How much do you love Ayumi Hamasaki? - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 1st May 2008, 06:06 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelLegend View Post
There is just one thing I want to see Ayu do. And that is do some humanitarian work. Anyone with hundreds of dollars of loose change in their pockets should do this. Something is better than nothing. I mean Shakira done it. She actually created and founded her own charity and even recently went to Bangladesh to help chidren in need. Wouldn't be awesome if Ayu took a slight detour from the music industry and help out as well? I mean some of her music videos is just unnecessarily expensive. Ayu did wrote the song "A Song is Born" which was suppose to be a non-profit song for 9/11 victims (which is cool and I would like to see that more often). Actually, I don't recall any other notable humanitarian work from Japanese stars or singers. Correct me if I'm wrong.
that is a goooooooooooood point. she's sort of a reasonable person and all, quite the good role model and hardworking lady... but yes, she should try that. she can be such a diva and not practice what she sings. her music, if a stranger to her would listen, would expect she'd be involved in some kind of charity as its so compassionate.
Old 1st May 2008, 06:21 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Didn't she perform at a concert for the tsunami victims a few years ago?
Old 1st May 2008, 07:16 PM
austin. ♥

How do we know she doesn't donate money to charities low-key? I mean, at least she's not all "Look at me I donate loads of money to poor people" like Bob Geldof or something. I really dislike him that too.
Old 1st May 2008, 07:20 PM
The Judgement Day Guardian

^Yeah, I think it's sort of a double edged blade. I mean, what's the point of someone doing a charity if it's just to show off? I think it completely loses its real intention

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 1st May 2008, 08:30 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

AYU DOES NOT SUCK!! EVEN IF SHE IS DEAF FROM ONE EAR!!

Last.fm

Old 1st May 2008, 08:37 PM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin. ♥ View Post
How do we know she doesn't donate money to charities low-key? I mean, at least she's not all "Look at me I donate loads of money to poor people" like Bob Geldof or something. I really dislike him that too.
Well, I can safely assume anyone with extra money has donated to some charity. It's fine, but in a sense you are right because anyone with a huge load of loose change can easily do this. It does not take much effort and its like saying to the people, "see this, look what I can do that you can't, I can donate this much...and that makes me high and mighty...and you should like me...". So the intention seems to be in the wrong place like it's done to gain popularity.

But I was talking more differently when in comes to humanitarian work. For example again, Shakira actually founded and created a charity with her own money (almost 10 years ago?). And recently, she physically went to Bangladesh to help when she could have been making up more music or belly dances to make more money for herself. Even though there may be some "selfish reasons" to do so, IMO, its a sincere move for the most part. As for Ayu, she was sincere in writing the lyrics for "A Song is Born" and if she did sing in a concert to help tsunami victims, I think she was sincere and not because she can or to gain popularity or to show off. Doing more than just simply donating loose change is at least to me sincere enough (especially when she has alternatives to do instead, like writing songs, producing concerts, commercial ads, photo shoots, etc.). Besides, something is better than nothing.

And to add to the main topic and I forgot to say this, I love Ayu because of her really cute personality and mannerisms. Like when she starts jumping around in her concerts being all happy and bouncy. And even when she cries. But most of all is when she sings, she gives it her all to put so much emotion to the songs.
Old 1st May 2008, 08:50 PM
Rule Protector

^huh?

It would be nice to see her do some charity stuff, if she could fit it into her busy schedule.
Old 1st May 2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelLegend View Post
Besides, something is better than nothing.
When someone gets richer, is because somebody else gets poorer. If ayu were ever to do charity just as an excuse to boost her popularity to gain more money, I'd rather she didn't do it.
Also, if an artist uses their "charities" just to boost popularity, making ppl buy more of their stuff just because they think the artist really deserves it, these ppl are also wasting money they could be using to help somebody in need. In a way it can completely dillute the whole artist's goal

I know this is really complicated way of saying things, but something is better than nothing doesn't necessarily always apply.

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 2nd May 2008, 06:39 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker View Post
When someone gets richer, is because somebody else gets poorer. If ayu were ever to do charity just as an excuse to boost her popularity to gain more money, I'd rather she didn't do it.
Also, if an artist uses their "charities" just to boost popularity, making ppl buy more of their stuff just because they think the artist really deserves it, these ppl are also wasting money they could be using to help somebody in need. In a way it can completely dillute the whole artist's goal

I know this is really complicated way of saying things, but something is better than nothing doesn't necessarily always apply.
On remark of that, I think that when we consider the 9/11 victims, a kind of common JPop artists' raisings should be made so none of the artists would look like they show off by donating to charity. I mean, if there is really such an ocassion as the 9/11 and there are lots of money needed, there's nothing bad in popstars donating to charity as they usually ARE totally rich XD. But on the other hand, I trully HATE when some celebrity donates just to show off because raising popularity in such a way doesn't correspond with the artists' tallent nor effort at all.

