[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Party Queen~ - Page 19 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd March 2012, 03:24 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

This is getting pretty scary here... Possible "March Madness upset" in the Oricon - in the fact that both artists are under Avex management...

I'm not sure why, but how in the world ABC is maintaining a pace that Ayu cannot even catch up...!?

Well, it seems getting a #1 daily would be too little too late...what's going on???
Old 23rd March 2012, 03:33 PM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
I cant believe that drop... that is horrible...
Sorry ayumi... it seems that you will not be getting a number one this time around.
ABC had a huge drop the barely sold over 10,000 and Ayu was close to 9,000, so not too bad.

Old 23rd March 2012, 03:36 PM
forgiveness Initiate

^^Because ABC have had alot of promotion going on while Avex rested completely on Ayus name in her case. ABC have been promoting his new album since september last year when he announced his new-single-every-month-for-5-months-and-then-a-new-album-next-year(2012)-project. He have also been having free concerts to his fans, free streaming and downloading of the same concert + free downloading of a song. He's been very diligent with his promotion this time.

Avex just assumed that Ayu alone with zero promotion could beat all that. As it occurs, it might not.

I really hope Avex/Ayu take a leasson of this and make something really awesome and mindblowing for her next album/single. I really don't want to see Avex do a Ami Suzuki on Ayu...

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 23rd March 2012, 03:42 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
This is getting pretty scary here... Possible "March Madness upset" in the Oricon - in the fact that both artists are under Avex management...

I'm not sure why, but how in the world ABC is maintaining a pace that Ayu cannot even catch up...!?

Well, it seems getting a #1 daily would be too little too late...what's going on???
You look at the huge amount of promo 2012 has going on -> http://www.acidblackcherry.com/release.html

With so many different pressies that're giving away with the album (be it fanclub or non fanclub exclusive) + the DVD contents in both CD + DVD's of 2012 (In A edition : 7 PVs + special edit versions of the 7 PVs + yasu special interview . In B edition : the full concert footages of last year's Acid Black Christmas concert that was held on Christmas at Osaka-jo Hall) & the quality of the album (as compared to BLACK LIST & Q.E.D. which I like but find them too dark for my liking) , these factors naturally adds up to why 2012 has won over Party Queen

Am I sad that Party Queen didn't get #1 ? no , it's a great album that I enjoy from ayumi but guess this time round , the dark horse has overtaken everyone by surprise in the form of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissElin_ View Post
^^Because ABC have had alot of promotion going on while Avex rested completely on Ayus name in her case. ABC have been promoting his new album since september last year when he announced his new-single-every-month-for-5-months-and-then-a-new-album-next-year(2012)-project. He have also been having free concerts to his fans, free streaming and downloading of the same concert + free downloading of a song. He's been very diligent with his promotion this time.

Avex just assumed that Ayu alone with zero promotion could beat all that. As it occurs, it might not.

I really hope Avex/Ayu take a leasson of this and make something really awesome and mindblowing for her next album/single. I really don't want to see Avex do a Ami Suzuki on Ayu...
all the more reasons yasu is great right ? xD

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 23rd March 2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 23rd March 2012, 04:08 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:

If she weren't steadily decreasing promotion every year I would agree with you. To be honest, I don't think ayu gives a damn about sales. I think we are the only ones frustrated about this. You don't think she could get promotion if she wanted to? She got 26 interviews. She could get a spot on every music show in Japan if she wanted to. I just don't think that is her priority anymore.

And I don't think Avex is to blame. We have a bad habit, as ayu fans, of blaming everything else for the 'bad decisions' in ayu's career when she is most likely the ring leader here. Plus, we have to take into account that ayu is not the new girl anymore. This is her 13th album and it is not one targeted towards casual listeners, the REAL source of sales. So of course PQ isn't doing as well as we had hoped. But I am all for it. If ayu continues to make great music like this instead of basic, generic crap that attracts big sales then I'm a happy fan. No matter if it is #1 or not.
Old 23rd March 2012, 04:12 PM
And Then Initiate

A lot of her "generic crap" that sold very well are some of her best works, actually.
Old 23rd March 2012, 04:46 PM
ayu trance Initiate

What's so wrong with generic music by the way? I had generic music around me even as children in kindergarten. I loved the music we had in kindergarten xD So generic and fun.

Last edited by channy; 23rd March 2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 23rd March 2012, 05:21 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
If she weren't steadily decreasing promotion every year I would agree with you. To be honest, I don't think ayu gives a damn about sales. I think we are the only ones frustrated about this. You don't think she could get promotion if she wanted to? She got 26 interviews. She could get a spot on every music show in Japan if she wanted to. I just don't think that is her priority anymore.

