Ayu on Oriental Daily 3/12/2004 - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 8th December 2004, 11:05 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldonia
Copying Christina? Please. Christina is an all-out skank, Ayu is not. Psh.
An "all-out skank" with an all-out amazing voice. Some of you are such hypocrites.
Old 8th December 2004, 11:57 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

i don't think it was intentional, although the pictures are similar
Old 9th December 2004, 12:25 AM
BEST Initiate

that's so MEAN!!!
even if the covers might be SIMILAR.. the person isnt.. and the feeling u get when lookin at the picture isnt the same in any way..
like christina aguilera is a ****in **** MAN!!!
xD
n the avex thing.. seriously... if ppl actually download there... they mind as well juz get her album instead of spending money downloading it now.. total RETARDS
Old 9th December 2004, 02:35 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: Australia-Brisbane, where kangaroos jump around my backyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by extepan
hence, ayu is caught red handed.
Ayu is caught red handed? lol that bit makes me laugh
Old 9th December 2004, 04:02 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNsTyLe
How can you say the DONT look similiar? are you blind? Im pretty sure the photographer have seen Christina's pics, and got 'some' inspiration... You people always defend ayu
I think they both look good, but christina can look very classy, she has a very classy-looking face,kinda^^ Ayu dont^^ but ayu is still pretty there
They don't look similar to me, the period is different too, Christina's is more of 1920's like.(who say 50/60?) Just the funiture has same floral decor look to them. Posts are different too.

Some people may get the same impressions and feeling by looking at them 2, and think they're similar. That's okay. People has their own opinions. It's all nice and cool.

But I must say, Christina's is actually more natural and better looking than Ayu's except maybe the one where the entire Ayu is shown.

(The problems I have with Ayu's new covers are design details, I just want to remind everyone.)

Last edited by lolo66; 9th December 2004 at 04:17 AM.
Old 9th December 2004, 04:22 AM
Evolution Xavier

Oh no... Ayu didn't copy Christina at all. The theme is the same but the style isn't.

Old 9th December 2004, 05:50 PM
//hikari

lol Ayu copied.

Hands down its so similar. Funny to see you all defend Ayu on this one but its just not going to work here.

XTina's version looks more like how the era was represented with fashion and make up .. if you look at the pictures back then (though they didn't have colored photos) their make up looked heavy and dark.

Besides ... who cares .. I doubt this album will do well.

___

Also ... if you're willing to throw out that Jolin copies Ayu .. you better be ready to take in that Ayu copies other artists ...
Old 9th December 2004, 06:55 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricekid
<sarcasm>
Yeah...I mean, ayu is obviously not copying. look at her! same pose, clothing style, photo style, floor, coloring, heavy makeup, OBVIOUSLY not copying. not like those chinese singers that always copy ayu. they're bad. oh man are they bad. once, I saw one that was wearing pants. just like ayu did in one of her photos! OMG! I almost flipped out! I called everyone I knew, and we all went to kill her! Seriously! Those chinese singers are shifty characters. Not like my goddess, ayu. No, she'd NEVER copy anyone. Never. Not even if her clothing is the same. And the pose. And the style.
</sarcasm>

I'm as a big an ayu fan as you people, but seriously. Before you go of like a rocket about people criticizing ayu about copying, look at the nasty stuff said about people like Jolin. I mean, some of these "She copied Ayu" things are just ridiculous. And one that looks decently credible comes along and suddenly the person that suggests it is a raving lunatic?
A reply that makes sense. Wow. 's Been ages since I've seen one. Thank you, ricekid.

To everyone who immediately jumped out and defended: what are you guys, blind?
Old 9th December 2004, 07:12 PM
//hikari

We're dealing with extreme fanboys and fangirls here .... so that's their reason
Old 9th December 2004, 08:04 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Now imagine for a second tha those Xtina pics were really JOLIN pics and that they came along AFTER My Story...then this would be a huge thread on how Jolin is so bad and blah blah blah. People can't accept that AYUMI COPIES. I love her, but the truth is, she definitely pulls heavily from other influences sometimes. I just think it is ridiculous how people defend Ayu and attack other artists when AYUMI is the one who is copying.

