CDJapan vs Yesasia. - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 18th October 2009, 05:02 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

well,if you want free shipping,another option you can choose is Play-Asia (which you can click on my siggy there)...they are giving free shipping for most of their tiems(at least yes,for ayu's stuff) but its not counted in oricon T_T

Old 18th October 2009, 05:04 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisyume View Post

I ALWAYS get problems with the toll when ordering from CDJapan...
and it took forever to get the stuff even if I spent insane amounts of money for fast shipping. never had good luck with CDJapan

never ever any problems with yesasia - the prices are good and the shipping is fast and cheap. no problems with the toll or payment, no broken items or anything bad. very good luck with yesasia

this
same happens to me xD

So I prefer yesasia ^^
Old 18th October 2009, 07:35 AM
BALLAD Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Wind View Post
^Well like I said it depends. I'm not too sure why they shipped it too me so quickly but that was in 2008 since I don't use them for buying Cpop now. Possibility that they take longer now.
well for YA, their shipping USED to be fast, i can receive them within 7 days, but from this year onwards, my order starts to arrive slower and slower, it takes at least 6 days or up to 3 weeks to reach me....goodness, i live in singapore, which is so close to Hongkong!
Or worse....i have my order lost, after waiting for 3 weeks, then they told me to wait for a more week, if my order still did not arrive then they will resend it.

in the end, i got my order 1 month and 3 weeks later....

hmm....i prefer CDJapan, even for regular airmail, i still get them in 1 week, or with EMS, i can get them ON the release date, or even BEFORE the release date. i got my NEXT LEVEL usb(first press) 1 or 2 day before release date!

BUT, there's another GREAT option, HMV Japan!!!!

-counts towards Oricon

-fast shipping, they use standard register mail, reach you in 1 week and shipping not expensive, if you get 2 items, the shipping price is the same as shipping 1 item!!!

-cheaper price, there are times that on the release date the price will drop and even if you preorder, they will charge u the cheaper price! (i save at least USD$8 on my Kuu's Black Cherry CD+2DVD, compare to YA and CDJapan)

i would strongly recommend hmv japan if you are preordering any cds, unless you are like me, who wants the order in ASAP, then i will go with CdJapan's EMS(coz i want them on the release date or 1 day after)

My Instagram

Last edited by LacusClyne; 18th October 2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 18th October 2009, 09:57 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Wind View Post
I think YesAsia's shipping depends on where you live. Cause I live in Canada and it usually arrives in 3 days with free shipping.
Well it's weird cuz I live in Serbia (EU), Karen lives in Singapore (Asia) and she is way closer to HK than I am, it's weird that we both get the cds after like 14 days lol

Some of the CDs I got from YA did come with broken CD cases, but the last time I ordered from CDJapan "a song is born"s case was totally smashed on the back so I didn't even open it yet

Atm I have more than 7k points on CDJapan so I am stuck with them for a while xD

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 18th October 2009, 12:03 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I prefer YesAsia.
I never buy just one CD, so free shipping is always available for me. In general the prices are a bit higher, but it's just about 3€ difference we're talking about. There are few cases where YesAsia is much more expensive than CDJapan though, just compare.
YesAsia has a much bigger offer. And if you don't care that much waiting a bit longer for your order to arrive, YesAsia is absolutely fine. I never get anything lost or broken.
I use CDJapan only for rare items or when I order just one item. The points system is great, but it really only pays off when you order a lot.
Old 18th October 2009, 01:12 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Well it's weird cuz I live in Serbia (EU), Karen lives in Singapore (Asia) and she is way closer to HK than I am, it's weird that we both get the cds after like 14 days lol

Some of the CDs I got from YA did come with broken CD cases, but the last time I ordered from CDJapan "a song is born"s case was totally smashed on the back so I didn't even open it yet

Atm I have more than 7k points on CDJapan so I am stuck with them for a while xD
omg dude 7,000 worth of points on CDJapan ? wow man wow

The worst experience I had with YesAsia was when I ordered both the CD only type A & B for BREAKERZ's 1st 2 singles ie. 4 singles of them

I don't know how & why but only 3 of the correct title(s) came & the other one was Aoyama Thelma Feat SoulJa's Sobi ni Iru ne which was o_O on every single level

in the end I sold that off away & ordered the correct title from HMV Japan

up to now , I still wonder how YesAsia's able to mix up BREAKERZ with Aoyama Thelma of all people in my order

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 18th October 2009, 03:04 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

you didn't e-mailed them bout the mistakes they made?what item did they listed on the invoice?

Old 18th October 2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanakopy87 View Post
you didn't e-mailed them bout the mistakes they made?what item did they listed on the invoice?
I did but lazy lah because I think I had to mail the single back to their office in Hong Kong in which I feel it's stupid

in the end , I bought the correct single from HMV Japan together with BREAKERZ's Ao no Mirai mini album LOL

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 18th October 2009, 03:17 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

lol....but you sell it off with a cheaper price ?

