[A] Ayu ~Anything Goes XIX~ - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th February 2017, 03:26 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Ayu ~Anything Goes XIX~

We're gonna need a new thread here.
Old 20th February 2017, 02:18 PM
No way to say Initiate

I want ayu to make great comeback.

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 20th February 2017, 09:43 PM
rainy day Initiate

^ Me too but I think others have discussed many reasons why it's virtually impossible at this point. I would think the only hope she might have is if she were to completely rebrand herself, but then again she wouldn't have her legacy to rely on and I don't think the music and certainly not her voice would be enough to rope people in. Without the image she is nothing, but with the image she has so much negativity projected onto her.
Old 20th February 2017, 10:07 PM
GREEN Initiate

I think her main problem (and its not a problem really) is that she doesn't care.
Shje cares about her music and her fans, but she doesn't care what she SHOULD do, but she cares about what she wants to do.
Shes made her mark and shes happy with where she is. Now shes just doing her.

And sadly if you are just doing you you arent very popular. You dont follow the trends you dont do whats popular.

Anyways... thats why I think she wont ever make a HUGE comeback.
Old 21st February 2017, 07:53 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Well, of course she is not hot topic number one, but I think she does well. She does not need to rebrand, because her brand is good as it is: there is this whole 00s nostaliga and the 'new/experimental' and content side of her. And the best thing is: she is not planning to quit. What else do you want?
That being said, also I love the Ayu from 2002-2007 era the most. Not that I am against the recent Ayu, but the music from then meant much to me. I don't really have an opinion on the 'recent Ayu'; her music is nice, but it does not do much to me (except for a couple of gems like Sweet Scar and FLOWER)

Now you can be very upset about people hating on her, or wishing for an huge comeback so she is number one again and you all can be proud, but what are you really asking of her? Totally ditching the old image? Or some sort of theme, like Koda Kumi is doing now (and really, Kumi is not innovative but she has that 'own' sound to every song of hers that you guys totally dig.) To me it only made sense that Utada Hikaru made an huge comeback, because she was on hiatus for a long while. Also, now I hear so little about her. Yeah, she released an album, it was OK (I probably listened to it two times) and then again the world moves forward and is looking forward to newer clubs, that last for one debut album and never come back on the market again (unless they have a huge fanbase)

I am really surprised Ayu can still perform a lot as releases new content every year. It makes me happy. I really do not see the point of totally updating her brand, because the people who stick with her, like her for who she is.

Old 21st February 2017, 10:37 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think no one really expects a huge comeback from her but if she has an earworm or huge collaboration, who knows.
Old 21st February 2017, 12:31 PM
opening Run Initiate

I don't see how she can appeal to a wide new audience now.
Thank god she's doing just fine with her loyal fanbase, even though it's slowly decreasing every year.
Speaking of fanbase, I still think she had nothing to apologize for when she so-called abandoned Japan. It wasn't important where she was, she was still releasing music and stuff, even toured. As if Japanese fans could go see her if she was living in Japan. It's her right to live where she wants and when she needs. She needed that escape, it was just a phase of her life, nothing to be sorry about.
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (11.05, 12.05 (Yokohama), 15.05, 16.05 (Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
ARENA TOUR 2015 Cirque de Minuit ~真夜中のサーカス~(11.04, 12.04 Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~MADE IN TOKYO~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』(29.12, 30.12)
Old 21st February 2017, 03:57 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post
I am really surprised Ayu can still perform a lot as releases new content every year. It makes me happy. I really do not see the point of totally updating her brand, because the people who stick with her, like her for who she is.
I'm not saying she should do this, what I'm saying is that "the people who stick with her" are not going to single-handedly usher in a "comeback" of sorts for her. The topic was a full-fledged comeback, and I commented on the probability of that alone, and what might birth even the slightest possibility of that.

