DVD Region - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 12th March 2003, 08:46 PM
As if.. Initiate

DVD Region

Hello! This is my first topic here since this forum has moved to this new place. How's everyone?

I want to ask about the DVD region stuff, as I think I would like to buy Ayu's DVD but I'm afraid that I'm not able to view the DVD I've bought. Hmm, can anyone tell me more about this? I know that there's 8 region for DVD right? Is there any region restriction for computer's DVD-ROM? like the computer bought in US can only play the DVD of region 1 or what? Or is it possible for the computer's DVD-ROM to view whatever region DVD?

Hmm, I would also need some help about buying stuff online. Is there any connection with AHS with YesAsia? Erm, where is the best place to buy Ayu stuff online. I'm now in Canada so I can't buy Ayu stuff as easily as I used to be in Malaysia. Is there any one in Canada here who has good recommendation about any place to get Ayu stuff (online or stores in Canada). I'm at Toronto.

Okie, thx for anyone who would like to help me~
Old 12th March 2003, 09:26 PM
independent+ Advisor

YesAsia is a pretty good place to buy Ayu stuff. And when you use the link at the bottom of the forum, it helps to support AHS financially (without costing you anything). I've used YesAsia a lot, and I haven't had any problems with them. CDJapan is another good website that you can buy stuff from as well. Their prices are usually a tiny bit better than YesAsia, but they have higher shipping costs. I usually use YesAsia.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/

As for DVD regions, wherever you buy your regular home DVD player, it's usually locked in that region. So if you bought your DVD player in Canada, it will only play region 1 DVDs. You can purchase region-free DVD players (YesAsia sells them for a pretty good price).

On most computers they also have region restrictions. Most DVD drives in computers will let you change the region 5 times, then after the 5th time it will lock on the current region code. So after the DVD player locks, then you can only play DVDs in that region. There are ways you can hack your computer's DVD player, but it can be risky and it will void any warranty you have on it.

We have a few members from Canada so they might know of some local stores you could check out.
Old 12th March 2003, 09:56 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

If you have an I-Mac G4 U dont have to worry about DVD region Change.
Old 12th March 2003, 10:48 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

Well there are some DVD players which can play any region, usually some not so famous brand though. Also, you can change your DVD drive in your computer to play different regions, (usually you can change it 5 times, then it is LOCKED), but you also can change the the firmware in the drive so that it is region free.

I myself have region free dvd deck , and a region free drive in my system, so I dun worry about regions, hehe
Old 13th March 2003, 11:53 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

yys113: wat u need is a region free dvd player! and also a region free dvd rom
u can crack ur dvd rom and make it region free, but there's risk that u might wreck the whole thing

Censations: hey havent seen u for a long time!