What do these PVs mean O_o? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 9th September 2004, 05:10 AM
SCAR Initiate

Red face What do these PVs mean O_o?

Number one: Voyage, I understand that they are on a voyage etc but what I don't get is, what are they saying in the beginning and in the middle? I dunno...I mean I know she's on a voyage and is held hostage O_o

Number two: Rainbow, she meets herself and finds herself and then kisses herself?

Number three: DAYBREAK, -________- let's walk down a road and sing, that tells me all about what the song means.

Number four: Game, the funky wierd people

Number five: Moments, did she give her wings away and that's blood

Number six: hanabi ep2, a guitar player

number seven: ~forgiveness, pretty song eh? ...but faries what does that have to do with a forgivenful ness? though I love the song

Number Eight: WHY DOES OURSELVES HAVE TO BE THE SCARIEST...she should make another scary one...

YOU ARE FUNNY
Old 9th September 2004, 05:18 AM
Banned

The lyrics should help somewhat, although they don't always match up to the PVs.
Old 9th September 2004, 06:58 AM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

check out masa's site (url on top of ahs site), there's a whole bunch of explanation for different pv's up there~

enjoy!

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 9th September 2004, 09:54 AM
CAROLS Initiate

check masa's site ^^ he's got numerous means of pvs ^^
Old 9th September 2004, 10:25 AM
ever free Initiate

i dont think she kissed herself in rainbow... but i get that one, she met with herself. because, perhaps she was in denial about who she really was, so its a metaphor - she met herself, she was confronted with who she was, and in the end, it turns out it was all her imagination and she laughs. at the club, after she catches up with her, she's comforting herself, its so beautiful... aaa...
Old 9th September 2004, 01:31 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

The forgiveness PV is based on the cover image of the single - I think it's just meant to be pretty.

"Once you turn into a memory, you exist inside me forever
& that's the cruelest thing there is..."
-18.12.08- -25.06.09- -29.02.12- -06.08.13-

. . . . . .
Old 10th September 2004, 01:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by norain
Number one: Voyage, I understand that they are on a voyage etc but what I don't get is, what are they saying in the beginning and in the middle? I dunno...I mean I know she's on a voyage and is held hostage O_o

Number two: Rainbow, she meets herself and finds herself and then kisses herself?

Number three: DAYBREAK, -________- let's walk down a road and sing, that tells me all about what the song means.

Number four: Game, the funky wierd people

Number five: Moments, did she give her wings away and that's blood

Number six: hanabi ep2, a guitar player

number seven: ~forgiveness, pretty song eh? ...but faries what does that have to do with a forgivenful ness? though I love the song

Number Eight: WHY DOES OURSELVES HAVE TO BE THE SCARIEST...she should make another scary one...

Voyage was for the moving, Tsuki ni Shizumu (Sinking Moon).

RAINBOW was about coping between her present self and her past self. Or maybe it was coping Hamasaki Ayumi and Ayu? I'm not 100% sure on this one.

Daybreak:
" Having lost my face
because of these times,
I've lived all these years
clinging to my own existence.
"
That's why she has the sullen look in her face and the ratty clothing.

" Don't forget that we're both
travelling to the place
we once dreamed of
"
Traveling = walking

" Light and shadow are
really the same thing.
If you close your eyes,
you can see them on your own.
"
This is why she closes her eyes and it's rather dark outside.

I don't know about GAME, I haven't seen the PV enough.

Moments is the same as GAME.

Just read the lyrics for the other songs.
Old 12th September 2004, 12:08 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Voyage: It just incorporates clips from the movie into it...I've only seen it a handful of times because I really didn't like that PV much.

Rainbow: It's all about healing one's self, how she has to come to terms with her past. It's kind of like she is two people and breaks in half and then is chasing her other self, the her that is in pain, trying to come to terms with it all. She kisses herself because she is comforting herself. It really goes closely with the lyrics. I think in the end, when she has healed and comes to terms she kind of laughs at it all and the other Ayu, the sad troubled Ayu vanishes.

Daybreak: Someone already explained this one way better than I could. It always reminds me of the word daybreak though, it's like dawn, and if you look, it seems like she is walking just at dawn, just at the break of day.

Game: If you read the lyrics it mentions being lost in a maze with no escape and she's asking why can't she find her way out of this? It also mentions how she can't control the game (life I assume) like she would wish. That goes in with the PV because really, the whole thing seems like a big maze with no escape, sort of like a nightmare or something.

Moments: I'm not sure about this one...I think she needs to tell strange little kids not to play in her house though. But then, they all turn into those weird wooden dummies, so I don't know what that means. I did notice how in the lyrics she mentions "after watching your smile I fall alone quietly" and then it shows her laying on the floor almost as if she is a fallen angel. You could be right too, that she has given her wing to him. I'm not sure.

