fans that are important in sales, it's capturing new audience, gather new listeners. And you can't really say Ayu and Namie don't have the same fans, how can you know? I bet there are alot of those 127 million people that like both Ayu and Namie.
I didn't say they do - I said there is no way to know. Namie's album will already be 2+ weeks old once Ayu's single gets out, considering that You were... is doing better than all the songs from PAST<FUTURE together on Recochoku, it's quite logical that an album that was released more than half a month ago won't affect the sales in any way especially considering it hasn't affected anyone else's sales so far. I am not even sure why would someone bring this up as it makes no sense...

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 22nd December 2009, 09:42 PM
Heartplace Initiate

^^ I never understood why he says that either. Sure, they probably don't share the same exact hardcore fan base, but they probably share all the same CASUAL listeners. Pop fans are really not as exclusive as he seems to think. XD
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:44 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
But GUILTY for example was still released on Tuesday (and it was in stores a week before).

We will just have to wait and see. If it does release in stores on the 29th, that will be the first time that I remember that something at the end of December was actually in stores on its release date only. Even if thats the case though, it will still at least somewhat hurt her sales due to the fact that not all record stores will be open over New Years (which is the entire reason why the releases show up a few days before). Luckily for her though, if it does get released the 29th and she loses a couple days of sales because of store closures, she doesn't really have any competition that week.
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:52 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
^^ I never understood why he says that either. Sure, they probably don't share the same exact hardcore fan base, but they probably share all the same CASUAL listeners. Pop fans are really not as exclusive as he seems to think. XD
Not really, their album and single sales tend to differ. Ayu's a better single seller atm => means she has more hard core fans. Namie is currently selling more albums => she is currently more popular as we all know. I guess if someone would take the time to screen cap the BEST ARTIST 2005 (I am not sure if Namie has performed on there after that?) charts for Namie and Ayu it would be the easiest way to check the age and gender of their fans/listeners. Also, remember those Oricon polls, Namie was mostly voted by females. So considering that after all they do generally sing about different things and handle their music differently I don't think they share a lot of fans nor casual listeners (127 million people is imo a lot...). That's how I think at least.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, hamasaki, red line ~for ta~, single, team ayu, you were.../ballad