Rock'n'Roll Circus - album information and covers [XII] - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 31st March 2010, 11:08 PM
SAKURA Initiate

my thoughts on the Lady Dynamite and Sexy little things PVs (i have yet to find the Don't look back PV on youtube. once i do, i'll edit my post.)

Sexy little things: ........what an opening! i got scared the minute i heard that scream. then i got even more creeped out once i saw blood i had my volume on high, so once the scream came up, it was so loud that my dog even got scared and started screaming! the PV, overall, was SO AWESOME. i'm not a fan of the outfits ayu wore, but i loved how all the extra people fit in with the video. the song itself is just so different that i can't even describe why i like it, lol. i just do! it's really catchy as well. i can still remember how it goes even though it's been two hours since i last heard it.

Lady Dynamite: before i watched this PV, i saw the PV preview first. that kazuyoshi guy is one hell of a director, lol. he's just so crazy! i saw how he was directing ayu on what moves to do and stuff. now i see why people dislike him, he's just...way too much. speaking of just "too much", that's really how i can sum up the PV in less than 5 words, haha. what a crazy PV! i actually pretty much liked it. ayu looked stuning, but the club was so crazy! i liked the parts where ayu's in the red wall room (i assume it's a bathroom because of the toilet stalls or whatever you specifically call it). when that scene where a guy was using the men's "toilet" came up, it was just so unexpected, lol. i dunno, alot of things in this PV were just so crazy. but i liked it, i really did. the whole song isn't that powerful, but it's pretty good.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 31st March 2010, 11:09 PM
Curtain call Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriko View Post
People keep prising Rock 'n' Roll Circus
(even though they haven't heared all Songs in HQ yet ) and keep stepping on
NEXT LEVEL while you can't compare those Albums.
thank you!!! I agree 100%
Old 31st March 2010, 11:11 PM
ourselves Initiate

While I feel like NL had more unusual songs, RnRC is more of an actual step towards the "next level".

My travel blog
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I thought that NEXT LEVEL as an Ayu album was probably one of the more experimental albums she's done in years. It wasn't that polished, but it was still great. I love listening to it from start to finish, haha.

I'd say Ayu has no "bad" albums, just albums that get better and better with more listens. Even ASFXX grew on me, haha.

I still have to watch the new PVs.. blaaah.
For me, she definitely has bad albums. She has no bad songs, I find myself disliking how several of her albums actually work together in the bigger picture. NEXT LEVEL is one of those, I like the songs well enough, but the album itself, as a whole, I really don't like

theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking.proud View Post
I think the same as GRACE... for me LOVEppears, RAINBOW and NL are my least fav albums (also a song for xx because of her voice), not that I don't like them, but I find the other ones more suitable for me... even though I listen NEXT LEVEL more than RAINBOW and LOVEppears LOL

it's just opinions and IMO it's always a bad thing to express opinions as statements.
I guess you like the rocky side of ayu. For me, I love the tunes in LOVEppears and NL. RAINBOW isn't my truly favorite, but last time when I listened to the whole album again it's soothing.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:12 PM
Prologue Initiate

i really dont understand the hate comments for NL either i think that each album is its own seperate piece of art that ayu makes at different phases of her life so thats why all the albums are different my opinion is that i have albums i like less than others but in each album there is a song or songs that just make me say man i love this album while listening to it.

Old 31st March 2010, 11:13 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriko View Post
I think the main Problem people have is that NEXT LEVEL is a happy Album and many Ayu fans can't stand happy Songs from her
I hate the hate for cute/happy songs. Like srsly lighten up. EnergizE is not "OMG HORRID SONG EWWWWW OMFG". It's just cute/positive/fun and it gets so much hate, I hate that.
Initiate

^ I know. Some people associate 'cute' with 'bad'. Ayumi has some of the greatest cute songs ever. Now, EnergizE isn't one of the greatest, but it's still a good song. And all this is coming from somebody who normally doesn't take easily to cutesy things, hah.
And yeah, I agree with you, Moriko. It does seem like some people don't like it whenever Ayu puts out happy things, hah...

NEXT LEVEL is definitely one of my favourite Ayu albums, actually. I like Days and identity a lot more than most of the songs on, say, I am..., and it's unspeakably better than the closest thing to it, LOVEppears. (All my opinion, of course. Just want to add to the NEXT LEVEL love. )
Though, even though I thought I would probably end up liking NEXT LEVEL more than this one, I may have changed my mind, hah... Not sure yet, though, because those two songs I already listed, I love sooooooo much!! Then again, I just know I'm going to love meaning of Love almost as much as Days, at the least, and I definitely like You were... just as much, maybe even more. Like I said before, this album is slowly, but surely, rising above other albums. I probably like it more than RAINBOW at this point, already, and that's in the middle of my favourites list.

Last edited by Crystal_Ageha; 31st March 2010 at 11:17 PM.

