[Official Message] Last Minute - full PV - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 26th March 2015, 01:54 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

I quite like it. I wish she'd incorporated 'a bit more' into it (like the other Ayu also moving a bit more, or there being more close-ups without the swinging light) but it's nice to see something really stripped back from her this time.
Old 26th March 2015, 01:55 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
Wow. Wow. Wow. This is a new low for her with PVs. I don't think she's done something this bland, pointless, and disappointing. Every time the song started to build up, I was thinking, Okay, something is going to happen here, maybe it'll be... Oh, no, I guess it's just Ayu's face again... and the light swinging again... Okay... well, maybe something will happen after this verse... It looks like something mi--- oh, nope, more Ayu's face and the light swinging again. The. Entire. Fucking. Video.

It's bad enough that I think she could have just NOT done a PV for Last minute and it wouldn't have been much different. Hell, she could have done the PV back in December if this was all she was going to do for the song.

I'm super disappointed. I've had a lot of shit to spew about her recent PVs, how boring and flat they feel, but I didn't honestly think she would just look at camera, no backdrop, no story, no point whatsoever, and mouth the words for 4 minutes. That's low. Very low.
She did the PV on a whim. It wasn't really planned and it was basically Ayu saying "I think I want to do a PV for this song" so really no budget was set aside for such a thing. But she made the decision and they "made it work" for her. I actually believe it could have been a lot worse. At least the shots are gorgeous, her styling is on point, the "quality" of the filming isn't bad. By trying not to "stretch" the budget they were able to make something simple look better than had they tried to overextend the capabilities of the budget (like Party Queen PVs).

Her PVs have been degrading over the years, no doubt, but I'd rather they work with it than fight against it (the budget cuts, that is). Otherwise, everything just looks tacky and the "cheapness" of it all becomes more evident. This video doesn't look "cheap" at all, it looks as if it was a conscious decision rather than "due to limitations".
Old 26th March 2015, 01:55 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I wonder what the concept was behind it... we'll probably see a scrolling text about the 'meaning' in the making.

Personally, I just want her to look gorgeous in PVs that look well made and each and every one of the A ONE PVs fits this.
Old 26th March 2015, 02:11 AM
P.S II Initiate

I also realized that the last 2-3 seconds was cut off. maybe they reserve a little twist at the ending for the album?

the concept is creative but the execution is poorly done. like what many have said, I also wish there would be more than just ayu twisting her body. they should make it creepier like ourselves.
Old 26th March 2015, 02:15 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Why did it just fade out like that? And where did black Ayu go?
Well well, she went away as the song lyrics says.
Never thought with this point of view, but Last Minute can be interpreted as a song from her dismissing another self of her. Quite puzzling.
It's interesting that black Ayu just stares at the other one and go away while the red Ayu is going all down hahaha
Old 26th March 2015, 02:20 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

We need to be grateful with what we've got now...

I believe the budget is an issue...lot of Avex budget now is goes to EXILE, E-Girls and Namie. It's not just Ayu, i believe Koda has budget issue as well...her latest pv is a joke, basically its her walking on the green screen and really poorly executed. and lot of Avex artist not getting fancy PV as well.

Ayu got the budget for her tour because it's selling well. But her music stuff not so much anymore. It's good but not amazing.

It's just like Making work moment and I satisfied with what we've got.

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 26th March 2015, 02:20 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyujiw View Post
Well well, she went away as the song lyrics says.
Never thought with this point of view, but Last Minute can be interpreted as a song from her dismissing another self of her. Quite puzzling.
It's interesting that black Ayu just stares at the other one and go away while the red Ayu is going all down hahaha
Yeah, as the lyrics go, just after black Ayu 'disappears', she asks for herself back.

As far as budget goes, I don't think that is the issue here. I think they just want to get PVs done within a day of shooting so we don't really see as much as we used to. I think the last few albums have only had one shooting day compared to the 2 or even 3 that she used to. Last one I can remember is the set of PVs for Love songs or if you want to go there, again.

