[A] Ayu ~Anything Goes XIX~ - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10th March 2017, 06:02 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Her voice was still good during the promotion of A BEST 2 quite powerfull but the change in her voice has nothing to do with training ! I mean it's obvious that something happened to her vocal cords between A BEST II and Talking to myself without forgetting her deafness ...

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 10th March 2017, 06:38 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
Ha, now that you all mention A COMPLETE i feel like buying it, it's "only" 37€ on CDJAPAN for the 3CD+DVD version
I think that's a really good deal, especially for the amount of things you're getting. I don't have it yet, but I always consider buying because the price if fairly good
Old 10th March 2017, 06:41 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
Her voice was still good during the promotion of A BEST 2 quite powerfull but the change in her voice has nothing to do with training ! I mean it's obvious that something happened to her vocal cords between A BEST II and Talking to myself without forgetting her deafness ...
Yeah, I agree with this as well. I know her hearing is a big problem, but I also felt that around this time (I would actually include the ABest II lives in this), but her vocals chords themselves to me started sounding damaged (only slightly then).

Also, I agree Voltron, it was around Dearest that her vocal performances started getting better. Then in the first half of 2002 she seemed to be having some problems (she sounded sick a lot of the time), second half of 2002 though she sent back to the Dearest level and kept improving after that I felt.
Old 10th March 2017, 06:44 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Its the only remaster that sounds any different to the original..but thats only because whoever mixed/mastered it, muted the guitar track so there's no guitar solo just the percussion.
OMG! Just heard it on Spotify and I'm in shock! There's no guitars!!!! :OOO

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 10th March 2017, 06:53 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think what happened is that they made a mistake during the remastering process for that track and never bothered to fix it.
Old 10th March 2017, 06:54 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Those of you who seem to think her vocals undergo some magical editing process, have you ever paid attention to the other sounds in the live broadcasts? That is, have you ever even realized how different the mix is between how clearly you can hear the audience in the live broadcast as compared to later?

The mic levels are just different between live and after, because you cannot do anything about the mix during a live broadcast. Well, unless something were catastrophically wrong like her mic being switched off on accident, but heads would probably roll in that case.

Autotune and Melodyne leave absolutely unmistakable artifacts which can't be removed or fixed without further distortion. I can say with 100% certainty: she is not using Autotune or Melodyne.

Data editing is not magic. There is only so much information that exists in a sound stream--if you change it at all, you never get back the information lost by that change. It is impossible, not just hyperbolically but literally--exactly the equivalent to being given a number and then trying to determine which of the literally infinite set of numbers that number might be the average of.
Old 10th March 2017, 06:58 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think Ayuready really helped her vocally in some form since that was the period where her vocals were the most clean sounding at least IMO. Performing often but not in a concert-type setting on a regular basis with all different types of songs was good for her, at least it's seemed that way to me looking back on her vocals. She's been so up and down lately though due to illness and overworking herself.
Old 10th March 2017, 07:16 PM
BEST Initiate

^ I think that's probably very true, in a lot of ways. Especially the fact that she almost always did a duet/cover on the show, as well. It taught her to adapt others' songs to her own vocal ability, which probably helped her to adapt some of her older songs to whatever her "present" vocal style was, over the course of the years.
Old 10th March 2017, 09:13 PM
Voyage Initiate

^I hope so! I'm actually kinda offended that they "took it out"!

Quote:
My main complaint with A COMPLETE is M. That remaster was a fucking fail and a half.
Don't haha! Listening to this remastered version is going to kinda ruin my listening to of the album I think. ~ HAL's Progress ~ came on my mp3 player today and it reminded me that M on A Complete had been butchered.

Quote:
I remember I bought this limited version and it was the most expensive thing I ever bought hahaha Also, the Brazilian post service taxed it and I paid the same price as the album to get it.
OMG, that is gutting! I remember the tax I used to have to pay when I used to order from CDJ and the realising that everything I then ordered was going to be most likely hit with an extra charge. Thank god for YesAsia! (Although I am amazed about how fast some of the CDJ packages come but I don't think I could justify the shipping nowadays. Due to the currency rates, JPop CDs are SO much more expensive than when I first started buying them in 2004 when they were almost the same price as UK albums)
Old 11th March 2017, 12:03 AM
still alone Initiate

I have mixed feelings on the sound with A Complete. I think the original albums had slightly better sound.
And for the longest time I didn't know they changed M but over the years of listening to it I finally noticed.
I was so happy to get it because it meant I could hear some songs I have never heard before and I didn't have to watch low quality youtube videos to listen to Ayu. Plus I could start her CD collection.
Old 11th March 2017, 12:31 AM
still alone Initiate

There was a really awesome video a few years ago on youtube that examines Ayu's vocal range.
Old 11th March 2017, 01:25 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I remember watching the TV ver of CDL 2004-2005 and being completely blown away by her vocals...man, those were the days.
Old 11th March 2017, 02:07 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I think what happened is that they made a mistake during the remastering process for that track and never bothered to fix it.
If that's true, that's a whole new level of laziness for her team to sink to...JFC.
Old 11th March 2017, 02:13 AM
rainy day Initiate

Speaking of ayuready, is there anyplace to download the entire series?
Old 11th March 2017, 02:15 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

YukiUsagi uploaded all episodes on Google Drive not too long ago, I think.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...nQ5dEhqdi1qenc

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...zQ&usp=sharing
Old 11th March 2017, 03:15 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
I remember watching the TV ver of CDL 2004-2005 and being completely blown away by her vocals...man, those were the days.
This may be controversial, but that was the first time I saw her live. It was great (though I feel like M and Duty were lip-synched), but I feel like TA 2015 was better.
Old 11th March 2017, 03:25 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:

Sick!! Thank you so much for digging the links up for me.
Old 11th March 2017, 04:45 AM
rainy day Initiate

How ironic you can't even listen to the "complete" version of M, one of her greatest hits, on the "A COMPLETE" collection. Anyways, it never totally bothered me. The album was more of a novelty. For listening, I always preferred the A BEST 2 cds.
Old 11th March 2017, 08:06 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:

ive been searching for them for soo long. Thank you soo much, YukiUsagi!!

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Old 11th March 2017, 08:55 PM
Voyage Initiate

^Excellent, I have never seen AyuReady and feel I should!
Closed Thread