14th album 'LOVE again' out February 8th, 4th of five 15th anniversary releases [III] - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th December 2012, 09:02 PM
WE WISH Initiate

@TA 2004: Nah...I'm not even talking about her being able to continue making music. Just supporting her. Which I can do. But I see your train of thought. I just fail to think it makes sense.

I'm actually glad You & Me is on here. I've come to like it more over time though I already liked it when it first came out anyway. Even though it's like, not summer, I've still been able to enjoy it.

@adantatu: yes please lol

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 27th December 2012, 09:03 PM
GREEN Initiate

the sad part is that you wouldn't even know her if it wasn't for her music and you dont feel the need to support her by buying the product. That's what im getting from people who say they dont need to buy her music. Ayumi just cares about people and doesnt need people to buy her stuff. Bull. She needs it just as much as people need to work to survive. Guess what people, this is her working.
It would be no different if everyone in here were to go to work and not get paid for what they did.
How would people feel about that?

on a brighter note.

we should actually be getting previews for A classical sometime next week!!
ME so happy!!

Last edited by TeamAyu2004; 27th December 2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 27th December 2012, 09:06 PM
Because of You Initiate

okay so what does it make of someone like me who never bought anything? because i just simply can't? And i am not sure if i ever will be able to? like how do you people who are saying all this would call a person like me then?

it's kinda not nice reading all that as being one of those people who just simply can't buy anything...it actually just makes me want to leave the fandom....

but ANYWAY...

i know people hate Melody, but i am actually GLAD it's gettign a PV since it's my fave on LOVE.
Old 27th December 2012, 09:08 PM
Secret Initiate

In other news, the album covers are really cute. Granted, they remind me a bit of Love songs; but still kayute.
Old 27th December 2012, 09:09 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
the sad part is that you wouldn't even know her if it wasn't for her music and you dont feel the need to support her by buying the product. That's what im getting from people who say they dont need to buy her music. Ayumi just cares about people and doesnt need people to buy her stuff. Bull. She needs it just as much as people need to work to survive. Guess what people, this is her working.
It would be no different if everyone in here were to go to work and not get paid for what they did.

on a brighter note.

ME so happy!!

I'm excited for previews as well! I can't wait to know what the 5th release is going to be!

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 27th December 2012, 09:16 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post

on a brighter note.

ME so happy!!
I don't have to buy her CDs as the only way to support her...it's a simple idea. No one is saying they don't want to support her financially. But not everyone can and so some are happier with knowing they can provide moral support or something of the sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 View Post
In other news, the album covers are really cute. Granted, they remind me a bit of Love songs; but still kayute.
I feel like the covers are lovely, but no one cares because of all the surrounding drama lol

They really are cute though, like my favorites of this series of releases.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 27th December 2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 View Post
DEFINITELY reminds me of Love songs, but I love those covers, so it's great.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 27th December 2012, 09:23 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ I love those covers as well...
and it might have been lost in all the garbage, but its the same guy that did the covers.
Old 27th December 2012, 09:34 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post

I agree with this totally. I've been in the position of not having a lot of money in the last few years - fortunately, my position in life has vastly improved, but anyway. In those years I scrimped extra pennies for this and that, managing to buy two albums and a single from Ayu in that time. They're very precious to me.

That said, I don't feel people who have more money are somehow "better" than me...well done, you have a good job and you're comfortable in life. That's great! But it doesn't mean you're a "better fan". Anyone who thinks like that can remove the pole from their ass and educate themselves by looking up the word "empathy".
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss
Old 27th December 2012, 09:41 PM

I'm spending so much money this month on back releases that I don't own yet. Upgrading ALL my OS CDs to Japan press. I'm freaking insane.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 27th December 2012, 09:52 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post

I agree with this totally. I've been in the position of not having a lot of money in the last few years - fortunately, my position in life has vastly improved, but anyway. In those years I scrimped extra pennies for this and that, managing to buy two albums and a single from Ayu in that time. They're very precious to me.

That said, I don't feel people who have more money are somehow "better" than me...well done, you have a good job and you're comfortable in life. That's great! But it doesn't mean you're a "better fan". Anyone who thinks like that can remove the pole from their ass and educate themselves by looking up the word "empathy".

As for your question Basil..I don't think there's been any official statement from anyone linked to Avex about the fandom being unhappy. I'd be very surprised if there was going to be one.
Also, never spent 1 cent on Ayu as I don't like physical releases, I don't like having piles and piles of stuff just for the sake of having it, and I have other priorities for my money, but a lot of people who like her because I introduced her to them did. You can even help her getting richer without spending money.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 27th December 2012, 09:53 PM

I'm so annoyed and pissed of by the people here saying "if you don't buy her CDs, you are not a true fan". That's simply not fair to all the people who want to own Ayu's CDs as much as every other fan but can't afford them.
In general some members in this forum seem to love to tell other fans again and again how much they spend on Ayu's releases and that they always buy all of the versions available. It's one thing to make one post telling what you buyed, but it doesn't have to be 10+ posts. That way it just seems as if you somehow need to show what a true, diehard fan you are and therefore better as all other fans.
Nice to see that here are a lot of privileged people who have enough money to buy whatever they want, but it would also be nice if those people realise that they belong to the privileged ones.

