Ayu's social networks - Discussion #49 - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th March 2018, 03:55 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ people just gonna hate Timmy to hate.

I remember when he first came around and I felt like he was shoved down our throats, but over time hes becomes just as obnoxious as her other back up singers were. I'm not saying they were bad or anything, but I feel like there is no real difference.
Old 25th March 2018, 05:07 PM
Because of You Initiate

The new pics are sparking my interest. I need them in HQ lol
Old 25th March 2018, 05:17 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Hate for Timmy is really not needed. The way he is dressing is not reinforcing any stereotypes. It is his unique expression and it should be respected.
Old 25th March 2018, 05:20 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^and even if it's not "his" but ayu's expression (since she dresses him that way) well then, that's how it is and as Sky High wrote, hate isn't needed and it should just be respected.

Old 25th March 2018, 05:24 PM
Because of You Initiate

i don't think i've ever hated him lol he looks ridiculous but i dunno, i think by now everyone should be already used to his presence on stage. I mean it's been Ayu&CO for a while now rather than Ayumi Hamasaki and backup singers lol They are no longer supporting the show, they have been A PART of it for a looooong time now.
Old 25th March 2018, 05:36 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
The new pics are sparking my interest. I need them in HQ lol
The ones on twitter seem to be a bit more HQ (2,048px × 1,454px) than the ones on Facebook, if that helps haha
Old 25th March 2018, 08:17 PM
And Then Initiate

I said in another thread months ago that Timmy was dressed like some gogo dancers you can see in Shinjuku Nichome, the gay district in Tokyo. His clothes are not just ugly and ridiculous, they have a reason behind. Ayu said she likes to spend time in Nichome bars so probably she took inspiration from them.

It's funny because most of times people complain about something Ayu does it's because they have a BIG lack of knowledge about Japanese culture (like the one who said the monkey in Made in Japan tour was annoying lol)

The day AHS understands that Ayumi Hamasaki is a Japanese product FOR Japanese people maybe things will change
Old 25th March 2018, 09:12 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Ayu cut her hair ?

Old 25th March 2018, 09:14 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

^Nah, think she just removed her extensions. It surely will be back for the tour.

^^ sooo.... you are so well educated, you know every meaning behind every symbol Ayu is using in her shows? Impressive.
No need to laugh at others' knowledge. It's an international forum. Not everyone knows everything about the Japanese culture, and it doesn't have to be in order to like what Ayu is doing.

Whether you do or don't like Timmy's clothes, or think the monkey is annoying... it doesn't have anything to do with the show, or its fantasticness, so let people enjoy whatever they want to enjoy.

Old 25th March 2018, 09:39 PM
TO BE Initiate

^ Yeah but people keep complaining and telling Ayu to "stop forcing this and that down our throats", so yabieru's point is very valid. You don't need to like everything, but it just comes across as very entitled attitude to expect her to stop doing something when you don't even understand the point or reason why she's doing what she's doing.
Old 25th March 2018, 10:07 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

But aside from Chibi-Chan post, I don't really interpret their comments like some sort of attack towards an element in an Ayu-show. The thing I "understood" is that Timmy or... a dancer dressed up as a monkey, is stealing away the spotlight from Ayu. Maybe I did read the intention wrong.

Surely, what yabieru says is valid. Understandable even.
I was a bit triggered because it sounded very mocking. I also do not know about the sub culture, I thought Ayu dresses Timmy this way in order to show support to LGBT culture. Guess I wasn't that wrong, but even though yabieru probably did not refer to me, I felt dumbed down for not knowing certain things.

Also it is night here. Should get off the internet, haha
No harm intended. Sorry!

Old 25th March 2018, 10:44 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^So why doens't people just ask if there's a reason behind stuff instead of bitching around? Not knowing stuff is totally ok, and considering Ayu's work is based around a certain culture, sometimes heavily so, its also expected. The way people react over here when this happens is what is really bothering.

It's like people complaining all over again that MIJ album cover isn't Ayu dressed up as a geisha hiding a pikachu made of sushi.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 25th March 2018, 11:28 PM
And Then Initiate

@xLuna&1LOVE Sorry if you feel triggered because of my post. It wasn't my intention. English is not my native language and sometimes I don't know some expressions sounds harder than I think. My point is what Machiko and Andrenekoi said. Of course I don't know every symbol behind Ayu's work but I try to understand instead of complaining about some details, because sometimes it's just a cultural difference and for me, to discover that every detail has a reason makes me love Ayu's work even more
Old 25th March 2018, 11:43 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

hope the extensions come back for the tour. if not, she looks gorgeous anyway.

I love Timmy. just wanted to point this out.

that fanmade header she's using now is cute.
Old 26th March 2018, 12:13 AM
still alone Initiate

Sorry but no one is "hating" Timmy here. Hate is a strong word. Just because there is an opinion you don't like or agree with or is critical, doesn't mean the person saying it is a "hater". AHS seems to have a weird phobia of anything that is not "positive". It's okay for people to not like something and express their opinion.
I don't think anyone hates Timmy. As I said earlier, it's nothing personal against him. No hate here.
Old 26th March 2018, 02:03 AM

Yeah why is everyone like "don't hate on Timmy". God, I even really like him and am following him on facebook and instagram, BECAUSE I like him. I just don't like how AYU is presenting him on stage.
Old 26th March 2018, 02:54 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

You all might not want to forget what thread this is though before you expand this talk to the point it's simply off-topic. There really should be some thread where people can discuss this topic (meaning talk about Timmy's looks, stage persona overall) so it doesn't pop up everytime he wears something new because it starts with people discussing his look e.g. in this photo but then it gets expanded into all possible ways. Discuss his look in the photo here but if you want to have a talk about Timmy overall, open a thread or something like that.
On the other hand, it's not hard to ignore those posts for me so yea, just after sooo many times of the same Timmy-talk re-appearing, it wouldn't be the worst idea to open a thread about it so people can discuss it there instead.
But this is just my opinion about the whole thing.

And that pullover.. hm... I kinda like it although I do think it looks a bit cheap (altho it's most likely not)

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 26th March 2018 at 03:22 AM.
Old 26th March 2018, 04:33 AM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
Sorry but no one is "hating" Timmy here. Hate is a strong word. Just because there is an opinion you don't like or agree with or is critical, doesn't mean the person saying it is a "hater". AHS seems to have a weird phobia of anything that is not "positive". It's okay for people to not like something and express their opinion.
I don't think anyone hates Timmy. As I said earlier, it's nothing personal against him. No hate here.
Old 26th March 2018, 07:53 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
This!
Old 26th March 2018, 08:26 AM
Initiate

Quote:
YES. THIS.
Closed Thread

Tags
instagram, line, social media, twitter, weibo