Ayu Schedule #3 - TV Appearances, Magazines, etc. - Page 17 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th December 2009, 07:51 PM
walking proud Initiate

^ Well yeah, they do usually ask about what she is wearing it seems more than anything else - or at least it seems that way from what I remember. At least in that poll though, for Ayu her lyrics were ranked first, but fashion and looks weren't far behind.
Old 8th December 2009, 07:55 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
That's why ayu sounds like a bimbo on most of her interviews, right? Cuz they often focus the interview on fashion and stuff like that ~~'
Yeah and I always get the impression ayu tries to keep her answer to these questions very short so they can focus on the music instead.
Old 8th December 2009, 08:57 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
^ It's not just fan girls though, a lot of people of all ages watch Johnny's tv shows - especially SMAPXSMAP.

I think it has to do with how the people are perceived by the public which dictates whether people get tired of them or not or how quickly they get tired of them. Like in a recent poll, people said the number 1 reason they liked Arashi was because of their humanity. Whereas most female artists it was their looks or fashion or something along those lines - often things that are fleeting or people get sick of easily; not their actual personalities.
Actually, none of them had Looks/Fashion at #1, but I guess looks are important to Japanese audience when it comes to female singers (imo arashi aren't exactly what I'd call hot looking people, but that's arguable I guess, so it kinda makes sense that their "Looks" didn't make it into top 3 )

Kumi Koda:
1. Vocals
2. Looks
3. PVs

Ai Otsuka:
1. Lyrics
2. Vocals
3. Looks

Namie Amuro:
1. Live Performance
2. Fashion
3. Looks

YUI:
1. Vocals
2. Lyrics
3. Looks

Ayumi Hamasaki:
1. Lyrics
2. Looks
3. Fashion

Hikaru Utada:
1. Vocals
2. Songs
3. Lyrics

ayaka:
1. Vocals
2. Looks
3. Vocal technique

BoA:
1. Vocals
2. Looks
3. Live

Mika Nakashima:
1. Vocals
2. Looks
3. Lyrics

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 8th December 2009, 09:02 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Well... there is those pool by oricon celebration Ayu's 10th anni, where her 5 most liked traits... and it was something like... lyrics, music, voice, and them, fashion if i'm not wrong...

but yeah, most of the time it seens that they don't care about them as artistis

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 8th December 2009, 09:40 PM
Liar Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Actually, none of them had Looks/Fashion at #1, but I guess looks are important to Japanese audience when it comes to female singers (imo arashi aren't exactly what I'd call hot looking people, but that's arguable I guess, so it kinda makes sense that their "Looks" didn't make it into top 3 )
yes yes very arguable lol!

well ayu is usually on those fashion type polls from oricon or whatever so I definitely can see that as being something that people like about her. Though I doubt they are basing it on her concert tour outfits lol

FlavorsCD CollectionNana Mizuki Forum
Old 8th December 2009, 09:49 PM
Lelio Protector

It's still amazing that a lot of people voted for ayu's lyrics as the first thing they like in her. She didn't lose her touch.

I was really surprised that hikki's lyrics are just #3 the thing people like in her the most.
Old 8th December 2009, 10:11 PM
TO BE Initiate

^ Utada's lyrics are weird, even in English. Easy breezy/Hotel lobby anyone???

But sometimes its awesome like Hikari/Passion/Colors/Sakura drops

I always take Ayu's looks & fashion for granted. I just love her lyrics, music, & charisma all which drove me to like her in the first place. And sadly it's not her voice
Old 8th December 2009, 10:21 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Ahhh, I didn't remember the specifics of everyones rankings, just that AYu's number 1 was lyrics - I just remembered seeing looks and fashion a lot for the female artists but stuff like personality and humanity for the men, which I find interesting. I'm trying to find the original article because there were probably more artists listed than that. And yeah, there are definitely much better looking boybands than Arashi. That is why people like them for their personality. You usually don't hear people say they like them 'cause they are hot!' or something.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 8th December 2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 8th December 2009, 11:07 PM
Lelio Protector

Btw Sunshineslayer I wanted to ask you since I know you are well informed in shows.
In the Best Artist 2009 they also requsted people to vote for wishful collaborations.
Do you think they will do something about it? I mean there will be some kind of a highly voted collaboration or they will pretty much do nothing with that option they gave to fill?
(I can't recall if they requested such things to fill in the previous years or if they did anything besides showing popularity from the people who voted ages and genders).
Old 9th December 2009, 01:29 AM
sending mail Initiate

So five performances so far? Anyone think there will be anymore? Possibly?

