StarTalk interview - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 26th February 2016, 02:10 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

StarTalk interview

Pics

Ayu about jj vídeo inst

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCP-v_ZHOOr/

Old 26th February 2016, 02:17 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

She really loves that top, doesn't she?
Old 26th February 2016, 04:14 PM
TO BE Initiate

She's so cute, can't deal
Old 26th February 2016, 04:15 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

Want to watch the whole show..

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 26th February 2016, 06:04 PM
No way to say Initiate

http://ent.tvb.com/enews/56d020246db...c000004#page-1

You need to be in HK or have Hola in your browser to watch it..
Old 26th February 2016, 06:05 PM
Love song H-Initiate

http://vk.com/video1358601_171631947

Last edited by Aderianu; 26th February 2016 at 06:27 PM.
Old 26th February 2016, 06:13 PM
TO BE Initiate

^ Doesn't work for me! And isn't Hola unsafe?
Old 26th February 2016, 06:27 PM
winding road H-Initiate

^ It can be any other VPN that has HK region, doesn't have to be Hola. Though any free VPN (and some payed ones) have security and privacy issues...

Last edited by pimenta; 26th February 2016 at 07:24 PM.
Old 26th February 2016, 06:28 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Interviewer: "What do you want to say to all of your fans in the world?"
Ayu: *proceeds to talk only about Asian women*

lol

@Aderianu: thank you so much for the link by the way! Do you mind if I share the video in Ayu group on VK?

Last edited by rainbow_smile; 26th February 2016 at 06:35 PM.
Old 26th February 2016, 06:40 PM
No way to say Initiate

Her answer about having privacy, private time and "Ayu vs. Ayumi Hamasaki" is the complete opposite from the CNN interview...she's accepted that she isn't going to get it and doesn't give a fuck anymore.

Last edited by ExodusUK; 26th February 2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old 26th February 2016, 06:44 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
@Aderianu: thank you so much for the link by the way! Do you mind if I share the video in Ayu group on VK?
I don't mind ^^
Old 26th February 2016, 07:23 PM
forgiveness Initiate

This was a nice interview to watch. She seemed more like herself versus those videos of her and Alvin Goh schmoozing it up...

After all these years, the one thing that remains the same about Ayu is that even on her days off, she says she still prefers to work LOL

Also lol nice that her husband was there watching and had a few things to say about her being fashionable even at home XD

Last edited by Larisa-chan; 26th February 2016 at 07:27 PM.
Old 26th February 2016, 07:36 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Interviewer: "What do you want to say to all of your fans in the world?"
Ayu: *proceeds to talk only about Asian women*
If someone between us is wrong it's probably me, but doesn't she take them as an example and encourages all of her fans to be true to themselves?

Anyway is it me or she said she still writes music, though just as a pass-time? It gave me some sort of sweet feeling, even if I could be wrong about it too.
Old 26th February 2016, 07:42 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubuki View Post
If someone between us is wrong it's probably me, but doesn't she take them as an example and encourages all of her fans to be true to themselves?

Anyway is it me or she said she still writes music, though just as a pass-time? It gave me some sort of sweet feeling, even if I could be wrong about it too.
Yeah, that's the way I'm taking it as well, but that's because I'm overly optimistic lol But I think at the end of the statement she says something along the lines of "That's why I'm proud to be one of you" (I'm not sure, and I can't check it because the video is not loading for me anymore), which could kinda be interpreted that she was only speaking to her Asian female fans. But again, I'm not taking it too seriously

I think she meant that she writes lyrics? Though she might be writing music, too. I think sometime around Rule/Sparkle release she said that she wrote some music but in the end it was never released because avex didn't think it was good enough?
Old 26th February 2016, 07:51 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
Thank you Aderianu for the link !!! :p
Old 26th February 2016, 08:58 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I liked her answer about music and how she prefers to stay true to herself by making the music she wants to make and not making the music people expect her to make ...

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 26th February 2016, 09:05 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Yeah, that's the way I'm taking it as well, but that's because I'm overly optimistic lol But I think at the end of the statement she says something along the lines of "That's why I'm proud to be one of you" (I'm not sure, and I can't check it because the video is not loading for me anymore), which could kinda be interpreted that she was only speaking to her Asian female fans. But again, I'm not taking it too seriously

I think she meant that she writes lyrics? Though she might be writing music, too. I think sometime around Rule/Sparkle release she said that she wrote some music but in the end it was never released because avex didn't think it was good enough?
Just watched it again (so weird: usually I am the one with network problems). Yes, in the end she said something like "I'm so proud of being one of your likes", but maybe she switched to her fans for a while and then returned to Asian women? No, ok, more likely I'm just seeing it as I like the most, ahah. I was kind of confused by her "you guys", because I never heard or read it referred to a group of females only, but English is spoken very poorly in my country, so you sure know better

About writing music now I'm 99% sure: she said "I write music OR lyrics", so she should refer to composing. Unluckily, I never read the thing you're talking about, but when she made the shoot for BAZAAR's 25th Anniversary I think she said something like composing is her favourite part of making a song but she doesn't do it anymore because it makes her feel bad for some reason I don't remember (sorry: I read the interview only once and I was in a really bad mood). Maybe it's related to what you said... she didn't take it too good when she was fired by COLUMBIA Nippon (if I remember the name correctly), and it would be a pretty similar situation, though many years have passed and Ayu went through changes.

