The Official Madonna Thread IV - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 15th April 2008, 05:24 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Here you go.

4 Minutes (Timbaland's Mobile Underground Remix)

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

AIM: XStevenProcess
youtube | last.fm | twitter | dailybooth | formspring
You can call me Steven.

MADONNA - STICKY & SWEET TOUR
10-30-08 VANCOUVER BC FRONT ROW

Old 15th April 2008, 02:58 PM
appears Initiate

^ thanks a lot Vinyl I was counting on u man

Verrà l'estate senza avvisare. Un treno lento che costeggia il mare. Sul marciapiede vuoto alla stazione, ti farai trovare.
Sempre ti aspetto. Apro per te ogni finestra, respiro e l'aria e' fresca.
Sempre ti aspetto. Salvami stanco e infelice. Nell'aria la tua luce
Old 15th April 2008, 03:51 PM
BRILLANTE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylfantasy View Post
woohohoh thank you,steven
Old 15th April 2008, 09:28 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

30 SECOND HARD CANDY STREAMABLE PREVIEWS HERE!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Last edited by Vinylfantasy; 15th April 2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 15th April 2008, 09:35 PM
Two of us Initiate

WHAT@!?#!@$?@!

MUST LISTEN!!!

edit: GIVE IT 2 ME IS SO SWEEEET

heartbeat and miles away sound kind of similar... similar beat, but different style songs. Good nonetheless.

the verse that comes in at the end of the She's Not Me preview reminds me of that song Supernatural on the B-Side of the Cherish single for some reason.

mmm Voices sounds promising too despite the fact that none of the reviews seem to spotlight it as one of the better tracks.

I can't say any of these songs sound bad And they near all sound positively Madonna. WILL NOT DISAPPOINT!

i needed those previews bad. they should hold me over. i was getting antsy.

Last edited by jknza2664; 15th April 2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 15th April 2008, 09:42 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Listen to Madonna's WKQI Detroit Interview

Madonna was interviewed earlier on the "Mojo In The Morning" show on Detroit's 95.5 WKQI radio station. Visit this page to hear it.
Source: Drowned Madonna

Quote:
Another great review - by Rolling Stone

Dominance isn't just a fetish for Madonna, it's her religion. It's no accident that she opened each show on 2005's Confessions on a Dance Floor tour by clenching a riding crop in her hand, jerking a gagged male dancer around by a leather leash. And she never puts down the whip: Since 1986's True Blue, Madonna has claimed writing or production credits on every one of her songs, even when she worked with dance-music artists such as William Orbit, Mirwais Ahmadzaï and Stuart Price. So it's surprising that her eleventh studio album — her final one for longtime label Warner Bros. — is an act of submission. For Hard Candy, Madonna's midlife meditation on her own relevance, she lets top-shelf producers make her their plaything.

A songwriting team of American chart royalty helps Madonna revisit her roots as an urban-disco queen. Madonna isn't even the star on the first single, "4 Minutes": Timbaland and Nate "Danja" Hills provide a clanging whopper of a beat, and her vocal bobs alongside Justin Timberlake's, fighting not to drown in the brassy funk of a marching band. Timberlake is the album's melody doctor, and he steals from his own broody "What Goes Around . . . Comes Around" on Madonna's "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You." Madonna co-wrote but didn't co-produce the Timberlake-Timbaland team's five songs, which smack more of their creators' stamps than her own. The songs are solid, but slightly anonymous, as though they could be stripped down and peddled to other singers.

The creative tension between Madonna and the Neptunes' Pharrell Williams crackles. Williams bangs on paint cans to generate the beat on the innuendo-laden opener, "Candy Shop", and pumps up the thumpy self-empowerment anthem "Give It 2 Me" with clubby synths that trumpet one of Madonna's favorite life-dance-sex metaphors: "Don't stop me now, don't need to catch my breath/I can go on and on." "Heartbeat" pulses like "Lucky Star," and the soulful "Beat Goes On" (which features an uninspired Kanye West cameo) is one of a handful of tracks with bells and whistles — the classic disco "toot-toot, beep-beep" — traceable to two of Madonna's touchstones: Chic, whose Nile Rodgers helped steer her early career, and Donna Summer.