Last edited by truehappiness; 26th March 2015 at 02:30 AM.
Old 26th March 2015, 02:25 AM
YOU Initiate

It's so disturbing and she looks absolutely beautiful.....What will happen in the end? m,aybe a explanation for the black dress....
Old 26th March 2015, 02:28 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

I absolutely loved this PV. Simple, yes, but so emotional and powerful.

cropped by me, fanart by the-chokey

Old 26th March 2015, 02:31 AM
Two of us Initiate

I liked the concept of PV. Connects with the music. The red color is deliberate a dress hot color this case may represent the restlessness, nervousness, leading the viewer to display these emotions as well as the minimalist performance Ayu. Another element that arouses these emotions leaving the disturbing environment is the play of light.
Old 26th March 2015, 02:46 AM
SAKURA Initiate

What an simplistic, yet beautifully creative, PV!

Sure, it may be a pretty simple video & not that that terribly much is going on, but what is going on, is what I just absolutely love. I thought the whole lamp shaking back & forth, shining light on both red dress & black dress ayu, was pretty dramatic, so it made it a bit more interesting to watch! And ayu, in both dresses....GORGEOUS. Absolutely, gorgeous! Her entire look was total perfection (her hairstyle, nails & dress were all perfect!).

Since it seems like avex cut the last few seconds, off...I'm really curious to find out what happens at the end! So I am totally looking forward to watching the full PV.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 26th March 2015, 02:47 AM
Heartplace Initiate

It figures AHS hates the one PV I enjoyed lmao

It got a little boring toward the middle, but daaamn that first 1/3 of the PV slaaayed! The mixing of the song though, jfc, forgot how bad it was. You can't even remotely hear the main vocal track in the choruses. Anyway, that's old news lmao, it's just a shame they didn't fix it up for the album because it's clearly really bad.

There was something really Memorial address era about the styling and the visuals, it's refreshing! She's definitely stepped up her PV game from Colours. Not a single bad PV on this album.
Old 26th March 2015, 03:07 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

"Poorly executed"

No, really, this go watch the Katy Perry videos or something like that.

Edited because I made a pretty insensitive joke about something rather serious. Sorry for anyone offended by it!

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 26th March 2015 at 03:32 AM.
Old 26th March 2015, 03:20 AM
fairyland Initiate

I really loved this PV. The simplicity of the video worked in its favor, IMO. Made me like the song, too!

Old 26th March 2015, 03:26 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Wow I literally watched this and thought AHS is gonna love this!

Apparently not. I think it's fantastic. It had tons of replay value for me. Which Zutto has zero of for me. This one feels so much more intimate and its a game trying to see her. I actually really like this one. I wonder about the ending as well.

It's my fave vid on the album btw. So I don't even care about the negative comments lol.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 26th March 2015 at 03:32 AM.
Old 26th March 2015, 03:36 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
She did the PV on a whim. It wasn't really planned and it was basically Ayu saying "I think I want to do a PV for this song" so really no budget was set aside for such a thing. But she made the decision and they "made it work" for her. I actually believe it could have been a lot worse. At least the shots are gorgeous, her styling is on point, the "quality" of the filming isn't bad. By trying not to "stretch" the budget they were able to make something simple look better than had they tried to overextend the capabilities of the budget (like Party Queen PVs).

Her PVs have been degrading over the years, no doubt, but I'd rather they work with it than fight against it (the budget cuts, that is). Otherwise, everything just looks tacky and the "cheapness" of it all becomes more evident. This video doesn't look "cheap" at all, it looks as if it was a conscious decision rather than "due to limitations".
9.998 times out of 10, I totally agree and fawn over your viewpoints, Zeke. I just can't on this one. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect that 4:08 seconds of a pretty decent song should at least have 4:08 seconds comparable to PVs like crossroad, CAROLS, MOON, how beautiful you are... Angel... I mean, really, the list goes on with this. Maybe low budget, yes, and Ayu definitely looks beautiful, but is it asking too much to maybe add in some kind of patterned backdrop or even maybe some photographic content fading in and out or marquee behind her?

