ARENA TOUR 2012 A ~HOTEL Love songs~ information thread [III] - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 6th October 2012, 09:36 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWELian View Post
??

She sang it flawlessly at all three dates I went to...
People also really responded well to the song. The first time in Shizuoka there was a whole group of girls in the row in front who all just screamed "natsukashii~~~~~~~~"
I must say that this song is one of my favourite performances of the show. I got so excited when the song intro started :-))
She sang it really, really good on 08/11, but on 08/12 she was out of tune the whole song, so it's not fair to say that she sang it flawlessly during both shows in Fukuoka.
Old 6th October 2012, 11:48 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWELian View Post
??

She sang it flawlessly at all three dates I went to...
People also really responded well to the song. The first time in Shizuoka there was a whole group of girls in the row in front who all just screamed "natsukashii~~~~~~~~"
I don't know how to word my response..
I love appears. It's definitely in my top 20 songs of all time.
The reason why I don't like how ayu sings it now is kinda complicated.

Trying to make a long story short: i believe that the song should only be sung in ayu's old, nasally, immature voice. the song as a whole is not supposed to be sung by the ayu of today.
I liked all the other songs, even if they were recorded with a bad mic. appears is just... I've been through so much and i relate to the song SO much and ayu changing the fundamentals of the song is just... Well, it ISNT her fault though. She couldn't control the direction her voice went to. people mature, and so do their voices. The arrangement is alright, though. AND at least some of the midsection was untouched.

If ayu should do ANYTHING, its make a sequel to appears. Something of a continuation with her current voice. Im here for that. I'm not here for her butchering the song with her current voice.

Last edited by Delicious n Bold; 6th October 2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 7th October 2012, 05:37 AM
UNITE! Initiate

^ I'd hate to see your reaction to the 4/8 recording of "appears"... or have you heard that one? It was kind of like a replay of Mirrorcle World at Kouhaku '08 when I saw it live... Yeah, Ayu messed up a bit every now and then, but still. lol.

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Old 7th October 2012, 07:43 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
With how far apart people live I don't think she will go. Even though it may technically be considered part of Asia(never heard of that before, btw), it's a country with western culture and language, the vast majority of people have never heard about Ayumi and the density of people living there is so low it's logistically a bad idea to go unless you know for a fact you have many fans that will come.
Australians don't live far apart from each other and Australia is only a 9hr flight from Melbourne to Tokyo. And Iv guess you never seen the citys now a days. They are basically made up of Asian's now a days along with other cultures, with ayumi stuff not that hard to find in the city's, if you know where to look Australia also has a tie to Japan going back ages. The town I live's sister city is Takasago

Last edited by douggn; 7th October 2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 7th October 2012, 08:10 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Who cares if she messed up singing a song. She's allowed to, especially touring and performing over and over.

Old 7th October 2012, 08:18 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
With how far apart people live I don't think she will go. Even though it may technically be considered part of Asia(never heard of that before, btw), it's a country with western culture and language, the vast majority of people have never heard about Ayumi and the density of people living there is so low it's logistically a bad idea to go unless you know for a fact you have many fans that will come.
Actually Asian music is booming here in North America. People are starting to grow tired of the same old and want something new. In fact there are some K-Pop and Japanese artists touring here in the US right now and are really gaining a following and getting noticed. So Ayu can really tap into that. Its not thàt she can't, she never tried. Look at all the other successful forgien artists who've been successful going international, Ayu could be amongst them.

Old 7th October 2012, 01:48 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyPinkGirl View Post
Actually Asian music is booming here in North America. People are starting to grow tired of the same old and want something new. In fact there are some K-Pop and Japanese artists touring here in the US right now and are really gaining a following and getting noticed. So Ayu can really tap into that. Its not thàt she can't, she never tried. Look at all the other successful forgien artists who've been successful going international, Ayu could be amongst them.
Korean pop is mostly produced by European and American producers so it's not really anything new and the same goes for many jpop artists, at least the ones doing mainstream stuff. I don't think any of them will ever become really famous world wide while they are singing in their native languages. Yes some may succeed in having a single smash hit, but that's prolly as far is it will go.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 7th October 2012, 08:51 PM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Korean pop is mostly produced by European and American producers so it's not really anything new and the same goes for many jpop artists, at least the ones doing mainstream stuff. I don't think any of them will ever become really famous world wide while they are singing in their native languages. Yes some may succeed in having a single smash hit, but that's prolly as far is it will go.
I completely agree with this. I was just thinking that the reason certain k-pop/j-pop songs are popular is because they sound like western pop. Just in a different language lol. Which is why Ayu still wouldn't do well over here, I think. I couldn't imagine her songs becoming hits.

