[Official Message] ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』 - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th February 2017, 04:06 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilyk View Post
So how can I go to this....I am seriously going to go this year. Should I just fly to Tokyo and look for scalpers or how can an American get tickets!! Blahhh.....help lol.
I think there are some threads on how to get tickets for an Ayu show in the Enquries and Chat-Room section
Old 13th February 2017, 04:25 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
From what I can tell, it looks like it will be both arenas and halls. Which will be weird, because the venues would require different stage setups, but that could be interesting as well.

It makes sense, because with halls she'll get to play smaller areas that she doesn't normally and I'm sure a part of the reason is because several of the arenas, at least in the Tokyo area, are shut down for renovations in preparation for the 2020 Olympics.

Also, there must be some advantage to playing halls, because Namie does it all the time and she certainly could be doing arenas instead. So I wouldn't say that it's necessarily a bad thing to "resort" to playing at halls.
I'm guessing the stage setup for the arenas will have the runway and the concert halls will be a smaller version of the arena stage minus the runway
Old 13th February 2017, 05:33 PM
ever free Initiate

I'm also waiting for the dates, as I'm planning on (finally!) going to Japan this year to see Ayu. I want to try to see an arena and a hall date now. I'm also wondering if the hall show will be "more toned down" too.

Old 13th February 2017, 05:51 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Yes, yes, yes! I'm going to Japan this year, so finally I can see Ayu. Please give us dates
Old 13th February 2017, 06:14 PM
still alone Initiate

I'm excited too but it still is pretty much just a new tour announcement we knew was coming.
But I am very curious for details. She could have something surprising up her sleeve.
I think Gackt should appear again.
Old 13th February 2017, 07:01 PM
appears Initiate

She's never taking a rest, isn't she?
Well, let's pray her voice is better now than the last Countdown...
Old 13th February 2017, 07:50 PM
too late Initiate

Her voice is going to be shot like 10 shows in. 60 shows is all well and good if you can maintain a decent standard of singing, Ayu can't do this anymore. She/her team needs to realise that.
Old 13th February 2017, 08:22 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Mixed feelings. On the one hand I hope Ayu can have some rest for her voice. On the other I wanna see her perform...
Old 13th February 2017, 08:34 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I hear a lot of bad comments about the last countdown... I will admit that the first songs were not good... but after unite began... it sounded good to me.
Old 13th February 2017, 09:48 PM
LIMIT Initiate

It's not a matter of voice being tired, it's a matter of audio mixing, especially live audio mixing, not being an exact science. Much moreso for voice than for instruments as well.

Seriously, this is like when people thought PCDL was lipsynched because the audio had a delay due to a problem with the stream.
Old 13th February 2017, 10:03 PM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist View Post
It's not a matter of voice being tired, it's a matter of audio mixing, especially live audio mixing, not being an exact science. Much moreso for voice than for instruments as well.

Seriously, this is like when people thought PCDL was lipsynched because the audio had a delay due to a problem with the stream.
It wasn't a delay ayu clearly mouthed another word in contrast to what was being played. It doesn't matter, cause ayu was recoverying from surgery at that time, I belive.
Old 13th February 2017, 10:27 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio/Tayumi View Post
And Cher's Farewell Tour 326.
The Ramones performed nearly 2.3oo concerts, touring nonstop for 22 years. I think NOBODY EVER will beat that

Last edited by DeepRiver; 13th February 2017 at 10:29 PM.
Old 14th February 2017, 12:11 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepRiver View Post
The Ramones performed nearly 2.3oo concerts, touring nonstop for 22 years. I think NOBODY EVER will beat that
Wow but was that one tour? Or just overall, like, including all tours and concerts and not just the concerts of one tour.

