[News] Who...10th Anniversary Full Version - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 9th September 2008, 03:24 AM
from your letter Initiate

THANKS LOADS!!! (:

Set's credits to majrakun
Old 9th September 2008, 03:24 AM
Two of us Initiate

Lol, I'm waiting until I get the cd.
Old 9th September 2008, 03:33 AM
JEWEL Initiate

So the news about the Mandarin version is true.....?

-edit-

So I gave in and listened to the 10th anni version of Who..., you can totally tell her voice and singing style has changed. Her voice sounds a bit... I don't know how to describe it.... "harsh" it doesn't sound as beautiful as in her other ballads. I don't think it's necessarily a bad song or a bad remake, it's just the differences are so obvious here. I'm kind of curious for her future ballads though...

-edit yet again?-

So I'm listening to it again xD; "harsh" wasn't the right word, I don't know what would be the right word though.... I guess I was expecting more of a JEWEL/HEAVEN sound to it, vocally. I like it better than when I first heard it though.

Last edited by jbrat2219; 9th September 2008 at 04:21 AM.
Old 9th September 2008, 05:00 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
^ Ouch! Is it really that bad? =/
her voice just isn't that soothing as it used to be. her voice doesn't have that clarity anymore. it's more... husky. i guess thats the right word if not harsh, haha... but i like doing karaoke with her recent songs now... i like to play my voice to that heavy a~~~~ and oo~~~~
Old 9th September 2008, 05:10 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda87 View Post
her voice just isn't that soothing as it used to be. her voice doesn't have that clarity anymore. it's more... husky. i guess thats the right word if not harsh, haha... but i like doing karaoke with her recent songs now... i like to play my voice to that heavy a~~~~ and oo~~~~
Omg you totally described exactly what I was thinking but couldn't say! xD;

It's "not as soothing and doesn't have that clarity anymore" thats seriously what I ment hahahaha
Old 9th September 2008, 05:32 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Gah, her vibrato is bugging me again. It's too mechanical. I mean, I still really like the song and have listened to it a bagillion times already, but it's not my favorite song vocally, that's for sure. I listened to Theme of A-Nation`03 today and I wish she would have sung it more like that. Her voice sounded really good on that track.
Old 9th September 2008, 10:34 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Nice! Thanks for the link!
Old 10th September 2008, 03:12 AM
neverending dream Initiate

Okay everyone here is confusing me, Who I realize is resung and remastered and such does that mean all of the other tracks on A Complete are also resung?
Old 10th September 2008, 03:23 AM
from your letter Initiate

only who is resung, but im not sure if the other songs are remastered

通り抜けた風がなんだか優しかった
明日の今頃もあなたを愛している

-theme of a-nation '03
Old 10th September 2008, 03:38 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Every song on A COMPLETE has been / was remastered.

Remastered simply means re-mixing all of the tracks. Like all the layers (vocals, guitars, drums, etc) are adjusted with new volumes and so on. Only like around 5 Ayu tracks needed this though since A BEST and A BEST 2 remastered MANY of the single tracks already. (Like poker face, YOU, Bold&Delicious.. those needed to be remastered, while mostly everything else was already remastered for the best albums.)

I don't see why anyone would think that remastered = rearranged/resung though... you just kinda need to look it up.
Old 10th September 2008, 03:44 AM
neverending dream Initiate

^I know remastered isn't resinging a song, Who just threw me off because it is both resung and remastered and I haven't been following the whole A Complete era of her life, that's why I was wondering if they other songs would be resung, cause I already knew they were being remastered.
Old 10th September 2008, 04:41 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Even if remastered doesn't equal re-arranged, I do hope they make minor adjestments to the arrangements for each track. Kind of subtle like they did in the beginning of Grateful Days on A BEST 2 -WHITE-, something that definitly tells it apart from the original.
Old 10th September 2008, 10:28 PM
YOU Initiate

The song does sound different, but good. Like many people have said her voice does sound different and it will because she has gone deaf. I am not saying this to be rude, but Ayu's voice will sound different her needs will be unique because not many singers are deaf. And for her she will have some work cut out for her vocally wise. Her voice might sound strained because she probably did not record this song until recently, which suggests that the song was recorded during her tour, and her voice will be strained after singing for so long. I think that for her she could use a hiatus to accomadate to her voice and find out what works for her vocally. I don't know if i am blabbling sorry if i offended anyone.

Tags
anniversary, full, version, who...