And to the point that "you need to buy her CDs, otherwise she wouldn't be famous anymore": Ayu got famous overseas because of illegal downloads, people would have never heard about her or cared about her without downloading from the internet. And being successful as an artist isn't only about sales, most money comes from concerts and Ayu's tours are pretty big every year. She and avex make way more money when all the people visiting her concerts actually pay for a ticket instead of a CD.
I still remember the big J-Rock/Visual Kei boom here and a lot of Visual Kei bands were able to hold concert tours in Europe only because their fans download their music illegal. From my experience all bands were surprised and very happy to have fans in Europe. Those bands of course know that they don't sell anything here because their CDs aren't available in Europe. But they wanted to tour here nonetheless, just because of the fans. L'Arc~en~Ciel was even able to sell out two big arenas in London and Paris (and I guess they made a good amount of money).

Point is, even when you can't afford buying CDs of your favourite artists you are as much a fan as everyone else. There are a lot of ways showing support, not only buying CDs.
Old 27th December 2012, 09:57 PM

People are miscontruing my point. Not buying releases =/= not being a true fan.

What is a fan? Someone who enjoys the material an artist puts out? Their personality, something about them, etc.? Regardless, they are a business, a product. If people didn't buy her releases, she wouldn't be anywhere near where she is today. It doesn't make you more or less of a fan if you buy or don't buy releases. Personally I take pride in the fact that I own everything and every version, because that's my choice. I just don't understand the mindset of people who don't WANT to own anything despite being a fan. It's just a little weird.

PS Chibi-chan yes I brag and I'm gonna keep doing so because I'm proud and excited and blessed that I'm in a position to do so. Oh well

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 27th December 2012, 10:03 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Whenever I come to LOVE again threads, it seems to me that I've been reading the same page for 30 hours.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 27th December 2012, 10:04 PM

^because *****es just be going back and forth.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 27th December 2012, 10:09 PM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
I'm so annoyed and pissed of by the people here saying "if you don't buy her CDs, you are not a true fan". That's simply not fair to all the people who want to own Ayu's CDs as much as every other fan but can't afford them.
In general some members in this forum seem to love to tell other fans again and again how much they spend on Ayu's releases and that they always buy all of the versions available. It's one thing to make one post telling what you buyed, but it doesn't have to be 10+ posts. That way it just seems as if you somehow need to show what a true, diehard fan you are and therefore better as all other fans.
Nice to see that here are a lot of privileged people who have enough money to buy whatever they want, but it would also be nice if those people realise that they belong to the privileged ones.

And to the point that "you need to buy her CDs, otherwise she wouldn't be famous anymore": Ayu got famous overseas because of illegal downloads, people would have never heard about her or cared about her without downloading from the internet. And being successful as an artist isn't only about sales, most money comes from concerts and Ayu's tours are pretty big every year. She and avex make way more money when all the people visiting her concerts actually pay for a ticket instead of a CD.
I still remember the big J-Rock/Visual Kei boom here and a lot of Visual Kei bands were able to hold concert tours in Europe only because their fans download their music illegal. From my experience all bands were surprised and very happy to have fans in Europe. Those bands of course know that they don't sell anything here because their CDs aren't available in Europe. But they wanted to tour here nonetheless, just because of the fans. L'Arc~en~Ciel was even able to sell out two big arenas in London and Paris (and I guess they made a good amount of money).

Point is, even when you can't afford buying CDs of your favourite artists you are as much a fan as everyone else. There are a lot of ways showing support, not only buying CDs.
APPLAUSE.

This conversation is ridiculous, as usually here in AHS
Old 27th December 2012, 10:11 PM

^wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 27th December 2012, 10:12 PM
Dolls Initiate

the covers should've had two hot naked guys making out.
Old 27th December 2012, 10:21 PM
And Then Initiate

LOL man im so happy i didnt buy LOVE and again... this actually makes me want to buy the album. i dont think people know how excited i am to hear kunio tago is producing. i wonder if well ever hear CREA again though..
Old 27th December 2012, 10:21 PM

Look at all my playbuttons!! It upsets me that I can't order the LOVE again playbutton!! smh

Spoiler:

...OK OK, I'll stop being obnoxious now.

I do really want that LOVE again play button though.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, love again