Old 9th December 2009, 01:37 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Btw Sunshineslayer I wanted to ask you since I know you are well informed in shows.
In the Best Artist 2009 they also requsted people to vote for wishful collaborations.
Do you think they will do something about it? I mean there will be some kind of a highly voted collaboration or they will pretty much do nothing with that option they gave to fill?
(I can't recall if they requested such things to fill in the previous years or if they did anything besides showing popularity from the people who voted ages and genders).
I think in previous years they showed VTRs of such things. But a bunch of artists just did collaborations together on FNS so there are at least several people right now that are rehearsed and ready to go in terms of collaborations. Now whether it will actually be the collaborations people voted for is another thing I guess.

In addition to special collaborations, it also says there will be special hit medleys. So hopefully Ayu will do that. The only artist I know of so far that has that planned is Arashi.

I hope this show ends up being as great as it usually is because FNS this year was quite lackluster.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 9th December 2009 at 01:44 AM.
Old 9th December 2009, 04:07 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyGrahams View Post
I always take Ayu's looks & fashion for granted. I just love her lyrics, music, & charisma all which drove me to like her in the first place. And sadly it's not her voice
Ayu's voice gave me a headache when I first started listening to her

But she was so cute, I decided to stick around for a bit longer and soon discovered her amazing lyrics
Old 9th December 2009, 07:27 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
I think in previous years they showed VTRs of such things. But a bunch of artists just did collaborations together on FNS so there are at least several people right now that are rehearsed and ready to go in terms of collaborations. Now whether it will actually be the collaborations people voted for is another thing I guess.

In addition to special collaborations, it also says there will be special hit medleys. So hopefully Ayu will do that. The only artist I know of so far that has that planned is Arashi.

I hope this show ends up being as great as it usually is because FNS this year was quite lackluster.
Thank you. ^^

Usually FNS get more rating or kouhaku?
I mean which show is more popular?
Old 9th December 2009, 07:40 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
I'm trying to find the original article because there were probably more artists listed than that. And yeah, there are definitely much better looking boybands than Arashi. That is why people like them for their personality. You usually don't hear people say they like them 'cause they are hot!' or something.
I don't think anyone on JPM actually posted the link to the article, at least I haven't seen one. Well people seem to like DBSK for being "human" too, yet they also like the way they look. I hope you're getting what I am trying to say. Nevertheless imo Utada kinda got the 3 things that are the most important for their job in her top 3.

Tohoshinki:
1. Vocals
2. Humanity
3. Looks

Arashi:
1. Humanity
2. Live Performance
3. Musical atmosphere

as for the Best Artists 2009, I don't remember seeing any collabs since 2005, though I sometimes just skip through some of the performances.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 9th December 2009, 08:16 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Those are not from articles, but they're from the artist pages at barks.jp.

http://www.barks.jp/artist/?id=52004965
Left hand side under BEST 3.

Zoominayu mentions CDTV on 12/19 and a CDTV 12/31~1/1 COUNTDOWN Toshikoshi SP...

Last edited by truehappiness; 9th December 2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 9th December 2009, 12:52 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

i said this before... but I think it's possible that ayu will sing BALLAD at Kouhaku. Kouhaku = NHK, BALLAD's tie-up = NHK drama.

And also, ayu is appearing on CDTV twice. She recorded 2 performances for it. A normal CDTV episode and then the CDTV Super Live, or whatever. She said so in her blog~

so it's CDTV x 2, MS x 2, Kouhaku, Best Artist

Oh, and I wanted to make a correction about the pink dress she wore, apparently the material was like...this, but I suppose my roommate could be wrong, I don't know how close he was haha...):

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 9th December 2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 9th December 2009, 01:04 PM
UNITE! Initiate

^So she wore no dress but those fluffy panties? *_*

Wow, so many performances!
Old 9th December 2009, 01:35 PM
Who... Initiate

LOL if she really wore those pants I honestly don't know what to think. xD They do look somewhat comfy, but for a spa night alone at home or something.. And even then the white ones are the only ones I'd consider wearing.

BRILLIANCE

Old 9th December 2009, 04:06 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

i'm sorry, i meant the material is the same!! haha i need to specify that now haha!!

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 9th December 2009, 04:09 PM
walking proud Initiate

^ lol. Yeah I was thinking Ayu totally lost her mind if she performed You We're in those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Those are not from articles, but they're from the artist pages at barks.jp.

http://www.barks.jp/artist/?id=52004965
Left hand side under BEST 3.

Zoominayu mentions CDTV on 12/19 and a CDTV 12/31~1/1 COUNTDOWN Toshikoshi SP...
Ahh thanks.

So I wonder if she pre-recorded both performances or if it is just for the regular CDTV show on the 19th and she will perform live on the CDTV special? Or both are prerecorded it sounds like.

@ayumisrael: Kohaku is the biggest show of the year ratings wise. FNS is usually second I think.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 9th December 2009 at 04:14 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, magazine, schedule, tv appearances