[Utada Hikaru] ☆☆ Come Back To Me ☆☆ The 24th Utada Thread! ☆☆ - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd February 2009, 02:30 AM
Liar Initiate

^ Iunno but to me, that means MORE VIDEO FOOTAGE OF HIKKI! <3
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:30 AM
SAKURA Initiate

oh there's video? i'll go to that site now, lol.

....ahh that was awesome! it kinda make me laugh though, lol, because the intro and stuff was so dramatic but were those promo shots in the video for her album, btw? they looked new. ANYWAY, i'm very proud to be an utada fan after watching that video

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Last edited by Beauty4123; 3rd February 2009 at 02:35 AM.
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:37 AM
Liar Initiate

^ I'm pretty sure that was her in the studio recording for her new album
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:38 AM
SAKURA Initiate

no i meant those 2 new pictures. they looked new to me.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 3rd February 2009, 02:45 AM
Banned

OMG! My school internet is so *****. Youtube version plz.
Old 3rd February 2009, 03:01 AM
Liar Initiate

^ Working on it >_< And wtheck your school lets you use youtube =O
Old 3rd February 2009, 03:14 AM
Banned

^I'm a college student. lol I could watch youtube in high school tho. I forgot the name of the site but I went there and it allowed me to go on sites like youtube without my school board noticing it.
Old 3rd February 2009, 03:31 AM
BEST Initiate

The video is only available to those that live in the US apparently. lol at how they edited in some excited audience from somewhere else into the beginning. I've noticed before how quiet Japanese crowds are. That's probably why they needed a crazier audience. Anyway, it was nice to see the stats show off how great Utada is.
Old 3rd February 2009, 03:42 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

If those two pics are promo for the new album, I wouldn't mind.
They probably edited the excited audience footage from her concert in New York.
Those stats are eye opening, I mean, holy cow.
Old 3rd February 2009, 03:46 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Great promo video! Will it be aired on TV?
Old 3rd February 2009, 04:03 AM
Secret Initiate

I liked Ne-Yo's comments to Utada. It's awesome to know that he thinks she's the most talented person he's worked with in some time. I hope she does a duet with him on the new album (or include Do You (I think that was the title XD))

EDIT: My Sister-in-Law was in the kitchen while I was listening to Come Back To Me and she said "Is that Mariah's new song?" and I said "No, it's Utada" and she said "Wow, she sounds a lot like Mariah."

Last edited by NintendoHTF1242; 3rd February 2009 at 04:06 AM.
Old 3rd February 2009, 04:19 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

I was about to post the press kit as well lol. and HO SHIET DO I see some new pics!

Hereby, Let it be known.

Thank you so much Ownsarai for this gorgeous set!

Love like never before..

Old 3rd February 2009, 05:26 AM
Liar Initiate

For those who don't live in the U.S and want to see it, I've uploaded it on youtube. Here you go (go quick before it gets deleted or some crap):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3evD1AP79s
Old 3rd February 2009, 07:18 AM
SCAR Initiate

Wow. They actually got people to talk about her...I mean recognizable people. Ne-Yo and Stargate. And not some drunk looking (use your camera we need you to say this) Timbaland saying "you're the best".

This is great. I'm sure MTV will pick parts of it up again for the MTV NEWS segment. =) I hope that she gets a #1 single!

It's also great that...well from the looks of it...stargate didn't produce the entire album themselves...utada had a lot of input also. =)

YOU ARE FUNNY

Last edited by norain; 3rd February 2009 at 07:22 AM.
Old 3rd February 2009, 08:32 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xheartstation View Post
For those who don't live in the U.S and want to see it, I've uploaded it on youtube. Here you go (go quick before it gets deleted or some crap):

Thanks!!

Love the vid
Old 3rd February 2009, 08:59 AM
teens Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xheartstation View Post

Thanks for uploading the video on youtube.
Old 3rd February 2009, 10:05 AM
TO BE Initiate

Thank you so much for the upload! To be honest I got a little teary to how awesome she is and what amazing things she's done!!~ (Fanboy alert!!)
Old 3rd February 2009, 01:42 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Interview with Examiner.com Thanks to U.Blog for the heads up.

