Rock'n'Roll Circus - album information and covers [XI] - Page 26 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 31st March 2010, 06:08 PM
walking proud Initiate

Lady Dynamite is def. the worst PV of the bunch for me. The song also is just ok I think. For me, Don't Look Back is the only PV I'd put in the amazing category for these new ones but many of the PVs for this album are head and shoulders above the ones for the last 2 albums.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 31st March 2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 31st March 2010, 06:12 PM
Curtain call Initiate

new thread get ready
Old 31st March 2010, 06:32 PM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Lady Dynamite is def. the worst PV of the bunch for me.
Well, Kazu did that one.
Old 31st March 2010, 07:23 PM
ourselves Initiate

I gotta say, the first half of Lady Dynamite I wasn't digging it but by the last half I really grew on me. The PV was so gay and ridiulous I couldn't help but love it! This is probably one of the gayest things I've seen, and I'm gay! I watch RuPaul's drag race every week, but some how Ayumi has opened my eyes to how gay a PV you can make lolol. There were certain parts of the video that were LOL: 1. Ayu walking into the club and there was a big gay sailor xD. 2. Her dancing with the old lady gaga look a-like, wtf! 3. When Ayu got in the arms of that big black guy and started first pumping like she had a few too many lol 4. When Ayu leaves the club laughing maniacally like she just killed someone in the bathroom xD

This video is comic genius!~
Old 31st March 2010, 07:27 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Lady Dynamite is def. the worst PV of the bunch for me. The song also is just ok I think. For me, Don't Look Back is the only PV I'd put in the amazing category for these new ones but many of the PVs for this album are head and shoulders above the ones for the last 2 albums.
Same sentiments

I wonder why Ayu allows him to be the director of her videos again and again. And Kazu was so happy when the pv was finished . The whole pv has no flow and it's straightforwardly ridiculous. I hope LD will be the last video directed by Kazu lol.

On the other hand Don't Look Back was excellently executed. I love how haunting the pv was

Folie à Deux
Old 31st March 2010, 07:30 PM
End of the World Initiate

I don't really like Lady Dynamite, it's the weakest link in the PVs...
She really looks like Koda Kumi in the end when she is coming out of the club.
But, overall, these PVs are much better than Next Level PVs,
and some of her best in a long time.

I noticed recently she has really started to support the Gay community!
Since there hasn't really been an artist who supports that community without exploiting them,
I think it's a really good thing!

But, that said, I was watching Lady Dynamite in the library, and I was afraid of someone catching me watching it.
Some parts made me think of some risky movie or something.

Also, I really wish there was more verses... it made me sad that there's only one verse time, and like 4 or 6 choruses.
Old 31st March 2010, 07:34 PM
I am... Initiate

Personally I just don't get Sexy little things at all. The song and the PV just confuse me to no end.

Lady Dynamite I love!!!!!!! I know everyone hates the director but you have to see ayu from his perspective: to him its pretty obvious that ayu is the diva. Thats what he sees when he looks at her. To most other people we see ayu as the person.

Don't look back OMG!!!! Like really WOW!!! This PV is the best of the bunch. I know this is a terrible thought but with the hair and ayu suddenly falling and stuff like that it makes me think that maybe in the PV ayu is portraying someone with a terminal illness like how they present a happy face to the world but inside they are literally dying.

ROCK'N'ROLL

rock chick

Old 31st March 2010, 07:34 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Don't look back is amazing, the song and the PV!
The best from Rock'n Roll Circus so far for me, song and PV wise.

I'm kinda neutral about Sexy little things right now. The chrous is really nice, not sure about the rest. But probably it'll grow on me. The PV is a bit boring again, just like Microphone. Don't feel it.

Lady Dynamite is the worst out of all. Don't like the song at all. And don't like the PV. There's nothing really happening again and her funny attempts to be sexy don't work. She's overdoing it and even if it's on purpose like it seems to be - ot's nothing doing for me.
I'll probably never watch it again.

So I'm pretty balanced right now.
From the 9 songs we have, I like 5.
Out of the 8 PVs I like 4.
If it's going on like this with the missing songs it will be a hit or miss for me.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 31st March 2010, 07:49 PM
Dolls Initiate

lady dynamite pv is definitely the worst one. The execution is so bad. The beginning line up scene was too long, the sudden change to the first lollipop scene was wtf, all the scenes were badly put together. Also does ayu always have to walk off at the end of the pv? its the same as MW and GREEN. >__> The only thing I like about the pv is her look and outfit, and the lollipop scenes.

don't look back on the other hand is excellent!! so dark and freaky. I love it!
Old 31st March 2010, 07:54 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

So I love that in the end of lady dynamite she's in what looks like a bathhouse.