And I don't think Avex is to blame. We have a bad habit, as ayu fans, of blaming everything else for the 'bad decisions' in ayu's career when she is most likely the ring leader here. Plus, we have to take into account that ayu is not the new girl anymore. This is her 13th album and it is not one targeted towards casual listeners, the REAL source of sales. So of course PQ isn't doing as well as we had hoped. But I am all for it. If ayu continues to make great music like this instead of basic, generic crap that attracts big sales then I'm a happy fan. No matter if it is #1 or not.
?

I only tried to explain what ABC have done to get that #1 since Bigtop was wondering. If we are going to ask about what I think personally, I think ABC should get that #1 (his album just works better for me this time around, nothing bad against Ayu, I just like 2012 more) and I really don't bother at all about what her sale numbers is so...

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 23rd March 2012, 05:22 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by microphone View Post
A lot of her "generic crap" that sold very well are some of her best works, actually.
I didn't want to start a fan war but to be clearer by 'basic, generic crap' I meant music from the likes of other artists. Ayu doesn't make crap, generic or otherwise.

Last edited by jbrat2219; 23rd March 2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 23rd March 2012, 05:34 PM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post

I agree with the bold part here. When something "amazing" happens in Ayu's career, fans are happy to credit it all to Ayu, but bad things are blamed on other factors, like what's happening with Timmy.

Old 23rd March 2012, 05:40 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
I agree with the bold part here. When something "amazing" happens in Ayu's career, fans are happy to credit it all to Ayu, but bad things are blamed on other factors, like what's happening with Timmy.
Yeah, and during FIVE it was the collabs, and Love songs maybe TK? But I think he got more praise than flack.

I like that she makes her own decisions good or bad. If she just had her whole career be perfect it would seem to calculated.
Old 23rd March 2012, 05:43 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
?

I only tried to explain what ABC have done to get that #1 since Bigtop was wondering. If we are going to ask about what I think personally, I think ABC should get that #1 (his album just works better for me this time around, nothing bad against Ayu, I just like 2012 more) and I really don't bother at all about what her sale numbers is so...
yasu took 5 LONG years to get his 1st long overdue #1 release & even though I've been an ayumi fan for the past 6 years now , I do admit this time round , I rather the top spot be given to someone else that doesn't have any #1 in his/her discography

And 2012 is #1 worthy . No hard feelings , ayumi , I did ordered a copy of Party Queen so xD

Quote:
I can never understand the over hatred towards Timmy in any single bit :3 . I do admire his composing skills & does it occur to anyone why ayumi picked him to work on her material & why not others ?

I'm sure she saw something in Timmy that we fans probably didn't :O

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 23rd March 2012, 05:44 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

8k only?! =|
Old 23rd March 2012, 05:52 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
I agree too. I mentioned before in my long rant about the sales that Timmy is a big problem with this record, but I'm not blaming this on Timmy pushing himself in. He wouldn't be center stage if Ayu wasn't putting him there.

This has all just been a big disappointment for me. I hope Ayumi goes back to herself after this album. She is such an amazing artist, she really doesn't need to have collaborations to stand out. She clearly didn't need them for success for the first 12 years...
Old 23rd March 2012, 05:55 PM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
ABC had a huge drop the barely sold over 10,000 and Ayu was close to 9,000, so not too bad.
I was just referring to the drop of 18k to 9k... that was horrible..

As for the promotion.. i don't think Ayumi has anything to do with the promotion... besides doing lives... that she might have control over.
But everything... the lack of CM's... posters, general advertising was barely anything and that's not under ayumi's department... thats all avex.
So while the lives i can understand being something ayumi an control and I have no clue why she hasn't done it...
everything else is avex..

I tend to agree that avex was counting on ayumi - the name/brand
Old 23rd March 2012, 08:08 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
As for the promotion.. i don't think Ayumi has anything to do with the promotion... besides doing lives... that she might have control over.
Thanks to Ayu being friends with Mika John, the song "Party Queen" had a tie-in.

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:01 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

She won't reach 100.000...

-Afraid of Tell All chorus-

Old 23rd March 2012, 10:36 PM
Dolls Initiate

I'm actually happy the album is getting #2. The only songs that I've been putting on repeat is reminds me, return road, and tell me why. The other songs are different but they're ok at best imo. I really dislike the covers and booklet pics and only like 2 of the pvs. (return road and how beautiful u are) Although the magazine photo shoots this time around has been quite different and interesting with the pink hair, but there's no tv performances at all. I really want her to perform on tv again. With the album possibly getting weekly #2, I really hope for her next album, Ayu will promote the album more (release singles, tv performances)
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:46 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumiko View Post
With the album possibly getting weekly #2, I really hope for her next album, Ayu will promote the album more (release singles, tv performances)
I'm just hoping that reaching #2 instead of #1 will be the kick in the arse the label need to make them realise that they cannot rely on an artist's name alone to sell an album.

last.fm

Old 23rd March 2012, 10:47 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Wow sales are low but #2 isn't bad.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, oricon, party queen