[News] ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~ DVD/BD release - Page 19 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 2nd January 2017, 05:05 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowo View Post

cry. like I'm doing now.

I mean... is she trying to keep the attention off of her? what does this even means?

they're just climbing into each other and then flailing around spinning and doing nothing meaningful. so annoying. I've had a period when I didn't watch her concerts from PoM to PREMIUM SHOWCASE and I feel like I'm going into another phase like that. so tired of seeing her surrounded with lots of unnecessary dancers.

No clue. If it helps, I don't recall it being as obnoxious in the new CDL haha (I rather liked it actually!).

My favorite of her performances are very toned down--especially kanariya and this performance of Sorrows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doYvRXwFPiI

Old 2nd January 2017, 05:16 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainbow View Post
No clue. If it helps, I don't recall it being as obnoxious in the new CDL haha (I rather liked it actually!).

My favorite of her performances are very toned down--especially kanariya and this performance of Sorrows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doYvRXwFPiI

I didn't watch this years' CDL yet, just kanariya. the file is too big for me, but I'm sure I'll cringe a lot when I watch it.

yep, those performances are top notch. that TA TOUR opening with Sorrows really surprised me.

Old 2nd January 2017, 05:23 PM
Far away Initiate

^^ This performance is epic. I love the end, when she approaches to the audience.

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 2nd January 2017, 05:55 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
Most of the times I feel like the choreographies have no meaning and sometimes it's embarassing to watch But during this CDL the dancers were really nice to have on stage. And thank god there's no monkey anymore.
I agree.
Old 2nd January 2017, 06:51 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowo View Post

just watched both concerts and ugh, she needs to fire some dancers/performers. there's TOO MUCH going on while she sings. I want to see HER and they keep changing the camera to show dancers or a performer dressed like a fucking monkey, like??? enough already. that is not cute in any way, it's cringey.

edit: and this... omg... the worst thing I've seen in a while.

the cringy dancers' acting, her outfit, the cute voice... it just couldn't get any
worse

edit 2: WHY IS THIS FUCKING MONKEY BEHIND HER ON MARIONETTE? I JUST... WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH THE PERFORMANCE?

I've had it. OFICIALLY

It was the year of the monkey on a concert set around japanese culture.... Not that hard to get.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 2nd January 2017, 07:19 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

^Didn't know that, thanks! Though again, he was pretty good in my book.

Old 2nd January 2017, 07:28 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^ I really like him and the troupe that do the aerial performances! I feel like this year dancers was a really good team! Ayu seems to really love and connect with them

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 2nd January 2017, 07:36 PM
Far away Initiate

I think the monkey represents Wukong (and he did the role pretty well). In MADE IN TOKYO the monkey was like a guide.

Before the performance monkey meets the man with a violet cloak and he tricks him into entering a house (door sound).

The monkey find several people spellbound like puppets and tries to help them. Then Ayu appears and he is the only one who is aware of the "spell" along with her.

When Ayu enters into the "cage" she tries to escape and at the end of the performance he is trying to save Ayumi but he can't and it ends with Ayu converted to a Marionette.

In MADE IN JAPAN, Ayu represents Amateratsu (I think) and the monkey has a more secondary paper.

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Last edited by Uknow!; 2nd January 2017 at 07:40 PM.
Old 2nd January 2017, 08:58 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalove View Post
At this point I would rather her disappear and never come back.
What a horrible thing to say, just as we've finished off a year where a significant number of huge artists have unexpectedly *died*.

I'm sure the word you were looking for is "retire".
Old 2nd January 2017, 09:59 PM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dandy_ View Post
What a horrible thing to say, just as we've finished off a year where a significant number of huge artists have unexpectedly *died*.

I'm sure the word you were looking for is "retire".
oh relax i dont want ayu or any other artist to die. Yes retire is what i meant. You can stop having a heart attack now.
Old 3rd January 2017, 06:37 AM
Who... Initiate

Thank you Uknow! for the explanation of the monkey!

And I personally find the bunny costume funny and cute as hell

Set by YuriChan

Old 3rd January 2017, 04:33 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

well sometimes one doesn't have the time to check on another culture to know some things "not that hard to get", but thanks guys for explaining.

the dancers are still annoying af though.

Old 3rd January 2017, 04:46 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I started to be a fan in the (miss)understood era and even back then people were saying she was over and should retire.
Old 3rd January 2017, 05:56 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
I started to be a fan in the (miss)understood era and even back then people were saying she was over and should retire.
Same here xD I'm a fan since the same period and got used to those comments so much they don't impress me any more at all
Old 3rd January 2017, 10:06 PM
still alone Initiate

I'd agree that the whole monkey thing isn't completely obvious. It was explained nicely though.
When I was watching I felt like he was playing a kind of character that kind of guides the story along.
But I think people are getting annoyed because of the dramatic negative attitude that the criticism was presented with. Can't bring negative energy into a conversation and expect people not to react in that same way.
But yes, don't make it a bigger deal than it is. There will always be fans in here that strangely have nothing positive to say.
Old 3rd January 2017, 10:49 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^There's a lot of stuff that isn't completely obvious due to cultural differences and it's completely ok not getting everything... Actually I do learn a lot from discussions over here because my knowlegment of the japanese culture is pretty limited. But one thing is not getting it all, other is just regarding that as nonsense without even trying. It's disrespectful for Ayu as an artist and at some levels even to the Japanese culture.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 3rd January 2017, 10:57 PM
starting over Initiate

Please relax everybody, and please no more name calling is childish. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Let's all agree to disagree. Ps: I DONT WANT AYU TO RETIRE AT THIS POINT, BUT WHEN THE TIME COMES I HOPE SHE BOWS GRACEFULLY.
*please feel free to over analyze what I just said.
Old 4th January 2017, 12:50 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Just an interesting thing. Ivy moment from Made in Tokyo Countdown is not from the 31 December - her dress is not stuck in the machinery :> I know it happened in the past but - just little sth ;-) And the red kimono is simply beautiful

Last edited by maxikot; 4th January 2017 at 12:53 AM.
Old 4th January 2017, 01:26 AM
Connected Initiate

additional info to the monkey, it's the zodiac year of the Monkey for 2016

Old 4th January 2017, 02:06 AM
SURREAL Initiate

I apologize if I offended someone with my post, I get tired of unjustified criticism towards ayu so my words may have sounded really harsh, sorry, honestly wasn't my inttention to be rude and/or a jerk, and as some of you have said let's relax and move on.

About the "monkey" topic, yes probably because it was the monkey year but also I think he clearly was a representation of Son Goku (japanese name for Sun Wu-Kong) and the other guy that is kinda dressed as a monk/warrior (you can see him pretty well on the prelude of the evolution performance) may was a representation of Erlang Shen, both were gods and fight each other pretty often, this is just my speculation tho

BTW the "monkey" guy's name is Riki Fujimaki, he's really nice, yesterday he replied me back and thanked me on IG for my congratulations message for CDL show

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, arena tour 2016, countdown live 2015-2016, dvd/bd release, m(a)de in japan, made in tokyo