Spoiler:
"A Conversation with Utada"
by Mike Parker

You might not recognize the name, Utada, but you soon will. Born into a musical family, Hikaru Utada had written and recorded her first song before she entered jr. high. Before she got out of junior high she had already signed her first record deal. In the past ten years all she has done is sell more than 52 million records in Japan. Utada’s new single, “Come Back to Me” is set to impact pop radio on February 9th, and her Island Def Jam debut album is scheduled to drop in the US in late March. Will the 26 year old pop diva deliver a repeat performance of her Japanese success? After chatting with Utada on the phone, I wouldn’t bet against her.

Mike Parker – There is an old saying that goes, ‘Nothing succeeds like success.’ You’re huge in Japan. Why bother trying to crack the American market?

Hikaru Utada – It’s something new and challenging and fun. I don’t want to be enthroned in one place and feel like there is nothing left to accomplish. I don’t want to get caught up in the unreal position that success can engender. I would rather be climbing the mountain that sitting on top of one.

Parker – You come from a musical family. How much did that influence your choice to pursue music as a career?

Utada – As a child I really wanted to avoid choosing that career path. Watching my parents I realized at an early age that music is an unstable career. I think my mother wanted me to become a musician, so I’m not sure I had a choice (laughs). I have a choice now, of course, and I’m happy being a musician.

Parker – What kind of training get your parents give you as a musician?

Utada – I had no musical training when I was growing up. My training came from just living with musicians. I was an only child so I was frequently with my mother when she was traveling, performed or in the studio recording. I remember after school when I was in the first or second grade I would go straight to the studio and do my homework there. I was already living like a musician. It was all watch and learn.

Parker – Did your parents give you any advice about being a musician that you have found to be indispensable?

Utada – I don’t think so, no. Not direct advice. I’ve mostly just watched and learned from them. They really let me grow on my own. They never made me take specific classes or lessons. They waited to see where my interest lie and then they helped me find the resources I needed to excel at that.

Parker – You were born and raised in Manhattan. Why did you decide to pursue your pop music career in Japan?

Utada – It wasn’t a conscious choice on my part. It didn’t matter to me, it just happened that way. I made an album in English when I was in my early teens, but there were some complications at the label and it never came out. But EMI Japan heard it and when they realized I was Japanese they encouraged me to do an album in Japanese. Things just took off from there.

Parker – At age 26 you’ve already had a career that far eclipses most recording artists. Are there challenges that you still look forward to facing?

Utada – I get excited about everyday things like cooking, or making sure my room is humidified. Just daily living. Little things excite me.

Parker – In addition to being a recording artist you also write your own music and have had a pretty large role in producing. What is your favorite part of the creative process?

Utada – I can’t chop up the process into little pieces. It is all one process for me. I can’t do an autopsy and take out one part. Creativity is one organism for me and I love the whole process.

The Seven Questions

1. What’s your favorite sound?
Utada – An MRI. I love the sound I hear when I am inside it. I wish I could sample it.

2. What makes you happy?
Utada – Being grateful. Being appreciative.

3. What makes you angry?
Utada – People who are not professional on their job. It doesn’t matter what the job is, you can be a waitress or a CEO, if you are good at your job I admire that. If you are not, it irritates me. And people standing around in doorways. It’s a doorway. Don’t stand there.

4. What is the secret of success?
Utada – It is to not know the secret; to be unaware on some level.

5. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, living or dead, who would it be?
Utada – Roald Dahl, the author.

6. What is the epitaph that is written on your tombstone?
Utada – I see no epitaph. Just my name and the years. Very simple. Nothing elaborate.

7. When you get to heaven, what is the first thing you want to hear God say to you?
Utada – ‘Oh, you again.’

Last edited by rikku411; 3rd February 2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 3rd February 2009, 05:14 PM
glitter Initiate

Wow, the Press Kit thing was cool!

There's never a day that I have to remember you because I never for a moment forgot you.
My LJ x Hitomi Shimatani @ LJ x Yuna Ito @ LJ x ayaka @ LJ x misono @ LJ
Old 3rd February 2009, 05:47 PM
Greatful days Initiate

The Press Kit surprisingly made "Come Back To Me" sound like a better song to me. I like it more after hearing it in that context. All dramatic. Nice Music Editing.

Unfortunately Ne-Yo was in the Press Kit, which made me hate him more. Ugh.

"Vomit Hip-Hop Rainbows"
HAHAHA!

I'm not even scared of "Come Back To Me" being the Album Title. There's no reason to suspect so. Never did, and after her Myspace announcement of the Title being "Revealed" soon, there's definitely no reason to think so now.

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
Closed Thread

Tags
come back to me, fyi, hikki, new album, on and on, taking my money back, this is the one, utada, utada hikaru