I didn't mean writing music at a professional level, anyway. I'd love a comeback from my favourite composer, but as an hard-dying pessimist I prefer not to think about such a thing at all. I feel pretty intrusive saying it since it's her private life, but I had that sweet feeling because I find it lovely that she still amuses herself with songwriting.
Spoiler:
Sorry for being so long .///.'
Old 26th February 2016, 09:32 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubuki View Post
Just watched it again (so weird: usually I am the one with network problems). Yes, in the end she said something like "I'm so proud of being one of your likes", but maybe she switched to her fans for a while and then returned to Asian women? No, ok, more likely I'm just seeing it as I like the most, ahah. I was kind of confused by her "you guys", because I never heard or read it referred to a group of females only, but English is spoken very poorly in my country, so you sure know better

About writing music now I'm 99% sure: she said "I write music OR lyrics", so she should refer to composing. Unluckily, I never read the thing you're talking about, but when she made the shoot for BAZAAR's 25th Anniversary I think she said something like composing is her favourite part of making a song but she doesn't do it anymore because it makes her feel bad for some reason I don't remember (sorry: I read the interview only once and I was in a really bad mood). Maybe it's related to what you said... she didn't take it too good when she was fired by COLUMBIA Nippon (if I remember the name correctly), and it would be a pretty similar situation, though many years have passed and Ayu went through changes.

I didn't mean writing music at a professional level, anyway. I'd love a comeback from my favourite composer, but as an hard-dying pessimist I prefer not to think about such a thing at all. I feel pretty intrusive saying it since it's her private life, but I had that sweet feeling because I find it lovely that she still amuses herself with songwriting.
Spoiler:
Sorry for being so long .///.'
Well yeah, I was hoping she meant to encourage all fans to be like Asian women. About "guys": I'm not a native English speaker neither, so I definitely don't know better than you XD But I think technically it normally refers to boys, but I've seen a lot of people use it for any gender. Especially considering she's not a native English speaker herself. I think guys is the best translation for "minasan"?

I'm not sure about the music part, I'm unfortunately unable to rewatch the video, and I don't remember it word-by-word. I would love for CREA to make a comeback as well... I think she just doesn't feel confident about her composing skills.
Old 26th February 2016, 09:49 PM
ayu trance Initiate

She said word for word that when people give her off time she still prefers to do her work "writing songs or lyrics" so yeah maybe one day she will share some of these with us I hope so ...

I'm happy because I'm not fluent but I understand nearly everything she says she has really make great progress since the CNN's interview back in 2006 she sound pretty natural now not perfect yet she doesn't need a translator anyway the principal is to be understood =)

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 26th February 2016, 10:01 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Well yeah, I was hoping she meant to encourage all fans to be like Asian women. About "guys": I'm not a native English speaker neither, so I definitely don't know better than you XD But I think technically it normally refers to boys, but I've seen a lot of people use it for any gender. Especially considering she's not a native English speaker herself. I think guys is the best translation for "minasan"?

I'm not sure about the music part, I'm unfortunately unable to rewatch the video, and I don't remember it word-by-word. I would love for CREA to make a comeback as well... I think she just doesn't feel confident about her composing skills.
But I see you live in UK, at least... last time I've been there must've been like... 2011 summer? It's one of the places I love the most, I hope I'll have a chance to move there someday <3 Anyway I think "guys" could be the best translation for "minasan" too, but so far I've only seen it referred to groups containing at least a male. Maybe she wanted to avoid "girls" seeing it referred to only younger women and couldn't find a better term, though.

As I said, she went something like "Write music or lyrics", so maybe she still has some fun writing something to play with the keyboard or the piano, but even if as I said CREA is my favourite composer, I understand her if she's not sure about her skills. Also, composing at a professional level must be so hard. I mean, even if I'm not really into music as an art to make (in other words I just listen to it), I sometimes try to think about a new melody but I always end up realizing it's actually a song I already know. Writing poems is just so much easier to me (then, of course, we must see how much Ayu and I differ on this point of view)

EDIT: mizuki seemingly confirmed me while I was writing

Last edited by Fubuki; 26th February 2016 at 10:04 PM.