Ayumi Hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ II - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th March 2013, 06:33 PM
too late Initiate

I was so obsessed with Eyes,Smoke,Magic i listened to that song on repeat whole day long
I was even imagining the choreography for it in my head when Misa-chan posted translated lyrics and because of the lyrics i loved the song even more
Old 6th March 2013, 06:56 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Instead of ayu taking a break, go on hiatus maybe the people that feel like that should take a break from ayu~
This attitude is so naive. I know it's disheartening to see this type of discussion about Ayu's current state but it's the reality. If everyone took a break from Ayu the only place she'd get to sing is in the karaoke bars.
Old 6th March 2013, 07:07 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
This attitude is so naive. I know it's disheartening to see this type of discussion about Ayu's current state but it's the reality. If everyone took a break from Ayu the only place she'd get to sing is in the karaoke bars.
It's not "everyone", it's +-10 overly vocal people who can't recognize they aren't fans anymore... some hasn't beeing fans in the last 5 years or so.

edit: 5? I should have said 8, 10...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 6th March 2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 6th March 2013, 07:08 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
^ agree! if she did take a hiatus, her career my never recover. in that she may never regain her complete fanbase or stature back (that she has now or has before). there are so many competitors out there right now, she'd have a hard time coming back if she left.

Old 6th March 2013, 07:34 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Right. The same thing would happen if everyone took a break from Koda Kumi, Namie Amuro, etc. They would be singing in Karaoke bars too.
Old 6th March 2013, 07:36 PM
No way to say Initiate

Source: tats_pappy on twitter.

What I'm saying is that if you're not enjoying Ayu anymore, maybe she's just not for you anymore and you should move on. People grow out of things all the time. She's not necessarily the problem.
Old 6th March 2013, 07:53 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^thats cool!!
Old 6th March 2013, 08:44 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:

What I'm saying is that if you're not enjoying Ayu anymore, maybe she's just not for you anymore and you should move on. People grow out of things all the time. She's not necessarily the problem.
It's easy for people to say this, and I absolutely hate that. It doesn't mean you have grown out of Ayu if you aren't pleased with her current state of affairs. I am extremely passionate about her music. I listen to her every day, all day long. She's the one thing I'm always in the mood for. It's odd because I can't break away from her music for very long. When I have nothing to listen to, she's always my choice. But, it probably goes without saying that I haven't been too pleased with everything she's put out in recent times.

I'll quote another user who seems to have the same dilemma that I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_JPU View Post
I love, absolutely LOVE Ayu but it's so hard to love her so much and keep being disappointed time after time knowing that she has it in her to be so much better and more innovating.
It is not so easy to walk away from something that makes you so happy. I listen to my favorite songs of hers and I am swept away. To even contemplate the possibility of not having her music in my life anymore, or following her releases, is just not reality. Her music, when it's really good, is just above everything else.

So to say "stop listening" or "move on" is very frustrating, because you see, it's not as easy as it sounds when it's something you love so very much.

My feelings of disappointment do not make me a bad fan, or anyone else who has similar feelings. I really can't express this properly but to give up Ayu when you have been invested in her for so long is kind of like giving up a part of yourself. She has been the soundtrack to my life for an extended amount of time. She feels like "home" to me. If I were to stop, it wouldn't be long before I started to feel "home-sick" for her music once again.

Plus, there's always those times she'll release something that shows true promise. That makes you feel like "wow, there's the Ayu I know! There's the Ayu I love! She still has got it in her to release great stuff like this!" It just takes so long for one of those gems to show up in a sea of mediocrity.

Last edited by Zeke.; 6th March 2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 6th March 2013, 09:57 PM
Far away Initiate

^ I completely agree
I never had a major artist I used to listen to before I discovered Ayu. She's literally my "home away from home" in terms of music.

I probably should have said this before, but when I say Ayu should take a short break, I don't only mean in the terms of her music and her career, but also for her well being. Look at her, she's been working straight non-stop for the past 15 years. That's a long time if you ask me. A yearly album accompanied by singles and tours, including CDL's just seems so tiring.

