[2006] Namie Amuro VS Koda Kumi: Who's better in terms of hip-hop? - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Asian Music Polls

Notices

View Poll Results: Namie Amuro VS Koda Kumi? Who's the best in hip-hop?
Namie Amuro 303 78.29%
Koda Kumi 84 21.71%
Voters: 387. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19th December 2006, 04:56 PM
Will Initiate

Of course. She's the queen of the genre she made up herself.
Old 19th December 2006, 06:09 PM
glitter Initiate

I like both Namie and Kuu, but I think that Namie is better in the terms of hip-hop.

There's never a day that I have to remember you because I never for a moment forgot you.
My LJ x Hitomi Shimatani @ LJ x Yuna Ito @ LJ x ayaka @ LJ x misono @ LJ
Old 19th December 2006, 06:24 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Namie of course Just think about CAN'T SLEEP, CAN'T EAT, I'M SICK, gimme more, Come, Fish, I wanna show you my love, No, Pu 'em up, Queen of Hip-Pop. Shine More, SO CRAZY, WANT ME, WANT ME and many other songs Koda's choregraphies never looked very hip-hop to me....at least not as much as Namie's
Old 19th December 2006, 08:54 PM
Banned

Not this again.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keishi View Post
I'm sorry, but calling people have a bad taste in music just because he likes Koda Kumi is really offensive, ridiculous, childish & immature.
Ugh....here we go again with what I say is wrong, hurtful, childish and other crap.

Well, I take back what I said...Geez I'm sorry, 'kay!!!!! If it means that much to U than I'll edit that out what I've posted be4!!!!

Last edited by BabyUtada; 19th December 2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old 19th December 2006, 09:49 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Is it just me who notice that lately some polls to throw away/indirectly bash Koda Kumi?

Like...a poll that is already OBVIOUS that Ku is not going to win, but still being made?

Oh well, I voted for namie.
You think I did this poll because I want to bash Kuu? This is not the case.

I don't think there's many polls at all that were made to bash Kuu. (If so, which ones?) Okay, there's that "Black Cherry" VS "Secret" poll. But that was majorly obvious since it is a Ayu forum. I wasn't surprised to see so many votes for "Secret" and some didn't even listen to "Black Cherry". My poll involves Namie and Kuu. No Ayu. I don't see how this poll is obvious...

For me, it wasn't obvious that Namie would win. I'm also quite surprised that a lot of people don't even think of Kuu as a hip-hop genre of artist. For me, Kuu has always been very hip-hop (since her album "feel my mind") until she tried other genre like rock and pop. It's pretty normal to experiment other style when you're that popular. But for me, she'll always be more hip-hop and r&b. I've always seen her as that kind of artist. Namie wasn't always a hip-hopish artist either. (She only started around "break the rules" or "LOVE ENHANCED ♥ single collection" but mostly in her "STYLE" days.) For the most part of her career, she was straight pop. Both Kuu and Namie started their career with pop. They both turned into a hip-hop style music then.

Sorry if it seemed like "bashing" to you. If this poll bothers anyone, it can be closed.

Girls' Generation is .

Last edited by elepop; 19th December 2006 at 10:15 PM.
Old 19th December 2006, 10:07 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I also didn't consider this poll to obviously be in Namie's favor. Yes, Kumi primarily does pop music nowadays, but earlier in her career she did more hip-hop, so she has plenty of songs to weigh against Namie. Namie, on the other hand, started off with dance, then pop and then switched to hip-hop. It's not like this is a comparison of apples and oranges. They both have done the same genres of music. Maybe not at the same time, but there is plenty of material for people to base their votes on.
Old 19th December 2006, 10:13 PM
Daybreak Initiate

If both Namie and Koda attempted to break into the American music market, Namie would be alot more successful.

I don't get how people can say it was obvious for Kuu to win either. I thought it would be very close.

and Namie is hotter, alot hotter

Last edited by ..:Hot:Like:Wow:..; 19th December 2006 at 10:17 PM.
Old 19th December 2006, 10:44 PM
Startin' Protector

I too am quite surprised by Namie's overpowering of this poll. To me, Kumi and Namie are both R&B artists, and I thought Kumi would win due to her popularity. But, personally, it IS Namie all the way for me. I could listen to her QoHP album all day. (And I sometimes do) But I can't do the same with any of Kumi's albums.

And I think they're both hot.
Old 19th December 2006, 11:38 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofpop View Post
Namie = Hot
Koda = Not

I can't believe there are people who think of Koda as so hot, she's only just above average at most.
Please tell me you're kidding.

[Facebook!]~[Blogspot!]

Old 20th December 2006, 05:17 AM
Will Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by asongforXX View Post
You think I did this poll because I want to bash Kuu? This is not the case.

I don't think there's many polls at all that were made to bash Kuu. (If so, which ones?) Okay, there's that "Black Cherry" VS "Secret" poll. But that was majorly obvious since it is a Ayu forum. I wasn't surprised to see so many votes for "Secret" and some didn't even listen to "Black Cherry". My poll involves Namie and Kuu. No Ayu. I don't see how this poll is obvious...

