FLOWER & Mad World (Short ver. MVs on YouTube) - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 19th June 2016, 03:39 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

For me at this point, I just want her to do what she wants.
Old 19th June 2016, 03:53 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I believe it's the opposite. She used to pretty much do things to please fans or try to one up herself but nowadays she's being more honest with her works, mainly since say, 2015.
While I do agree that overall she's doing more of what she wants to do, in regards solely to her "emotions" on camera, I think she's just hamming it up. I could be wrong, maybe she's not doing it for fans and she likes being over dramatic. Maybe she doesn't even notice. I would prefer that she didn't, but I am not too concerned, as I mostly just listen to her music as mp3s anyway.

introduce a little anarchy

Old 19th June 2016, 03:55 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
For me at this point, I just want her to do what she wants.
I just want her to do what she wants to make herself happy.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 19th June 2016, 05:13 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
The thing is, "the highest potentianl" on her case is also something highly subjective. As Coelacanth said, her fanbase is very diverse and people are atracted towards her because of different aspects. For example: For some people she is at her best when she is releasing the pop anthem of the decade, for some people she is at her best when she is touching complicated social issues with her lyrics. She can't do both at the highest level at the same time. Some people like her best when she is working her signature sound, some people like her best when she is experiementing all the way, she also can't do both at the same time, etc.
Well, the highest potential they believe and/or know in their heart she is capable of. But even so, I'm saying in general, when a fan is displeased, it is because she is not excelling in the arena that they believe she at her best in. It's not hate; if anything, it's too much love.
Old 19th June 2016, 05:48 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Too much love can be as problematic as hate... Mostly when it makes people wish for her failure because she isn't pleasing them. Or when they love her so much they feel the need to post every 5 minutes that they didn't like something.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 19th June 2016, 06:31 AM
rainy day Initiate

I never said it wasn't problematic. That's why I wrote "too much."
Old 19th June 2016, 06:40 AM
ayu trance Initiate

People complain about ayu overreacting acting, but Asians are generally more passionate I guess you can say when they break down. From animes to dramas. I think ayus pv breakdown maybe a little heavy but I think it suits it. I think the look she does when she gets off the couch and moves to the mirror is exactly the right look to someone in that position. And also haven't you heard the saying 'don't be so over dramatic', people do get like that

I wonder how long till an Asian tabloid comes out saying ayu want to retire

Old 19th June 2016, 09:14 AM
Two of us Initiate

I dont love them, but I like them.

I prefer simple low budget to an expensive shitshow. They are both simple and to the point. Not her best, but actually better than expected.
Old 19th June 2016, 10:22 AM
count down Initiate

1. everyone knows Ayu was a constant creative output in her work, and how everything was so seamless and tight in concept and execution (LOVEppears - (miss)understood). I don't know if she's tired now or what, but let's not disagree that there is a drop in her standard since 2006 or so.

2. I've noticed this thing about Ayu since Love songs; she has many great and creative ideas, yet for some reason the execution is lacking. watching the previews for FLOWER and Mad World, or well most of her videos since 2010, it's like, I get it you know? I understood what she was trying to say, I just really disliked how she said it.

That seems to a recurring problem even for this time. FLOWER was honestly very interesting, you can see the contrasting elements, like how she, along with her background are so modern and "Americanized", yet the song itself, along with the subtitles on the side (never been done before in an Ayu video), and her movements (hand gestures, cutting of hair, etc.) are all pretty traditional maybe pretty "Japonesque" if you would put it.

But again, when they come together, in her execution, or her team's execution, something falls short. I suspect her newer team of "A CREW" or whoever the hell is it doing up her stuff since 2010 might not have been cohesive with the ideas in her mind. she needs to realize and fix that, if she wants to be better again.

3. i read about Amuro's "Golden Touch" and I watched it.. lol yes it's creative and good, but it's Namie Amuro. i'm sorry but i expect nothing from a manufactured pop star except for more good songs i can put on my playlist to run and work out.

i expect a lot more from Ayu because that's who she has been portraying herself to be.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 19th June 2016, 10:53 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

A CREW only did stuff on Colours. It was basically just her and her dancers with a small budget.
Old 19th June 2016, 11:23 AM
glitter Initiate

I love the previews!!!! I really do

Best advice: Stay away from AHS or from most of the comment section at least if you want a happy and fun fan experience lol. Best thing I ever did. I can't believe there are certain people on here who after all these years are still doing and saying the same shit. "No ayu no life" it seems lol Even if they might be namie amuro stans
Old 19th June 2016, 01:17 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
I don't know if she's tired now or what, but let's not disagree that there is a drop in her standard since 2006 or so.
Yes, let's disagree, because this is your opinion, not a fact. To me, for example, her best concept execution started around 2010. On the same way I really dislike Secret and RNRC and some people find those the peak of her creativity, and that's ok. This seen to be an idea particulary hard for you to get considering you enjoy taking part entering in discussions about releases you dislike to say everyone who likes it are making up excuses but you are enlighted enough to see it for the shit it is, and this is really annoying.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 19th June 2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 19th June 2016, 01:27 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
A CREW only did stuff on Colours. It was basically just her and her dancers with a small budget.
Wasn't warning also done by them?