Old 18th October 2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanakopy87 View Post
lol....but you sell it off with a cheaper price ?
yeah , that happened last year on here so yup

Old 18th October 2009, 08:36 PM
CAROLS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
up to now , I still wonder how YesAsia's able to mix up BREAKERZ with Aoyama Thelma of all people in my order

AHAHA that's one funny mix up
that's like mixing up gackt and alan

Old 19th October 2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisyume View Post

AHAHA that's one funny mix up

that's like mixing up gackt and alan

lmao yeah it's totally stupid & dumb on their part

it's a good thing that I listened to Aoyama's material if not ick

Old 19th October 2009, 02:22 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

i purchase once from yesasia.
i ordered ayu's YOU maxi single with ayu's sports towel and my friend cd...all are ready stock but maxi single is not.i waited around 5 days to let them search for the cd and i did e-mailed them 1 or 2 times in between but they didn't reply me...i begin to worry as the summer sales is going to end soon that time.thanks to lacus's advice,i finally cancelled that order and re-make my order without that maxi single.What i'm pissed off is they did not update me if they can find that YOU maxi single or not.and,one more thing is their box look cheap...very cheap

this is how play-asia put all my stuffs into the box and send to me

and this is how yesasia send the parcel to me

Old 19th October 2009, 02:55 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^ wow look like sombody went thru your box before they mail it out to you lol. Anyway, I use Yesasia before never had any issues yet...I use them if I want to get new release cd. Anything old I use Playasia, they're pretty good too.
Old 19th October 2009, 03:11 AM
TO BE Initiate

I prefer to use CDJapan, mainly because Yesasia sent my copy of This is the One with a broken case, actually thats an understatement, it was like completely demolished

Also, for pre-orders I HIGHLY suggest you use CDJapan, with EMS my items come literally the day or even the day before the release date. Though it comes at a cost T_T
Old 19th October 2009, 03:16 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Very interesting I must say.

Seems like yesasia's packing kinda sucks!

Facebook | Twitter

Old 19th October 2009, 03:19 AM
CAROLS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by omably View Post
Also, for pre-orders I HIGHLY suggest you use CDJapan, with EMS my items come literally the day or even the day before the release date. Though it comes at a cost T_T

yes and we who actually need food and a apartment to live dont have money for this. so I'd rather wait like that extra 1 - 3 weeks for a CHEAP HQ hong kong version to come to yesasia.

last time I ordered from cdjapan I ordered two albums and one single everthing was fine but I spent 30€ to get it fast but it got stuck in the toll so it took me 3 weeks to get it as fastest and had to pay 40€ for the toll every single time

so lets see

CDs: 60€
shipping: 30€
toll: 40€

= 2 albums and 1 single now only 130€ and you will get it in 3 weeks or more! good luck!

oh dont worry guys that's just about 200 US dollars! So cheap! love it

ah yes I should tell about yesasia too!

Items Subtotal: USD 131.48
Shipping & Handling Fee : USD 25.93 / 13 shipment units
Sales Tax: USD 0.00
Grand Total : USD 157.41

can this be true? lots of singles, albums and a poster+calendar for 160 dollars?

shipping of ALL the singles, albums & poster in 4 - 8 days - split shipment - oh wait this had to cost 10,000 dollars - what? 26 dollars? all? really?

so what did the toll shi- cost! .... nothing! 0,00000€

oh the packaging must be CRAP and everything is broken? nope, the packaging was so good that I just looked at all the stuff for 5 minutes like ''you could ship bombs in these without any risk at all!''

I'll stick with yesasia

Last edited by nemesisyume; 19th October 2009 at 03:34 AM.
Old 19th October 2009, 04:24 AM
BALLAD Initiate

^hmm...i get your point, cdjapan shipping does costs a lot, since you are on a tight budget, how about giving hmv hongkong a try? there's OS versions and prices CAN be CHEAPER then Yesasia...oh and reach you faster.

here's the url
http://www.hmv.hk/

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post

well....YA have 2 offices, one in Hongkong and the other in US. so if you are in europe, your order is ship from US, not hongkong...since you order from the global site

My Instagram

Last edited by LacusClyne; 19th October 2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 19th October 2009, 04:30 AM
JEWEL Initiate

For me, the biggest con about CD Japan is the shipping! It's WAY too expensive. But I hear that various depending on where you live. With YA, I've never had any MAJOR problems (even got a free CD by accident from them once xD; ) but sometimes it takes a while for an item to arrive.
Old 20th October 2009, 08:47 PM
independent Initiate

CDJapan's shipping costs are quite expensive but my packages arrived on the release date and were in perfect condition

I have a question for the people who order from yseasia and live in Europe:
I ordered for the first time from yesasia and yesterday they shipped out my stuff.

1) I would like to know how long it usually takes, a estimation would be enough for me

2) Did anyone ever have to pay toll for your stuff? Yesasia says they'll pay it for me but I am not sure how.
I live in Germany and here you have to pay toll if your stuff is over 22€. I ordered stuff for 50€ and I am really worried that I have to pay toll.

Tags
cdjapan, yesasia