I dun get why people hate EnergizE so much as well... It's a fun song..
Old 31st March 2010, 11:14 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking.proud View Post
I think the same as GRACE... for me LOVEppears, RAINBOW and NL are my least fav albums (also a song for xx because of her voice), not that I don't like them, but I find the other ones more suitable for me... even though I listen NEXT LEVEL more than RAINBOW and LOVEppears LOL

it's just opinions and IMO it's always a bad thing to express opinions as statements.
i guess you're right. it is about personal taste. because i love NEXT LEVEL and LOVEppears is one of my favorites. LOL
Old 31st March 2010, 11:15 PM
Curtain call Initiate

do we have hq of don't look back?
Old 31st March 2010, 11:15 PM

^^just my opinion/personal taste. LOVEppears + Duty are her best albums in my mind...
Old 31st March 2010, 11:17 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

RAINBOW IMO is a grand album that doesn't get the appreciation it deserves. After I am... it was basically hailed as her worst album ever until MY STORY came out. (This is in 2004.)

-sigh-

And then every album after MY STORY was named the "worst" until a new album came out...

My take on Ayu albums in general is that they are all her "children" and they should be equally appreciated for what they bring to the table as individuals, not compared to the other albums. I suppose because of this, I find it really hard to dislike any album. I mean think of it like this... would you ever compare your children to one another and basically say one of them is worthless compared to an older one?

Last edited by truehappiness; 31st March 2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:21 PM

The thing.. RAINBOW wasn't something that people would hear in ayu's music when it first released. It's neither poppy nor rocky (well at that time I dun really think ayu was as rocky as today..). It's kinda like a ordinary album from any jpop artist. Tbh, I think back then I didn't really feel ayu-ish in RAINBOW.

But as time goes by, I think it belongs the GOLD section as well. I remember I listened to the full album back in a year ago, and realized how good it actually was.

And is MY STORY that bad? I think GUILTY is actually her worst album to date... (my personal taste of course). I never couldn't stand an ayu album until GUILTY came out. I just couldn't finish the whole album. And I kept skipping the tracks until I finally realized that the only songs I liked in the album were the ones from the singles. How pathetic it is. I really tried to forced myself to listen to it, but just couldn't... .. sigh...

Last edited by bluegie; 31st March 2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:23 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
And is MY STORY that bad? I think GUILTY is actually her worst album to date... (my personal taste of course)
The fans that stopped becoming fans of Ayu in 2004 agree. However, fans of 2005/2006 onward seem to feel that MY STORY is a great album. I guess it just depends.

For me, the only album I would want to change is ASFXX since she hadn't blossomed as an artist yet at the time imo. I want a rearranged album now.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:26 PM

Well tbh I wasn't really thrilled about MY STORY, but it wasn't as bad as I can imagine. It's always funny that a year after I start to appreciate the albums, such as RAINBOW and MY STORY. The only exception is GUILTY.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:27 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
I guess you like the rocky side of ayu. For me, I love the tunes in LOVEppears and NL. RAINBOW isn't my truly favorite, but last time when I listened to the whole album again it's soothing.
yeah exactly ^^ I like her rock songs the best, after that sad ballads, ballds, and last, happy/cute songs... And I don't hate them ^^ But aren't my fav...

And people shouldn't hate people don't liking cute/happy songs... of course if a lot of songs are cute/happy I'll think "oh... I would preffer less cute/happy songs", and sure with GUILTY some people thought "oh, there're so many rock and ballad songs!" (as it seems that will happen with RnRC)... I don't hate people because they don't like rock songs LOL

We should feel lucky that Ayu has the capacity of creating music, sounds, lyrics that can be loved by so many different people with so many different tastes ^^ She uses a lot of style and everyone will surely find one song that fit their tastes ^^

How to join Team Ayu! ~

Old 31st March 2010, 11:28 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

For me the bad albums are: GUILTY, MY STORY and NEXT LEVEL
And the awesome albums are: Memorial address (well i know, this is a mini-album but is gorgeous) miss understood, RAINBOW and I am...

TWICE

Old 31st March 2010, 11:29 PM

^Does anyone hate the people who hate cute songs? . I think they just probly hate the fact that people keep dissing the cutie of xx (whatever song it is).

Memorial address is actually one of her greatest as well.. Yeah I should put it along w/ LOVEppears and Duty on my list .

And for I am... I still have the trauma from it. Actually not from it, but from the time when ayu was overexposed and I was a bit sick of her hectic releasing schdeule/appearance/etc. How pathetic I am...

Last edited by bluegie; 31st March 2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:30 PM
Initiate

^ I don't hate them! I just wish they'd give it a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
^^just my opinion/personal taste. LOVEppears + Duty are her best albums in my mind...
Lol, it's funny. Duty is my favourite album, but LOVEppears is either my second or third least favourite (kanariya makes me not want to hate it, hah). It's pretty much tied with A Song for xx.. (Which is sad, because A Song for xx has a few wonderful songs, but the ones that aren't amazing bring it down so much. >_<) To me, Secret is her worst, by far. I think it should have stayed a mini-album, and then it may have been better.
Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi, hamasaki ayumi, new album, rock'n'roll circus