miwa is playing the rhythm guitar in her 4th Thread - Page 23 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 3rd August 2015, 10:59 AM
Sky high Protector

I think i'm the only one who don't like the covers.

miwa at Rock in Japan fes 2015:

Old 4th August 2015, 12:50 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

^Well, I just like one.

TWICE

Old 4th August 2015, 06:58 AM
Daybreak Initiate

I like the one with real miwa in it also, lol.
The rest is just average, but still better than ONENESS for me.

More info for new single: Yozora feat. Hazzie

FYI, country restrictions, so use proxy.

EDIT:
It's a medium tempo song, a small part of rapping.
Maybe somewhere between Sayonara (from Delight) and Napa.

The rest of the video, lol.
Stress-Free is going to become her concert staple I believe.
With that choreography video as well.
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。

Last edited by mellody; 4th August 2015 at 07:06 AM.
Old 4th August 2015, 07:25 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

stressfree takes her cutesy voice to a whole new level lol why does she use it so much on ONENESS. I prefer her vocals like they are in guitarissimo and Delight

tumblr

Old 4th August 2015, 11:54 AM
Sky high Protector

The stress free pv is out :
http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/miwa---...b08eeeb7378e26

It's only a concert pv -_-".
Old 4th August 2015, 09:14 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Because cutesy is a Japanese thing, so youthful or something. Whatever miwa, lol.

It's just like Ikutsu ni Natte mo PV then?
Quote:
Old 4th August 2015, 09:25 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

For me this single is so cheap, lol. A recut song, a song that she made for another group, she didn't make a PV for the new song and the other PV is a concert PV.

miwa what are you doing ?

TWICE

Old 5th August 2015, 03:48 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantatu2 View Post
For me this single is so cheap, lol. A recut song, a song that she made for another group, she didn't make a PV for the new song and the other PV is a concert PV.

Have to agree a bit...this is kind of weird. I don't expect Yozora to come on her fifth album.

And Stress Free "PV"...you call that a music video?! NO!!! You put in live concert footage, slapped in the studio version of the song...that is not proper PV! That doesn't make sense!

Unless Yozora is good when I listen to it, in my opinion...I'm sorry to say, but this isn't a single I'm looking forward to.
Old 5th August 2015, 07:35 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellody View Post
Because cutesy is a Japanese thing, so youthful or something. Whatever miwa, lol.

It's just like Ikutsu ni Natte mo PV then?
But she's doing so much better with her non-cutesy songs like Faith. Not only was the song great it also sold double of what 360° and these other cutesy singles sold. Her management is so bad...

tumblr

Old 5th August 2015, 05:47 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Guys, she made her live footage as her PV as well before, it's Ikutsu ni Natte mo and to make things even worse, it's inside miwa clips vol. 1, so... yeah.

If you think that this single is cheap, she's being lazy or anything, I personally think that it's happened since ONENESS, I just simply don't like that release (I like some of the new songs tho.) and... lol. 9 songs from single? I mean seriously, not to mention that cover.

Delight is the album with least number of tracks and shortest in duration (50 minutes or so), but it's pretty solid, plus great covers as well, compared to previous 2 albums, some songs are like 'filler' but still better than ONENESS. You can see from the lyrics as well, Hikari e is probably the best effort from miwa when doing a songwriting, compared to Stress-Free, it's a break up song, but she made it fun.

Yozora will be in the new album I believe, why a collaboration song? Because it's happening now! Ayu just pulled it, with a stranger boyband that its name can only heard on ayu release, moreover she made a PV and put it inside a mini-album, who knows miwa will release a mini-album as well? (FYI, ONENESS defeat A ONE in terms of sales.)

Plus Yozora has the miwa only version too, maybe that one worth in the album more.

I prefer not over-cutesy music as well, if it's in comparison with Faith, then Sparrow is my kind of music, I like that a lot. You know what is the most popular song from miwa in Japan? It's again x again, audience like will go nuts when she performs that song, just like ayu fans when they hear Boys & Girls or You & Me, something like that.

Which makes me think, probably miwa is popular because of the lyrics, easy to relate, very youthful. again x again got a PV because of the fan request, how awesome is that? I wish she did more something like that. The management is just doing things randomly now.