But...those pics are way different, Xtina is a skank and Ayu isn't..blah blah blah... Maybe Ayumi has on less makeup and it looks a little different, but geez people, open your eyes. And I personally think Xtina has a good look going.

It's the same thing with the Ourselves PV. How can you not say that was influenced by Xtina's Fighter video? Or how can you not say that the cover of Carols was influenced by Celine Dion?

Ayumi is an amazing artist, but wake up people...she's not some all-mighty goddess.

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 9th December 2004, 08:04 PM
girlish H-Initiate

I love you guys.
Old 9th December 2004, 08:34 PM
//hikari

oh ... and didn't Nicole Kidman do an advertisement for Chanel in which she wore a black dress and had a diamond necklace with Chanel's logo as the charm at the base of her spine? Guess who did it after her .. literally after since the ad is still semi new .. Ayu in that photoshoot that touchedstar has a small button of in his siggie

No one is perfect and people do copie. Its the way society goes, in a lot of different locations.

*pats the fanboys and fangirls* its ok ..
Old 9th December 2004, 09:23 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Yeh, it's really similar.
But come on, Christina has a lot of make-up on because of her style nowadays. She's with this "drag" look everywhere. And it fits the picture, the style, the whole calendar.. Her intention is to be with a lot of Make Up and look like a "drag meets a poodle".
Old 10th December 2004, 05:28 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

hahha come on... relax.... copy or not... its already out... O.o whazz the big deal now... but true... it looks kind of similar... but not to the extent that it is exactly the same right... there is still some differences in the photo... (yah different people, different pose, different make up, different furniture...) they are just photos!!!

Old 10th December 2004, 05:34 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

i don't think Ayu was copy christina~~~!!!
I'll fall alone, quietly

If I could flutter like a bird
I would fly to you
And offer my wing
To your wounded back

If I could flow like the wind
I would reach you
If I could shine like a moon
I would keep shining on you

I'll be anything
If it can stop you from being seized with fear~~~~~Moments
Old 10th December 2004, 06:31 AM
Two of us Initiate

Personally i think both of them look unique in their own way. I especially like Christina's though, it's a bit more classy like mentioned in the past posts. But Ayu's deserved to be praised too.

And i'm sure Ayu copied Christina because she was INSIPIRED by the looks. Well, we all know Ayu likes Christina. She even mentioned that she enjoyed her album "STRIPPED" in the past. So it's logical to copy someone you admires.
Old 10th December 2004, 03:08 PM
//hikari

So then its ok for Jolin to copy Ayumi ...
Old 10th December 2004, 05:09 PM
Mirror Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchedstar
Ayumi is an amazing artist, but wake up people...she's not some all-mighty goddess.
yeah! i agree with you. and she really draws a lot of influence from here and there. we have to keep an open mind, and it is ok for ayu to be influenced by other people's work. i am sure we do get 'influenced' by other people's homework, or test answers when we accidentally peep at others answer sheet.
Old 10th December 2004, 08:01 PM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by extepan
yeah! i agree with you. and she really draws a lot of influence from here and there. we have to keep an open mind, and it is ok for ayu to be influenced by other people's work. i am sure we do get 'influenced' by other people's homework, or test answers when we accidentally peep at others answer sheet.
ahhh..those are found memories, aren't they?!
Old 11th December 2004, 04:44 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

let's keep in mind that it's the people that make her pose that copied christina. Not ayumi. =P And I guess it's not suprising really. But we can blame no one because we dunno who it is yet. xD

and I must say...the piccies just give me a thought "dark and light" and that christina one was just....*shivers* >__< It's scary!!

I always hear a voice calling my name.
I will think of you for ever and ever.