♥♥
Underneath the blue sky&your dazzling smile
--
倖田來未
Old 6th March 2013, 11:19 PM
glitter Initiate

Quote:

This is so cool
Old 7th March 2013, 12:21 AM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternafan000 View Post
exciting is subjectitve. new and innovative are not and tbh she's been trying more new/innovative things recentlty than when she was at the top - look at PQ its a huge example. N E WAY its just hilarious coz ayu's even explained why she doesnt want to take a break and people ttly ignore that

ppl need to stop using their opinions as fact!!!!!!!! this hole lost her spark nonsense is completly subjective except for the fact that her sales are in the crapper but come on we all know SALES don't ever reflect ~how much spark~ an artist has or how ~new and innovative~ they are like wtf, this should be obvious in an industry where namie and akb are the top sellers hhaahhheahaha luv y'all
This. Ayu released some turds during her peak, and she's released some brillant great tracks that are better than some of her biggest hits during her down time. Don't let the Oricon numbers daze and confuse u~
Old 7th March 2013, 04:52 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
I only see 14 thumbs up, 2 thumbs down.

But honestly, she looks like a complete idiot in this performance. Lol.
It's like a Grandma trying to be hip - it's just embarrassing. The lasers are cool though... Lol.
the video was changed, here's the one with the insane dislike bar.

I actually always thought this performance was awesome, with the bad ass glasses(?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuuajjnUq_I

2nd you're excused for hating on namie lookin hot on her queen of hip pop cover.

Quote:
It's their loss if they bash Ayu and Koda in favour of Namie Amuro..a complete shampoo model puppet with no creativity or passion running through her veins.
you're no better than those people on 2ch now are you

Last edited by monochrome99; 7th March 2013 at 04:57 AM.
Old 7th March 2013, 07:43 AM
Two of us Initiate

/facepalm at the constant drama of AHS reminding myself why I never come here/

Anyhow, thought I'd pop in to say I've secured a ticket to 13/07 show in Hiroshima, and am aiming to get one for the 14th as well, so if anyone's in town for either show, let me know! It'd be nice to meet some fans. (And I'll make sure I can access my account while I'm away, unlike last year when I forgot my password and missed the chance in Fukuoka >.<)

CDL 2010.12.31 * CDL 2011.12.29-31 * AT 2012.07.28, 08.11-12
AT 2013.07.13 * CDL 2014.12.30-31 * AT 2015.06.06-07
TA 2015.10.19-20 * AT 2016.05.15 *AT 2017.06.17-18, 29

Old 7th March 2013, 04:29 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Ayu's vocals drama this time? OK, I didn't like them in 2008-2009 but in 2010 they were phenomenal again but I still get most shivers from 2002-2003 vocals but that's my opinion. When it comes to music, I adore 2005. When it comes to fashion, I adore 2003. That's all.

On the other note, I'm pretty curious about the track listing for this tour. I didn't really appreciate her 10th Anniversary Tour because it didn't have too many oldies in it but I haven't lost my fate in this year's tour at all. :3

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 7th March 2013, 04:49 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
It's easy for people to say this, and I absolutely hate that. It doesn't mean you have grown out of Ayu if you aren't pleased with her current state of affairs. I am extremely passionate about her music. I listen to her every day, all day long. She's the one thing I'm always in the mood for. It's odd because I can't break away from her music for very long. When I have nothing to listen to, she's always my choice. But, it probably goes without saying that I haven't been too pleased with everything she's put out in recent times.

It is not so easy to walk away from something that makes you so happy. I listen to my favorite songs of hers and I am swept away. To even contemplate the possibility of not having her music in my life anymore, or following her releases, is just not reality. Her music, when it's really good, is just above everything else.

So to say "stop listening" or "move on" is very frustrating, because you see, it's not as easy as it sounds when it's something you love so very much.

My feelings of disappointment do not make me a bad fan, or anyone else who has similar feelings. I really can't express this properly but to give up Ayu when you have been invested in her for so long is kind of like giving up a part of yourself. She has been the soundtrack to my life for an extended amount of time. She feels like "home" to me. If I were to stop, it wouldn't be long before I started to feel "home-sick" for her music once again.