P.S: Ayu rulez!!!
Old 2nd May 2008, 07:31 AM
Rule Protector

Quote:

Even if someone did do it just to seem good and wonderful to the world, it's still a positive thing. I don't think people in need care about the intentions of the money giver.
Old 2nd May 2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
Even if someone did do it just to seem good and wonderful to the world, it's still a positive thing. I don't think people in need care about the intentions of the money giver.
Hmmm...I not sure if you understood much of what I said. If artist "x" donates to a certain care center trying to boost their popularity by doing the beneficent act, more people will buy "x" products. If more people is going to buy artist "x" product because of that, they will be reallocating money they could be using to help people in need. It's not only the rich people that help those in need with their large ammount of money (actually there are far lesser extremely rich pppl compared to the ppl who live in an average situation, and many ppl who live in an average situation help). My mother is not rich but part of the money she earns that spares, she donates money to cancer institutions and other things. Now if a person who helps these institutions with their spare money is a crazy fan, they could spend the money they save for the donation to buy the promoted product (just an hypothetical example), or even worse they could buy that product from the artist not only being a fan but also knowing the artist "helps" those in need and get the false idea they're helping those in need.

On the other hand, if artists doesn't use their beneficent actions to promote themselves, they won't be selling more stuff because of it and it won't be draining money from ppl for their personal interests.

The care center/ppl in need who receive the benefit OBVIOUSLY won't care about the intentions, they've received the help. But there's not only one person/institution or w/e needing help in this entire world, so the whole purpose of the artist doing a benefit there gets dilluted. It's hard for me to explaion because I can't seem to pick the proper words to express myself.

That's just how credit cards companies make you feel you have a lot more money than you really have with their "credit benefits". While they make your life easier, they obviously have the intention of earning money, and every benefit you get is because they're using your money.

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 2nd May 2008, 08:00 AM
Rule Protector

^Yea I understood that, I just don't think the majority of the people who would buy the CDs would be doing any charity donations in the first place anyway. If they didn't spend it on her CD, they'd spend it on somebody elses or something completely different.

But yea, maybe the people who wasn't gonna buy the CD, but then did because of the artists charity work, would've spent it on donations if they hadn't bought a CD instead.
Old 2nd May 2008, 08:14 AM
Lelio Protector

ayu could always donate huge money for a lot of stuff, and we will never know about it if she did it discreetly XD
I prefer it to be discreet anyway.
As I said earlier, I don't like weeshy woshy artists who donate their money and shove it in people's eyes, that's another way to make a lot of money from people.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 2nd May 2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old 2nd May 2008, 08:15 AM

Oh well, maybe I've said is a bunch of BS...economics is so complicated....but i do think there's a difference when you donate with second intentions of actually earning (promotion, $$) from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
ayu could always donate huge money for a lot of stuff, and we will never know about it if she did it discretely XD
I prefer it to be discrete anyway.
yeah, I'd prefer it like that too....unless she did want to raise her fans awareness to a specific problem...

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 2nd May 2008, 08:20 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Oh well, maybe I've said is a bunch of BS...economics is so complicated....but i do think there's a difference when you donate with second intentions of actually earning (promotion, $$) from it.

yeah, I'd prefer it like that too....unless she did want to raise her fans awareness to a specific problem...
Well, she is not a power puff girl lmao.
If she donates discreetly at least she helps it, she sure has money to do so, but I hope that if she does she will never shove it in front of us...
Old 2nd May 2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Well, she is not a power puff girl lmao.
Well, I sorta of liked mika nakashima's campaign on using recyclable shopping bags and non-disposable chopsticks "to help the environment".

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 2nd May 2008, 08:33 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Well, I sorta of liked mika nakashima's campaign on using recyclable shopping bags and non-disposable chopsticks "to help the environment".
LMAO!! XDDDD

Did it help though?
Old 2nd May 2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
LMAO!! XDDDD

Did it help though?
LOL I dunno... I guess if she keeps repeating it it will start brainwashing ppl

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 4th May 2008, 09:10 AM
Initiate

ayu's A Song Is Born single was for WTC victims, wasn't it? (and other avex artist doing it too)