For me, it wasn't obvious that Namie would win. I'm also quite surprised that a lot of people don't even think of Kuu as a hip-hop genre of artist. For me, Kuu has always been very hip-hop (since her album "feel my mind") until she tried other genre like rock and pop. It's pretty normal to experiment other style when you're that popular. But for me, she'll always be more hip-hop and r&b. I've always seen her as that kind of artist. Namie wasn't always a hip-hopish artist either. (She only started around "break the rules" or "LOVE ENHANCED ♥ single collection" but mostly in her "STYLE" days.) For the most part of her career, she was straight pop. Both Kuu and Namie started their career with pop. They both turned into a hip-hop style music then.

Sorry if it seemed like "bashing" to you. If this poll bothers anyone, it can be closed.
If feel my mind is hip hop, then Ayu must have breast implants. Really. I'm very sorry for saying this, but do yourself know what hip hop is?
Koda doesn't have much Hip Hop tracks. Most of her music covers R&B.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
Hip hop music is a style of music which came into existence in the United States during the mid-1970s, and became a large part of modern pop culture during the 1980s. It consists of two main components: rapping (MCing) and DJing (production and scratching).
Want to count how many songs Namie & Koda that has those? And Namie's songs would fall under category Hip Pop, like how she made it up.
Unless this poll was made "in terms of R&B".

And about this poll being obvious or what. Well, it might be because Koda doesn't have much Hip Hop songs. I don't know about Namie. I didn't follow much of her music, aside from STYLE & Queen of Hip Pop. Maybe someone can correct me about this.
Old 20th December 2006, 05:48 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Thats just the standard definition of Hip-Hop, it is more widely used these days. like when you watch the MTV music awards, there are alot of songs in the hip-hop category that does not fit in that definition.

Old 20th December 2006, 05:48 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I don't think we're interpreting hip-hop specifically to mean "rapping" and "DJing". Yeah, sure there's a specific definition you posted from Wikipedia, but the term is used pretty loosely nowadays. In fact, the actual Queen of Hip Hop (not Hip Pop) in America is Mary J Blige and she doesn't always have rapping and/or DJing in her music.
Old 20th December 2006, 06:05 AM
from your letter Initiate

How hard is it for people to tell the difference between Hip Hop and R&B. Hip-Pop? Rapping. R&B? Singing. It ain't that complicated. Namie seems to understand this, since coined the phrase "Hip-Pop", which is perfect for her style of music.

So who do I think is better at R&B? I like more of Namie's attempts, though Kumi has some good stuff as well.

By the way, I think its time we made a Koda Kumi vs. the World thread. It seems like its a right of passage to be pitted against Kumi around here. Is she that threatening? Though judging by her sales, maybe so ^_^.

Last edited by Jayee19; 20th December 2006 at 06:12 AM.
Old 20th December 2006, 06:22 AM
Will Initiate

Koda Kumi vs the World? Lol.
Her fame has just started last year.
Old 20th December 2006, 07:00 AM
End of the World Initiate

lol why do people think that Namie does "Hip Pop" music?? ^O^ she does mostly hip hop. The phrase "Queen of Hip Pop" was coined to show her transition from Pop music into Hip Hop. Yeah we hear a few pop songs here and there but from Style to QoHP Namie's music has moved more into the Hip Hop genre. Anyways I like Kumi music or at least used to before she became a release ***** and I don't like her cutesy pop music at all, some of here Hip hop is alright. So I vote for Namie. Why do you all need to call Namie=hot kumi =not and fight back and forth? That wasn't the point of the poll. We don't have to bash eachothers artist. Listen to the artist's music before you past Judgement on them.

Last edited by mininamie; 20th December 2006 at 07:03 AM.
Old 20th December 2006, 09:22 AM
poker face Initiate

Namie doesn't really do "hard" hip-hop. I think hip-pop is a perfect name for it, as a lot of her songs are really urban but are centered around hooks like a pop song.

Old 20th December 2006, 10:54 AM
Will Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyUtada View Post
Ugh....here we go again with what I say is wrong, hurtful, childish and other crap.

Well, I take back what I said...Geez I'm sorry, 'kay!!!!! If it means that much to U than I'll edit that out what I've posted be4!!!!
Put it this way. If you see someone said "OMG you like utada, you have bad taste in music". How would you feel? If you don't want others to say that to you, you shouldn't start calling so for other artists.
Old 20th December 2006, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Of course. She's the queen of the genre she made up herself.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyUtada View Post

You have to think before posting, this is not the first time you've posted something offensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asongforXX View Post
My poll involves Namie and Kuu. No Ayu. I don't see how this poll is obvious...
Me neither.

However, yeah, Namie and Koda aren't exactly hip-hop. They're just plain pop musicians, except they have heavy hip-hop and R&B influence in their music. Even Ayu is pop, not rock like many chose to believe just to give extra credibility.
Old 20th December 2006, 01:25 PM
Will Initiate

I think what makes it obvious, is because Amuro labeled herself as "Queen of Hip-Pop", but it always misinterpreted as Hip Hop. Thus, giving her more points for her music being Hip Hop. Koda on the other hand is pretty much R&B. Her Hip Hop songs aren't much at all, compared to Amuro's works (the so-called Hip-Pop, which are often mislabeled as Hip Hop).

So there.
Old 20th December 2006, 01:33 PM
Banned

Not that there is such a thing as Hip-Pop in the first place. So yeah, they're both pop, still.