Hanabi ~Ep II~: I actually think this PV hasn't got any meaning besides Ayu being sad and crying.

Forgiveness: Hrm...I know there is the Ayu who is kind of "captive" down in that potato cellar looking place, and there is the goddess Ayu...maybe the captive Ayu is forgiven and set free to become like the other Ayu?

Ourselves: There's been a lot of discussion of this being a reflection on her career and how she didn't want A Best to be released. It seems like a statement of how people are after her and how she is always under such scrutiny, sort of like her own worst nightmare but at the same time a statment of f--k you too. Also, she mentions in the lyrics that she may have secret sides, I think they played up on that in the PV.

Uh...hope my ramblings have made sense in some way.

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Last edited by ohsixthirty; 12th September 2004 at 12:34 AM.
Old 12th September 2004, 12:33 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Here was my interpretation for forgiveness a long time ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
Ayu is imprisoned in her own sadness in a lonely, dark dungeon in a forgotten island...the emptiness a person feel after hating someone for a long time. She can see the blue sky but she can't reach it....As long as you still won't forgive, you'll always be traped on your hard feelings and your life will become a mess, you'll forget to live properly and admire the good things on life. The pixies show the right way Ayu must follow in order to get back her happinness once again...the pixies are nothing more than her own subconscient, showing her the right path to follow. The Flower Ayu represents Ayu's mind. She's (Flower Ayu) melancholic and lonely. Until it (her mind) decides to show itself to the real imprisoned ayu as a gray egg (Gray, a melancholic, sad color) representing her state of mind of still hating. She realizes about her own saddness for still hating and do one of the most noble human acts: the act of turning hate into "forgiveness". As soon as she forgives and forgets, the egg turns into gold (no need to explain that gold represents something very special lol), showing that she no longer is hating and that she has completelly forgiven whoemver or whatever she was hating. Being free of such a terrible thing she gets her freedom by getting those beautiful wings and is finally able to get free of that dungeon. It represents her new state of mind, free of hatred, full of love, she looks very beautiful in the outside but that in fact is how she is in her inner self after finally forgiving.

Thanks for PURIN for making me realize some more stuff for my interpretation.
It isn't by any means the true interpretation and it might even be completelly wrong. I haven't even read the lyrics for the song yet :/ but I hope it makes any sense
Link: http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showth...orgiveness+egg

For Voyage you have to watch the movie Tsuki ni Shizumu (was that the name?) to understand the plot better.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 12th September 2004, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Here was my interpretation for forgiveness a long time ago:
That was GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

『Last minute』

Old 12th September 2004, 01:49 AM
//hikari

*bashes head into wall* I've explained Daybreak far too many times
Old 12th September 2004, 02:06 AM
SURREAL Initiate

okok, but Voyage is just weird... i saw the full version, but still don't understand anything of it =)
Old 12th September 2004, 02:20 AM
//hikari

Voyage is about carrying over the traumas that occur in our past life. She finds that her past love was stolen from her due to the evil woman who was going to sacrifice her to the moon. The tears of blood and sinking into the moon is her way of traveling to the next life to find her lover.

She finds him in the hospital that she is stationed at due to her nightmares. He looks into the window at the stained moon and remembers what happens. Ayu somehow is freed and travels to the place that her previous self past away at. He comes to her and tells her (this is from the movie) that he has finally found what he's been looking for, for so long. That it's been right infront of him all along. And it's Ayu.
Old 12th September 2004, 02:38 AM
SURREAL Initiate

o_O

x_X
Old 12th September 2004, 04:03 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
For Voyage you have to watch the movie Tsuki ni Shizumu (was that the name?) to understand the plot better.
Yup, that means "sink in the moon"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono
okok, but Voyage is just weird... i saw the full version, but still don't understand anything of it =)
This movie is kinda cute. I mean, the story... a typical love story. Have you seen it with subtitles, or do you speak japanese? That's may be why u didn't understand it

Migi te wo tsunaide

Old 12th September 2004, 04:57 AM
Far away Initiate

My friend watched it and she loved the movie.

It was so sad :'(!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12th September 2004, 05:05 AM
WE WISH Initiate

now u guys brought it up, it cleared up lots of doubts...Any one wants to have a go at Kanariya?
Old 12th September 2004, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opal tanya cho
now u guys brought it up, it cleared up lots of doubts...Any one wants to have a go at Kanariya?
I always thought that those people were studying Ayu, like they were studying her musical tones or something like she was their canary? I dunno...

『Last minute』

Old 14th September 2004, 10:46 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I have a theory for "HANABI ~episode II~":

The guitar part is her feeling "exploding beautifully like a firework" hence the fireworks coming from the guitar itself.
Old 14th September 2004, 11:43 AM
Trauma Initiate

ok... thank you for the explanations.................................... i now understand it a tad more thanks