For some reason, I like this very much and I will put it in my signature.
Quote:
That's quite long I suppose.
Quote:
Old 5th August 2015, 05:50 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^that was kinda nuts to read?
"Ayu just pulled it..."? - because that was the first collaboration in music history.
And I presonally think ONENESS is better than Delight. She is not lazy, this realease is just close too the last album adn since when is a concert PV lazy? Its pretty common, especially among artist that release music to play live. I don't get your problem.

Last edited by thinkingoutloud89; 5th August 2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old 5th August 2015, 09:55 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusei View Post
But she's doing so much better with her non-cutesy songs like Faith. Not only was the song great it also sold double of what 360° and these other cutesy singles sold. Her management is so bad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellody View Post
If you think that this single is cheap, she's being lazy or anything, I personally think that it's happened since ONENESS, I just simply don't like that release (I like some of the new songs tho.) and... lol. 9 songs from single? I mean seriously, not to mention that cover.

[...]

The management is just doing things randomly now.
Agreed with all of this, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
I don't get your problem.
I know this wasn't directed at me at all, but if it's all right, I'd still like to throw in my two cents since I've also had some problems with miwa's stuff this year. Not trying to speak for mellody (please elaborate on your views too if you feel like it, I love your posts!) or anyone else.

My problem is mostly that this single is yet another lacking release in a year when miwa has felt very off. All of her releases this year have been a little weird: fighting-Φ-girls was an unexpected genre departure that didn't really seem to fit her well, 360° felt like it was supposed to be a special single but still ended up on ONENESS, and that album was drowning in old material and definitely seemed less polished and well-planned than her previous albums. Now this single comes out with only one new song and just a concert PV which isn't even for the main track? Her management really seems to be into recycling this year, huh? It just feels weird, and when everything this year has felt weird and vaguely unsatisfying, it starts to add up. I understand if you feel differently, but I think there definitely has been stuff for fans to feel discontented about this year.

Also, I'm not saying this single is doomed to suck. I'm still looking forward to it, and I haven't heard Itsuka Kimi ga or the title track at all, so they could both turn out to be tracks I really love (Stress-free is definitely a lost cause though, what an annoying song). I hope she brings it!

Now I wanna say something positive to close off this mostly negative post... umm, I like ONENESS the song more and more every time I hear it? I bet this song would be awesome live, I think it might be the best throw-your-fist-in-the-air-and-shout-along anthem she's done yet. Also, happy to hear again x again is such a fan favourite, I love that song.

Last edited by Kacku; 5th August 2015 at 09:57 PM.
Old 6th August 2015, 07:39 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Somehow I feel like they got a ton of CM offers for songs (most of the single songs have some sort of tie-in) and they didn't wanna turn any down (cash $$$$) so they made her release all these singles which became a big mess in the end. Kinda reminds me of JUJU's album Door, so many single releases on there and so many tie-ins.

And YES mellody Sparrow is awesome I love that song too.

tumblr

Old 6th August 2015, 09:55 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Seeing 3 posts above me makes me really want to say a lot of things about miwa, so let's see if I can elaborate it

Once again, basically my disappointment towards ONENESS is still the same, probably will never change, and it's coming from a fan that already followed her even before she's debuting, and that's the reason why I'm being cynical over miwa today. I'm not trying to say that I'm a better fan, but I just wanna share what's inside my mind. I have a reason why I left this thread for almost 3 months.

I really never expect her to become so popular like now, but still, looking at her popularity recently, somehow makes me very happy, she gained more attention, many lives around, tie-ins, and so on. But, I don't know if she's just following trend, doing things she like, answering fan request, or expanding her music, or even anything. Some cynical Japanese people also stated the same thing for miwa: Where is she going? Which direction is she going to? (It's written on 2ch).

To put it simply, what miwa did to Delight fits her perfectly, so that it turned out very nice even there are only 11 tracks, but with ONENESS, it looks like she's trying new things too much or rather, experimenting with it, but if you like ONENESS as a whole, then miwa is succeeded, but if you don't, like me, you will feel that something is wrong with her, because usually she isn't like this. I wonder if miwa approved that album cover too, or decided by anyone. Why we call her lazy? Because of what I said before, maybe she's trying new things too much or never do a proper double check, so in the end she was like "Ok, let's just combined it together, I want to do this and also that, after that, this one, and then that one..." It's just my thought, so don't take it seriously.