And yes, there is this whole "nostalgia" thing, but Ayu has been milking that for aeons. I mean, how many times can you say "hey people, look at who I was"?
Old 21st February 2017, 09:45 PM
rainy day Initiate

Lately I've been looping HONEY as I walk around campus because the weather has gotten quite nice. I don't care what anyone says, that song is a BOP! I always loved it and was surprised that many actually had such a strong hate for it. To me, the progression is on point, the melody perfectly mirrors the subject matter/emotion, the arrangement is well-balanced, and this all makes for a vivaciously catchy track!

In high school I did a powerpoint presentation on Ayumi and for every single slide I mixed a short 30 second or so clip of what I thought were her best tracks up to that point in time (and thus could could potentially turn them into fans); I remember using HONEY for one of them.

Last edited by Zeke.; 21st February 2017 at 09:48 PM.
Old 21st February 2017, 09:48 PM
too late Initiate

^ I absolutely adore HONEY!
Old 21st February 2017, 09:55 PM
still alone Initiate

I also enjoy Honey.
Actually, to me it is a highlight of My Story.
It is full of fun and I think it is a clever use of Ayu's vocal qualities.
Old 21st February 2017, 10:29 PM
rainy day Initiate

I'm so glad to see that others also love this song! For me it was also a highlight of MY STORY
Old 22nd February 2017, 11:42 PM
End roll Initiate

HONEY was my first Ayu song when I liked sweeter pop like 2000s BoA. I played it on repeat and then fell in love with the deeper thoughtful Ayu too.
Old 24th February 2017, 12:40 AM
GREEN Initiate

Listen to Colours I really dont care for this album.... I thought some of the tracks where okay, but just the album itself is kinda boring. And it just seems dated... already...
where I can listen to love songs and be in love with it... even Iam... but this album...
hmmm
Anyone else feel this way about Colours?
Old 24th February 2017, 01:35 AM
SURREAL Initiate

^I actually like it, but yes, as an album, as a concept, it feels really random
Old 24th February 2017, 01:45 AM
GREEN Initiate

Some of the songs are okay. I'm just not in love with anything about it.
When an album first comes out there is a song or something I'm attached to and then the rest kinda grows on me Or I just love it instantly...
But this album... Im like Blah... Ill skip it. lol
Old 24th February 2017, 02:00 AM
ayu trance Initiate

I really love "Terminal" even tho I hate EDM haha

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 24th February 2017, 08:02 AM
still alone Initiate

To me Colours was kind of a step back for Ayu. Back towards Party Queen.
After Party Queen when all of the Love Again releases were coming out, I felt relieved and that Ayu was back on track. Then Colours had me worried again.
The videos were seemingly low budget and simple. The music was interesting in the way that Ayu had never really done EDM before but I don't think that style worked well for her. At least not on this execution. I sort of never understood the concept of the album. It is kind of like she made Colours just because she could. No meaningful inspiration or theme. I barely recognize her on the cover even.
I felt some of the producers didn't really "get" Ayu. Sometimes it felt like she was singing someone else's songs.
But I don't hate the album. I think there are still good things about it. Despite the things I mentioned about the music, I still found it refreshing that Ayu did something new and different. I loved XOXO and Terminal and Feel The Love and some other tracks were enjoyable too. Angel really frustrates me though because I think it's a beautiful song but when Ayu starts singing the chorus and saying angel in kind of an Engrish way, it ruins it for me.
Old 24th February 2017, 09:04 AM
Who... Initiate

i LOOOOOOVE Colours. it is her best album for sure! all of the songs are near perfection and i loved that she finally managed to make album full of fun songs (except Pray) like she did with NEXT LEVEL. XOXO PV is bad but i just won't watch it never again so it's okay for me i don't get all the hate for Angel, i think it's beautiful and the beat is neat!! that bass is perfect. i have felt kinda disconnected to ayu after 2014, her music doesn't manage to get meanymore like Colours did

it's funny how different people's opinions can be, right?
Old 24th February 2017, 09:14 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I almost never listen to songs off PQ and Colours. Just two albums that aren't my cup of tea. Pun intended.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Closed Thread