Zeke, honey... she's literally just standing in front of a camera, in a pretty dress, jumping around and mouthing words. The lyrics have so much context to them, Ayu wanting to force someone to not leave and have her go to bed with their memory. There's no possible way this could have even... I don't know... ended with the camera doing a 180 degree pan to show that she's been screaming at a figure as it slams a door on her? She's worth some $400 million dollars. She couldn't have torn up a teddy bear or some love letters or pictures as some sort of symbolism that she wants an identity again?

It's simple, yes, but you know what else was simple and clearly didn't get a massive budget? WARNING, Lady Dynamite, BRILLANTE, MOON, crossroad, how beautiful you are. Not everything has to be a do it again, evolution, Startin', JEWEL, GREEN, or Days. NEVER EVER is similar to this, but there's at least some content to accompany her standing there. The only PV worse than this is TO BE.

I just don't get it. Why film a PV if the only thing you're going to do is stand in front of a camera and mouth along to the song?

And for those wondering if the last 3-5 seconds will have some surprise, please look back at all the other times we thought something seemed slightly off about a PV or a cover or some announcement that was made, and how we all eventually just came to terms with the fact that there wasn't any hidden content or crazy meaning to any of it. The best we've had is the word HOPE on FIVE.
Old 26th March 2015, 03:41 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Wow. Wow. Wow. This is a new low for her with PVs. I don't think she's done something this bland, pointless, and disappointing. Every time the song started to build up, I was thinking, Okay, something is going to happen here, maybe it'll be... Oh, no, I guess it's just Ayu's face again... and the light swinging again... Okay... well, maybe something will happen after this verse... It looks like something mi--- oh, nope, more Ayu's face and the light swinging again. The. Entire. Fucking. Video.

It's bad enough that I think she could have just NOT done a PV for Last minute and it wouldn't have been much different. Hell, she could have done the PV back in December if this was all she was going to do for the song.

I'm super disappointed. I've had a lot of shit to spew about her recent PVs, how boring and flat they feel, but I didn't honestly think she would just look at camera, no backdrop, no story, no point whatsoever, and mouth the words for 4 minutes. That's low. Very low.
Pretty much my reaction. I was shocked at how bad this was.
Shame because the song is so amazing. It deserves better.
Old 26th March 2015, 03:42 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:

How is that a new "low," if I may ask? (Not attacking your opinion, just curious.) There are many videos like this, with very few theatrics/props/etc. Off the top of my head: Duffy's Warwick Avenue, Janelle Monáe's Cold War or Björk's Pagan Poetry. They're great, imo, because they focus on the artist conveying something directly to the viewer but leaving a great deal of space for interpretation. It's nice.

On my first viewing, I would guess she's somewhere in limbo or purgatory. The light is swinging like a clock pendulum to show time and the blackness gives a sense of depression or eternity. With her movements, I think she's either trying to live with herself, put the pieces of her "soul" back together or fighting with someone/something that's tortured her for a long time.

I could be looking too much into it, but at least the video made me intrigued enough to make my own storyline to her video. And there's room for a plot to have been told, just maybe not be explicitly. I prefer that to "Oh look, the buff guy likes the girl because she looks/feels like Ayu now" (FTL) or "She's not that great of a dancer" (Lelio) or "This doesn't fit the song at all" (Melody) at least.

Old 26th March 2015, 03:45 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Wow I literally watched this and thought AHS is gonna love this!

Apparently not. I think it's fantastic. It had tons of replay value for me. Which Zutto has zero of for me. This one feels so much more intimate and its a game trying to see her. I actually really like this one. I wonder about the ending as well.

It's my fave vid on the album btw. So I don't even care about the negative comments lol.
I think I'd have loved Zutto... more if the best part weren't ruined haha.

Old 26th March 2015, 03:47 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Yeah... I love how it's a direct mirror to crossroad even though it was ruined in the short version.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a one, last minute