I'm totally agree to what Kacku and Ryusei said as well.

Is it her fault? Who knows, perhaps?
Is it her management fault? Who knows, perhaps?

Also, Mika Nakashima STAR album, only have 3 new tracks, the rest are singles, it was her old release tho, but it's so funny to remember.

I really still have a lot of things to say and I almost post like 6-7 paragraphs but then I realized this isn't a paper

EDIT:
Forgot to say, her changing-direction has been stated before in a song called Sparrow.
Quote:

Last edited by mellody; 6th August 2015 at 10:08 PM.
Old 7th August 2015, 08:16 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

oh wow that's interesting. How come you followed her before debut?

tumblr

Old 7th August 2015, 10:39 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

@mellody: I did not mean to offend you, I should start to think and swollow my words before participating in forums. I just became so overall annyoed with J-Pop boards over the years that - when I post - I always seem to attack a certain person. I'm sorry.

It's jsut..um well how do I put it. I get what you want to say- I'm not a miwa stan or anything but I think ctiticising a singer based on recent activities is just a bit too fast. Just wait and see where she developes. As a fan of J-pop, you and everyone else should know that it is very different music-business from what is know form an American/Europen music scene. Japan is not just about good music but rather about pleasing the crowed and I think it is kind of unfair to judge an artist in this buisness for that. Same goes for the try of developing a new sounds which can take 1-5 albums depending on the vision an artist has.

My last post was manily about the fact that some said a Concert-MV is lazy which I just found to be rude and stupid, especially in the context of the artist miwa portraits. sorry again.
Old 7th August 2015, 06:24 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Well, thinkingoutloud89, I didn't feel that way though, I got your point, so no worries
I understand the situation that you're trying too explain, but.. I just wanna say, I'm not new into Japanese music, that's why things like this are somehow not normal for me, but maybe it's just me who didn't get used to things nowadays perhaps. Again, I'm also sorry

Good thing that I want to say is at least we have a discussion now, it's fun even though not many people around Most of miwa threads or forums out there are so quiet, which ended up being closed, but somehow she's still popular, even more.

About how I followed her before debut, it's a pure coincidence, and not really 'before debut' just one week or one month earlier, I forgot. Afraid will be TL;DR, then I will just put it under the Spoiler tag

Spoiler:
That time I was looking for a show to watch, then I found an interesting list of artist in a show called Music Fair. I'm a big fan of alan, and also new to Nishino Kana, so that time (2011?) that performance consist of 4 artists: alan, Nishino Kana, miwa, Leona Lewis.

Thank God the performance is still around. I LOVE THIS PERFORMANCE SO MUCH.

During that time, actually, this is a rare video, but somehow I managed to get it. My first thought was "miwa who? Oh another YUI copycat, hopefully will have a better career than Tsuji Shion (another YUI alike, but appeared one year earlier than miwa)" and don't really care much.. until this performance. I was simply amazed. Then after that, she performed 'don't cry anymore' and again, I was amazed. I started looking for her info everywhere, and learned that she was going to release a debut single, which makes me wonder, how is it possible? Usually after the release, then they got a chance to perform, or maybe I don't know much.

Soon after that, I ordered her debut single, and continued looking for more info about her. I managed to find a lot of things about her, which made me surprised, like she has released some self-made singles, she has debuted as a duo rapper with her younger sister, and many more. That's what made me got into her, until today

Anyway, about that concert PV (Stress Free), like I said before, miwa did that before (Ikutsu ni Natte mo), so actually no surprise there. An album with some unique genres inside? guitarium had it, remember Merry Go Round? It's an auto-tune.

Btw, the lyrics for new single is here, how is that even possible?
Quote:
Old 7th August 2015, 07:17 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^I love that True Color performance...I even have a mp3 somewhere
Old 9th August 2015, 01:32 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

I watched that performance again, and I'm nostalgic.

TWICE

Old 11th August 2015, 06:50 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

aaah I love that performance too, her voice fits it very nicely. + Kana is my fave female japanese singer, so I'm even happier about this performance. I'm always here for discussing miwa haha. That being said Yozora is AWESOME. I love it. Their voices match really well and miwa doesn't sing in that overly cute voice. So glad miwa is back with such a good song.

tumblr

Tags
miwa, oneness, stress free, yozora