Like Confessions, Hard Candy celebrates dance as salvation, but even the euphorically groovy "Heartbeat" and "Dance 2night" strike wistful notes. Although the uptempo set features no ballads, the dominant lyrical themes — regret, yearning, distrust — are far from upbeat. Morphing from a syncopated shuffle into a lathery, orgasmic hysteria, Pharrell's "Incredible" is a challenging song about longing for a relationship's idyllic beginning. There's a melancholy pining in Timbaland-Timberlake's lush "Miles Away," which implies that all is not peachy in the house of Richie. "You always have the biggest heart when we're 6,000 miles apart," Madonna sings. International pop megastars — they're just like us!

The album's weakest moment is its most emotionally vapid. Madonna dips into Español for the painfully literal "Spanish Lesson." She has said the music was inspired by a Baltimore dance called the Percolator but seems more indebted to Timberlake ís fast-strummed "Like I Love You." Fortunately, there's also the bass-popping retro-boogie "She's Not Me," where Madonna imagines her lovers feeling buyers' remorse for being seduced by a copycat who "doesn't have my name." The offender who's "reading my books and stealing my looks and lingerie" could be any young pop starlet. But it also seems like an oddly timed barb at Madonna's now-fallen successor, Britney Spears, who has teamed up with many of the guys on Hard Candy — Pharrell, Danja and (ahem) Timberlake — and Madonna herself.

Madonna can still scoff at wanna-be's half her age because she's stayed so flexible with her sound. (She's performed a similar feat with her body, devoting herself to a yoga regimen that's made her impossibly elastic — name another near-fifty-year-old who can still rock a hot crotch shot on her album cover.) Even when she wrestles with Pharrell's abrupt stylistic changes or lets herself get absorbed in a Timberlake melody, Madonna still finds her way back on top. The atmospheric closing track, "Voices," poses the question "Who is the master, who is the slave?" before its operatic wind-down ends in a dramatic bell toll. The answer to both questions is still Madonna.
Source: Rolling Stone

Quote:
Queen Bottle

Following the custom of producing special edition bottles every year, the French water company Evian has lately unveiled the limited edition bottles by elite fashion design house Christian Lacroix.

Lacroix has designed an exclusive Evian water bottle in the style of an enchanted ice queen. Inspired by the red wedding dress he created for Madonna, the water bottles are part of the Design Icons exhibition at Harrods in London. One of the 99 bottles that have been made will be auctioned in aid of the Royal Marsden Hospital, and the minimum reserve will be £1000.
Source: Vogue (found on Madonna Tribe)

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Last edited by Vinylfantasy; 15th April 2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 16th April 2008, 02:57 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Check out M's message to Perez Hilton. I just LOVE it when she gets all coy. *melts*

Teddy is Perez's dog by the way.

----------------------------------------------
A REMINDER!

US fans, the 4 Minutes EP is now up on iTunes with the remix edits. Please support M by purchasing these tracks. Remember to buy each track SEPARATELY not as the "Buy Album" option.

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Last edited by Vinylfantasy; 16th April 2008 at 03:49 AM.
Old 16th April 2008, 03:47 AM
from your letter Initiate

I feel old remember seeing her Blond Ambition Concert back in 1990. Truth be told I have been a Madonna fan since her first album and this one changes nothing I still love the womans music.

Set by tasking, my love <3

Old 16th April 2008, 04:23 AM
Because of You Initiate

the leak version Beat goes on is sort of different from the preview.

Nice work, and lots of good songs can be singles.....

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 16th April 2008, 04:28 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

It's almost completely different, even the lyrics.