I guess, that if we don't talk about the longest running tour but most concerts overall, Celine Dion could maybe beat that xD

Old 14th February 2017, 01:59 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

What Arama Japan wrote (translation of the tour website?) sounds really interesting!
http://aramajapan.com/news/music/ayu...ur-2017/71031/
The content:
Quote:
Ayumi Hamasaki has announced plans to embark on a brand new tour later in the year. In a message released on a new website created specifically for the tour, it begins with the the bold statement “The stage is the place where Ayumi Hamasaki lives”. The majority of the dates will be held at halls, however it’s expected that she will do a couple arena dates also, all the specific dates and venues she will be performing at has not been revealed yet.
Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 will be Ayu’s largest and most ambitious tour to date, 60 dates are currently scheduled in Japan alone. The 20 in the tours title signifies the start of her mission to her 20th anniversary, which will officially begin on April 8th, 2018. Ayu and her team are promising a very multifaceted show to give her fans the full experience. Elaborate stages, costumes, and dance numbers have been the norm at Ayu’s tours for many years now giving them a very theatrical ambiance. Describing the tour as “unprecedented”, she plans to completely change things up compared to her previous tour Arena Tour 2016 A ~M(a)de in Japan~. This is leaving fans curious to see what she comes up with next.
In terms of the setlist her most famous chart toppers will be performed, along with songs marking the trajectory of her debut. At Ayu’s last concert, COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017, Ayu performed her single Kanariya for the very first time. Are there any hidden gems from her early discography you’re hoping make the setlist?

Last edited by maxikot; 14th February 2017 at 02:03 AM.
Old 14th February 2017, 02:10 AM
SURREAL Initiate

I wouldn't mind if she doesn't release a new album this year, with that crazy long tour the album wouldn't be promoted that well and would flop at charts, she has a loooooong list of songs for this tour, so many gems that haven't been performed lately (or never) I'm really interested about this tour, wish I could go to Japan but I'm a student and broke af.
Old 14th February 2017, 02:21 AM
ayu trance Initiate

I'm not very excited that they announced that. In fact I wish she didn't have a tour this year... Or at least not one that celebrates her 20th anniversary one year earlier. And that A BEST cover being used again??? I'm kinda disappointed but still hoping for the best.

About the hall and arena thing, maybe the last day/DVD recording will be in an Arena?! It would be interesting to watch a dvd version in a different venue...

Hope she don't do a TA TOUR this year! Otherwise she'll repeat the same issues from the last 2 years: national tour + a-nation + TA Tour = illness. Please take care of yourself, Ayu!!

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 14th February 2017, 03:49 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
What Arama Japan wrote (translation of the tour website?) sounds really interesting!
http://aramajapan.com/news/music/ayu...ur-2017/71031/
Thank you for this! Finally some clarity ...that brings further questions

My dream scenario is that there would be different setlist/set-ups between the hall tours and the arena, so we'd get basically two different concerts. lol. Otherwise, it would be challenging to consolidate an arena tour's setup with a smaller hall's.

I hope despite the smaller venues, this tour maintains her usual extravagance. I've seen a couple of hall tour BluRays and they look so ...nondescript. I hope this is just because I've been watching the wrong artists. I hope ayu can carry this like the queen that she is.
Old 14th February 2017, 05:55 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Wow... 60 dates Ayu on concert in just ONE CALENDAR YEAR... And that's not including a-nation... Whoa... That sure is unprecedented...

(But then again, I'm concerned whether Ayu is able to do this task with minimal or no problems throughout the year...)
Old 14th February 2017, 06:21 AM
Love song H-Initiate

english translation from TA mail

Quote:
ayumi hamasaki announces "Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017"!!

"The stage, this is where I live."
We have no doubt what ayumi hamasaki says, 19 years she has been pursuing ultimate entertainment and kept improving.

"Just the beginning -20-" tour, the advanced step to her 20th anniversary year, runs 60 concerts!!
It's her first attempt and shows begin to be held at hall venues in Japan, starting with Arena venue.

We follow the track of the masterpieces since her debut by changing scale which makes her shows multifariously.
This tour must be going to become something special and the long awaited "special edition" tour for her fans.

What is her intension of starting "Just the beginning", is this countdown to her 20th anniversary or...
Old 14th February 2017, 07:55 AM
No way to say Initiate

I wonder if it is going last for 2 years - 2017-2018, hmm.
Anyways I hope it will be epic!

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Closed Thread

Tags
just the beginning -20-, tour 2017