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 31st March 2010, 07:58 PM
SEASONS Initiate

OK... so my review of everything!

Previews:
Last links: accoustic guitar (ACCOUSTIC GUITAR!!!! I waited for this) + violin = epic!
meaning of Love: verse sounds boring, the chorus sounds good! Hope there are not too much cheap HAL sounds there. Her voice is too hoarse for me as in You were... Not really pretty IMO + loud "breathing" problem.

Sexy little things: SONG = awesomeness!!!! Really original and quite experimental! LOVE the arrangements / PV= like the beginning so much! The rest is good too. Fun to watch and crazy!
Don't look back: SONG = quite good, nice arrangements. I was affraid it could be boring but it's not. / PV = fine. The twist is good. Nothing special but it's nice to have a "calm" PV.
Lady dynamite SONG = very good. Love the "harmonica" sounds. Kind of raw and I like it!! / PV = BAD. BUT could have been worse. Nothing suprising as we know who directed it! The beginning is so looong ZZzzzzZZ. That proves Kazu really lacks creativity/idea.

Overall: this album is going to be freaking awesome! I haven't been excited and confident since (miss)understood. Imo the ayu I love (the creative one who takes some risks) is back with this album! Can't wait!
Old 31st March 2010, 08:00 PM
monochrome Initiate

DLB, Microphone and SLT songs and pvs are just awesome !
LD's pv is not bad very comic and strange but interessant, the end is cool, Ayu takes fun ! The song is way better I love it !
I wait for the other songs ><

This album is going to be WONDERFULL !

Last edited by Ayu_Ready; 31st March 2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 31st March 2010, 08:09 PM
As if.. Initiate

Sparkle and LD, which PV else is directed by kaz?
Old 31st March 2010, 08:11 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

I like Don't look back PV the best as well. Lady Dynamite song is pure love and the PV is just fun, but that's all there is to it.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 31st March 2010, 08:12 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

damn I'm loving Sexy little things *o*
Old 31st March 2010, 08:19 PM
End of the World Initiate

I love all the PVs! And I like Lady Dynamite, it's just fun, but it's not oh kill me now fun like Sunrise was! Not too sure on the song though...

My favourite of the PVs is Microphone, and it's my favourite song too. I love SLT too, the song is so cute and she looks awesome in the white costume. Don't look back's PV is interesting, but it just feels like an extremely watered down ourselves, but personal, rather than...corporate? I need to watch it again, I think I missed something.
Old 31st March 2010, 08:33 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Wowwww i love all!!!!!!!
Especially Sexy Little Things and Don't Look back
I love the lollipop part of Lady Dynamite, she looks cute
Well, with the news and amazing pvs, someone remember Sunrise and Sunset????

TWICE

Old 31st March 2010, 08:47 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Ok I've written my reviews too

Sexy little things: ok the song is her best cute-pop song EVER, srsly. Funny and catchy
The PV is awesome and really really creative! The beginnin' with the bloody and screamy plug it's abslotutely fantastic (I'm fan of these strange things haha ). But few parts aren't interesting and doesn't fit with the strangeness of the PV (like the dancing guy meh) and make it a little bit slow. But overall it's amazing.

Don't look back: after watching the PV I appreciated more the song . The PV has great colors and impact. I love how Ayu looks more natural while she's angry and sad in this PV.
It remember me, Hanabi -episode II- where she was looking less 'omg I need to looks gorgeous even when I'm crying'. And she looks adorable when she's smiling .
It's my favourite RnC's PV actually.

Lady Dynamite: my internet connection goes slowly today =__= the download is 17% now OMG.

About Last Links and meaning of LOVE previews:
I like Last Links more than meaning of LOVE at the moment but the LQ preview can't help .
I'll waiting for the HQs (or MQs) ones.

Last edited by Kazeyomi; 31st March 2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 31st March 2010, 08:50 PM
YOU Initiate

where can i find translation of Microphone?
Old 31st March 2010, 08:50 PM
Initiate

Post count = 519.
I made a new thread. Hope that's okay with everybody....:
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showth...81#post2299981
Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi, hamasaki ayumi, new album, rock'n'roll circus