Plus, there's always those times she'll release something that shows true promise. That makes you feel like "wow, there's the Ayu I know! There's the Ayu I love! She still has got it in her to release great stuff like this!" It just takes so long for one of those gems to show up in a sea of mediocrity.
I completely agree with you., I'm in the same boat. I always have her music blasting on my iPod or iPhone. I do get a little upset when people say that too. but if they really feel that way and say move on, then why are they still talking about her (in a negative way) and complaining? shouldn't they be taking their own advice? it's kinda like when someone is your friend or claims to be, but talks trash and gossips about you behind your back. why stay friends with someone like that? they're not a real friend. I'm not saying they're not fans, but to constantly complain and tell others to move on....that's some very mixed messages. I also find it weird when people complain and talk negatively about her, yet say they just bought her new cd or bought a ticket to one of her upcoming concerts.

Last edited by FoxyPinkGirl; 7th March 2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 7th March 2013, 08:11 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru2590 View Post
Poor Namie she always comes out on every Ayumi conversation. Keep on selling those albums Namie don't listen to haters.
i totally don't get that either, when Namie got lost in the peak of Ayu and Hikki, none says a thing, cuz probbaly half of the people weren't even there, but now when Ayu gets lost in the good times of Namie and Koda, everyone goes nuts over those two and starts a hate march... Every singer has their golden time of career and it never lasts forever, no matter good or bad stuff they release...
Old 7th March 2013, 08:30 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
i totally don't get that either, when Namie got lost in the peak of Ayu and Hikki, none says a thing, cuz probbaly half of the people weren't even there, but now when Ayu gets lost in the good times of Namie and Koda, everyone goes nuts over those two and starts a hate march... Every singer has their golden time of career and it never lasts forever, no matter good or bad stuff they release...
Namie is easy to point towards as reference because she was in the dumps too at one point after her peak. Literally, she was left for dead lying in a landfill.

But ***** picked herself back up, took a shower, learned how to apply some make-up and ditched the Fat Jo/Lil' Wayne sound for something with a sharper image and hook.

Last edited by Zeke.; 7th March 2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 7th March 2013, 08:47 PM
GAME Initiate

Quote:

I'd like to share a few insights that have helped me let go of some of the disappointment and anger I've felt when faced with mediocre material from Ayu.

I don't believe it's healthy to be extremely attached to one musician. Nobody should have such an artist-centric approach to music. It's as if people are obsessed with this idea of finding one perfect artist that they connect with on all levels and is, in a sense, the embodiment of music itself. That's insane.

There is a vast body of music out there. I've discovered new genres that I would've never imagined enjoying 3-4 years ago. Broaden your horizons a little.

I'm still very passionate about Ayu. When I'm an emotional mess, Ayu's music is the first on the playlist. However, I've learned not to dwell on her current shortcomings and eagerly await every new song and album in hopes that, this time, it will be something that will "blow me away."

To be honest, exploring and discovering new music has helped me appreciate Ayu's music even more. It helped me to understand her place in the musical landscape. All artists have their ups and downs, their peaks and falls.

To say that Ayu is "capable of better" is also easier said than done. The truth is, none of you know what it's like to be Hamasaki Ayumi or any other superstar of her calibre or magnitude. The stress and pressure that accompanies releasing material that always matches a prior standard of excellence is extremely overwhelming (It's ultimately why my other favorite artist, Michael Jackson, died).

Especially when Ayu likely never had lofty ambitions to create such excellent material! Do you really think Ayu was like, "Duty yes, my goal is to make this the best album of all time!!!11" I don't think Ayu ever put much thought into what she was creating. It just happened. Her success was somewhat of an anomaly. Read the lyrics of TO BE and no more words, it's obvious that Ayu was confused by her success and the hype surrounding her music. It was beyond modesty.
Old 7th March 2013, 08:53 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
I'd like to share a few insights that have helped me let go of some of the disappointment and anger I've felt when faced with mediocre material from Ayu.

I don't believe it's healthy to be extremely attached to one musician. Nobody should have such an artist-centric approach to music. It's as if people are obsessed with this idea of finding one perfect artist that they connect with on all levels and is, in a sense, the embodiment of music itself. That's insane.