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><

Old 8th October 2012, 06:35 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
not really, not to mention 2NE1 & BIG BANG adding dates almoust eveyrday here and there...
Old 9th October 2012, 05:02 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Who's going tomorrow?

I'll be there, so as SunshineSlayer.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 9th October 2012, 05:36 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I'm going on the 11th xD

I really hope she sings one or more of the songs from LOVE...

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 9th October 2012, 02:40 PM
Connected Initiate

too bad there's no Ustream for this concert =(

Old 9th October 2012, 03:43 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltingCORE View Post
I completely agree with this. I was just thinking that the reason certain k-pop/j-pop songs are popular is because they sound like western pop. Just in a different language lol. Which is why Ayu still wouldn't do well over here, I think. I couldn't imagine her songs becoming hits.
You could say that "Sparkle" would have a chance at being a hit...
But I'm glad that her music isn't mainstream. Even the first three party queen songs weren't mainstream. Party Queen (song) sounded like 80s synth gold.

Kind of why I detest K-pop for the most part: it's just western music with korean lyrics. I'm not sure if thats the universal case, but I don't care for it THAT much to actually want to look into 'real' Korean music, not 'stolen western tunes'. I think I'm gonna stop. This is neither the place nor the time to rant about Kpop.
Old 9th October 2012, 03:44 PM
GREEN Initiate

^^ maybe for the last day??
Old 9th October 2012, 10:06 PM
UNITE! Initiate

^ If there were a UStream, something would have been announced by now. They've always announced those type of things early.

I'm not surprised there wasn't one for this concert, though. Yes, I attended it and I loved it, but it's not like POWER of MUSIC - that was one definitely worth UStream-ing (both for the cause and the concert itself). The CDL kind of was worth UStream-ing as well, just because we got to see the original HLS, what Ayu originally planned for AT11. This one? Well, it's kind of a new version of HLS, since it's promoting both Party Queen and Love Songs. We got to see the original live, but now we get to wait for the rehash on DVD/blu-ray.

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Old 10th October 2012, 01:28 AM
walking proud Initiate

I'm hoping that there is a somewhat new setlist tonight and that she performs at least one of the songs off the upcoming mini album.
Old 10th October 2012, 06:09 AM
monochrome Initiate

Grrrrr ayugame....
Just read your review, make me envy you.

Hahahhahaha

Where is my crots paper? LOL
Were you alone in the concert?if so who took your pic?

You dnt have any pic with international ayu fans there?
Or maybe with japanese fans?

visit my ayupan blog

visit my selling thread--> BRontoSHOP
Old 10th October 2012, 06:10 AM
Initiate

Song 4 you must be there in the encore.
Old 10th October 2012, 08:44 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggn View Post
Australians don't live far apart from each other and Australia is only a 9hr flight from Melbourne to Tokyo. And Iv guess you never seen the citys now a days. They are basically made up of Asian's now a days along with other cultures, with ayumi stuff not that hard to find in the city's, if you know where to look Australia also has a tie to Japan going back ages. The town I live's sister city is Takasago
Er what part of Australia do you live in? We DO live far apart from each other, we're a freaking huge country and it's not the easiest thing to simply just travel interstate for a concert. 10% of Melbourne's population is Chinese and even then some really popular Taiwanese and HK singers have a hard time selling out concerts or only do the one date in a small venue.

For someone like ayumi to come here she wouldn't sacrifice her stage and show. She would also need a fanbase and if she were going to start anywhere it'd be America.

Wait why are we even talking about this? She hasn't even shown any inkling towards wanting to branch outside of Asia, and even then she hasn't been active outside of Japan for a few years now (aside from work related trips for photoshoots).
Old 10th October 2012, 10:38 AM
walking proud Initiate

Well they have a sub stage set up here at to yogi and all three new songs playing outside. Should be some changes to the show. Ayu running late as usual.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, arena tour 2012, hotel love songs, party queen