@Spancer - I disagree that there's been a drop in quality of her music. With the PVs ayu's never been consistent to begin with so I can't really see a pattern there...

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 19th June 2016, 02:38 PM
TO BE Initiate

Lol you know what's worse than those who complain about her work?

Those who complain about people complaining

TBH since someone brought up Colours -- I thought the videos on that were, for the most part, pretty great. Feel the love was funny/cute, Merry go round was safe but pretty, the only one I was unsure about was Angel.
Old 19th June 2016, 03:27 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
Lol you know what's worse than those who complain about her work?

Those who complain about people complaining

TBH since someone brought up Colours -- I thought the videos on that were, for the most part, pretty great. Feel the love was funny/cute, Merry go round was safe but pretty, the only one I was unsure about was Angel.
+1 to the first sentence!

Is this so much pain in the *** to say I dislike something because I dont like the acting and the idea of the video? (Im talking about FLOWER, cause Mad World is simple and gorgeous)

I didnt said that it looked cheap. Some of her videos looked cheap and was amazing - hbya, Voyage, HEAVEN, rainy day, HANABI ~II~. Cheap doesn't mean bad for me.
If I could add something for "cheap" word, I would say that cheap is their creativity. She just used that methods before (its a mix of Don't look back, Last minute and Step by step) and (for me, obviously) her acting skills looks just awkward in this video. She could hire me as a scenario writer and I could think of more creative video for FLOWER with only a good camera and some clothes. I would just put her in to the white screen, and still think of better scenario than the god*** diva-hotel hair cut clique.
Old 19th June 2016, 04:00 PM
Trauma Initiate

loving the videoooo
Old 19th June 2016, 04:48 PM
TO BE Initiate

Since we're on the topic - my favourite PV with a haircut scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_hLfhccYf0
Old 19th June 2016, 06:01 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I really like the previews. I'm intrigued to see how FLOWER turns out. Mad World damn near made me cry. So many wonderful years she's given us.

As for the "drop in creative quality" over the years, I agree with the person who said she's never been consistent. There are PVs from her peak that I despise more than the ones she's come out with lately. The PV for SURREAL came close to ruining my all time favorite ayu song. It's really a hit or miss with ayu but I'm okay with that as long as she keeps coming out with new music. For me, there are always a gem or two every now and then. Even if it sucks, at least I get a good laugh. What's the harm, really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^Too much love can be as problematic as hate... Mostly when it makes people wish for her failure because she isn't pleasing them. Or when they love her so much they feel the need to post every 5 minutes that they didn't like something.
Interesting point.
Old 19th June 2016, 07:55 PM
independent Initiate

FLOWER sounds really cool and I like MV for Mad World - interesting concept, not digging the song itself much tho.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 19th June 2016, 07:56 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Wasn't warning also done by them?

@Spancer - I disagree that there's been a drop in quality of her music. With the PVs ayu's never been consistent to begin with so I can't really see a pattern there...
Oo, forgot about that one. I wonder why they didn't go with a usual director for those PVs, tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
+1 to the first sentence!

Is this so much pain in the *** to say I dislike something because I dont like the acting and the idea of the video? (Im talking about FLOWER, cause Mad World is simple and gorgeous)

I didnt said that it looked cheap. Some of her videos looked cheap and was amazing - hbya, Voyage, HEAVEN, rainy day, HANABI ~II~. Cheap doesn't mean bad for me.
If I could add something for "cheap" word, I would say that cheap is their creativity. She just used that methods before (its a mix of Don't look back, Last minute and Step by step) and (for me, obviously) her acting skills looks just awkward in this video. She could hire me as a scenario writer and I could think of more creative video for FLOWER with only a good camera and some clothes. I would just put her in to the white screen, and still think of better scenario than the god*** diva-hotel hair cut clique.
You should know that you are not part of this issue, which is much more than expressing dissatisfaction, though it's more about the way it's expressed, the attitude that goes along with it, and the rate at which it happens. Somehow everyone who doesn't see issue with it is 'blind' and those who dislike it are able to 'see' as if they're enlightened to something everyone else isn't getting. In the end, it's up to Ayu. If this is what she wants, then no writer can convince her otherwise.

I love Ayu, but I swear it does get a little bit unsettling how 90% of her releases always come along with the same criticisms and it makes me not want to post here because somehow being a fan is a bad thing on a fan forum (??). She's changing all the time and she doesn't feel like she has to be who she was and instead is just being who she is. Even if that results in a cheapo video that you don't like, is it really that difficult for some to accept that there are people who are okay with what she's putting out? You can say your piece about how you hate it, but I don't really understand CONTINUING to do so for post after post telling people that they have shit taste and so on.

And other than KAYZU who was pretty much a big part of TeamAyu anyway or the tour logos that never really mean anything in the end, I hope no fans ever work for her.

I would say Ayu's music has always been great with about as many 'iffy' tracks that seem a bit lazy over the years like Curtain calls and such, but there are tracks that can go head to head with stuff she made in her peak. As far as videos go, she really has always been pretty inconsistent and only really had a few gems here and there minus that period where she was experimenting more with amateur movie directors (2003 and essentially 2005).

Last edited by truehappiness; 19th June 2016 at 08:07 PM.

Tags
flower, m(a)de in japan, mad world, made in japan