There is a vast body of music out there. I've discovered new genres that I would've never imagined enjoying 3-4 years ago. Broaden your horizons a little.

I'm still very passionate about Ayu. When I'm an emotional mess, Ayu's music is the first on the playlist. However, I've learned not to dwell on her current shortcomings and eagerly await every new song and album in hopes that, this time, it will be something that will "blow me away."

To be honest, exploring and discovering new music has helped me appreciate Ayu's music even more. It helped me to understand her place in the musical landscape. All artists have their ups and downs, their peaks and falls.

To say that Ayu is "capable of better" is also easier said than done. The truth is, none of you know what it's like to be Hamasaki Ayumi or any other superstar of her calibre or magnitude. The stress and pressure that accompanies releasing material that always matches a prior standard of excellence is extremely overwhelming (It's ultimately why my other favorite artist, Michael Jackson, died).

Especially when Ayu likely never had lofty ambitions to create such excellent material! Do you really think Ayu was like, "Duty yes, my goal is to make this the best album of all time!!!11" I don't think Ayu ever put much thought into what she was creating. It just happened. Her success was somewhat of an anomaly. Read the lyrics of TO BE and no more words, it's obvious that Ayu was confused by her success and the hype surrounding her music. It was beyond modesty.
I have over 12,000 songs on my 120GB iPod. The music I am most passionate about is electronic dance music, most specifically trance, which is a very broad and extensive genre of music. But Ayu's music is just so easy to listen to. Although I listen to a lot of electronic music, it can become quite exhausting after a while. Ayu's music never makes me feel "tired".

For me, Ayu wasn't just an artist in a sea of artists - she basically became her own genre of music. To give up on an artist is one thing; to move on and find something new or similar in that genre... But to give up on a genre itself, to give up on the "Hamasaki Ayumi" sound, now that's something entirely different.

Last edited by Zeke.; 7th March 2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 7th March 2013, 09:44 PM
GAME Initiate

Quote:
I have over 12,000 songs on my 120GB iPod. The music I am most passionate about is electronic dance music, most specifically trance, which is a very broad and extensive genre of music. But Ayu's music is just so easy to listen to. Although I listen to a lot of electronic music, it can become quite exhausting after a while. Ayu's music never makes me feel "tired".

For me, Ayu wasn't just an artist in a sea of artists - she basically became her own genre of music. To give up on an artist is one thing; to move on and find something new or similar in that genre... But to give up on a genre itself, to give up on the "Hamasaki Ayumi" sound, now that's something entirely different.
I understand the frustration.

If she had stopped making music tomorrow, however, this wouldn't be an issue. I'm sure you listen to her past songs that already bring you joy and solace, as do I. Honestly, I've learned to be content with having just those songs... Is it really worth investing so much thought into how "oh, she should do this, or she should do that, she should work with _____, I need another song like ______..."? It's not our job. It's her and her team's job.

IMO, most of the blame should be placed on her team of composers and arrangers, and not herself, ultimately. Ayu isn't a composer, arranger, or technical musician. Instead, she employs a team of people who have mastered the "Ayumi Hamasaki" sound. In fact, many of the same people who helped to create the "Ayumi Hamasaki" genre still work with her. These producers may not be perfectly expressing what Ayu wants to accomplish with her music. I don't think she has the musical expertise needed to take initiative and say, "No, I want it to sound like this. I'm feeling this way, therefore it has to sound like that." It's hard to transform those intangible, visceral feelings into concrete art - especially when you yourself do not have a hands-on process in the creation of your music, or the technical knowledge needed to create it. I think that's important to remember. If anything, it's likely a communication failure between her and her team.

Working with a new team of composers/arrangers is risky. She would need composers/arrangers who have studied Ayu's sound and can bring about innovation without losing that "Ayumi Hamasaki" sound. That's easier said than done.

The circumstances currently surrounding Ayu certainly don't help. She is surrounded by an impenetrable inner circle of yes-men, all on top of a struggling music industry. This makes it all the more harder for her to "snap out of it" and lose that complacent feeling.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, 15th anniversary live, a best live, anniversary, arena tour 2013