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Old 16th April 2008, 04:44 AM
monochrome Initiate

Ohhhh my God.
This album is going to be AMAZING!!!! I think I love every song already.
Here is a link to the previews all in one youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbud2f-hYco
Old 16th April 2008, 04:45 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I went ahead and uploaded an mp3 file I found of the previews for those of you that are interested. I'll update it once separated ones become available.

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Old 16th April 2008, 05:51 AM
dddaiyamondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty518 View Post
Ohhhh my God.
This album is going to be AMAZING!!!! I think I love every song already.
Here is a link to the previews all in one youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbud2f-hYco
I listened to this earlier today and all I have to say is EPIC FAIL. Every song sounds exactly alike, the only one I like is "Miles Away." After the genius of COAD I am really really disappointed.
Old 16th April 2008, 07:15 AM
Two of us Initiate

I wouldn't say it's an epic fail, or a fail at all

Although I agree all the songs sound kind of similar, I'd definitely say the same thing about COAD, and not even just based off the previews haha But Timbaland does have a penchant for making everything he produces sound EXACTLY the same and using the SAME beats. I really don't like him. But I think that even though there's a lot of sameness, that doesn't detract from the songs' overall quality. And who knows, maybe the full versions will allow the songs to differentiate themselves better. Let's keep in mind these are 30 sec. previews of 11 unheard songs, alot of which are like really really long for pop songs.

Just like COAD was a big blob of songs that blended into eachother, it was an effing good blob that I listen to alot. Worse comes to worse, the sameness will make it tiresome to listen to the album the whole way through, but the individual songs all sound amazing to me.
Old 16th April 2008, 07:22 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

It's called being cohesive.

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Old 16th April 2008, 08:19 AM
Because of You Initiate

When you get drunk in the club, all these songs are hell good (Though they are good enough for me).

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 16th April 2008, 08:30 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I can't wait to see the queens prancing around to Give it 2 Me and She's Not Me in full force. It's not gonna be pretty.

Madonna "Hard Candy" Live Soup Interview

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Last edited by Vinylfantasy; 16th April 2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 16th April 2008, 09:42 AM
dddaiyamondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknza2664 View Post
Just like COAD was a big blob of songs that blended into eachother, it was an effing good blob that I listen to alot. Worse comes to worse, the sameness will make it tiresome to listen to the album the whole way through, but the individual songs all sound amazing to me.
COAD felt very cohesive, like 56 minutes of being in an amazing Europop club. That's how I looked at it. It all flowed together and really took me someplace. This album all sounds the same, but in a very bad way, IMO. The majority of it feels like such a step backward. Unless hearing the full versions somehow makes me change my mind, Hard Candy is definitely my least of the diva albums of 2008. MC and Janet's albums were much better IMO.
Old 16th April 2008, 10:50 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylfantasy View Post
I can't wait to see the queens prancing around to Give it 2 Me and She's Not Me in full force. It's not gonna be pretty.

Madonna "Hard Candy" Live Soup Interview

That was a really good interview. She seemed very personable in it and it was interesting to hear her answers to the questions. It's funny though, because when she was asked the question about who the biggest diva was, we all know she was thinking it was Timbaland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaiyamondo View Post
Unless hearing the full versions somehow makes me change my mind, Hard Candy is definitely my least of the diva albums of 2008. MC and Janet's albums were much better IMO.
Wow. I do really like E=MC2 but saying Discipline is better than Hard Candy makes my head want to explode. Wow, I haven't even heard this album in its entirety and I know it will kick Discipline's ass

Old 16th April 2008, 11:34 AM
dddaiyamondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondingo View Post
Wow. I do really like E=MC2 but saying Discipline is better than Hard Candy makes my head want to explode. Wow, I haven't even heard this album in its entirety and I know it will kick Discipline's ass
I haven't heard anything that can come close to "Feedback," "Luv," "Rollercoaster," or "Rock With U" on Hard Candy. Janet will obviously sell the worst of the three but I still think her album has way more standout tracks. I have to say that the clips from Hard Candy are growing on me, though.

Tags
hard candy, madonna, sticky and sweet, tour